big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

coveted.jpg

heres my map lol

basically, kill the first guy beside the granger

then the 2 guys at the bikes, youll need to move a lil closer to see them, you can just blow up a bike with 2 heavy sniper shots to kill them

then kill the 4 guys at the far bottom of the hill

drive down with the granger to marked location, get out, and take cover behind it

wait for chopper

kill pilot, get in, and LET YOUR GUY CLOSE THE DOOR as the glass is bullet proof

then just finish the mission

• SAUL_SILVER and RebelWithoutAPause like this

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

See that's what I'm thinking, the lvl 90-120 should breeze by with the heavy sniper if you can blow up vehicles..  It's almost like they're all positioned so that you can just fire some rounds and take out the groups en masse..

But I see how your plan works.. I'll give it a bash and see how it compares RP wise.. like I say, it's RP I'm after more than anything...

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

oh, also play it on hard as theres like no difference and it actually feels easier lol

and free aim too if you already aren't on that mode

• RogueStatus likes this

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

oh, also play it on hard as theres like no difference and it actually feels easier lol

Hmmmm that is a very good point.. how much is the RP gain for free aim then?

I mean, the whole mission can basically be sniper rifled, so it's effectively free aim..

I could be losing out here!

Thanks.

(oh and I obviously play these things on hard anyway, I mean what's the point in not??)

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

the rp gain is about 25%

plus the hard mode setting = 75% extra RP

also, if done with a crew member, i think it'll be double RP

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

the rp gain is about 25%

plus the hard mode setting = 75% extra RP

also, if done with a crew member, i think it'll be double RP

Hmmm.. ok, this is all sounding even better..

I'm going to get onto this tonight and see what I can get in terms of maximum return..

WarnerKiller
  • WarnerKiller

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

I tried this last night, but it's no good if you're in the game with other players. The two I was with firstly crashed the cargobob and destroyed the container (the guy was useless at flying) then after me getting the cargobob on the second attempt and passing the mission, they both hit continue instead of restart.

How do you start Coveted by yourself?

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Obviously I want butter.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:38 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 05 February 2014 - 10:46 AM.

Maximize that rp 

That cargobob door will swing shut 9 times out of ten...and even if its swinging they won't have a clear shot..the forward momentum of your approach on the container will close and lock it.

If you are focused on the summative payout though and not kill counts; be aware that there's little reason to bother with the left side of that lz (the two enemies by the bikes)..they will not move an inch and approaching their side opens you up for more fire.  Having an suv around for cover is useful because it shortens the running distance between you and the landing cargobob.

note: I doubt you have any issues with grabbing the container at this point, dipping the hook so it drags across the hook zone; too late on the dip and you'll pass over it..too early and you risk dragging the chain across without hooking, since the hook likes to be vertical.

I believe you receive a ten percent rp bonus just for being In a crew; I could be wrong about this but I don't remember noticing any benefits from grouping up.

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:39 AM Edited by Jobbo, 05 February 2014 - 10:40 AM.

Are you doing Coveted alone?  I was doing it with crew last night, 3 or 4 of us most of the evening, which meant that any of us could answer the phone, have dinner etc and still earn money just by being in the session.  However, the main benefit to doing it with crew is that you can avoid the need to fly to Madrazo's lock-up so long as two people are in the Granger to trigger the cargobob.  Doesn't matter what you do after that, but the mission is complete if the container is dropped into the water, even partly (I didn't try pushing it into the sea with a Granger).

Because it's so much slower on your own with the final flight, and the fact that you get less RP without crew, I have decided only to grind Coveted in company with others.  Crystal Clearout III is far better for RP, and very quick so long as you have a buzzard.  In free aim and on hard, you get well over 3000RP on your own.  Ok, it only pays $7k not $12k, but the net profit each time is guaranteed to be $6,800 and it's practically impossible to fail.  Coveted we managed to fail a couple of times last night and I spent a lot more than $200 per attempt on ammo and armour.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Obviously I want butter.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Are you doing Coveted alone?  I was doing it with crew last night, 3 or 4 of us most of the evening, which meant that any of us could answer the phone, have dinner etc and still earn money just by being in the session.  However, the main benefit to doing it with crew is that you can avoid the need to fly to Madrazo's lock-up so long as two people are in the Granger to trigger the cargobob.  Doesn't matter what you do after that, but the mission is complete if the container is dropped into the water, even partly (I didn't try pushing it into the sea with a Granger).

Because it's so much slower on your own with the final flight, and the fact that you get less RP without crew, I have decided only to grind Coveted in company with others.  Crystal Clearout III is far better for RP, and very quick so long as you have a buzzard.  In free aim and on hard, you get well over 3000RP on your own.  Ok, it only pays $7k not $12k, but the net profit each time is guaranteed to be $6,800 and it's practically impossible to fail.  Coveted we managed to fail a couple of times last night and I spent a lot more than $200 per attempt on ammo and armour.

I think some of this has been covered in earlier posts but further clarification doesn't hurt,  CCO3 is better for rep though yes.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

I tried this last night, but it's no good if you're in the game with other players. The two I was with firstly crashed the cargobob and destroyed the container (the guy was useless at flying) then after me getting the cargobob on the second attempt and passing the mission, they both hit continue instead of restart.

How do you start Coveted by yourself?

Comes down to who you're with :/

Online > Jobs > Host > R* Created > Missions > Coveted.

• Tabula Rasa and WarnerKiller like this

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Bit of a 'tard question - but the Buzzard, how does that work with autoaim?  Do the missles still lock or is it DIY??

