Photo

Team Roles in Heists

80 replies to this topic
funmw2
  • funmw2

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:34 PM Edited by funmw2, 03 February 2014 - 04:57 PM.

Hey ..

Big thanks to ecb2 for strings .
a while ago i've posted info about heists .

"Get a team together and break into the vault of Vinewood's Maze Bank and steal the gold held there. You'll need a hacker, a couple of crack shots and your best getaway driver. You'll also need to get some wheels which can outrun the cops."

player roles ( driver , hacker , gunman ) will work same as Top fun mission ( hunters vs runners )

Strings : 

Found string: TEAM 1
Found string: TEAM 2
Found string: TEAM 3
Found string: TEAM 4
Found string: Transporters
Found string: Snipers
Found string: Lookouts
Found string: Defenders
Found string: Attackers
Found string: Hackers
Found string: Demolition
Found string: Runner
Found string: Gunmen
Found string: Bodyguards
Found string: Pilots
Found string: Drivers

Mission Creator :

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

and it's for teams ! 

team 1 = gunmans

team 2 = hackers

team 3 = drivers

team 4 = pliots or bodyguards .

and it can be co-op only by setting max teams to 1 or set roles to default.

will we have versus heists and co-op heists ? possible .

- - - -

Found string: SAFE_CRACK
Found string: mini@safe_cracking
Found string: MPSafeCracking
Found string: SAFE_CRACK_SOUNDSET
Found string: SAFE_DOOR_OPEN
Found string: SAFE_DOOR_CLOSE
  • pokemon4ever, EyeMacHunt, LeAristocrat and 5 others like this

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

WTF? I'm guessing R* is going to have us all split the take between multiple teams. $500 per cut.

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Dam hackers can release heist b4 R* ... I'm starting to think it might not be all that it's cracked up to be...!
  • thekillerdonuts likes this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

translation : heists are going to suck.

• tom_p1980, deathdealer, GRINCH ASS BITCH and 3 others like this

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

I can believe that.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

How can you even come to that conclusion when we dont know anything about the mode and how it is going to play out?

• A J, spaz926, EyeMacHunt and 6 others like this

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

Well, before everyone jumps on R*'s BAWSAQ, this may be how R* is introducing classes in to the game and why they are taking so long to release the heists. IF that's the case, creating a leveling system for each skill and balancing it out plus making it work with the various heists they have made would be a daunting task. I personally think a class or skill role for each character that the player has to develope would greatly improve this games depth.

I'm likely expecting too much from R*, though.

• deathdealer, blakeney, ShinobiFixer and 2 others like this

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Teams. in other words 16 players needed. Enjoy spending more on ammo than you will get back. Every asshat will just be running in shooting and blowing up sh*t. Nice try R* but in the real world it will never work.

• jessyaudrina likes this

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Getaway driver? So all those threads about 4 door cars just might've been right.

Are there anymore descriptions found for heists? I'm still hoping for smaller ones that could be soloed (maybe with all those Fleeca banks).

• ShinobiFixer likes this

Mac4167
  • Mac4167

Carolina Born and Bread

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

I could care less about heist. I just want some new missions, clothes, cars, weapons and safe houses.

We all know there will be severe limitations on payouts and RP with heist. More than likely it will be along the same lines of what we currently have.

I feel sorry for those who are putting all their expectations on heist... You will be disappointed.
  • DeathByGenocide likes this

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

Heistdelayer

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Teams..

f*ck. f*ck.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

If this information is true, then it ties in with what I've been thinking for a while:  maybe the planning board is going to be a kind of heist creator (except with a defined goal)?

Also, it seems like it'll be the literal return of Cops 'n' Crooks (even though there are a couple of missions in Online already that are kind of similar (Crooked Cop, Welcoming Party and Escape from LS)).

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Teams. in other words 16 players needed. Enjoy spending more on ammo than you will get back. Every asshat will just be running in shooting and blowing up sh*t. Nice try R* but in the real world it will never work.

It is not even released and you already cry about it. Couldn't you just wait for it?

Well, before everyone jumps on R*'s BAWSAQ, this may be how R* is introducing classes in to the game and why they are taking so long to release the heists. IF that's the case, creating a leveling system for each skill and balancing it out plus making it work with the various heists they have made would be a daunting task. I personally think a class or skill role for each character that the player has to develope would greatly improve this games depth.

I'm likely expecting too much from R*, though.

I hoped for specializations for the start. I totally agree
  • blakeney likes this

BMW1992
  • BMW1992

GTAForums member since Jan 2005

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:20 PM Edited by BMW1992, 03 February 2014 - 06:25 PM.

