501 replies to this topic
Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Ok, so who wants a bet?

Currently at level 58 which is a bit embarassing especially given that I've been active in the game since the launch.. albeit with a bit of a gap when it was all screwed up (no, I know it's still screwed up but I mean I couldn't access properly..)

So.. I'm fed up with my weapon choice being lame and something needs to be done about it..

To that end, I hearby declare that I will now be attempting to farm Coveted virtually all the time I'm on GTA online for the next 21 days..

I've worked it out, if I can play the mission 36 times a day for 21 days, I'll reach level 120 and also be about 9.1M better off.

So, any tips for this?? 

I need to get the time down as much as possible and it'll be on single  player and hard..

• return-to-innocence, ScratchWasAlreadyThere and MR.FAGEDORIAN like this

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:34 PM Edited by gtafanzboiz, 03 February 2014 - 12:35 PM.

I remember when people played games for fun.
  • Rockwheels, Bull12345Bull, cyberwolf00233 and 38 others like this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

have fun.

My thoughts exactly... my thoughts exactly...  :facedesk:

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

get a lot of sniper ammo

and a lot of patience because you'll probably get bored

• CHIEFSTA likes this

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

LOL

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

Surely you'd get it done quicker with someone else?

Also, don't you get more RP if you do the mission with somebody else rather than alone?

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Criminal records RP glitch doesn't look so bad anymore.
  • saintsrow and Conici like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:43 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 03 February 2014 - 12:44 PM.

Do the trick where you drop the container into the water (search youtube for this) and you'll cut off having to fly it to Martin's sh*thole lockup at the end.  Doesn't cut much off, but it's worth it.

Edit: Actually, scratch that.  I've seen it talked about tons of times, but I've just search for it now and it appears you need someone in the helicopter with you for it to work.  Good luck finding someone to grind it for 21 days!

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Surely you'd get it done quicker with someone else?

Also, don't you get more RP if you do the mission with somebody else rather than alone?

probably.

but you. Try getting people. For this kind of madness

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Do the trick where you drop the container into the water (search youtube for this) and you'll cut off having to fly it to Martin's sh*thole lockup at the end.  Doesn't cut much off, but it's worth it.

doesnt work anymore

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

damn, I'd heard about the container drop thing.. Oh well.. To repetitiveness and beyond!

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

doesnt work anymore

I just searched on Youtube for it and someone confirmed it working 3 days ago, as long as you have someone in the helicopter with you.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:48 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 03 February 2014 - 12:50 PM.

Omg if I could record you'd see how easy it is to do Coveted solo. No sniper rifle needed. 4 minutes every time. Too bad there isn't a version on PC yet because I could easily record with fraps.

Anyways, grab truck, drive down the right side of the hill, take out two SUV's with whatever but explosives work best, wait for Cargobob, grab crate and done.

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Kind of a funny idea I gotta say. My tip would be that you only need to fire a few rounds from the sniper, two by the dirt bike and van, blow up the dirt bike, four guys down in the cove (shoot the fuel barrel), and the rest can be downed with an assault rifle as you move down the hill.
Remember the faster you get that chopper coming by moving about halfway down the hill, the faster you get paid. The objective written on screen will change when you trigger that event.
  • Spade115 likes this

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

doesnt work anymore

I just searched on Youtube for it and someone confirmed it working 3 days ago, as long as you have someone in the helicopter with you.

sorry, i ment it wont work for the OP

Nipper
  • Nipper

/\-/\

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Omg if I could record you'd see how easy it is to do Coveted solo. No sniper rifle needed. 4 minutes every time. Too bad there isn't a version on PC yet because I could easily record with fraps.

Anyways, grab truck, drive down the right side of the hill, take out two SUV's with whatever but explosives work best, wait for Cargobob, grab crate and done.

4 minutes.

Isn't this a 2min 40sec mission? Or even 1min 40sec?  Been so long since I done it, but there is a much quicker way than 4 minutes.

• Spade115 likes this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, gimme yer strategies..

