Thoughts on the Monroe

27 replies to this topic
jennyjesus
  • jennyjesus

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

What's your thought on the Monroe? I've been putting off buying it, because I don't want to spend almost 500k on something I'm not sure of. I picked it once during a non-custom race, and I reached my top speed in it, 142 mph. I looked at a lot of other people's high speeds, and it was in the Adder, at 143 mph. I was actually really surprised; however I'm not too sure how the braking/turning measures up to other cars. 

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:54 AM Edited by Ballistic Jello, 04 February 2014 - 02:12 AM.

Supercar fast. Pretty good handling. The most conservative and easy to drive of the (fast) Sports Classics. Also unique to see in free roam,  mine's a mellow orange and delicious. 

0_0.jpg

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Tokelau

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

It's okay, but the Z-Type is better.

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

It's a good car, feels more slippery than the Bullet. That's a good thing though personally I feel the bullet is too sticky.

Are you on Xbox? I have one in my garage fully upgraded if you wanna test drive it.

Z type has good speed but this isn't about the Z Type. (Got one if those too if you want to give it a go)
  • SEBguy likes this

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:46 AM Edited by Spyrothedragon9972, 04 February 2014 - 03:00 AM.

I would just to start off this lengthy post by saying that the Monroe is my favourite car in the game.  The vehicles that I've owned in GTA Online consist of:

Merry Weather Canfis Mesa

Vapid Bullet

Declasse Sabre Turbo

Vapid Dominator

Mammoth

Vapid Sandking XL

Declasse Granger

Imponte Ruiner

Ubermacht Zion Cabrio

BF Bifta

Dinka Akuma

Bravado Banshee

Benefactor Surano

Annis Elegy RH8

Inverto Coquette

Dewbauchee Examplar

Dinka Double T

Pegassi Vacca

Grotti Carbonizzare

Pfister Comet

Cars that I currently own over my 2 characters (Level 135 and 85) include:

Grotti Cheetah

Annis Elegy RH8

Dinka Akuma

Pagassi Vacca

Dewbauchee Exemplar

Dewbauchee JB 700

Coil Voltic

Truffade Adder

Benefactor Feltzer

Overflod Entity XF

-----------------------------

Grotti Carbonizzare

Grotti Stinger

Enus Cognoscenti Cabrio

Pegassi Infernus

Truffade Z-Type

Pegassi Monroe

Obey 9F Cabrio

Ocelot F620

Enus Super Diamond

Grotti Stinger GT

I've developed an opinion on every single one of these vehicles and my current garage setup is the result of in game trials that test the performance of the various vehicles and others that interest me for various reasons.  In an attempt to try and "shorten" this post I'll jump straight to the Monroe.  I find this car to be the best looking one in the game.  Obviously this is subjective, but I'm sure many people can appreciate its design queues which come from the Lamborghini Miura.  When this car is purchased, the yellow colour option from the buying screen cannot be replicated.  If you change it, you can never get that shade of yellow back, without buying another one.  It's the perfect shade for this car, which is again subjective, but it is the colour that the actual car is known for.  Its acceleration is more than adequate, but it's not the best in the game.  Top speed is quite irrelevant in any practical application of any land vehicle in this game, so I'm going to skip over that.  In terms of handling, it falls far behind the super sport and sports car class, but if you brake before turns and turn into them earlier than you would in a sport or super sport, you should be more than happy with the car.  It simply suffers from understeer and weak brakes.  I think it's also worth mentioning that the rear window in largely bullet-proof.  If someone is free aiming, they can rarely get a bullet between the louvers, but you're in a car; how often will that happen?  If you're thinking about buying this car, wanting to get the most possible performance, then the entire sports classics class is useless to you.  If you want it for another reason, there could be a countless number of factors that could apply to your decision making process.

Ever since I started buying cars from the Sports Classic class, they've become my number one choice of car for any occasion.  

In a formal race, typically this class of car will set times in the order of:

First:  Z-Type (Who would have though?)

Second:  Monroe

Third:  Stinger GT

Fourth:  Stinger

Fifth:  JB 700

• Smartpride likes this

jennyjesus
  • jennyjesus

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

@Giantsgiants, thanks for the information, but I'm actually not a very big fan of the Z-type!

