Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V: Next Gen Console Discussion

514 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

I'm now beginning to think that Rockstar might have been better off releasing GTA V for the PS4. Something tells me they could have made a much better and bigger game than we have now. V would not have these so-called, last gen console limitation excuses some people like to make up for it's disappointingly underwhelming experience. I reckon Rockstar should have done what Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs. 

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

''Something tells me they could have made a much better and bigger game than we have now'' - i thought you talking about ''gta6''

MaGnEz
  • MaGnEz

Grove 4 Life

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

They could of made an amazing game if they only released it on pc, but meh

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

new engine for ver.pc/ng or bust 

cause this engine will look outdated compared with W_D

PoppYourHead
  • PoppYourHead

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by PoppYourHead, 21 April 2014 - 05:39 PM.

new engine for ver.pc/ng or bust 
cause this engine will look outdated compared with W_D

Hehe, Really? what is this, a car tuning? "Ahhh for the PC version put me some V8 engine and a turbo". lol nobody has seen how it works on PC. I can tell you one thing for a fact, if you try GTA IV , or EFLC on PC you can feel how strong and amazing RAGE engine is, so there is no doubt the PC version will be amazing, that offcourse if ROCKSTAR WOULD HURRY UP ALREADY! damn.. :-)

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Hehe, Really? what is this, a car tuning? "Ahhh for the PC version put me some V8 engine and a turbo". lol nobody has seen how it works on PC. I can tell you one thing for a fact, if you try GTA IV , or EFLC on PC you can feel how strong and amazing RAGE engine is, so there is no doubt the PC version will be amazing, that offcourse if ROCKSTAR WOULD HURRY UP ALREADY! damn.. :-)

im talking about tech MSAA/TXAA , hdao,tesselation,Ray tracing,UHD support,etc -2014 game stuff

PoppYourHead
  • PoppYourHead

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by PoppYourHead, 21 April 2014 - 05:56 PM.

im talking about tech MSAA/TXAA , hdao,tesselation,Ray tracing,UHD support,etc -2014 game stuff

I play GTA IV with FXAA, with 32x CSAA anti aliasing, no jaggies and works extremely smooth.. (Injected VIA Nvidia drivers),so i imagine GTA V...
  • Thalyn likes this

Psycho_Yuri
  • Psycho_Yuri

For mother Russia!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:02 PM

- Hold on, we're closer then ever and the fact Rockstar doesn't tell me anything or even come to these forums do the usual tease is a good sign. The next months will be amazing in terms of games, with V being the ice on the cake. This is great after so many others completely empty. -

The Ice on the cake will be The Crew ofcourse. That game is going to be better then GTA V I am sure about that.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

V PC/ NG has that tech... well I don't know about Tessellation amount though and Ray Tracing won't be in it or any other game coming anytime soon, but it will have all the latest tech... imagine a Max Payne 3 on steroids in Los Santos, that is GTA V PC/ NG.

• BlackScout and Shiiimmy like this

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

V PC/ NG has that tech... well I don't know about Tessellation amount though and Ray Tracing won't be in it or any other game coming anytime soon, but it will have all the latest tech... imagine a Max Payne 3 on steroids in Los Santos, that is GTA V PC/ NG.

probably you talking about new engine for pcng isn't it.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

I was only told about MP3 game engine optimized for V, not about a new engine.

MP3 PC was a next gen title in its core and it would look that in NG consoles if it was released. RAGE is an engine that can and will be applied for NG visuals.

• BlackScout, Shiiimmy and PoppYourHead like this

PoppYourHead
  • PoppYourHead

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by PoppYourHead, 21 April 2014 - 08:29 PM.

- Hold on, we're closer then ever and the fact Rockstar doesn't tell me anything or even come to these forums do the usual tease is a good sign. The next months will be amazing in terms of games, with V being the ice on the cake. This is great after so many others completely empty. -

The Ice on the cake will be The Crew ofcourse. That game is going to be better then GTA V I am sure about that.

