Photo

GTA V: Next Gen Console Discussion

514 replies to this topic
kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

I think they will release a new edition of GTAV with the upcoming DLCs on next gen and PC. (Like IV's ''Episodes from Liberty City'')

This is what I've thought for a while, GTA V GOTY edition, all DLC, and on the NG platforms as well as PC.

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

Given the amount of speculation, rumours and leaks (recent leaks too, some guy in Brazil thinks it's coming out 12th of March this year). A PC release is very plausible / likely / likely to have already been discussed at distribution level.

Interesting to read details of the PS4's Orbis OS mentioned in leaked code in one of the above posts. 

It does pose the question, if GTA V was promised on next gen, before it's release on PS3/360, how many of us would have waited, payed the cash for a next gen console, and held out for a next gen GTA?

armyraidfail404
  • armyraidfail404

The Epic-Fail-King

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

http://gtaforums.com...ons-discussion/

Damn right, apoligise!

Good luck with your thread!

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

It will come out on PC first, which should be in a few months time. After that, the fact that it even came on the PC version SCREAMS for a next gen version since the consoles are powerful enough and they both have very closely similar architectures to the PC. And when GTA 6 comes out, I can guarantee you it will come out on all platforms at the same time.

armyraidfail404
  • armyraidfail404

The Epic-Fail-King

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

I bet that Rockstar will be using the same excuse that they did for GTA IV.

"Wahhhhhh! We dunno how to use this! It only came out last year"

In that case, Roosevelt and many others share the same good point what with the similarities and the blah blah blah. It's likely that we will get a good game out of it, but impossible to not get good money out of it.

This is Rockstar's most likely dillema.

They use the first crap PS3/360 edition as a stepping stone for NG/PC.
However they didn't at the time realise the PR would go down along the mindless gamers (ie not us because we're sitting around the camp fire right now and telling our ghost stories).

End - The Next Gen price is the dillema. Whether they increase/decrease the price because of quality or money reasons would affect the total outcome of the GTA series because of PR factors. And they can't just skip to GTA 6 because that just leaves out more chances to gain money or lose it.

I'm very sad to say this but GTA V may aswell just be the end of the series.
There is no doubt that they will, however continue on with GTA Online. It is kinda like what we witnessed in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic series

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

The price isn't a dilemma because the publisher chooses the price for their game. Rockstar are owned by Take Two so roughly about 15%-25% of the money they get has to go to the company who owns them. The only problem is what Take Two want to set the price for the game, and it's most likely going to be £49.99-£59.99 especially because they pay tax.

armyraidfail404
  • armyraidfail404

The Epic-Fail-King

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Have I been living in a rock? At the start of the game it shows the Rockstar Games logo followed by the Rockstar North Logo. No Take Two involved. But if what you say is true then enlighten me, please.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

Obviously the logo of Rockstar is in the game, they made the damn game. But T2 own Rockstar so they publish the game. How did you not know that? It's like one of the most basic knowledge about GTA.

armyraidfail404
  • armyraidfail404

The Epic-Fail-King

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:42 PM

Don't undermine me because I play the game and enjoy it and not spend every second stalking Rockstar's movements, pages and everything else related.

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

Do all US presidents have one of the most basic knowledge about GTA?

ayushisrocking
  • ayushisrocking

Winning!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by ayushisrocking, 18 January 2014 - 02:21 PM.

Hope it releases simultaneously for the 3 platforms..I'm saying this not because of anything other than respect for people of all platforms.
P.S: in case the game is not properly optimized for low-end GPUs, I'll get a PS4 and then play V on it.

Hope R* continues to tweet about GTaO like this for the next 3 days, and then suddenly BAM! Announcement of PC,Xb1 & ps4 versions, followed by alternate tweets^updates regarding GTAO & PC/NxtGen versions.

Oh, it feels awesome to dream, doesnt it?
  • poklane and Blanc like this

bindik
  • bindik

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

IS PC same as NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT gen consoles? If yes, i will join conversation :D

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

IS PC same as NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT NEXT gen consoles? If yes, i will join conversation :D

Well, no.

Let's not horribly murder this thread like we did the PC one, shall we? No need to hijack it... yet. 

• Bonnano and armyraidfail404 like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Don't undermine me because I play the game and enjoy it and not spend every second stalking Rockstar's movements, pages and everything else related.

It's just a joke -_-

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

If more of the assholes from the PC thread comes in here, this thread will be locked soon.

How many copies would they sell on NG consoles? 1mil, 2 mil?? I don't think that every1 who owns a NG console are gonna buy the game

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Why are the build logs getting coverage now all of sudden, I see some sites covering them now.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

This is a great way to get round the current PC thread ban. I don't think it's coming to PC.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

This is a great way to get round the current PC thread ban.

