» «
Photo

GTA V: Next Gen Console Discussion

514 replies to this topic
RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by RominOctane, 04 March 2014 - 09:26 PM.

I would say get the 360 version because it will probably be 50 bucks off for those who already own it on current gen when the next gen version comes out, as all other cross gen games. But seeing as you 2 different console companies I don't know if it still counts.

Plus there should be people selling the game for cheap by now so you should be able to find one at a low price.

TrustedInstaller
  • TrustedInstaller

Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

There have been a lot of rumors about a March release date for GTA 5 on Next Generation Consoles. Although a lot of people have denies that it isn't true and how it would be impossible for Rockstar to release it so early, also because as of now (February 28th, 2014) there have been zero comments or announcements made by Rockstar regarding a March release date. I am going to list some reasons why it is possible for GTA 5 to be released in March. I am not saying any of these are 100%, i am just talking about how it could and might possibly be done. All of these are rumors and speculations and should be taken with a grain of salt. You can do research on all of these, because I am not going to list all the information that goes along with most reasons.

1. Back a while ago before the next-gen consoles came out on a podcast, a person who does music for Rockstar is on this podcast (we will call them Sally, though i do not know if it is a guy or guy, or their name.), Sally is gone for a podcast. One of the other people who are also on the podcast (we will call them Dan, cause again I dont know the gender or name.) asks where this Sally is. A third person says that Sally is gone on a rockstar business trip. One of the other people kind of makes a gesture to tell them shh. Later in the podcast this third person says Sally is there for the "6th Month Release". This podcast happened in back in September, so with easy counting you can see 6 months from September is March. Some people have put this off as "Oh its for a game they have yet to announce." but it is now the 28th of February like I said, and if Rockstar was to be releasing a Triple A Title they would've had to announce it by now. So GTA 5 for Next-Gen could be fill for this gap in information,

About the first topic, something like this happened in a Asa Akira YOUTUBE video.
Also talking about a 6 month re-release, just do some research on Google!!!

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 05 March 2014 - 12:04 AM.

I said since the beginning that I thought GTA V would be in NG consoles as well, reason why the PC version had so much effort into it and I still do, would be a huge mistake if Rockstar missed this chance, specially when GTAO screams NG all over the place. Today the biggest and more respectable retailer of Electronic in my Country made it to the news when they listed the game for pre-order using the usual 5€ price tag. This is not an official announcement but I can tell you that when this retailer does something like this it's as good as an official announcement and will happen without any doubt:

http://uk.ign.com/ar...online-retailer

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

There's not a chance in hell they'll get it running at 1080p/60fps on the bone, probably not the PS4 either. They'll sacrifice that stuff to make the next gen version prettier if they're creating one. I don't see why they'd bother at all, and I'm not expecting a release on those machines at any point.

I hope a PC version comes, and I think it's very likely. The PC is the only place you'll ever play 1080p GTA at 60fps, console versions will always compromise those things for graphical improvements.
  • RyanBurnsRed likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by SilverRST, 17 March 2014 - 10:41 PM.

R* should not waste time and money on developing/porting GTAV to "next-gen"consoles, especially XBone.

Why consoles?? There are already thousands of consoles. Just keep GTAV only for PC and previous gen consoles and that's it.

• xontosis likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:52 PM

R* should not waste time and money on developing/porting GTAV to "next-gen"consoles, especially XBone.
Why consoles?? There are already thousands of consoles. Just keep GTAV only for PC and previous gen consoles and that's it.

There's 6 Million PS4's out there and nearly 4 Million Xbox Ones, all with owners looking for something to buy and play to tie them over until the next major release. It's a market waiting to be grabbed and a game like GTAV is certainly one they need, a chance to replay one of the biggest games of last year but with better graphics and cleaned up, what's not to like? And the sad reality is, they'd probably get more money from those Next Gen owners than they would from PC Gamers, so yes, it's money, but they are a business after all, so don't come back with that "BUT BUT DEY FORGET US PC GAMERS", where were the PC Gamers when Rockstar did L.A.Noire and Max Payne 3? Both of those upon release sold worst on PC and didn't pick up until Steam Sales. That's the mentality of PC Gamers now, thanks to Steam we all have huge back logs and games arn't worth buying at full price anymore as we'd rather wait until it's at least 33% off in a Steam Sale first.
  • hbkfc23 and Agathodaemon like this

Achi28
  • Achi28

--

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

With the lack of a really good NG game at the moment, I don't think there is any better time to release GTA V for next gen then there is now. Infamous & titanfall are not games that have the same value as a GTA game, and are for sure no system sellers. I can guarantee that a release for NG will boost both consoles sale skyhigh!
PS4 would run out of stock again in no time, and i'm sure there will be people that buy the X-one just so they can play gta on a new platform. So beneficial for both consoles in this situation..
Now that I think about it, this delay could also be good for Sony, just so they can get more consoles in stock for when GTA V comes out..