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:43 AM Edited by Jobbo, 05 February 2014 - 12:46 PM.

Bit of a 'tard question - but the Buzzard, how does that work with autoaim?  Do the missles still lock or is it DIY??

The missiles still lock in free-aim mode, yes.

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

The missiles still lock in auto-aim mode, yes.

Sorry, double bout of 'tardiness..

I mean, do the missles lock in free aim??

:facedesk:

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

There's no difference unfortunately.

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

OK, getting a bit confused here..

free aim = missles lock

autoaim = missles lock

So, any RP difference?

engern
  • engern

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

More RP for free aim.

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

The missiles still lock in auto-aim mode, yes.

Sorry, double bout of 'tardiness..

I mean, do the missles lock in free aim??

:facedesk:

Oops, very confusing typo there - sorry, my brain was completely absent!  Yes, still auto-lock in free-aim mode, and you get the extra RP for being in free-aim mode.  Won't take long to try it for yourself and see how beneficial it is :)

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

Exactly.. though my scheduled evening's been messed up a bit by a public transport strike and an appointment with a lawyer... :/

Oh well, should at least a little bit of time to do a comparison.. I hope...

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

I realised after grinding just over $400k last night that I couldn't do it repeatedly as you plan to.  By the time you've done 21 days, you'll probably not want to play the game any more :(  So I wish you lots of luck.

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

lol..

ADD does have its advantages sometimes.. hyperfocus being one of them..

that is when you can get it to kick in, and (un)fortunately it can be with games..

It'll fly by.. trust me...

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:48 AM Edited by Doktor Gott, 06 February 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Well that's me gone from lvl 63 to 65 in 10 missions this morning...

Had a comparison of Coveted and CCO3 in free aim, and there's about a 200RP difference (2.9K vs 3.1K), so with the $5k mission payout difference I think I'll stick to coveted..

Saying that, given that I can now get well over 25% more RP per mission, this is looking like a 14 day challenge rather than a 21 day!  That might just save my sanity...

And obviously, once I hit lvl 90 and get the heavy sniper, it's going to be even quicker.. :D

Only downside to this new, faster approach is the payout is going to be $2M less, but what the hey, it's still about $7m in my pocket for the pain of enduring it..

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

I do the mission on my own. on easy mode.

you get the 12k cash, and you can do it super fast. which means you can get more missions done per hour.

You only need to kill the first guy - use the truck to kill 2x by car at the bottom of hill, then the few by the other truck. - jump into cargo bob as its landing so it does not slow the blades.- collect container as you fly over it.

I deliver the container as its how the mission should be done.

PLEASE NOTE - I mainly use the mission to make money not RP. My characters are level 125 already so don't need to level up.

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

I do the mission on my own. on easy mode.

you get the 12k cash, and you can do it super fast. which means you can get more missions done per hour.

You only need to kill the first guy - use the truck to kill 2x by car at the bottom of hill, then the few by the other truck. - jump into cargo bob as its landing so it does not slow the blades.- collect container as you fly over it.

I deliver the container as its how the mission should be done.

PLEASE NOTE - I mainly use the mission to make money not RP. My characters are level 125 already so don't need to level up.

Exactly..

I'm doing it for RP and cash, so getting the 600+ RP for killing all the enemies... plus using the sniper rifle and working out the right sequence makes it pretty damn easy, as long as you get good first shots.. couple can be problematic but generally they ain't getting anywhere near me..  possibly getting hit about once in every four attempts now..

lIke I say though, heavy sniper should make a difference, specially if I can start blowing up fuel tanks/vehicles..

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:17 AM Edited by Jobbo, 06 February 2014 - 10:20 AM.

How do you get 2.9k RP with Coveted?  That starts to tip the scales somewhat back in its favour...  I was working on the basis that playing alone: CCIII on free-aim and hard for RP; playing with crew mates, Coveted on normal for speed and money.  Even with the bonus RP for playing with crew, my RP for Coveted last night went from 1450 to 1775 (I've no idea why it varied so much; I was generally the Granger driver and Cargobob pilot so rarely got a single kill).

ETA: you posted as I replied; how long does it take to run through when you kill everyone?  We got down below 2 minutes as a crew, but can't work out how to do it any quicker.  Run to Granger, drive straight down to trigger the Cargobob, get in before it even touches the ground so the rotors don't slow down.  The chap above who said he did it in 1m 31s must have some special secret!

WarnerKiller
  • WarnerKiller

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Good work. I'm considering farming this myself tomorrow night. Is there any benefit to doing it with others vs doing it solo (in terms of payout/RP)?

Jobbo
  • Jobbo

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

You get no more money with others, but you do (or should!) get a little more RP.  It should also be quicker with two sniping, and with two you can use the technique of dropping the container in the sea to avoid the boring flight to Madrazo's.

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

how do I join a free aim lobby?

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by Doktor Gott, 06 February 2014 - 10:42 AM.

Getting 2.9K = 25% adjuster for free aim, 1.5xRP for hard level, and 600RP per mission for taking out all the enemies apart from the vans that chase you in the helicopter.

As others have said, hard = no difference.. specially since you sniper everything apart from the pilot

In all honesty, you're looking at 4:30 - 5:00 all in, taking out every enemy..

However, that does give you an extra 600 or so RP, so that's effectively getting the experience of doing it quickly and an extra quarter..

oh and free aim lobbies - go into single player, go to your options, select free aim as your aiming method, then return to online.. you'll be in free aim...

and I'd use the uzi for the pilot.. quick and easy..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users