@MNTLspazzm, yes, I'm on xbox. My GT is jennyjesus, it would be awesome if I could take it for a test drive! :)

@Spyrothedragon9972, wow, thanks for all the information! I really appreciate it; I didn't know that about the color, that's something I'll keep in mind if I buy it. And like I said above, not the biggest fan of the Z-type, regardless of performance, so I'll skip over that one. :)

Smartpride
  • Smartpride

DONT QUOTE MEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

I would just to start off this lengthy post by saying that the Monroe is my favourite car in the game.  The vehicles that I've owned in GTA Online consist of:

Vapid Bullet
Declasse Sabre Turbo
Vapid Dominator
Mammoth
Vapid Sandking XL
Declasse Granger

Imponte Ruiner
Ubermacht Zion Cabrio
BF Bifta
Dinka Akuma
Bravado Banshee
Benefactor Surano
Annis Elegy RH8
Inverto Coquette
Dewbauchee Examplar
Dinka Double T
Pegassi Vacca
Grotti Carbonizzare
Pfister Comet

Grotti Cheetah
Annis Elegy RH8
Dinka Akuma
Pagassi Vacca
Dewbauchee Exemplar
Dewbauchee JB 700
Coil Voltic
Truffade Adder
Benefactor Feltzer
Overflod Entity XF

Grotti Carbonizzare
Grotti Stinger
Enus Cognoscenti Cabrio

Pegassi Infernus
Truffade Z-Type
Pegassi Monroe
Obey 9F Cabrio
Ocelot F620
Enus Super Diamond
Grotti Stinger GT

I've developed an opinion on every single one of these vehicles and my current garage setup is the result of in game trials that test the performance of the various vehicles and others that interest me for various reasons.  In an attempt to try and "shorten" this post I'll jump straight to the Monroe.  I find this car to be the best looking one in the game.  Obviously this is subjective, but I'm sure many people can appreciate its design queues which come from the Lamborghini Miura.  When this car is purchased, the yellow colour option from the buying screen cannot be replicated.  If you change it, you can never get that shade of yellow back, without buying another one.  It's the perfect shade for this car, which is again subjective, but it is the colour that the actual car is known for.  Its acceleration is more than adequate, but it's not the best in the game.  Top speed is quite irrelevant in any practical application of any land vehicle in this game, so I'm going to skip over that.  In terms of handling, it falls far behind the super sport and sports car class, but if you brake before turns and turn into them earlier than you would in a sport or super sport, you should be more than happy with the car.  It simply suffers from understeer and weak brakes.  I think it's also worth mentioning that the rear window in largely bullet-proof.  If someone is free aiming, they can rarely get a bullet between the louvers, but you're in a car; how often will that happen?  If you're thinking about buying this car, wanting to get the most possible performance, then the entire sports classics class is useless to you.  If you want it for another reason, there could be a countless number of factors that could apply to your decision making process.

Ever since I started buying cars from the Sports Classic class, they've become my number one choice of car for any occasion.  

Nice and wise cars you have owned, can you try out surano and tell me your results?

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:51 AM Edited by Malibu454, 04 February 2014 - 07:51 AM.

I've found Surano's in freeroam. Not very often though. Its a good ride

Good looker too. You wouldn't be disappointed for sure.. :)

muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:11 AM Edited by muddeprived, 04 February 2014 - 08:12 AM.

Vapid Bullet

Declasse Sabre Turbo

Vapid Dominator

Mammoth

Vapid Sandking XL

Declasse Granger

Imponte Ruiner

Ubermacht Zion Cabrio

BF Bifta

Dinka Akuma

Bravado Banshee

Benefactor Surano

Annis Elegy RH8

Inverto Coquette

Dewbauchee Examplar

Dinka Double T

Pegassi Vacca

Grotti Carbonizzare

Pfister Comet

Grotti Cheetah

Annis Elegy RH8

Dinka Akuma

Pagassi Vacca

Dewbauchee Exemplar

Dewbauchee JB 700

Coil Voltic

Truffade Adder

Benefactor Feltzer

Overflod Entity XF

Grotti Carbonizzare

Grotti Stinger

Enus Cognoscenti Cabrio

Pegassi Infernus

Truffade Z-Type

Pegassi Monroe

Obey 9F Cabrio

Ocelot F620

Enus Super Diamond

Grotti Stinger GT

where does someone find the time to be 135 and 85 on two characters? I'm approaching level 40 but damn it took me since xmas and I play nonstop on both of my days off from work. My eyes strain from playing that long. 

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:12 AM Edited by Malibu454, 04 February 2014 - 08:12 AM.

To OP Monroe is a cool car. I drove friend's once in FR. It sounds and feels like an old Lambo just like it looks.

