You can beat Gang Attacks without firing a single bullet

33 replies to this topic
Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Yes it's possible. 

I was in sunny Los Santos yesterday (not watching the Superbowl), and I was at the Mile High building in passive mode standing on a pile of building materials. This griefer in his stolen Merryweather Mesa starts honking at me, shooting at me with a pistol, but all in all, just being a bored free roamer, somewhat harmless once you know how to use passive mode.

So I start walking into the middle of the building in passive, and the guy is following me, not noticing or not caring that the "gang attack" red circle has appeared. I walk right into the middle of the circle, then I run for cover behind a column, instantly 15 gang bangers show up and start firing and taking position. The griefer behind me gets picked off, and he's dead. Now I'm in passive (or so I thought, more on that later), and I can't pull out a weapon. So I'm not sure what to do, except what I would do in real life, call 911. So I call emergency services and ask for police. In about 10 seconds, a black and white with 2 of Los Santos finest pulls up, and with guns drawn they are having a raging fire fight with the 15 gang bangers. The griefer comes back, and he's in the mix. It's an all out fire fight, and I'm still ducking behind a column watching it all. Gang banger falls down, griefer gets shot, another police car shows up, it's getting heavy.

Finally, it's down to the last gang banger, and he gets put out of his misery by the original griefer. Suddenly the gang attack success screens pops up. I got 600 RP. Afterwards, I went to the some of the corpses, and picked up about $1500 in cash, some of them were good for $500 alone. All of this for just watching the show. 

So I'm about to walk out, and then the griefer decides to pot shot me by trying to punch me, and surprisingly the punch lands. I guess the gang attack must have put me out of passive mode the whole time anyway, so I engage in a fist fight with the griefer and he knocks me out after I get a few hits in. I immediately go back into passive mode.

• MC., saintsrow, Gutslab and 13 others like this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:52 PM Edited by Kracus, 03 February 2014 - 04:53 PM.

Yeah that's pretty common. If I see people in a gang fight I'll sometimes land my chopper in the red zone. I instantly get RP once they kill everyone.

edit: I like the whole calling the cops thing though, that's pretty funny.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Nice technique abd a cool use of 911, truely passive/aggressive lol
  • RogueStatus, 8up local and RandallFlagg00 like this

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Yeah that's pretty common. If I see people in a gang fight I'll sometimes land my chopper in the red zone. I instantly get RP once they kill everyone.

edit: I like the whole calling the cops thing though, that's pretty funny.

The 911 emergency services is completely under utilized in the game IMO.

Sometimes I'll troll LSC in Vinewood with it. Guys are always there popping off bullets at people trying to fix their cars, or people will be riding up in stolen ballers. I usually climb the ladder next to LSC and get on the roof constantly spamming 911 for police. The fire fights I've started between car boosters and police have given me more entertainment than any of the missions lately.

• saintsrow, blowtorchrepair, TimmyM56 and 4 others like this

Mustard Tigers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

I had something similar happen, but minus the griefer. I started a gang attack at the construction site near Simeons. When I shot one of the mob guys I also shot a NPC. I got 2 starts and the cops show up so I hide. The cops proceeded to killed all the remaining mob guys.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

Calling merryweather for backup might do the job as well..

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

LSPD's raging trigger happy nutjobs actually doing good for the players. Now I've heard everything.

• RogueStatus and Governator like this

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

Thanks for the tip of using the police more often... This will do nicely.

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Wonder if that would work in survival mode? Probably not since youre in an actual mission and not just a sort of side job like gang attacks.

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

I actually used "Police Backup" in GTA IV's police computer, but that wasn't available online....

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Thanks for the tip of using the police more often... This will do nicely.

It's good for flaring up big shoot outs that's for sure. The LSPD is super aggressive, I've seen things escalate out of control on numerous occasions. 

Not sure if this is considered "griefing" even if all I'm doing is calling 911.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

The police will fight Merryweather mercs for you too.
  • redfirebird87 likes this

ThaUglyCupcake
  • ThaUglyCupcake

Hooligan

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

tha 500$ is most likely not from tha kills but from tha supply boxes that most people seem to not know about

gang fight supply box...normally 500$ and a bunch of ammo and you can keep tha guns if you level is up to have them...as in you don't gotta waste money buying them...yes as in after you log out for whatever amount fo times and back in for you next game play time

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:30 PM Edited by 8up local, 03 February 2014 - 08:33 PM.

hmm.. dial 911, now i have to go try this out for sure, but not with the gang attacks or RP stuff though. kinda makes doing them pointless IMO. 

thanks for posting Xeloj.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Good tip, I totally under utilize the 911 calls.