No its not.
Stay on topic. Or else reports will be made
  • Xerukal likes this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

armyraidfail404, on 12 Jan 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

Please leave here before you embarrase yourself even more than you have .

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by grumpy cat meme, 18 January 2014 - 10:41 PM.

If more of the assholes from the PC thread comes in here, this thread will be locked soon.

How many copies would they sell on NG consoles? 1mil, 2 mil?? I don't think that every1 who owns a NG console are gonna buy the game

What is the rate of adoption of the new consoles?

As of January 6, there has been 4.3 million PS4 and 3 million XONE. 

For 80 million PS3 and 80 million other 360, which is 160 million consoles, there has been an estimated 30 million copies of GTA V sold for both as of now. That means ~18,75% of the consumer base bought the game. 

Now let's say that the people who bought the first new-gen consoles are, for most, non-casual gamers that are prone to buy GTA V., and let's make an optimistic projection that 25% of the PS4/ONE owners buy a copy of the remastered GTA V. That gives a number ranging from 2.5 to 3.75 million copies sold if the game is out before this summer and that the rate of adoption of the consoles is slowing a little bit (a projection of 10 to 15 million consoles sold in may). 

That means potential revenue of US$150,000,000 to US$225,000,000. Is it worth it for Rockstar? I think so but I don't know the cost of adapting a new version of GTA V for PS4/ONE, maybe some other people can add facts to this point.

Well, that's it... Let's hope the trolls don't make this topic locked...

• jatiger13 likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

I might pick up the GOTY PS4 version if it's made available. Hopefully they retain the box art. I got the special edition and it just looks weird next to my other GTAs with its steel case.

BlackLightning
  • BlackLightning

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:43 AM Edited by BlackLightning, 19 January 2014 - 06:44 AM.

Unless they fix the ridiculous cop AI, this game can go die in a fire. Worst of the series, in my opinion. And no, I'm not one of the people that bashed IV. I think IV is a fantastic game. 

When it's no fun getting in police chases in a game called Grand Theft Auto, you have truly f*cked up a great series. 

• lincolnimp likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

@ The BlackLightning

Cops are a challenge albeit some tweaks might come in handy to ease the irritating aspects, but in no way frustrating or call it as 'sh*t'.

But, I won't blame you. It's the trend since past gta's, the absence of hardcore challenge in any thing and the realistic nature was a rare event in the series.

Practice more it will surely help you to solve the problems otherwise how will you manage to play the future titles?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2014 - 07:09 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 19 January 2014 - 07:10 AM.

Not gonna lie if R* released a PS4, XB1 version of V i'd pick it up in a heart beat. More peds, cars on the streets? Hi-res textures? Other little tweaks? Hell yes please.

But also as long as all stats,trophies carried over.

Would help the wait for 6.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:35 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 19 January 2014 - 08:38 AM.

So next-gen thread is allowed and PC is not? These mods... where they get them? In console fanboy forums?

Edit: Just saw new PC thread...

• Thalyn likes this

armyraidfail404
  • armyraidfail404

The Epic-Fail-King

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:55 AM Edited by armyraidfail404, 22 January 2014 - 02:55 AM.

armyraidfail404, on 12 Jan 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

Please leave here before you embarrase yourself even more than you have .

I intend on staying here. Why?

Just in case there are some instant classic lolz to be found here. But in the case of the trolls, no I would hope to hell that I don't end up being one.

Unless they fix the ridiculous cop AI, this game can go die in a fire. Worst of the series, in my opinion. And no, I'm not one of the people that bashed IV. I think IV is a fantastic game. 

When it's no fun getting in police chases in a game called Grand Theft Auto, you have truly f*cked up a great series. 

Well the only way I see of making police chases more fun is to make it more like Need For Speed, sadly it just won't work.

And it's not because I find Need For Speed more fun to play, as many others have got great cop systems, it's just that this one is bad, not in fun factors but the difficulty to outsmart the cops

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

Why not ?
We could even buy a new PC or a next-gen console purposely for GTA if necessary.....like We did with IV, red dead and the episodes

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

next gen and PC just cant handle it... move on people

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:55 AM Edited by xreppiz, 23 January 2014 - 04:17 PM.

It's entirely possible that there'll be no PC or next gen release.

born to be wasted.mp3

Rockstar just went full retard, if they do dat

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

i hope there is a ps4 version. then i can finally get rid of my ps3.

my laptop is sh*t so will never in a million years run GTA IV never mind V and there is no way in hell I'm building a gaming PC. i have a ps4 so bring it out on that please rockstar! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users