Quantcast

» «
Photo

Best Cities for a future GTA game

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Cities for a future GTA (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Cities

1. Chicago (15 votes [32.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.61%

2. Philadelphia (3 votes [6.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

3. Seattle (2 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

4. Denver (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Detroit (13 votes [28.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.26%

6. Pittsburgh (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Atlanta (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Boston (3 votes [6.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

9. Buffalo (1 votes [2.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

10. Washington, DC (9 votes [19.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

I'm still holding out for London, even if Dan Houser said it wasn't very likely. Rockstar also said that Chinatown Wars would be exclusive to the PSP and EFLC would only be on the Xbox 360: Things change, or companies lie in order to make money, whichever you want to look at it. Doesn't mean that London will never happen. Just the chances for now have been drastically reduced.

If I had to pick from that list though, I'd probably go for Philadelphia. I've already suggested the idea of a GTA game set in 1980s Philadelphia during the Philadelphia Mafia War. If you expanded it to include Atlantic City you could include gambling and you'd have that nice, 1980s beach aesthetic that people loved about Vice City, combined with the grim setting of a East Coast city. I think it would be perfect!

As for places not on that list: Somewhere along the U.S./Mexico border would be good if the cartels featured heavily, the cartels are a whole different level compared to the street gangs we're used to in GTA, and I think after playing GTA V it would be a perfect follow-up. Where exactly along the border is still up for debate, but I think El Paso/Ciudad Juarez is top of my list, because you could lampoon the Texas culture, which is pretty much the epitome of America for people who live outside the U.S.

Other suggestions would be Las Venturas in 1977 ( ;)); or New Orleans maybe just after/before Hurricane Katrina.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

EDIT: Also I would love to see a contemporary New Austin, for some RDR nostalgia...

RDR isnt in the same universe as GTA games though, so even though it might be called New Austin it wouldn't be the New Austin from RDR.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Definitely DC bro

Zello
  • Zello

Hired Gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by Zello, 06 February 2014 - 11:43 PM.

Tough choice between Detroit,Philadelphia, Atlanta, and DC all good cities that I want a GTA game set in but I gotta pick DC. With Northern Virginia and parts of Maryland( Montgomery County, PG County aka Pistol Grip County) and maybe Baltimore if they want to cover the entire state but thats another story...Anyway DC has a lot of things Rockstar can make fun of the monuments and they could have a field day with politics. To those who think that the game might get in trouble because we might do something stupid to the president who says we gotta be enemies maybe we help out a politican who ends up getting elected POTUS.( Bowling at the Whitehouse anyone? :miranda: )To those who think that DC has no crime just walk away from all of the monuments and attractions into the neighborhoods of Southeast DC nuff said...

jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:55 AM

Okay, I am seeing a lot of votes for Chicago, DC, and mostly Detroit. Anybody else?

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

San Fierro and LV votes are in but this poll does not allow for them.

F* it. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming

Great poll by the way. :p

jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by jaspas, 07 February 2014 - 07:47 PM.

San Fierro and LV votes are in but this poll does not allow for them.

F* it. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming

Great poll by the way. :p

Thank you!

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

London, Manchester, Liverpool.

Three UK Cities put into one map. 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

London, Manchester, Liverpool.

Three UK Cities put into one map. 

London have been done in the Franchise with Two Games back in the 2D days-GTA London 69
(1999) and GTA London 61(1999).in fact Manchester was included in the Latter Game (according to GTA Wiki).but yeah an HD Era re-imagining would be great,but unfortunately GTA wont redo London according to Dan Houser.

jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:07 AM

Someone should make a concept thread out of Detroit.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

I had to vote for my home town Chicago. Although Detroit would be just as good for the 'gritty' style game. Chicago is more violent right now but Detroit's buildings seem to be burned out/in disrepair more often.

I'd like to see a Vice City that completes the vision that RockStar couldn't do at the time. I didn't think San Andreas needed a re-worked version considering they left out 2/3s of the state.

jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:14 AM Edited by jaspas, 09 February 2014 - 02:20 AM.

We have gotten the votes. Here's the order:

1st: Detroit: 11 votes

2nd: Chicago: 8 votes

3rd: Washington DC: 6 votes

This poll will be the first of a few polls. After this, I will do different polls for cities in different regions and continents. After that, I will single out the winner cities from each poll and host a championship round. The winner city will be made into a concept thread. As of 9:14 PM on Febuary 8, 2014, this poll is now CLOSED. The next poll will be on cities in Europe. Thanks for voting!

