67 replies to this topic
Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:56 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 03 February 2014 - 04:57 PM.

I was doing some off-road races last night, some with custom vehicles on, some with them off, when I started to notice a frequently reoccurring vehicle choice.

People would always choose the Bifta.

I obviously get why, as it is the fastest vehicle in the off-road class, but I feel that it is just extremely unbalanced, more for when custom vehicles are off than when they are on.

I can see the level of balance for these races more without the Bifta. The regular Dune Buggy is moderately fast but is quite tiny, the Sanchez is very fast, but one mistake is all it takes and you'll be fading to black waiting to respawn, and all of the bigger trucks such as the Bodhi may be lacking in speed compared to the Sanchez but are more forgiving than the Sanchez.

The Bifta combines the speed of the Sanchez with the "security" of a regular vehicle, and I just find that unbalanced when it comes to off-road races. Sure, I know that I'm free to use it myself, but what fun is it when everyone is in the same vehicle?

What are your thoughts on the Bifta and it's balance regarding off-road races? Even if you're not a frequent racer, you must be able to see the balance issues it has.

inb4 just use the Bifta

inb4 just make a race and don't let Biftas be used

inb4 the Bifta is my favorite and I see no issue with being in a more powerful vehicle than anyone else

inb4 people say I'm whining, which I'm obviously not

inb4 you're just bad at racing

• T-Offline likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

INB4 Bifta Rocks.
  • Sugar Free Nos likes this

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

If the terrain is rough/bumpy they just fly off the track lol. I prefer the dune buggy.

• Killzone3265, Sugar Free Nos, BigMamArBeaSt and 1 other like this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

Bifta master off-road race.
  • RowanSane likes this

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:03 PM Edited by Ecstasyisfun, 03 February 2014 - 05:04 PM.

sanchez rips the bifta when i race with the off-road class, even if everyone on sanchez's f*cks up a few times, idk how you could say the bifta is op when the sanchez exists in off-road racing!

i agree the bifta is the #2 choice though.

• HBSanta likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:06 PM Edited by Gta-freak-VI, 03 February 2014 - 05:14 PM.

Inb4 OP can't inb4 :p

I've never used the bifta in off-road races but it definitely needs to be nerfed a bit. I use it in FM a lot and I gotta say its too overpowered when cruising off-road. So, I agree
  • RowanSane, Sugar Free Nos and Obviously like this

LukeMeister83
  • LukeMeister83

British Collective

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

I like the Bifta. Probably the most fun to drive car in the game imo.

I too have noticed the majority use the Bifta in off road races, and I am one of those. Most other classes have the same problem though, with regards to frequent used vehicles.

If you want to change it, you have given the solutions in your own post, so this is just a whinging thread isn't it? 

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:07 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 03 February 2014 - 05:11 PM.

sanchez rips the bifta when i race with the off-road class, even if everyone on sanchez's f*cks up a few times, idk how you could say the bifta is op when the sanchez exists in off-road racing!

i agree the bifta is the #2 choice though.

Idk, I was using the Sanchez on a race where the first part of it was a straight portion of road, I got the turbo start unlike the Bifta and it still caught up to me.

I feel that they're both evenly matched in speed, but you obviously don't have to respawn every time you get hit when in the Bifta.

Also, to above, being interested in the opinion of the community on a particular subject while also stating my own isn't whining. There's no real way to fix it, as I don't feel that it needs to be nerfed due to it being used in free mode, but it won't be removed from races either.

I'm just expressing my opinion that it takes the fun out of the races for me when everyone is in the same vehicle. Super races are much like this too, but at least sometimes a random Adder, Cheetah, or Infernus will be chosen. 

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

INB4 use the bifta...oops.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

If it really is annoying you so much then dont do off road races or learn to race against the Bifta and try to exploit its weaknesses. There is also going to be a few cars that feel unbalanced compared to the rest in a certain class, you just have to learn to get along with it unfortunatley.

Metal Slime
  • Metal Slime

A Metal Slime draws near! Command?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:16 PM Edited by Zonnex, 03 February 2014 - 05:16 PM.

Use the fully modded dune buggy.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Failin to see how it ddiffers from any other class tho... All classes have 1 or two vehicles that walk over the rest of the choices eg entity/adder elegy/feltzer exemplar/f620

Whatever class your in theres the exact same thing happening,

As for races bein borin w the same vehicle imo it actually makes it more interestin as the differntiation is the driver, not the car meaning its more challengin than just "I have the fastest car" so ill respectfully disagree with you.

I see your point but its not like offroad is the only class this happens in so I cant understand why you single out the bifta over any other "overpowered" car

What would be borin is if all cars had the same performance, makin the choice of vehicle purley aesthetic and completely redundant

Obv its a matter of opinion
  • Magick likes this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

How about relegating the Sanchez to motorcycles since there are several on/off road cycle races, and more importantly, the reorganization of the Off-Road, SUV and "Van" classes to better match equal performing vehicles.

