Questions and Answers

5,346 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

When hanging out with for example Trevor he always uses the combat MG. Is there a way to have him use a different weapon? No matter what I equip as Michael, Trevor always uses the combat MG.

He'll use the strongest gun he's got in his weapon wheel. You have to get busted while holding the combat MG to lose it. Then he will use the regular MG, and then the Gusenberg, which you cannot get rid of. I haven't checked to see if he'll use it with no ammo though, so you might wanna try that.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

I have a question....I think I know the answer but I'm not sure.

Why is it always really easy to knock over lamp posts (light poles) in GTA games and especially in V...?

Fun factor, most likely. 

Remember how annoying it is crashing into bus stops in IV? Imagine that, but with every single lamppost, fire hydrant, mail box and bin. You wouldn't be able to drive on the pavement easily, and it just makes driving around more fun - even though in real life they're rooted deep and hard to even bend. 

• ~Tiger~ likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

I have a question....I think I know the answer but I'm not sure.

Why is it always really easy to knock over lamp posts (light poles) in GTA games and especially in V...?

Fun factor, most likely. 

Remember how annoying it is crashing into bus stops in IV? Imagine that, but with every single lamppost, fire hydrant, mail box and bin. You wouldn't be able to drive on the pavement easily, and it just makes driving around more fun - even though in real life they're rooted deep and hard to even bend. 

I had heard that it's a dig at Driver, because in that game (1, 2 and 3 anyway) the lamp posts were always rock solid, so GTA III onwards made them more fun.

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:35 PM Edited by I will pwn you newbs, 19 March 2014 - 11:06 PM.

So why the hell does sleeping save the game? I bought a bunch of stocks but advanced the game too far and I missed the peak and it went down to zero profit. Btw I wasn't saving. I would just get in the bed and then get out to advance the time. I also have auto save off but it must have saved anyway.

EDIT: nvm it didn't actually save. It just made it look that way on social club.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

So why the hell does sleeping save the game? I bought a bunch of stocks but advanced the game too far and I missed the peak and it went down to zero profit. Btw I wasn't saving. I would just get in the bed and then get out to advance the time. I also have auto save off but it must have saved anyway.

After you hit right to go to sleep, just hit B or Circle and it should make it not save. Also, dying advances more time without the chance of saving, though without a ton of money, that $5000 you lose each time could pile up.

britt
  • britt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hey all. I am 96% done with the game and I have come across a problem I am having. The Vanilla Unicorn will not let me in. However, sometimes when I switch to Trevor, he is inside, but there are no strippers, nobody at the bar, or even a bouncer outside. I have an OLD Xbox, and don't have a wifi adapter. I've been told connecting to Xbox Live may correct this somehow, but I am not sure. Is there a way to fix this without having to do this or restart a new game? I was able to go inside of Vanilla Unicorn for the missions. I did a little research on this and found other people having this issue, however it seems mine is slightly a little different. I am so close to 100%.!!

What can I do? Thanks

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hey all. I am 96% done with the game and I have come across a problem I am having. The Vanilla Unicorn will not let me in. However, sometimes when I switch to Trevor, he is inside, but there are no strippers, nobody at the bar, or even a bouncer outside. I have an OLD Xbox, and don't have a wifi adapter. I've been told connecting to Xbox Live may correct this somehow, but I am not sure. Is there a way to fix this without having to do this or restart a new game? I was able to go inside of Vanilla Unicorn for the missions. I did a little research on this and found other people having this issue, however it seems mine is slightly a little different. I am so close to 100%.!!

What can I do? Thanks

I think the problem might be that you're offline or that you play on an old X360 system. But I don't know how to fix it.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

What can I do? Thanks

So you're not connected to the internet meaning you never updated your game? I believe that is your problem, this issue was addressed in the very first Title Update.

Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked

XmaulGamer
  • XmaulGamer

Rat

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

Sorry 

My English is bad because i am Argentinian xDD

jdb12
  • jdb12

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

On the next gen systems when gta v becomes available are the cars and guns that were released in the dlc's going to be accessible? or is rockstar going to do a "dlc weekend" or something so that everyone who buys gta v on their xbox one or ps4 can have the same content?

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

On the next gen systems when gta v becomes available are the cars and guns that were released in the dlc's going to be accessible? or is rockstar going to do a "dlc weekend" or something so that everyone who buys gta v on their xbox one or ps4 can have the same content?

There's no word of GTA V ever coming out on PS4 or Xbox One. 

