Quantcast

» «
Photo

Best Cities for a future GTA game

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Cities for a future GTA (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Cities

1. Chicago (15 votes [32.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.61%

2. Philadelphia (3 votes [6.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

3. Seattle (2 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

4. Denver (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Detroit (13 votes [28.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.26%

6. Pittsburgh (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Atlanta (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Boston (3 votes [6.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.52%

9. Buffalo (1 votes [2.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

10. Washington, DC (9 votes [19.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote
jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:06 AM Edited by jaspas, 09 February 2014 - 02:18 AM.

Liberty City, Los Santos, and Vice City mave been overdone. I think its time for a new city. Out of the choices, which city would be best? (No NYC, LA, or any other cities that have been parodied in GTA) Vote for the choices in the poll ONLY. As soon as you vote, list the reasons why.

UPDATE 2/8/14 This poll is now closed and from now on, votes will no longer be counted. Here is why:

This poll will be the first of a few polls. After this, I will do different polls for cities in different regions and continents. After that, I will single out the winner cities from each poll and host a championship round. The winner city will be made into a concept thread.

YOu can see the winner city on the second page. Next poll is Europe!

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:11 AM

Grand Theft Auto to return to San Fierro, me thinks, for a lil' project (something along the lines of Chinatown Wars, nuahmean?) With all them Chinamen, it would be perfect for sum dark 'n' gritty Triad underworld story.

• Niko Vercetti 112, I<3GTAV and Blennerville like this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

Grand Theft Auto to return to San Fierro, me thinks, for a lil' project (something along the lines of Chinatown Wars, nuahmean?) With all them Chinamen, it would be perfect for sum dark 'n' gritty Triad underworld story.

I honestly think San Fierro is perfect for the next GTA, it has the geographical diversity, the weird people and politics perfect for satire, and TRIADS!

• tehSpitefulPotato and Blennerville like this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

I honestly think San Fierro is perfect for the next GTA, it has the geographical diversity, the weird people and politics perfect for satire, and TRIADS!

Now from what you've said, I'm afraid it's a bit too much like Liberty City :queasy: 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

I voted Detroit,would love to see GTA leave it Trinity Locations for a while (dont get me wrong, LC,SA and VC) are the 3 famous Locations in video game history.
@Mr Orange
A 3rd Person view Sequel to Chinatown Wars will be great. Imagine GTA:Chinatown Wars II (China)

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

I voted Detroit,would love to see GTA leave it Trinity Locations for a while (dont get me wrong, LC,SA and VC) are the 3 famous Locations in video game history.
@Mr Orange
A 3rd Person view Sequel to Chinatown Wars will be great. Imagine GTA:Chinatown Wars II (China)

Hopefully they'd come up with a better name by the release date :I

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

@Mr Orange

Yeah bro.but tbh a 3rd Person Definitive version of Chinatown Wars will be great.bro i know alot of people that want a sequel or a PS3/box360 release.plus that Trademark (Chinatown Wars) have given Rockstar alot of ways to do a GTA set in China (even though Chinatown Wars was about the Triads or Asian community in Liberty City) unfortunately Dan Houser said GTA wont be set outside the U.S or revisit London.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

@Mr Orange

Yeah bro.but tbh a 3rd Person Definitive version of Chinatown Wars will be great.bro i know alot of people that want a sequel or a PS3/box360 release.plus that Trademark (Chinatown Wars) have given Rockstar alot of ways to do a GTA set in China (even though Chinatown Wars was about the Triads or Asian community in Liberty City) unfortunately Dan Houser said GTA wont be set outside the U.S or revisit London.

Since when did Beijing or Shangai have Chinatown neighborhoods? 

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

LIBERTY STATE. THERES MORE TO NEW YORK THAN NEW YORK CITY

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Is there a reason Northern SanAndreas cities were omitted?

San Fierro and Las Venturas are the cities I hope for... with mountains and desert betwee.
  • Blennerville likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:29 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 04 February 2014 - 08:35 AM.

@Mr Orange

Since when did Beijing or Shangai have Chinatown neighborhoods? 
I meant that would fit with it Original's Title (Chinatown Wars) didnt say it had Chinatown Neighbourhoods.Imagine Selling a Drug (cocaine) on next-gen,Alot of people love that in Chinatown Wars,luckily no other game have ripped that of GTA.

@Luddite
I think San Fierro and surrounding place would be the only city in Northern San Andreas. i think with the HD Era,the cities would be put in their appropriate places.Las Venturas would probably be in GTA's Version of Nevada.

tehSpitefulPotato
  • tehSpitefulPotato

meme police

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

I think new cities won't be coming for a lot of time. We still have San Fierro, Las Venturas and Vice City. I don't understand why 90% of this forum seem to want Vice City as next setting. I know that Miami is a lot different from LA, but they just are too similar to be next to each other. Personally I want San Fierro and the whole bay area (or whatever it's called), it would be perfect balance between LC's urbanised cityscape and LS' rich districts and gang neighborhoods.

• Blennerville likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:46 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 04 February 2014 - 08:47 AM.

I think new cities won't be coming for a lot of time. We still have San Fierro, Las Venturas and Vice City. I don't understand why 90% of this forum seem to want Vice City as next setting. I know that Miami is a lot different from LA, but they just are too similar to be next to each other. Personally I want San Fierro and the whole bay area (or whatever it's called), it would be perfect balance between LC's urbanised cityscape and LS' rich districts and gang neighborhoods.