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:20 AM

I like Liberty City honestly. Make a bigger version of LC with surrounding country side, another city, beaches, and a vast highway to drive your sports cars without worrying about smacking some other fool like when you drive and infernus in LC or something..

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

I'm really hoping for a Hawaiian setting some day or maybe a game focused on Vegas (Venturas). I'm glad they really focused on the LA setting in V.

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:44 AM Edited by Blennerville, 13 February 2014 - 01:52 AM.

your missing Hawaii on the list, that would be a very good location.

New Orleans and its swampland would also be good - I would like it combined with Miami and the Florida keys to make a single state.

Also maybe you could do a 3 city Texas state - Houston, Dallas, Austin - with lots of farm land with cows and oil in between, and if they could do a border with mexico at el paso that would be great (but i dont know how they would do that if they were going for the island thing).

Out of the curent list I could only see Washington DC working well and maybe Chicago + Detroit together on one map with the lakes in between (otherwise New York + New Jersey would be be better than Chicago as it is too similar).

But for the next game San Fran + Vegas would be the best imo.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

your missing Hawaii on the list, that would be a very good location.

New Orleans and its swampland would also be good - I would like it combined with Miami and the Florida keys to make a single state.

Also maybe you could do a 3 city Texas state - Houston, Dallas, Austin - with lots of farm land with cows and oil in between, and if they could do a border with mexico at el paso that would be great (but i dont know how they would do that if they were going for the island thing).

Out of the curent list I could only see Washington DC working well and maybe Chicago + Detroit together on one map with the lakes in between (otherwise New York + New Jersey would be be better than Chicago as it is too similar).

But for the next game San Fran + Vegas would be the best imo.

i wouldn't mind Hawaii because it is an actual island 

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

washington dc and they should name it capitol city or something

anyone who disagrees hates fun because just imagine gta in washington just imagine that for a second oh my god and like you can take over the white house and kill the president and become president and do all sorts of crazy stuff as president it would be so awesome

trevor2smokes
  • trevor2smokes

IV>V

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Hiroshima during the 1940's
  • Rainbow Party likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:57 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 19 February 2014 - 12:58 AM.

With each new GTA you wonder what place would work best next.

Let's see, some potential ones:

- The islands of Hawaii

- Nevada, Vegas strip

- Southern Florida

- Chicago

- Detroit

- San Francisco

It's tough because you don't want to repeat a lot of what has already been done.

Then there is also the possibility of a made up map. Which would be very cool also.

Crazy part out of all this is R* knows what the next city is already. Multiple early map designs are probably being drawn as we speak haha. (Since that is one of the first things they do)

Blennerville
  • Blennerville

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

My view.

Boston - its just a small New York and not as good either - doesnt have anything else to offer (irish and robberies)

Philadelphia - a lesser New York (just a high crime rate).

Baltimore - doesnt have much to offer (just high gang crime).

Detroit - doesnt have much to offer but high crime - a lesser Chicago.

Chicago - very similar to New York but alright.

Washington, DC - its alright.

Out of all the cities listed in the poll, Chicago would offer the most imo but would still be very similar to New York. Washington DC could be an ok-ish location. I dont think Washington DC would make a good city environment - its so flat and lacks a skyline.

An idea would be for a city that combines Chicago and Detroit into one. An 70's or 80's (could get away with 90's) setting would be best. Chicago has its alleys and draw-bridges and Detriot has its rundown suburbs. That would be the best option of both cities imo.

Washingtom DC - you could combine it with Baltimore. Still dont think it would make a interesting map though - would be heavily relying on Political comic relief imo.

New Orleans is another city that wouldnt offer enough on its own but might be good in a multi city map like GTA SA - included with a few Texas cities would probably good for both New Orlean's and said Texas cities.

My pick for best choices for future GTA's would be

San Francisco + Vegas (should be next game)

Texas cities + New Orleans

Hawaii

Chicago + Detroit

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:04 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 24 February 2014 - 09:05 PM.

I'd be down for Chicago/Detroit if they mixed it up with other big mid-western cities, like a Chicago/St. Louis/Detroit/Cleveland/Milwaukee amalgamation. Also Atlanta would be pretty cool in a Grand Theft Auto game, I really like their road system, and from what little I've seen of it I'm sure the rest of the city is an easy enough target. (There were Segway tours down by the coke museum.)

gta111
  • gta111

LTA Rail T/O

• Members

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

I'm thinking maybe a city in Japan, based off tokyo or osaka. But Chicago, Boston, or Philly, all get my votes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users