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

As Leon said, it's not 'when' it's 'if'. It likely will not come out on next-gen consoles - however if it did, then it would likely be some time after all the DLC has dropped and would likely be in a 'special edition' that contains all the DLC included. Note 'likely', since there hasn't been anything on it at all. 

mrtommygunwhite
  • mrtommygunwhite

have you tried switching it off and switching it back on again

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:07 AM

lets focus on the pc version for now as that is more likely to happen 

britt
  • britt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

I got another question. Does anybody know if there are any gta v iron on patches or sew on patches? Id love to have the green 'v' gta logo as a patch and put it on my bag. Ive looked everywhere online.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:18 AM

If I buy the sonar collections dock as Trevor can I still do mikes strangers and freaks that takes place there?

krashr
  • krashr

flailing goat

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:26 AM

If I buy the sonar collections dock as Trevor can I still do mikes strangers and freaks that takes place there?

yeah i'm pretty sure you can buy it with anyone and the mission will still appear

Driftking21
  • Driftking21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

Hey ive been looking for awhile an i find videos but they dont show u how to do it so i was wondering if anybody had a new way to walk underwater or is it patch please let me know.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

Yes, definitely.  That's what I did.

gamefriik200
  • gamefriik200

Dem fish killer

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Yes its me again who preparing the game lol  :karmaeater:

Well question is If i do bureau raid then I can choose if i want to get fire outfit or stealt outfit if i right? Please this time send me a messeage if somebody knows I lazy to find answers

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

OFF TOPIC BUT!

MY XBOX LIVE HAS BEEN EXPIRED FOR A WEEK BUT NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN ITS WORKING. I CAN PLAY ONLINE AND I DIDNT GET MEMBERSHIP?

ANYONE KNOW WHATS GOING ON?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by RedDaggerXL, 21 March 2014 - 04:20 PM.

OFF TOPIC BUT!

MY XBOX LIVE HAS BEEN EXPIRED FOR A WEEK BUT NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN ITS WORKING. I CAN PLAY ONLINE AND I DIDNT GET MEMBERSHIP?

Could be automatic renewal, playing on someone else's account or accidentally signed up for a free trial. You could try asking xbox support if you don't find an answer here as well. 

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

OFF TOPIC BUT!

Could be automatic renewal, playing on someone else's account or accidentally signed up for a free trial. You could try asking xbox support if you don't find an answer here as well. 

This weekend is a Xbox Live Gold weekend. That means that the entire weekend you'll be subscribed to XBL Gold, but it will end on Monday. Microsoft announced it some days ago.

Well question is If i do bureau raid then I can choose if i want to get fire outfit or stealt outfit if i right? Please this time send me a messeage if somebody knows I lazy to find answers

Yes, there are two options on the Bureau Raid, Covert (Fire Outfit) and Roof Entry (Stealth Outfit).

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

OFF TOPIC BUT!

This weekend is a Xbox Live Gold weekend. That means that the entire weekend you'll be subscribed to XBL Gold, but it will end on Monday. Microsoft announced it some days ago.

Yes, there are two options on the Bureau Raid, Covert (Fire Outfit) and Roof Entry (Stealth Outfit).

Oh thats good! Thanks

Do u also know if f*cking red dead will ever get fixed? :( :( :( :( :(

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

Probably not, as R* North is occupied with GTA: Online, the singleplayer DLC and their new videogame, Agent. And probably GTA V for PC.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Probably not, as R* North is occupied with GTA: Online, the singleplayer DLC and their new videogame, Agent. And probably GTA V for PC.

f*ck it was most online played game since its released all the way till the servers got hacked!!!

Best game ever

This is tragic

ROCKSTAR HURRY UP AND RELEASE THE NEW RED DEAD

Voggs
  • Voggs

A cheese sandwich would be nice

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:28 AM Edited by Voggens, 22 March 2014 - 01:30 AM.

Today I finally saved a picture with Snapmatic because I couldn't connect my Xbox to internet in 2 years because they changed my router in 2012 and I hadn't been able to sign in on Xbox Live until now. My first photo.

0_0.jpg

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but there's a bit a problem, why are those black spaces there? In most of the photos I've seen those black spaces are actually filled with the rest of the game screen.

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:16 AM

Hey there.

I haven't played GTA V yet, so I have a stupid question to ask. Does Michael ever wear a tie with his suits? I searched in Google, but couldn't find a picture of him wearing a tie.

I'm asking this because I think I found a suitable head for a custom action figure, and maybe a suitable body, but it has a closed black suit and a red tie.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:22 AM

The only time Michael wears a suit with a tie is when you get the tuxedo but other than that, no. Hope that helps.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

2 options. You can buy a tuxedo with a black tie before the mission 'meltdown' (late in the game). And you have the jewelry heist suit which you get if you choose 'loud and dumb' as approach. (The suit on the right with the red striped tie). That's it. All other suits are without a tie. (which is crazy I guess)

468px-014c.jpg

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

Today I finally saved a picture with Snapmatic because I couldn't connect my Xbox to internet in 2 years because they changed my router in 2012 and I hadn't been able to sign in on Xbox Live until now. My first photo.

[SNIP]

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but there's a bit a problem, why are those black spaces there? In most of the photos I've seen those black spaces are actually filled with the rest of the game screen.

1. Go to Xbox Home/Dashboard.
2. Go to the Settings tab and select System.
3. Select Console Settings, then select Display, and then select Screen Format.
4. Change the setting to "Widescreen".
5. Load up GTA V, go take a picture, and the black bars should be gone.
  • Voggs likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users