Awesome job OP and all the hackers.  :^:

This show us that the community is releasing news that Cockstar is refusing to give us early.

So I guess they'll release it this year  :rol:

• tom_p1980, RAS_ZeroZ and jessyaudrina like this

Watch Tower
  • Watch Tower

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

I wonder how difficult it will be to find enough like-minded people to successfully complete a heist. Large or small scale, it's hard to deny that there has been a player exodus due to problems and lack of updates (no matter who is responsible for those problems). I myself like planning and efficiency, but most players I encounter in either free roam or random match pairing are the run and gun, blow-everything-up types. Not to say one is better than the other, just that it is not my preferred style of playing.

• ShinobiFixer and jessyaudrina like this

hungpaul22
  • hungpaul22

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

For those who are wondering how this will all work, play the online mission Parking Garage by Lester. If memory serves me, you can choose between the team of 'Snipers' and 'Shooters' or something like that, and each team has their own objective to go to(the snipers are told to climb up a ladder to the top of a building, the shooters are told to go up to the top of the parking garage and grab the package.) This is how I think heists are going to be played.

• Pyrrhus and deathdealer like this

mfoster09
  • mfoster09

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:50 PM Edited by mfoster09, 03 February 2014 - 07:50 PM.

Only time I'll need other players for these jobs, is when I'm hacking/cracking, to keep the pigs at bay. I do believe I can handle the rest.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Need a driver? I'm for hire on PS3.

I can prove myself if needed. I only request one thing. We do it in MY car.
  • ShinobiFixer likes this

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

I might be getting this totally wrong so please correct me, but my reading of this is - someone hosts the heist. You get assigned different roles in the team (probably by the host) - getaway driver, pilot, hacker, sniper etc - and when the heist starts you're all given different mission assignments, all of which must be completed (probably within a time frame, maybe even synchronously in the more difficult heists) for you to pull the heist off successfully.

If this is the case, it seems to me being a member of a crew and having decent communication will be vital. No teaming with unreliable randoms.

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Sorry, I didn't see it..

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

4 v 4? thats sucks... 8 v 8 would of been better.

NombreDeLaBeast
  • NombreDeLaBeast

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

I might be getting this totally wrong so please correct me, but my reading of this is - someone hosts the heist. You get assigned different roles in the team (probably by the host) - getaway driver, pilot, hacker, sniper etc - and when the heist starts you're all given different mission assignments, all of which must be completed (probably within a time frame, maybe even synchronously in the more difficult heists) for you to pull the heist off successfully.

If this is the case, it seems to me being a member of a crew and having decent communication will be vital. No teaming with unreliable randoms.

That is how it usually is when doing big events in video games. In WoW (unless people use the new looking for raid tool) People would have to schedule in advance when and who would do what roles in a raid. Yeah I know it is probably not going to be that demanding (if the current missions are any indicator) but the general idea is the same. Want to do the higher tier stuff? then get a good group and farm the sh*t out of it...though R* hates farming i guess.

• Narratorjuan likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:07 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 03 February 2014 - 08:07 PM.

ah cool at least they will give different players different objectives

otherwise it would be just like the missions with every1 running for the same objective like a bunch of maniacs

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

I've come to realise I'm a very good driver but an absolutely terrible hacker. And I mean sh*t!

jessyaudrina
  • jessyaudrina

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Be prepared for the biggest troll fest. Chances are high when you play with 4 randoms that one of these screw the heist up. But when you play with >8 players and you have to play against other teams, I expect that everyone will just pull out his tank.  I've seen it a few times in versus mode with 10-16 players where you only have to save a banker or get the briefcase everyone calls pegasus to start the armageddon.

Mark my words.

• psilocybonaut likes this

Zehealingman
  • Zehealingman

Sometimes I dream about cheese.

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

I have nothing against VS heists, as long as there are normal 4-6 player heists aswell.

• xxBAshaggyxx likes this

xxBAshaggyxx
  • xxBAshaggyxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

I have nothing against VS heists, as long as there are normal 4-6 player heists aswell.

Yeah i would like a 4-6 player heists and VS heists could be fun.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

I have zero faith in heists.

MsWolfe
  • MsWolfe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of Duty

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

If it's 4 teams with 4 different objectives all to benefit the heist. 

I can dig it.

• DeathByGenocide likes this

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I already have got my team.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Sounds like a crew only thing.  That's discrimination against loners.

• robban, LeAristocrat, sSphInXx and 4 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users