Manz gotta make bread...  :catloaf:

• Oophilly215oO and TheWomenBeater like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:53 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 03 February 2014 - 12:57 PM.

Really? I'd like to see it. I actually count the time it takes to press square and restart too. About 3:50 every game from lobby to lobby. I never actually timed the mission alone. Most of the time is waiting for the Cargobob to land.

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

If it works out at 4 mins, then that's 2 hours a day..

That's not just as mental as it sounds... repetitive.. yes.. but getting lvl 120 and 9.2M.. not so mental..

After that I won't give two monkies..

then again.. knowing my luck... They'll probably release heists in the middle of all this!! :facedesk:

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

I sadly farmed coveted for the first time last night. Smh probably 10-15 times but it felt like 50..

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:59 PM Edited by gtafanzboiz, 03 February 2014 - 12:59 PM.

heres the strategy i use for making "bread"

Ingredients

Melted butter, for greasing and brushing
500g (3 1/3 cups) plain flour
2 tsp (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
1 tsp salt
375mls (1 1/2 cups) lukewarm water
Extra water, for brushing
1 tsp poppy seeds, for sprinkling

Method:

Step 1- Brush a 10 x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan with the melted butter to lightly grease. Measure all your ingredients. Yeast plays an important role in bread-making. It ferments and grows when combined with "food" such as flour and/or sugar, and warmed. Carbon dioxide is produced and trapped in the dough as tiny air bubbles which make the bread rise during cooking and give it its characteristic texture. These days, dried yeast is available in sealed sachets as instant granules that can be added to the dry ingredients without first combining it with a little of the water (and sometimes flour) to activate it. The sachets are best kept in a cool, dry place.

Step 2 - Salt is added to bread dough simply to add flavour.

Step 3 - Place the plain flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Make a well in the centre and add the water to the dry ingredients. The water needs to be lukewarm to activate the yeast and encourage it to grow. If the water is too hot, it can kill the yeast. To test whether it is at the right temperature, sprinkle a little on the inside of your wrist - it shouldn't be too cold or too hot.

Step 4 - Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined and then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.

Step 5 - Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Kneading distributes the yeast evenly through the dough and develops and strengthens the gluten in the flour which will form the framework of the bread. The best way to knead is to use the heel of your hand to push the dough away from you and then lift it with your fingertips and fold it over itself towards you. Turn the dough a quarter turn and repeat. You can tell when the dough has been kneaded enough by pressing your finger into the surface of the dough - if it springs back, it has been kneaded sufficiently. If the dough hasn't been kneaded enough, the resulting bread will have a holey, crumbly texture and poor structure.

Step 6 - Shape the dough into a ball. Brush a large bowl with the melted butter to grease. Place the dough into the bowl and turn it over to lightly coat the dough surface with the butter. This will stop the surface of the dough drying out as it stands, which can affect the rising process. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and then place it in a warm, draught-free place to allow the dough to rise. A good place to stand it is on a wooden board on the door of the oven with the pilot light on, or in a sheltered, sunny spot. If the temperature is too high, it may kill the yeast, making the dough useless. The ideal temperature for rising bread dough is around 30°C.

Step 7 - Leave the dough in this spot until it is double its size. This process is known as "proving" and the time it takes will depend on where you stand the bowl and on the warmth of you kitchen. The slower the rising, the more even and close the bread texture will be. However, if the dough rises too slowly, or too rapidly, the final bread will have a less even texture and an unpleasant yeasty flavour. This quantity of bread dough should take between 45-75 minutes t double in size. When the dough is ready, it will retaining a finger imprint when lightly pressed. If left to rise for too long, the bread texture will be uneven and have large holes. If not left for long enough, it will have a heavy, dense texture.

Step 8 - Once the dough has doubled in size. Punch it down in the centre with your fist. This step, known as "punching" or "knocking" down the dough, release excess carbon dioxide produced by the yeast during rising so the final bread won't have a "yeasty" flavour.

Step 9 - Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead again for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and elastic and returned to its original size.

Step 10 - Preheat oven to 200°C.