Ah man, all these theories...lol , just announce it already!!!
  • one55 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

If people hate this game as much as they say they do why do so many want it so bad for next gen and PC?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

If people hate this game as much as they say they do why do so many want it so bad for next gen and PC?

A lot of the people wanting it for PC haven't even played it yet because they don't have consoles. 

As for the people wanting it for current gen, it seems the demand isn't really that high to be honest. There's more demand for a PC version than a current gen version.

There's a petition with over 600,000 signatures for a PC version, several threads on this forum alone for a PC version that have exceeded 200+ pages every time, and tons of comments on Rockstar's Facebook page asking for a PC version. 

What can you say for the PS4 and Xbox One? There isn't as much public demand for it. Personally, I don't really think there will be one. The last game Rockstar has ported to the new generation from the last was Bully. 

Yeah a lot of developers are porting last gen games to current gen, but that doesn't mean Rockstar has to follow this trend.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

With the lack of a really good NG game at the moment, I don't think there is any better time to release GTA V for next gen then there is now. Infamous & titanfall are not games that have the same value as a GTA game, and are for sure no system sellers. I can guarantee that a release for NG will boost both consoles sale skyhigh!
PS4 would run out of stock again in no time, and i'm sure there will be people that buy the X-one just so they can play gta on a new platform. So beneficial for both consoles in this situation..
Now that I think about it, this delay could also be good for Sony, just so they can get more consoles in stock for when GTA V comes out..

Ah man, all these theories...lol , just announce it already!!!

You're right.

This is the perfect time for Rockstar to get GTA V out. MGS:GZ and inFamous are coming out this week. Titanfall is out. I have a PS4 and the only game I plan on buying is inFamous this week then Watch Dogs in May.

All they gotta do is announce GTA V for next gen and people will go out and buy a next gen console. Damn, I already have the game on PS3 and would definitely buy it again on PS4. There is so much money to be made for them...they'd be stupid not to release it on next gen. PS4 has sold at least 6 million consoles alone. Not sure about Xbox.

C'mon Rockstar!!! 

• Achi28 and dyz like this

Achi28
  • Achi28

--

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:57 PM Edited by Achi28, 18 March 2014 - 01:57 PM.

Can't wait to play again! I sold my ps3 3 months ago because I bought a PS4, and I really miss GTA. BF4 and FIFA were fun for the time being, but both games were not ready at all(yeah also this year's FIFA fked up with scripting and sh*t like that).

Now my PS4 is sitting there just waiting for a GTA V PS4 disc to pop in...
I really hope we'll get the announcement this week/month!

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

It would be a smart business move to release it on next gen because then the competition increases for both consoles, people get a great game on each system and more people buy the NG consoles = $$$$$ profit for Rockstar.

On top of that, PC version would do good enough too.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:11 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 18 March 2014 - 03:12 PM.

A Next Gen version would just give me a good reason to buy a PS4, and that's good business on R*'s behalf. Plus the Graphics will be identical to the PC version on Max settings, and so we won't have people complaining that one looks better than the other. Hopefully we get an announcement very soon.

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

The Graphics will be identical to the PC version on Max settings, and so we won't have people complaining that one looks better than the other. Hopefully we get an announcement very soon.

You pulled that out of your arse. Those consoles you call 'Next Gen' aren't nearly as powerful as even five year-old computers. PC's will always be the better choice, and have far improved graphics.

• Thalyn likes this

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

The Graphics will be identical to the PC version on Max settings, and so we won't have people complaining that one looks better than the other. Hopefully we get an announcement very soon.

You pulled that out of your arse. Those consoles you call 'Next Gen' aren't nearly as powerful as even five year-old computers. PC's will always be the better choice, and have far improved graphics.

Nice member title jackass. I make a comment about the game, and you telling me I pulled the sh*t out of my ass. Why don't you go f*ck yourself. You're the c*nt here. I meant to say that Next Gen is more closer to PCs and the game will be easier to develop for. Plus the graphics will be so similar to PC it won't even matter. Get your head out of your ass.

• one55 likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Sorry to burst your mad bubbles, but PS4 blows all mid end PC's out of the water, well at least enough to be noticeable. High end PC's don't count because they cost too much, get that in your head.

• one55 likes this

demologik
  • demologik

demologik

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:49 AM Edited by demologik, 21 March 2014 - 05:53 AM.

But I see you've got another problem to address.... I don't think there's a way of removing the thermal paste from the CPU unless you heat it up for a good time (For example playing ultra games for a couple hours, this will soften the thermal paste and make it easy to remove with just some alcohol and a cloth)

Wrong.. the paste does not have to be heated up.. It will come off with rubbing alcohol just fine. I've built many gaming PC's over 15 years.

