Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto V: PC Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9,535 replies to this topic

Poll: Grand Theft Auto V PC (246 member(s) have cast votes)

When do you expect the announcement?

1. March 3rd - March 10th (24 votes [9.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

2. March 11th - March 18th (48 votes [19.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.51%

3. March 19th - March 26th (37 votes [15.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.04%

4. March 27th - April 3rd (32 votes [13.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.01%

5. Later... (105 votes [42.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.68%

How many more weeks until the release (after the announcement)?

1. 1 (6 votes [2.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

2. 2 (10 votes [4.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.07%

3. 3 (21 votes [8.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.54%

4. 4 (44 votes [17.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.89%

5. 5 (16 votes [6.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.50%

6. 6 (19 votes [7.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.72%

7. 7 (3 votes [1.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

8. 8 (32 votes [13.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.01%

9. 9 (3 votes [1.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.22%

10. 10 (13 votes [5.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.28%

11. More... (79 votes [32.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.11%

Vote
Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:19 AM Edited by Andreas, 09 March 2014 - 07:09 AM.

Grand Theft Auto V: PC Discussion

Welcome to the official Grand Theft Auto V PC discussion thread, the place to discuss anything and everything regarding the to be announced GTA V PC version. 

...

Alright guys and gals, I think we can pretty much all agree that the previous thread was going nowhere. Trolling, spamming, flaming and other tripe were running rampant. So after having given you some time to reflect, here is a new thread, a fresh start, a second chance. But make no illusions it is also your final chance to make it work.

To avoid this thread from going down the same path as its predecessor, I'd like to once again remind you of a couple of pivotal rules.

icon4.gif Do not respond to troll, spammers, disruptive character and the like. Just report them and move on. 

icon4.gif Keep the discourse civil and refrain from slinging personal attacks.

icon4.gif Do not post off-topic, general discussion about PC is allowed, however keep other content not relating to GTA V PC out of this thread.

icon4.gif Keep the posting of memes, gifs and other reactionary imagery to a minimum.

The Forum Rules - Read them, remember them, live them.

Remember, this thread will be very closely moderated. Any and all transgressions will be dealt with swiftly and appropriately.

Link to previous topic: http://gtaforums.com...ion-discussion/
  • Otter, Rashka, DiDoSvK and 15 others like this

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

Better be the first one to say it:

Thank you for making a new topic!

I can't wait for either March or April for the release.

• Mega and BlackScout like this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:40 AM

Thanks for making this thread!

MusaKhan9876
  • MusaKhan9876

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:40 AM

same here, i think March or April release will be good not more than that, otherwise people will lose interest in it.

and also Thanks for the new post

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:41 AM Edited by Osho, 19 January 2014 - 05:47 AM.

Forum rules - read and remembered to follow them.

Done!

OT: It's a long wait. I can almost feel it. Tough to deal with it.

All eyes (hopes) on upcoming conference meet.
  • Big Danny K and Ryuuk Lawliet like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 19 January 2014 - 05:45 AM Edited by AceKingston, 19 January 2014 - 05:46 AM.

Thanks to Raavi and the staff for opening a new topic.  :)

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

I know it's based on speculation, but honestly don't expect it any earlier than May. That's the 8 month mark (May 17th) so any sooner and it's actually really breaking past GTA PC port records. The fact that we've past the point of average GTA PC announcements, and still have no announcement, does not bode well for an early release.

I voted for later in the last topic because I feel that if I expect it sometime past summer 2014, then I can't possibly be disappointed.

• Osho, sivaG and Rockstar Games™ like this

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

I know it's based on speculation, but honestly don't expect it any earlier than May. That's the 8 month mark (May 17th) so any sooner and it's actually really breaking past GTA PC port records. The fact that we've past the point of average GTA PC announcements, and still have no announcement, does not bode well for an early release.

I voted for later in the last topic because I feel that if I expect it sometime past summer 2014, then I can't possibly be disappointed.

In a previous thread there were some evidences posted that gta 5 is NOT a port like other gta games. Also gta sa and 4 were launched/ported on pc 6 months after console release.

niceguy78
  • niceguy78

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

Do you think that a March release is even possible? I mean, are Rockstar gonna announce the PC version and release it ~1 month afterwards? (assuming they announce it in February/end of January).

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

Do you think that a March release is even possible? I mean, are Rockstar gonna announce the PC version and release it ~1 month afterwards? (assuming they announce it in February/end of January).

very unlikely to me my guess is summer 

may-june

• sivaG and Rockstar Games™ like this

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

I am hoping for an April release, for that to be feasible an announcement shouldn't be far off.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:37 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 19 January 2014 - 08:39 AM.

We got new thread? Mods please make your mind. You said no PC talk untill new news. I don't see any new news or is there?

• sivaG likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

I voted April on the original poll. So I guess that's what I'm hoping for. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

We got new thread? Mods please make your mind.

My mind is this: stay on topic or I will complete your ridiculous collection of warning points with a full ban.
  • Rashka, DiDoSvK, ATastyCookie and 5 others like this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

Is the poll from the old thread coming back? The one 'when do you think GTA V PC version is coming?' 

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

I can add a poll about the release date. Any additions? Maybe a poll about when you think the announcement will happen? A guesstimate of the system requirements? What do you think?

bindik
  • bindik

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Where was the builds.xml found https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml ? I mean, if someone check the updated version of GTA V, will there be updated logs tho ?