The Bifta and the other small high performance cars should be relegated to "Offroad" (Dune Buggy, BF Injection, whatever else I can't think of)

while the Sandking and Mesa should be in a new class with the SUVs and pickups, as I see it. The Bison and Sadler could be dropped into this new class as well, the van classification is ridiculous.

Wish we would see a lift kit added for appropriate vehicles as a customization option, and larger tires to match, why must the Sandking/Mesa stand alone in that area?

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

If it really is annoying you so much then dont do off road races or learn to race against the Bifta and try to exploit its weaknesses. There is also going to be a few cars that feel unbalanced compared to the rest in a certain class, you just have to learn to get along with it unfortunatley.

inafter just don't race. :(

Use the fully modded dune buggy.

I do, when custom vehicles are on. Most of the time it's a lower level that's hosting and he turns them off since I'm a level 211 and he suspects that I have all the best cars, which I don't.

The glory of Kraff guides me to victory whenever he can.

0_0.jpg

Failin to see how it ddiffers from any other class tho... All classes have 1 or two vehicles that walk over the rest of the choices eg entity/adder elegy/feltzer exemplar/f620

Whatever class your in theres the exact same thing happening,

As for races bein borin w the same vehicle imo it actually makes it more interestin as the differntiation is the driver, not the car meaning its more challengin than just "I have the fastest car" so ill respectfully disagree with you.

I see your point but its not like offroad is the only class this happens in so I cant understand why you single out the bifta over any other "overpowered" car

What would be borin is if all cars had the same performance, makin the choice of vehicle purley aesthetic and completely redundant

Obv its a matter of opinion

Well, in the coupe, compact, sports, and sedan classes I see many different choices. Also, I've never said that it's OP, just that it's unbalanced compared to the rest of the vehicles in the class.

Also your "what would be borin" scenario is exactly what I experienced in the off-road races I took part in. Everyone was using the Bifta. I described in the OP how that before the Bifta every vehicle had their own strengths and weaknesses.  

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

The Sanchez is so much better than the Bifta it's not even funny. If a Sanchez rider gets seeded at the front of the starting grid he just wins because no one will catch up with him. The Bifta is not as fast and much, much harder to control. Unmodified the Dune Buggy is almost exactly as fast as the Bifta.

• HBSanta likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Well what else can you do? Like I said try to exploit it weaknesses, meaning do that with a vehicle that you feel comfortable with but other than that I dont really know what else to say.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

I was doing a race using a bifta and my Step son was using a sanchez, part of the course ran under the pier. I got stuck every lap and he just sailed right through...

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Well what else can you do? Like I said try to exploit it weaknesses, meaning do that with a vehicle that you feel comfortable with but other than that I dont really know what else to say.

Well, you could express your opinion on the Bifta, which is what this thread is meant to do, instead of throwing out the mindless "if you don't like it don't play" response.

I was doing a race using a bifta and my Step son was using a sanchez, part of the course ran under the pier. I got stuck every lap and he just sailed right through...

Well, of course in situations like that the Sanchez is far superior, here I'm just referring to the vehicle's base performance.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Well, you could express your opinion on the Bifta, which is what this thread is meant to do, instead of throwing out the mindless "if you don't like it don't play" response.

My opinion on the Bifta is if you like it use it. I for one dont care what vehicle people use even if it is a little overpowered for the class as at the end of the day GTAO is just a game and for me its more about enjoyment than competition.

Then again im not the one that felt the need to create a topic to complain because you find it hard to win races.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:35 PM Edited by Lucius Aelius, 03 February 2014 - 05:37 PM.

Wow, so many Bifta haters, the people pissed off at how good it is I understand but I can't imagine how anyone would doubt its superiority in races, I've lost against a Sanchez in my Bifta once, maybe twice, and that only because I crashed. Every other time I've raced against a Sanchez in my Bifta I always finished ahead of the Sanchez, even the times I didn't win first (and I've won disproportionately large numbers of off-road races thanks to the Bifta compared to wins in other categories, all too often people pick other vehicles and I just laugh all the way completely uncontested to the finish line).

I would agree with the OP except that I'm okay with everyone using a Bifta, and I'm also okay with people losing if they're foolish enough not to have one fully modded and ready to go every time they off-road race like I do (I have one in both of my garages). I wouldn't like having one vehicle dominate normally and I think maybe they should buff the Dune Buggy and others even to compensate, but the Bifta happens to be something I like enough that I really just don't have a problem with it.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by Sugar Free Nos, 03 February 2014 - 05:38 PM.

My opinion on the Bifta is if you like it use it. I for one dont care what vehicle people use even if it is a little overpowered for the class as at the end of the day GTAO is just a game and for me its more about enjoyment than competition.

Then again im not the one that felt the need to create a topic to complain because you find it hard to win races.