Step 11 - Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and shape each into a smooth round. If the dough is unevenly divided and/or shaped unevenly, the final bread will be irregular in appearance. Place the portions of dough side by side in the greased loaf pan. Brush lightly with the melted butter. Stand the pan in a warm, draught-free place, as before, for about 30 minutes or until the dough has risen about 1cm about the top of the pan.

Step 12 - Gently brush the loaf with a little water and then sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. The best way to tell when the loaf of bread is cooked is to tap it on the base with your knuckle - if it sounds hollow, it is cooked.

Step 13 - Turn the loaf immediately onto a wire rack and allow to cool. If left in the pan, the loaf will sweat and the crust will become soft.

Step 14 - Once cool, store the loaf in a well-ventilated place at room temperature. This bread is best eaten on the day it is made. However, it makes great toast 1-2 days later. Make any stale leftovers into breadcrumbs and freeze in a sealed freezer bag to have on hand for later use.

hope that helps you... allthough now that i think about, im not really sure why your asking this on the gta forums?
  • Bull12345Bull, GTA Banjo, mkjah22 and 13 others like this

AWEMYGOD
  • AWEMYGOD

AWEMYGOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

This is a pretty f*cking sad idea.

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Ingredients

1 tsp salt

Method:

Step 1- Brush a 10 x 20cm (base measurement) loaf pan with the melted butter to lightly grease. Measure all your ingredients. Yeast plays an important role in bread-making. It ferments and grows when combined with "food" such as flour and/or sugar, and warmed. Carbon dioxide is produced and trapped in the dough as tiny air bubbles which make the bread rise during cooking and give it its characteristic texture. These days, dried yeast is available in sealed sachets as instant granules that can be added to the dry ingredients without first combining it with a little of the water (and sometimes flour) to activate it. The sachets are best kept in a cool, dry place.

Step 3 - Place the plain flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Make a well in the centre and add the water to the dry ingredients. The water needs to be lukewarm to activate the yeast and encourage it to grow. If the water is too hot, it can kill the yeast. To test whether it is at the right temperature, sprinkle a little on the inside of your wrist - it shouldn't be too cold or too hot.

Step 4 - Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined and then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.

Step 5 - Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Kneading distributes the yeast evenly through the dough and develops and strengthens the gluten in the flour which will form the framework of the bread. The best way to knead is to use the heel of your hand to push the dough away from you and then lift it with your fingertips and fold it over itself towards you. Turn the dough a quarter turn and repeat. You can tell when the dough has been kneaded enough by pressing your finger into the surface of the dough - if it springs back, it has been kneaded sufficiently. If the dough hasn't been kneaded enough, the resulting bread will have a holey, crumbly texture and poor structure.

Step 6 - Shape the dough into a ball. Brush a large bowl with the melted butter to grease. Place the dough into the bowl and turn it over to lightly coat the dough surface with the butter. This will stop the surface of the dough drying out as it stands, which can affect the rising process. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp tea towel and then place it in a warm, draught-free place to allow the dough to rise. A good place to stand it is on a wooden board on the door of the oven with the pilot light on, or in a sheltered, sunny spot. If the temperature is too high, it may kill the yeast, making the dough useless. The ideal temperature for rising bread dough is around 30°C.

Step 7 - Leave the dough in this spot until it is double its size. This process is known as "proving" and the time it takes will depend on where you stand the bowl and on the warmth of you kitchen. The slower the rising, the more even and close the bread texture will be. However, if the dough rises too slowly, or too rapidly, the final bread will have a less even texture and an unpleasant yeasty flavour. This quantity of bread dough should take between 45-75 minutes t double in size. When the dough is ready, it will retaining a finger imprint when lightly pressed. If left to rise for too long, the bread texture will be uneven and have large holes. If not left for long enough, it will have a heavy, dense texture.

Step 8 - Once the dough has doubled in size. Punch it down in the centre with your fist. This step, known as "punching" or "knocking" down the dough, release excess carbon dioxide produced by the yeast during rising so the final bread won't have a "yeasty" flavour.