• DiDoSvK likes this

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

And now we praise the censoring moderators of this forum. pfffff ... If this stupid limitation is continued you won't see me here anymore. Sad to see that barely noone realizes what is going on here.

• RyanBurnsRed, sivaG, UltraGizmo64 and 2 others like this

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

We're close!

• DiDoSvK likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

As someone who would really like the PC version now, I have to say, keep your expectations realistic people.

I can't see it coming before April. Why?

Take2 have blown their targets to bits this financial year already, which ends March 2014.

http://ir.take2games...9835&highlight=

If I remember prior to release their bold prediction was "earnings in excess of $2 per share". Now they are forecasting $3.50-$3.75 which is a phenomenal increase.

If I was in charge I would shunt every possible future release into the next fiscal. That includes a PC version of V, a next gen console version, or and paid for DLC for the PS3 and Xbox, some of which I suspect might be ready to go now, but are being deliberately held back.

• francool08, Andreas, Osho and 3 others like this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:21 AM Edited by Andreas, 19 January 2014 - 10:27 AM.

Where was the builds.xml found https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml ? I mean, if someone check the updated version of GTA V, will there be updated logs tho ?

The log was found in the PS3 version of V not too long after the game launched.

And now we praise the censoring moderators of this forum. pfffff ... If this stupid limitation is continued you won't see me here anymore. Sad to see that barely noone realizes what is going on here.

That's what you call censoring? The previous PC topics got out of hand all the time, no matter how often people have been told to stay on-topic or cut the arguments. You can either have a PC topic and refrain from posting here unless you have something to add on the subject, or there is no PC topic, which would mean you have no opportunity to talk about the PC version. Which one do you prefer?

I can't see it coming before April. Why?

Take2 have blown their targets to bits this financial year already, which ends March 2014.
http://ir.take2games...9835&highlight=
If I remember prior to release their bold prediction was "earnings in excess of $2 per share". Now they are forecasting $3.50-$3.75 which is a phenomenal increase.

Good point. As of July 30th, they expected $1.775-1.875 billion or $2.25-2.50 earnings per share by the end of the fiscal year. Now the expectations are as high as $2.2-2.3 billion with the chance that it could turn out to be even more. I didn't expect a release prior to April anyway, though. It's middle January and there is still no announcement.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

So it's safe to say that the PC version will be a "next-gen" version of the game, not just a shoddy port?

• MichaelPayneV likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:33 AM Edited by Andreas, 19 January 2014 - 10:34 AM.

So it's safe to say that the PC version will be a "next-gen" version of the game, not just a shoddy port?

Correct. The game was developed for all three platforms since at least early 2012, and has been tested on the PC since around June 2012. This certainly doesn't sound like some shoddy port.
  • Cuexcomate likes this

MKIIIX
  • MKIIIX

█│║▌║││█

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Not with these screens

bg.jpg

bg3.jpg

bg.jpg

• RMN, iiGh0STt and MichaelPayneV like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:34 AM Edited by Xerukal, 19 January 2014 - 10:34 AM.

Yes. Very similar to Max Payne 3's PC version, it seems.  

Wow, I'm late. 

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

these images above^ look way too good for them to be an actual gameplay screenshots..to me it looks rather more like some sort of a renders than a realtime graphics, but who knows they might surprise us.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:46 AM Edited by Xerukal, 19 January 2014 - 10:47 AM.

Here's a bit of an interesting theory I have, as a veteran APB player. 

For those who don't know; Dave Jones, the original founder of DMA Design (Now Rockstar North) founded another developer, "Realtime Worlds (RTW)" in 2002. They went onto make APB: All Points Bulletin. A game that, according to some, was actually going to be a "prototype" GTA: Online or an "experiment". 

I followed the game through 2009 all the way up to the first closed beta. i participated in it and shared many fond and not-so-fond memories with many stages of the game. The life cycle of the game ended up being VERY short. Releasing in around June (if I remember correctly) and lasting only until September 2010.  

Soon after, in early 2011, GamersFirst, a Free to Play developer, picked up the game and "revived" it as "APB: Reloaded". 

The game has been going "okay" for the past 3 years or so now. But one of the developers (TechMech) made an interesting blog post about GTA V just a month after its release... 

http://apbreloaded.g...nd-getting.html

It's odd, isn't it? Making a post such as this about "competing" with a game that is not even on the appropriate platform to be competed with. APB:R is a PC-only game. GTA V was clearly a console release. Yet the blog post speaks as if it is going to be a direct "GTA: Online on PC vs APB on PC" confrontation. Using that Steam Data, as well. 

I doubt they know anything. But It's just very curious to me. GTA V's release was a big thing, for sure. But why would a game such as APB have to worry? It's as if they expected direct PC competition. 

TheGreyWolf
  • TheGreyWolf

Veni Vidi Vici!

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Hmm now im also thinking about a april-may release because for a march release the game should have been announced already. A may release seems more plausible because R* will have enough time to polish Online and the NG/PC version and maybe first release Heists for older consoles and complete package for PC/NG. I wouldnt like a may release but i hope by then we get a badass version of GTA V and if it runs smooth like MP 3 then im fine with it.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Not with these screens

bg.jpg

bg3.jpg

bg.jpg

If these images is what next gen GTA 5 will look like i will be a very happy man! :D

• Rockstar Games™, iiGh0STt and MichaelPayneV like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:04 AM Edited by Xerukal, 19 January 2014 - 11:04 AM.

The first and third images seem very pre-rendered. The second one, though... 

Don't really know. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users