Team Roles in Heists

80 replies to this topic
Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Sounds like a crew only thing.  That's discrimination against loners.

You can join us ;)

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

How could this possibly be a competition with string names like those? I wouldn't think the hackers would be working against the gunmen against the drivers and pilots.

As for the negativity, there have been a few disappointments and it's easy to feel pessimistic about the whole hiests release and to expect the worst. I hope for the best but well... I wouldn't be shocked if it was bad.

In my perspective, I thought that there would be 2 teams of robbers trying to steal some place at the same time and confronting each other

but who knows

Two Teams of Teams? It would totally suck. Like an Indoor Deathmatch with explosives.

As one said before, expect Cooperative Heists before Versus Heists.

Quitting when Heists are just competitive sounds good :p
It wouldn't ruin the game, but the heists would just suck.
Then we would look for passive teams. One team does the heist, the other team remains passive, so it will be like we want it.

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Crew Founder

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:34 AM Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R, 04 February 2014 - 11:35 AM.

Hopefully it will all be crew orientated!. And the leader or host decides on roles and how much they want to pay for each persons skills. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hopefully it will all be crew orientated!. And the leader or host decides on roles and how much they want to pay for each persons skills.

Why limit it in any way? Many players crews have become inactive or are one of those massive 200,000k+ player crews people join just for the rp boost (I assume) and nobody really knows anybody else. I would think crews who play together are already going to have a tremendous advantage.

If payouts become player determinable I would hope the participants can see the amount and decide to not participate. Otherwise I imagine a lot of people are going to get schafted.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

The crew I'm in kinda is inactive, since the leader's out.

My other crews are either Rockstar-created, or so out of my timezone I practically never play with them.

Super.

Anyway, if anybody needs a getaway driver that has "good stats" (think SP crewmen stats) with small pay, I'm your man.

Seriously, if you add me and play with me, I'm already happy with that. So rare to find nice peeps. Rarer than Karin Snipe.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:12 AM Edited by ells144, 05 February 2014 - 02:15 AM.

R* can make big changes to the way heists work before there release. This is legit info and I have checked [email protected] its seems there are minor changes to come in terms of the layout of the menu. the file I found was the menu file which was updated only a couple of days ago although I cant see it the order of the code makes it slightly different.

The actual content on the disc will be the same just the hotfix will change it, also the updated file has not yet been released as hot fix so can not be accessed on a non hacked Xbox.
  • Ethereal_NYC likes this

SuperSlimek
  • SuperSlimek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

I think each team is maximum 1 player, except the gunmans...so, like 2 gunmans, 1 driver, 1 pilot, 1 hacker etc.

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

The crew I'm in kinda is inactive, since the leader's out.

My other crews are either Rockstar-created, or so out of my timezone I practically never play with them.

Super.

Anyway, if anybody needs a getaway driver that has "good stats" (think SP crewmen stats) with small pay, I'm your man.

Seriously, if you add me and play with me, I'm already happy with that. So rare to find nice peeps. Rarer than Karin Snipe.

Join us ;)

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

This leaked info is being mis-construed.  I would bet any amount of money that what we are seeing is all of the different roles you can choose from, depending on what type of match you are creating.  I don't for one second think that all of those roles are for ONE HEIST.  I think those roles are all of the different roles available, each one depending on what type of match you are creating.  I'm guessing runners and attacker/defenders is more a role for making a capture the flag style pvp match.  The hackers, gunmen, drivers are for the heist style matches pvp and co-op both.  

This video on this leak just assumes these roles are all for the heist DLC....I think it goes farther than that.  I think these roles are all of the different roles you can choose from in the content/mission creator when it goes live.  I could see making a match where you have 2 forts and an item in each fort that the enemy has to steal and return to their base with.  You would have attackers/ defenders/ and runners.  Just a thought, but for these roles to all be for one heist mission isn't reasonable and Rockstar knows that

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

Still I don't get where the players read the word Versus-Heist.
Only because there are 4 Teams? There is more than one cooperative mission that has two teams. (There are two)
- Last Heli out of LS
- Parkhouse Mission from Lester
Playing against each other in the glitched DM is only natural: It's glitched and a deathmatch!

I read it again. Where is the "versus"?

Doesn't sound like "Versus".

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

Hacker team?! INB4ANNOYINGMINIGAMES

• Dap300 and ShinobiFixer like this

ghostrideronthel
  • ghostrideronthel

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

Need a driver? I'm for hire on PS3.

I can prove myself if needed. I only request one thing. We do it in MY car.

Add me: ghostrideronthel

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Joining you dudes.

Anyway, I finally can read the original post. In mobile it's a huge chunk of a white block. Totally unreadable, dude. I can easily do Transporter, Hacker, Runner, Pilot and Driver. I can adapt easily to almost any vehicle, and I haven't failed my team yet in hacking the keypad in Rich Men in Richman, or cracking the safe in Dry Docking. Puzzle games are my forte when I don't play console games. (Google "Electric Box 2", peeps.)

If you need me to hold a gun, best I could do is Sniper and Lookout. I'm not good in a direct gunfight, but I can do well from afar. That's why in Flood in the LS River, I'm the guy who is up the train tracks instead of down there blasting everyone directly.

• ShinobiFixer likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

I really hope I can solo the heists in solo sessions, I hate playing with random idiots who run-n-gun and blow everything up.  Using slow ass tanks to getaway.  I'd rather work on my own with an NPC crew.

• Dap300 and Juanfartez like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

I really hope I can solo the heists in solo sessions, I hate playing with random idiots who run-n-gun and blow everything up.  Using slow ass tanks to getaway.  I'd rather work on my own with an NPC crew.

You can totally hire me for only 3%. That's lower than what Rickie Luckens charges, and I didn't manage to get a virus on my computer yet.

All I ask is one hole of golf, though. Gotta practice that Tiger Woods skill.

• ShinobiFixer and EpicnessInABox like this

Dap300
  • Dap300

GTA III, VC

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:15 PM Edited by Dap300, 06 February 2014 - 10:18 PM.

What about the loners?  I am not going to raid a bank with a team of randoms..  see the possibility that we end the heist and one kills all and gets all the money..

I hope there are NPCs you can hire or even solo a small bank

• ShinobiFixer likes this

Watch Tower
  • Watch Tower

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

I say us loners get together and pull heists. 

• Dap300 and ShinobiFixer like this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

The only way R* can save the Heists is to make it possible to SOLO them.  I hate other players, honestly I hate working with randoms.

• Dap300 and Juanfartez like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:08 AM

I like randoms. I am lonely, but I sure as hell don't like being lonely. That's double sad in a multiplayer game for me.
Plus most of my friends list is just randoms. Cool peeps.
  • Ethereal_NYC and Dap300 like this

swooshboy
  • swooshboy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:07 AM

The only way R* can save the Heists is to make it possible to SOLO them.  I hate other players, honestly I hate working with randoms.

I thinks that's the worst thing they could do.

The idea of heists should be based on teamwork - you shouldn't be able to solo them like you can missions. They need to be a genuine challenge that requires coordination and teamwork.

If you want to solo things - then do solo missions or survival.

• Tabula Rasa likes this

Nameless_0ne
  • Nameless_0ne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

I like randoms. I am lonely, but I sure as hell don't like being lonely. That's double sad in a multiplayer game for me.
Plus most of my friends list is just randoms. Cool peeps.

I'm in the same boat I don't use a mic for a personal reason so getting in a crew is a pain in the ass, so I just play by myself

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users