Better than NFS that's for sure, GTA and The Crew are both open world's but a little different in terms of gameplay. I hope "The Crew" will be as good as the trailer suggests, who ever played TDU2 is going to enjoy it very much :-) (tdu2 was huge,the biggest open world driving game yet). GTA is GTA and it will be awesome when princess rockstar will be releasing it for PC/NG.
  • BlackScout likes this

Achi28
  • Achi28

--

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Nothing today.. :'(

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

aka TrustedInstaller

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

Do not lose hope, I believe quite that Rockstar still has time to announce it today, let's wait a few more hours and see what happens.
According to my time zone, I think we still have 4 or 5 hours to wait, if nothing happens we will have to wait for the next days or weeks.

ARC8_1982
  • ARC8_1982

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

If not released before summer holidays,then my bet goes to autumn,imagine pc version released on september 17th 2014,quite possible,also im hoping it will be better port than GTA IV,but its still just wishful thinking...

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

I'm now beginning to think that Rockstar might have been better off releasing GTA V for the PS4. Something tells me they could have made a much better and bigger game than we have now. V would not have these so-called, last gen console limitation excuses some people like to make up for it's disappointingly underwhelming experience. I reckon Rockstar should have done what Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs. 

Wouldn't make that much of a difference because the PS4 is still very limited.

evd
  • evd

Born in coffin.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:07 PM Edited by evd, 22 April 2014 - 07:08 PM.

R* obviously waits for next gens to assimilate. There's no point to deliver next gen version when comparable to the previous generation it wont sell in 1/50 as much.

Secondary, the ng version probably wont be only cosmetically improved, but in my opinion also with new content, something subtle, like lets say more weapons, mini games such as poker, new vehicles, mayby some side missions. 

its all about to sell this game twice for as much as its possible, becouse of console owners, who would like to play in improved version on their new platforms aside of owning old gen version. 

For your own good, let them improve all bugs and add new things, or just buy 200$ console, its not that much when you can afford to have a pc for V, which is probably 3 times more expensive.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by Official General, 22 April 2014 - 08:03 PM.

Wouldn't make that much of a difference because the PS4 is still very limited.

I very much doubt that. Look at Watch Dogs on the PS4 in that new "Welcome To Chicago" trailer, the city in that game seems to have so much detail and vibrancy, and I heard it's got many interiors. I reckon GTA V would have better served by the PS4.

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:43 PM Edited by psycho_realm747, 22 April 2014 - 07:44 PM.

GTA V on next gen could solve a lot of bugs that are caused due to the old hardware.

For instance,the rendering of the game while going fast in a car,especially online or the short draw distance on the sniper scopes.

I would like to see it on next gen for smoothness and a better fine-tuned version of the game

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Basically, the next gen hardware will improve the draw distance, add proper anti-aliasing, much better textures, better detailed peds/character and environment, much smoother framerate and blah blah blah. Depends if they want better performance rather than the graphics.

• Official General, DraxTheDestroyer and BlackScout like this

evd
  • evd

Born in coffin.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

the graphics in V are satisfying. 

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

Relax we're almost there... sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride. ;)

• Mash1995 likes this

Achi28
  • Achi28

--

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Almost there like in tomorrow? :D

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:24 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 22 April 2014 - 11:24 PM.

Almost there like in tomorrow? :D

I don't think so, but who knows... I've said plenty of times my thoughts in this matter, I'm not going to repeat it again...

But I'm sure it can't be too different from that.
  • ARC8_1982 likes this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

aka TrustedInstaller

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:35 AM Edited by BlackScout, 23 April 2014 - 01:37 AM.

Relax we're almost there... sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride. ;)

>.>
The nice ride in the hype train, which keeps derailing each Tuesday =/
C'mon, release the kraken... 8D *Did I used the meme correctly?*

xeth004
  • xeth004

IR ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:11 AM Edited by xeth004, 23 April 2014 - 06:11 AM.

Now my only problem with this is that I will have time only for one game in June. And closing to the end of spring without a word I prepared myself to be occupied with the puppy, nice and easy without frustration, with the waiting torturing me no more.

But if Mr. R. pisses in the water and releases the baby close to the dog, I'm screwed. I have sh*t to do R*! You trolling bastards.