Step 9 - Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead again for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and elastic and returned to its original size.

Step 11 - Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and shape each into a smooth round. If the dough is unevenly divided and/or shaped unevenly, the final bread will be irregular in appearance. Place the portions of dough side by side in the greased loaf pan. Brush lightly with the melted butter. Stand the pan in a warm, draught-free place, as before, for about 30 minutes or until the dough has risen about 1cm about the top of the pan.

Step 12 - Gently brush the loaf with a little water and then sprinkle with the poppy seeds. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden and cooked through. The best way to tell when the loaf of bread is cooked is to tap it on the base with your knuckle - if it sounds hollow, it is cooked.

Step 13 - Turn the loaf immediately onto a wire rack and allow to cool. If left in the pan, the loaf will sweat and the crust will become soft.

Step 14 - Once cool, store the loaf in a well-ventilated place at room temperature. This bread is best eaten on the day it is made. However, it makes great toast 1-2 days later. Make any stale leftovers into breadcrumbs and freeze in a sealed freezer bag to have on hand for later use.

hope that helps you... allthough now that i think about, im not really sure why your asking this on the gta forums?

Do you have a spelt and rye loaf recipe by any chance? 

• The Rangler, Headdogg81, Waltermelon and 1 other like this

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:02 PM Edited by gtafanzboiz, 03 February 2014 - 01:09 PM.

Ingredients
1 tsp salt
Method:

Do you have a spelt and rye loaf recipe by any chance?
Here

Ingredients:

2/3 tablespoon instant yeast
1 cup milk, warmed to a touch above body temp
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2/3 cup white flour (plus more for kneading)
1 1/3 cups spelt flour
1 cup dark rye flour
1/3 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons margarine

Method:

Step 1 - in measuring cup warm milk in microwave, then stir in sugar and yeast. do not microwave the yeast! let proof for 10 min.

Step 2 - mix flours and salt, stir in milk mixture and margarine to make a soft dough.

Step 3 - knead for a minimum of 5 min, add more white flour if too sticky.

Step 4 - let rise until doubled in size.

Step 5 - punch down and knead some more, form into the shape desired. i like to make a log and put in a greased loaf pan to make a classic supermarket loaf shape.

Step 6 - let rise until doubled in size again, bake at 375 for 25 min, if getting too brown cover with foil.

Step 7 - remove from pan and let rest on a rack. goes well with butter and/or cream cheese for a filling, fast breakfast.

also i like that word, recipe.... i usually use the word strategy
  • Waltermelon and SilkySkillz85 like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:02 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 03 February 2014 - 01:03 PM.

Seriously, I don't even pay attention to my level or how I rank up anymore, but I swear I go up one or two levels every session from just playing mostly freemode.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Notoriously Punctual

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:05 PM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 03 February 2014 - 01:07 PM.

OP, your commitment to the grind is commendable. I would recommend that if you own any firearms though, that you securely lock them away for the duration of this 21 day period. You will contemplate using it/them.

• vipprimo, Gballin23, Doktor Gott and 1 other like this

Sangers
  • Sangers

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

I am certain you can get to Level 120 with more than enough cash, by farming missions and selling cars which will be a lot more fun and diverse. Just play only the high paying missions.

• Eddie_INTV likes this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

No denying it, but.. at the end of it there'll be no need for any farming/missioning apart from fun...

oh and heists hopefully.. :D

MurderIsNice
  • MurderIsNice

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Iv done coveted so many times I can beat it alone in about six-seven minutes you need to snipe about 12 people where the chopper lands ignore the other people they never shoot down the chopper and its all cake from there I would do other missions but nobody ever joins

gtafanzboiz
  • gtafanzboiz

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

No denying it, but.. at the end of it there'll be no need for any farming/missioning apart from fun...

oh and heists hopefully.. :D

untill your measly 9M runs out....
  • Doktor Gott likes this

Smartpride
  • Smartpride

DONT QUOTE MEE

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Smg, assault rifle headshot is much better than sniper, as well as testing free aim.
  • stickifingaz likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users