Great Comment bro,but i would be on a neutral side and say it should got back to east coast,it either a new city in Liberty State or Carcer/Detroit GTA game.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, San Fierro, Oakland and the whole of Northern San Andreas in the 1970's would be amazing. Thus the reason why I'm doing a concept thread on it.
  • Luddite, tehSpitefulPotato and Blennerville like this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

I was asking the OP, not you, BiiD.

But as you've decided to interject and put-down my suggestion based on your ability to see the future, I'd like to note that next-gen may very well be capable of handling more than one large city. Compared to LA, both SF and LV are miniscule.

pimpnutz
  • pimpnutz

Pimpnutz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

I voted Buffalo 'cause it's my hometown and I know all the shortcuts.  It would give me an advantage lol.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:12 PM Edited by gnad.1992, 04 February 2014 - 07:12 PM.

NONE

I want Vice City

And how can you say VC is overdone?

They didn't remake it in HD.

Yet :) 

phoenixShine
  • phoenixShine

Bleedin' Tasty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

Chicago and suburbs (like Evanston, Cicero or Calumet), of course.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:49 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 04 February 2014 - 07:50 PM.

Lol Alot of Fans will be pissed by this quote if it actually happens"never before have we done a new setting in the U.S and GTA will be set in our own version of Detroit and not Vice City"-Rockstar Mod to a Q+A.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Lol Alot of Fans will be pissed by this quote if it actually happens"never before have we done a new setting in the U.S and GTA will be set in our own version of Detroit and not Vice City"-Rockstar Mod to a Q+A.

Source...?

Or was it a friend who told you? 

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

The city that appeared the least in the series is Las Venturas. It appeared once. Every other city appeared at least twice:

• Liberty City- 8 times (GTA, GTA III, GTA Advance, GTA LCS, GTA IV, GTA TLaD, GTA TBoGT, GTA CW),
  • Los Santos- 2 times (GTA SA, GTA V),
  • Vice City- 2 times (GTA, GTA VC),
  • San Fierro/San Andreas- 2 times (GTA, GTA SA)
  • Las Venturas- 1 time (GTA SA)

Anywhere city was excluded because it isn't based on any real city.

I voted for Detroit.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:19 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 04 February 2014 - 09:21 PM.

Source...?

Lol,i am only imagining :) but hopefully Vice City will be HD re-imagined.

The city that appeared the least in the series is Las Venturas. It appeared once. Every other city appeared at least twice:

• Liberty City- 8 times (GTA, GTA III, GTA Advance, GTA LCS, GTA IV, GTA TLaD, GTA TBoGT, GTA CW),
  • Los Santos- 2 times (GTA SA, GTA V),
  • Vice City- 2 times (GTA, GTA VC),
  • San Fierro/San Andreas- 2 times (GTA, GTA SA)
  • Las Venturas- 1 time (GTA SA)
Anywhere city was excluded because it isn't based on any real city.
I voted for Detroit.
I think Anywhere City would be a Futuristic setting if it was HD re-imagined,afterall GTA 2 was the only futuristic game in the series. and San Andreas has appeared 3 times (GTA,GTA SA and GTA 5).

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Source...?

Lol,i am only imagining :) but hopefully Vice City will be HD re-imagined.

lol no prob :^: 

jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Vice City would be cool in HD. But I was talking about the future, like after GTA 6. I would like a game based on Chicago. You can go to the Sears Tower and go to Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and other places for shooting random people. You can also travel on the Chicago El. Chicago has some diverse areas, from the Loop, to the high income areas (Kenwood), and the ghetto. Detroit would be like Grove Street: except dirtier and even more crime ridden. You can be downtown, and then go down the road, and there's a ghetto. And Philadelphia would be interesting. You have a lot of Af-Am and Italian people and this can make a great story. Those would be my choices. 

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:36 PM

@Blood-Is-In-Diamond: When I wrote "San Fierro/San Andreas", I meant San Fierro was named "San Andreas" in GTA 1.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

@Blood-Is-In-Diamond: When I wrote "San Fierro/San Andreas", I meant San Fierro was named "San Andreas" in GTA 1.

alright (my bad) :)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

1. Hawaii

2. Detroit

3. Chicago

(Im not a fan of them remaking Vice City but I can see it happening)

Would be the four cities/states that I would like to see recreated in the GTA universe.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

If you're talking about new cities, I say Boston. While it's very LC-ish, it's definitley more unique than Chicago. Give me a good old Irish brute as a protagonist, that would be amazing.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

If you're talking about new cities, I say Boston. While it's very LC-ish, it's definitley more unique than Chicago. Give me a good old Irish brute as a protagonist, that would be amazing.

For me personally it is too much like LC for it to be the next game. I wouldn't mind Boston or a (mainly) city setting in a couple of games time as there are other types of enviroment that R* col visit first.

Zolag
  • Zolag

Epsilonist

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by Zolag, 05 February 2014 - 02:04 PM.

I would love to see what Carcer City is like.

EDIT: Also I would love to see a contemporary New Austin, for some RDR nostalgia...

• Luddite likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users