• Geeky_Guy likes this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 23 April 2014 - 02:54 PM.

Now my only problem with this is that I will have time only for one game in June. And closing to the end of spring without a word I prepared myself to be occupied with the puppy, nice and easy without frustration, with the waiting torturing me no more.

But if Mr. R. pisses in the water and releases the baby close to the dog, I'm screwed. I have sh*t to do R*! You trolling bastards.

Start looking for a a nanny for that puppy... you'll be stuck to the L.S. criminals trio this Summer, either PC or NG consoles. ;)

• ARC8_1982 and Mister P like this

xeth004
  • xeth004

IR ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

Start looking for a a nanny for that puppy... you'll be stuck to the L.S. criminals trio this Summer, either PC or NG consoles. ;)

Amen for that!

I seriously admire your positive passion and faith about it coming very soon. Although what you said and predicted does really make sense, I'm still a bit shaky on this.

Another thing that decreased my excitement a little is that the job offering at R* NYC, the "trailer editor" is still open.
If it has nothing to do with V NG, then no worries.

But if it's actually indeed the position for the announcement trailer by any chance, then we are screwed.
'Cause putting together the right trailer is gonna take some time. But apparently they still haven't even found a guy for the job, so...
Except if they left it active on purpose to deceive the crowd-- Aww... I'm going nuts again.

At this point, I really don't know what to expect anymore.

Francis44
  • Francis44

WRC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Funny thing, today while watching tv I noticed for the first time in some months a GTA V ad, with no specific platforms on the ad, just the V logo in a black background.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by gamerzworld, 23 April 2014 - 10:08 PM.

I knew you'd use the "Rockstar is not a single studio" argument. This does not work at all. Do you think Sony would release a PS5 and then another branch of sony would release PS6 months later while that other branch is still promoting PS5? Yeah no.

Are you seriously comparing an additional platform release of a game to the release of a videogame console and its successor? I'm afraid, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Xerukal's point is valid. Rockstar consists of more than just one studio, and each of them is doing another job. There is Rockstar New York who are planning everything related to marketing, and they are the ones who post on the official Rockstar newswire, as far as I'm aware. There is Rockstar North who develope GTA, and there are Rockstar Leeds and Toronto who are porting games to mobile platforms, next-gen platforms, PC, and more. And there are plenty more studios who either censore games for the Japanese market, develop other games, et cetera. GTA Online is probably controlled by various of studios at the same time, since there are millions of players and moderation is required due to hackers and cheaters.

There are various departments, each of them is doing their own job and they do not affect each other as long as we aren't talking about the development of games. In that case, it's a different story because if a game is near completion then all Rockstar studios work on it simultaneously.

Anyway, the bottom line is that these are two entirely different cases that aren't compareable at all. A game is a game. A console is a console. Two different things.

Current Studios:
Rockstar NYC - Marketing, publishing, producing, writing, audio recording
--Rockstar Long Island - Motion capture, many former employees of Perspective Studios
Rockstar Leeds - Was Rockstar's mobile studio, recently ported LANoire to PC and created the GTAV iFruit App.
Rockstar Lincoln - Localization and QA studio
Rockstar London - Seems to be mainly a helper studio, finished Manhunt 2 and created MCLA Remix
Rockstar New England - Helper studio, purchased after porting Bully to Xbox 360
Rockstar North - AAA studio, GTA, Agent, etc.
Rockstar San Diego - AAA studio, Red Dead, Midnight Club

-- RAGE Technology Team - Works on the RAGE engine, works out of the same office as San Diego
Rockstar Toronto - More recently a porting/helper studio, may have changed after they merged with Rockstar Vancouver

Studios working for Rockstar that they don't own:
War Drum Studios - Ported Max and GTA 3 trilogy to mobile, possibly still doing more work for Rockstar

Studios that don't actually exist:
Rockstar Japan - Never really existed as a studio, just merely a label for Rockstar in Japan that became pointless after the Capcom deal stopped. Japanese localization is handled by Rockstar Lincoln. As to why Wikipedia still lists it, some idiot power user on there keeps changing it back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users