You can usually get around $2000 from gang attacks. There is money in crates and after you kill all the gangsters, 2 or 3 stacks of $500 cash will spawn around the gang attack area. Its still not a whole lot but not bad for couple of minutes.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

please correct me if I'm wrong, but, is it not that free roam players are immune to pvp during gang attacks as well? I believe this to be the case, and if so, I'm wondering if just hanging around in the circle w/o triggering the attack would do the same.

NomadRider
  • NomadRider

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

I drove through the red circle last night at S.S. airstrip and hit it at the right time to get the RP for completing the attack. Normally I would avoid an active gang war unless I initiated it,

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

please correct me if I'm wrong, but, is it not that free roam players are immune to pvp during gang attacks as well? I believe this to be the case, and if so, I'm wondering if just hanging around in the circle w/o triggering the attack would do the same.

not totally sure on that, but i have accidentally ran over players in a gang attack and killed them when i was running from the cops before.

• Wbrazier2001 likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

not totally sure on that, but i have accidentally ran over players in a gang attack and killed them when i was running from the cops before.

I believe hit and runs work in all cases. It's the bullets that get nerfed afaik

KGBz5150
  • KGBz5150

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for posting this!

I didn't know you could call 911. I just tried that online, yanked a guy out of his car, let him get mad and pull me out to start a fight - so I climbed on the roof of the car and called 911.

Cops show up, and angry motorist swings at me and the police immediately go guns hot. He bolts for the car door to take off but gets cut down by the police. Pedestrians in the area are hit with the stray bullets, and some start pulling their own guns on the police - it turns into a madhouse of gun play. As I'm standing on the car, chuckling about it all, the paramedics show up to pronounce dead the first guy the police killed.

While stooped over the body, one of the paramedics gets run over by some annoying lady in a Baller. He survived however and gets up, both medics pull her out of the car and proceed to road rage beat down. Afterward the wounded medic limped back to the ambulance with his partner and drove off.

Man, that was hilarious, thanks for the tip - never knew you could cause such mayhem with one little phone call...

• saintsrow, beat_savy_9, Fahy13 and 1 other like this

lordlucan
  • lordlucan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

Please forgive me for asking but how do you call 911?

I have looked all over my phone and cant seem to find a number pad?

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

On Xbox 360, just press "x" I believe for the num pad. Then dial 911. Once you do it the first time, you won't ever have to do it again because "Emergency Services" becomes part of your contacts.

Makes me wonder if there are other "secret" numbers to be dialed in...

• lordlucan and 8up local like this

lordlucan
  • lordlucan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

On Xbox 360, just press "x" I believe for the num pad. Then dial 911. Once you do it the first time, you won't ever have to do it again because "Emergency Services" becomes part of your contacts.

Thank you very much for your reply, however, I use PS3. Anybody know what to press on PS3?

Thank you for your consideration.

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Calling the police is actually helpful in some cases. I like to call them when I'm being chased so when I get to my apt the enemy is practically met by police. Their gunfire draws the attention.
  • BaM BooZeLLed likes this

Reemer
  • Reemer

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

Thank you very much for your reply, however, I use PS3. Anybody know what to press on PS3?

Thank you for your consideration.

What I did was, hit x on contacts and then hit square, put in 911 and then hit square to call them. 

• lordlucan likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

what would happen if you initiated a gang attack then initiated passion mode, would you be invincibile?

I'll get the cops on my side.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Life in the Big City

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

what would happen if you initiated a gang attack then initiated passion mode, would you be invincibile?

I'll get the cops on my side.

I'm gonna try that.  I want passion mode.  :colgate:

• sadpandamakeup likes this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:39 AM

Best usage of Emergency Services EVER! I HAVE to try this now...

• RogueStatus likes this

Deviation_NI
  • Deviation_NI

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

If you're in a gang attack you can't shoot playet or be shot by players till its over or you leave the area. I have no idea why you couldnt pull a gun tho, nice use of 911 :)

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

Haha, I will try this later.

I did call 911 on this stupid kid who was dumping all of his bullets/explosives into me when I was in Passive. He ended up getting in a huge chase. Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users