GTA V: Next Gen Console Discussion

514 replies to this topic
P.T.
  • P.T.

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

i know, peps gonna say  , they done said it wont be on next gen. they also said it wont be on pc. but rumors are showing up that may not be true. if there is one thing ive seen with social media, is , we can get things changed, if we try sometimes. not trying is a sure fire way to not get anything changed. so i have started a new hashtag , for peps to tweet to @rockstargames . if you would like to at least try to help get this to happen ,show your support for the desire of peps who want gta 5 on next gen by tweeting them @rockstargames  the hashtag #gta5nextgen     . please pass this along to any and everyone you know that has a twitter and would like to see this game brought over to the ps4 and xbox 1. if the numbers are there, do you really think they would want to lose out on the extra money? lets try to ban together here please. thanks to those who do.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

It's the PC version I'm hoping to see, but I don't see why they wouldn't bring out a next gen version with enhanced graphics. Sony and Microsoft might even contribute to development costs as they need titles to sell the new consoles.

funmw2
  • funmw2

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by funmw2, 01 February 2014 - 01:51 PM.

First full credits to ecb2 .

in scripts there a file named flow_controller.csc/.xsc

and its used script ( some scripts aren't used for cut contents )

ecb2 extracted natives from it .

we found 3 natives for consoles version :

is_xbox360_version
is_ps3_version

the third native was for orbis version :

is_orbis_version

orbis = PS4 dev console 

maybe this means rockstar developed a test version of GTA V for PS4 .

you may know that PS3 was the used platform for GTAV development ( as shown in trailers )

if rockstar want next gen version for GTAV , first platform they will use for development is PS4 .

maybe after PC version of GTA V , Rockstar will release GTAV for PS4 & Xbox one .

• ECB2 likes this

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

This was discovered a long time ago and was discussed.

• Xerukal likes this

funmw2
  • funmw2

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:00 PM Edited by funmw2, 01 February 2014 - 02:00 PM.

This was discovered a long time ago and was discussed.

was it discovered by finding natives in scripts ?

because there difference between meta/xml files and scripts .

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by Vanto, 01 February 2014 - 02:03 PM.

I think yes, it was in scripts. Anyway, I will leave here the images:

gta-v-source-code.png

I don't know the differences between scripts and meta files, though.

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Old news, just wasted your time probably.

funmw2
  • funmw2

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Old news, just wasted your time probably.

I think yes, it was in scripts. Anyway, I will leave here the images:

gta-v-source-code.png

I don't know the differences between scripts and meta files, though.

this found on a script that have natives used in-game .

meta/xml files can have used and unused contents .

some natives used in flow_controller.csc/.xsc

special_ability_deactivate
special_ability_lock
special_ability_unlock

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Well, then I think those are meta files as they're unused (Orbis/PC unexistent version).

funmw2
  • funmw2

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

Well, then I think those are meta files as they're unused (Orbis/PC unexistent version).

it can be used ..

what found in meta files means there will be a PC/PS4 version .

what found in scripts confirms the PS4 version for GTA V .

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

It will never come out on PS4/X1 simply because it's waste of time and resources to release it again on next-gen consoles.
They were definitely just testing the game, keeping in view, the next title GTA VI.

Sordidjaws
  • Sordidjaws

Heist Planner

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

It will never come out on PS4/X1 simply because it's waste of time and resources to release it again on next-gen consoles.
They were definitely just testing the game, keeping in view, the next title GTA VI.

They re-released Bully when Xbox 360 came out which was a "next gen" console at the time with improved graphics and more missions.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

They re-released Bully when Xbox 360 came out which was a "next gen" console at the time with improved graphics and more missions.

And it was the only game they ever re-released as well, from what I can remember anyway.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Merged the thread with main Next gen discussion thread.