--

MOSY LIKELY scenario is this: The game has been in production on PC for a while. The NG versions will be like PC with slightly scaled down GFX.. The PC version will require a new rig to run smoothly. Since BOTH next gen consoles are x86 based they will be easily ported from PC. Expect greater draw distance, and better anti-aliasing, and more resources on screen at once.. More peds, cars, better particle effects, weather effects etc.. 

• Xerukal and Thalyn like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

GTA V should come out in Next gen. I would buy it if it would. GTA VI will definently come out in Next gen. Cant wait to see how thats gunna look. IMO of course.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

I don't see why can't release a next (or should I say current now?) gen version.

I thought developers created the game on PC then just downscaled everything and ported it over to what ever other platforms they are working on. I mean it's pretty obvious that most of the screenshots that Rockstar released have been taken from a PC build of the game because while the PS3/360 version looks great...it still doesn't look anywhere near as good as some screenshots we've seen!

Technically, it would have been more difficult to port the game to PS3/360 than to PS4/One because last gen hardware is so ancient and the architecture is complicated. PS4/One have a similar architecture to PC so it would be much easier to create a version for them both. 

I honestly do think they are going to bring out a PC/PS4/One version of V at the same time. Obviously PC will have the best graphics/performance out but I wouldn't be surprised to see the PS4/One versions run at something equivalent to high/medium settings on PC. 1080p, solid 30fps, a bit of anti-aliasing and much higher quality graphics/texture compared to PS3/360.

Last gen: 720p/20-30fps, no AA, low quality textures/graphics

Next (current) gen: 1080p/locked 30fps, light AA, medium/high quality textures/graphics

PC: 1080p +/40+fps, high AA, high/ultra textures/graphics

Kipsta77
  • Kipsta77

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

Plus the Graphics will be identical to the PC version on Max settings.

Medium settings at best.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 21 March 2014 - 11:02 AM.

Nope, high settings. The main difference will be that the PC version will be stronger on the frame rate side. And a tad better anti-aliasing. Only high end expensive PC's will be much better.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:08 AM Edited by Jimbatron, 21 March 2014 - 11:08 AM.

It's all speculation really but my guess would be a next gen version in terms of graphics and performance would be somewhere between an average PC and a top end PC, based on the logic consoles are more dedicated for gaming, so should trump a standard rig, but PC components improve continually so the top end will usually be ahead.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

It's going to be better than a lot of mid end PC's out there. We know as a fact it can't outdo high end PC's, it's logic. High end PC's are way more powerful and are more expensive.

ThatOneDork
  • ThatOneDork

Full of Surprises

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:33 PM Edited by ThatOneDork, 21 March 2014 - 12:33 PM.

I'm not sure if anybody has covered this yet in another topic or even in this one,

But over on another website that is notorious for insider tips and such, there was a post in which somebody had said that they have a friend who works at R* who had stated, "[Alluding to the question if he was an insider] Only on this. I have a friend who is a dev at the studio who basically says he has played the PS4 version. He told me to wait for that version, which I am. They seem to be holding off announcing it, but this is the rockstar way i think."

Normally it would be best to never take this sort of statement with even the slightest grain of salt, but with the way moderation is held in that forum (They have an application process to become a member, and they ban people for misguiding information and such, etc.) the person who had leaked this had checked out with one of the major people on the site.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

I'm not sure where the GTA V PC discussion thread is considering it was a hot potato topic this past week, but Spider-Vice posted a screen shot there about both PC and Next Gen (now current, latest, greatest) all being supported by GTA V, but I didn't see this anywhere on Rockstar's official site, so I wanted to pose that question to SpiderVice, where did he/she find that graphic? Is it official enough to put some rumors to rest?

It basically means PC and XBox One, and PS4 would see the game released likely as it has already with few if any changes.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

I would definitely get it for the One.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

It's going to be better than a lot of mid end PC's out there. We know as a fact it can't outdo high end PC's, it's logic. High end PC's are way more powerful and are more expensive.

My 2 year old, 500 dollar PC can out do PS4 graphically right now.  Is this considered high end?

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:48 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 22 March 2014 - 09:11 PM.

^ That will definitely be arguable at some point, but how can you know at this time? it's something like wizardry the way developers utilize the power of consoles. I was extremely impressed by the visuals in Infamous: Second Son.If you look at launch or close to launch titles for PS3 and 360 it's pretty funny how terrible they looked compared to the more recently released games on those systems. 

Achi28
  • Achi28

--

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

Anyone expecting something at the PAX East 2014? I saw that Lewis the Majestic guy posting some stuff on this Twitter about it, saying announce at PAX and release end April. Would be awesome!

_MK_
  • _MK_

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

Looks like the NG Trailer is in the works (posted a day ago) :

2__2__by_mkiiix-d7c21ru.png

http://hire.jobvite....inkedIn_Posting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users