I never bought one though I like it better than the Stinger I bought when She had billions. I got rid of the stinger.

I like stealing cars so much better.

Ya got me thinking maybe I'll ditch the Adder for the Monroe. Its way more sexy.. :p

I don't race with the Adder and its just a stickie bomb target in FR.

Smartpride
  • Smartpride

DONT QUOTE MEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

I have 2 characters with 237 and 61, you don't grind on Xmas, you grind it on the first few days in October.

Chrome adder will be my terrorist plot target.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

You can have the Adder. Its not chrome though. That's just f*cking tacky.

Chrome secondary is about as far as I would go.

muddeprived
  • muddeprived

Da Phuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

I have 2 characters with 237 and 61, you don't grind on Xmas, you grind it on the first few days in October.

What was special about October? I got the game on xmas day. 

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

In October when online started. The missions and races and lots more $$ and RP so people farmed and grinded away.

Driving in circles on Criminal Records and short high RP missions you were able to replay over and over and over.......

Boring....

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:33 PM Edited by Spyrothedragon9972, 04 February 2014 - 02:35 PM.

Nice and wise cars you have owned, can you try out surano and tell me your results?

I think the Surano looks nice from the front. The Mercedes SLS AMG is one of my favourite cars but I don't think Rockstar captured that car in the Surano as well as they have with other cars. The grille looks odd and the hood vents seem kind of random. Other than that, it's a fun car to drive. It's tail happy, but the thing that killed me about this car (and the comet) is that the brake lights look like stickers. On the actual car, the brake lights are flush with the body of the car. In the game, they tried to do this and to a cheap effect. If the brake lights are on for whatever reason (headlight are on, or you're braking) then it's difficult to notice. That aspect of the car's design cheapened the overall experience for me. Kind of a nitpicky thing to complain about, but that is my stance.

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

What was special about October? I got the game on xmas day.

In October when online started. The missions and races and lots more $$ and RP so people farmed and grinded away.
Driving in circles on Criminal Records and short high RP missions you were able to replay over and over and over.......
Boring....

Precisely, On my first character, a majority of the experience was gained by farming the race "Criminal Records." Shame on me, but it was by far the fastest way to do so. Of course, making 3k experience for a 25 second long 1 lap race has been fixed.

RaNdAll959613
  • RaNdAll959613

Swift PIlot, STSQ leader....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

my monroe has probably won every race its been in, wait scratch that, almost every race disregarding one i had a bunch of demo derbyiers... crashing me and about 10 others...oh well....my opinion is that its very nice

Krypt0nite1989
  • Krypt0nite1989

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

I love the Monroe. It's my favorite car in the game. It's good all around. Worth the money.

jennyjesus
  • jennyjesus

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Thanks everyone for all your opinions, I'm definitely going to save up to purchase a Monroe and upgrade it. :)

• Malibu454 likes this

davinhi1
  • davinhi1

69 smasher

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

Monroe is ok

Handling is kinda bleh, however.

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

I have one I have never driven. It's garage eye candy for me.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

The Monroe is an excellent vehicle, 2nd. fastest sports classics vehicle.  I just love its old-school look.  If you're not really a racer then, the Monroe would be an excellent choice.

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

The Monroe is an excellent vehicle, 2nd. fastest sports classics vehicle.  I just love its old-school look.  If you're not really a racer then, the Monroe would be an excellent choice.

I should have bet money on your appearance in this Monroe post, coulda been a rich man!

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:36 AM

I should have bet money on your appearance in this Monroe post, coulda been a rich man!

Oooookaaaaay.

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:48 AM Edited by MNTLspazzm, 05 February 2014 - 02:49 AM.

Oooookaaaaay.

In relation to your heated Z-type/Monroe steamroll thread a couple weeks back,

Don't look at me like I'm weird.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

Oooookaaaaay.

In relation to your heated Z-type/Monroe steamroll thread a couple weeks back,

Don't look at me like I'm weird.

Ooookaaaay, riiiiiiiight.  There was nothing heated about that, it was just a person that had no clue what he was talking about.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by Malibu454, 05 February 2014 - 08:51 PM.

@ jennyjesus

Now you made me go buy a Monroe just for the hell of it, cause I haven't owned one yet.

Bought it on my second character so its stock performance wise. Just gave it some nice blue pearl paint and some nicer wheels

I'll post up some pics later. Forgot to take one last night.. :cool:

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

i will stick with my ztype . i love how that car handles , and its speed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users