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

In that case I think the game was a waste to make for consoles anyway.
It is what it is, a massive, epic and complex game which is simply to powerful for the 360 and PS3 to run properly, in my opinion.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

You clearly didn't get my point.
Both X360 and PS2 Bully are not quite similar "re-released" contents.
Multi-player? Get the hint. Story missions and other "additional" tweaks make it much better.
On topic,
1. GTA V won't get anything "NEW" content wise that separates it from Old Consoles.
2. Old Consoles are still way behind content wise yet to be released. If they plan next-gen release it won't certainly come till the game has been completely updated and accessible in features.
3. Only improvements are Graphics, Better frame rates, and nothing else.
4. Target customers are quite few in comparison to already sold 30 million units of old consoles.
What will they achieve by re-releasing it on next-gen?
Since, people may still demand for PS3/X360 to buy till the prices of the next-gen drop significantly.
5. Next, the number of target customers having PC in comparison to Next-gen Consoles.
Who gets the deal? Think.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

You clearly didn't get my point.
Both X360 and PS2 Bully are not quite similar "re-released" contents.
Multi-player? Get the hint. Story missions and other "additional" tweaks make it much better.
On topic,
1. GTA V won't get anything "NEW" content wise that separates it from Old Consoles.
2. Old Consoles are still way behind content wise yet to be released. If they plan next-gen release it won't certainly come till the game has been completely updated and accessible in features.
3. Only improvements are Graphics, Better frame rates, and nothing else.
4. Target customers are quite few in comparison to already sold 30 million units of old consoles.
What will they achieve by re-releasing it on next-gen?
Since, people may still demand for PS3/X360 to buy till the prices of the next-gen drop significantly.
5. Next, the number of target customers having PC in comparison to Next-gen Consoles.
Who gets the deal? Think.

I think a lot of people will re-buy this game just becuz it's gta v and people are graphic whores. I think they will sell it as a complete edition along with the pc version.

Microsoft990
  • Microsoft990

Extreme Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Hello Guys, I Am New To This forum  and this is my first post. I Have Got A Xbox One and I am a Die Hurt GTA Fan and as you all know there is no GTA Game available on Xbox One, So I want to ask when will GTA V release for Xbox One.

As This is the First time I have brought any gaming console and I don't know much about it. So Please Tell Me.

Thank You....................... :lol:

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Thank You....................... :lol:

what's so funny?

• Microsoft990 likes this

Microsoft990
  • Microsoft990

Extreme Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:29 AM Edited by Microsoft990, 03 February 2014 - 11:29 AM.

No No Actually I want to give Smile, Accidentally I have given a Funny Face, Sorry.

Souzooka
  • Souzooka

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Nice buy on the Xbox One, it looks awesome and Microsoft has not been digging itself into a hole this generation.

(DISCLOSURE: I have not been paid by Machinima)

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

The answer is yes, eventually. Maybe with the PC release, but it won't be any time soon.

Xbox One is actually a good choice for your first console with it being new, but i'm still on 360 so i'm not too sure or bothered about its performance

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:34 AM Edited by DlZZEE, 03 February 2014 - 11:34 AM.

I don't think It's coming for new gen consoles, no particular reason, too few people got it atm so I don't think It's worth porting it.

Microsoft990
  • Microsoft990

Extreme Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Thank You For Replying, But What Are The Expectations Of The Release Date?

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

It is all just speculation at the moment. 

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

I don't think It's coming for new gen consoles, no particular reason, too few people got it atm so I don't think It's worth porting it.

not yet but considering it took a year for gta iv to port to PC, i think its still possible. GTA games last years whilst keeping a good popularity

Souzooka
  • Souzooka

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

There is no substantial evidence that the game is coming to next-generation systems. There is nothing close to the evidence that a PC version is coming (like mentions of the PC version in the buildlogs left in the game), and the only mention to next-gen systems (a mention of "Orbis,") seems more to be prepping RAGE for the next generation than making a version of the game for Xbox One and PS4.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

In regards to 'GTA not coming to PC' I have seen countless threads since 2001 stating this... and yes, every GTA has had a PC release - It's just a matter of time.

Logicically I cannot see a reason not to bring out on the PC, I hope PS4/BOX1 will have a updated version of GTA5... but in reality how many people would buy a second copy of GTA5 for a next gen console? unless Rockstar offered a upgrade deal. 

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

Welcome to the forums. There's probably a "next-gen" thread where this would contribute more. Next time use the quite functional and very handy search feature provided.

To answer the op's question tho: I don't believe it will be released until enough x1s sell to justify a nextgen GTAO.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

First off.. 

brilliant_animated_gifs_featuring_kim_jo

There aren't any expected release dates as of yet, but if they were to announce it, it would be around March. (imo)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users