I find it funny that you assume I find it hard to win races. I just simply said that because of these things that I have noticed, the Bifta is a very, very popular choice in off-road races, which in my opinion takes the fun out of it. I actually won 4 out of the 6 races that I did. 

Also, to above, this is more a discussion about races with custom vehicles off. Of course it's my fault if I don't come prepared.  

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Every class has one vehicle that's better than all the others. That's why my garage is full of vehicles I don't particularly like all that much. If you weren't complaining about the bifta, it'd be some other vehicle ultimately.

In fact why not, here's a list.

Adder

Carbonizaire

Oracle

Bifta

Akuma

Blista

Baller

Z-Type

Super Diamond

Gauntlet.

There's your fastest cars for each class.

• saintsrow likes this

mwp3170
  • mwp3170

30+ years of video gaming

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by mwp3170, 03 February 2014 - 05:51 PM.

A fully loaded Injection (max upgrades in Turbo, Engine, Brakes, Transmission) is statistically equal to a Bifta with the same upgrades. The Bifta's slight advantage is in an untracked vehicle attribute involving its lower center of gravity/cornering ability, but even that can be countered with an Injection that has been lowered in Suspension.

Most of the races I created for me and my crew are off-road and the usual winning vehicle is split down the middle between Biftas and Injections.

Personally I prefer the Injection for everything. It is superior to the Bifta in terms of being a battle-ready vehicle. It has a higher profile for taking cover behind, a better roof for protecting against helicopter attacks, and its higher suspension than the Bifta enables it to roll over terrain, obstacles and cars with ease (where the Bifta can get lodged)

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

I don't think anyone is arguing that other vehicles are better overall but when it comes to racing there's only the bifta. I bet I could race against your injection and with catchup off I'd be surprised to see you win anything assuming a perfect run with the bifta.

PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

I use a Kalahari, winning races in the less appreciated vehicles is so satysfying.

I had a Bifta once, but I found it kinda hard to control on bumpy terrain.

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

Every class has one vehicle that's better than all the others. That's why my garage is full of vehicles I don't particularly like all that much. If you weren't complaining about the bifta, it'd be some other vehicle ultimately.

Adder

Carbonizaire

Oracle

Bifta

Akuma

Blista

Baller

Z-Type

Super Diamond

Gauntlet.

But all of those vehicles have some vehicles that can counter them.

Entity

Coquette, Comet, Surano

Exemplar, F620

Bati 801

Issi

Dubsta, Granger

Monroe, Stinger, Stinger GT

Schafter, Tailgater

Dominator, Sabre, Phoenix.

But this isn't just a discussion of the vehicle's power, it's one of the ridiculous frequency of the Bifta as a vehicle choice.  

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

It's very hard to handle. In fact I think that's the main reason people don't use it and only real men that can handle their vehicles drive it.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

I find it funny that you assume I find it hard to win races. I just simply said that because of these things that I have noticed, the Bifta is a very, very popular choice in off-road races, which in my opinion takes the fun out of it. I actually won 4 out of the 6 races that I did. 

Also, to above, this is more a discussion about races with custom vehicles off. Of course it's my fault if I don't come prepared.  

So what is the point then? If you can beat Biftas easily then why are you wondering why people use them? I'll tell you why, because people like to drive it and it suits their style of driving, just like why people choose certain cars in each class because they prefer that vehicle over the rest in the vehicle class.

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

i use the bifta to go climbing mountains and such cause its a little beast. when I use it in races its kind of a love/hate thing, love how fast and nimble it is, but one little bump seems to send it spinning out of control super easily. but do i wish it was not online, absolutely not, its a great little vehicle

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by Kracus, 03 February 2014 - 05:50 PM.

Adder

Carbonizaire

Oracle

Bifta

Akuma

Blista

Baller

Z-Type

Super Diamond

Gauntlet.

But all of those vehicles have some vehicles that can counter them.

Entity

Coquette, Comet, Surano

Exemplar, F620

Bati 801

Issi

Dubsta, Granger

Monroe, Stinger, Stinger GT

Schafter, Tailgater

Dominator, Sabre, Phoenix.

But this isn't just a discussion of the vehicle's power, it's one of the ridiculous frequency of the Bifta as a vehicle choice.  

You've just answered your own question then.

However, I think you're incorrect in your assessment. I've raced a lot, I have 1300 races under my belt and I can certainly say that without catchup, the vehicles I listed will destroy the ones you listed on most race tracks. The only exception would be highly tight and technical tracks but these have to be REALLY technical and I'd say account for roughly 5% of races. The entity and the tailgater can beat an adder and super diamond respectively on very tight tracks if driven by a competent individual.

Ultimately it comes down to lap times and those cars can't keep up in that respect.

edit: I also see you said Comet... just wait a second while I laugh my ass off....

ok I'm done.

no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users