Photo

GTA V: Next Gen Console Discussion

514 replies to this topic
OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

Just wanted to make a thread where we can discuss all the rumors and news that come out regarding next-gen versions of GTA V, which I really hope does happen. It would make sense since Rockstar can make more money and completely milk the game. Would you like to see a next-gen port of GTA V? Would you buy it? For which system?

I did not see a thread on this, so I apologize if there has been one already.

http://www.examiner....e-server-issues

Linc.
  • Linc.

16 5 5™

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

I would not buy it due to the fact that I do not own a next-generation console nor do I intend to purchase one within the next year from a business point of view I can completely understand why Rockstar would release a port onto the next-gen platforms. There's no doubt it would sell well and would likely hit the top of the gaming charts for a single console release in addition. For this reason I believe that Rockstar would make a large profit in releasing a version of Grand Theft Auto V on the next-generation consoles and in the money-obsessed society that we live in I think it is likely that Rockstar will in fact release it within the next year or so, possibly within a few months of a PC version should it ever be released.

:^:
  • Skitzo100 and Cakelover21 like this

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:13 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 06 January 2014 - 11:16 AM.

Since I'm now the owner of a PS4 I hope GTA V does appear on next gen systems.  Normally I'd say that if something is a sure fire way to make money, and it doesn't conflict with some other profitable endevour then a company listed on the stock market is almost certain to pursue it.  Rockstar isn't like most companies though.  For example they never released Red Dead Redemption for PCs.  They're not predictable in the way companies like EA and Activision are.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about future GTA V releases.  It's entirely possible that there'll be no PC or next gen release.  Having said that, given what Rockstar have said regarding their vision for GTA Online, I think GTA V will likely appear on PS4, XBox One and maybe PC.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:02 AM

I wouldn't make any assumptions about future GTA V releases.  It's entirely possible that there'll be no PC or next gen release.  Having said that, given what Rockstar have said regarding their vision for GTA Online, I think GTA V will likely appear on PS4, XBox One and maybe PC.

Jesus... the game is hitting the PC soon, and if it is actually a PC version and not another port it will be on NG consoles you can bet on that. Sorry to say this but with what you wrote and the way you wrote it seems that you've been living under a rock in the last year.

king_tee
  • king_tee

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:02 AM Edited by king_tee, 07 January 2014 - 01:02 AM.

It's entirely possible that there'll be no PC or next gen release.  

seriously??........ no really? how is such ignorance even possible at this point especially on this forum? my god some of you have really been living inside a hole for the past year....here ya go.

https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml

use CTRL +F and search for "PC". PC is mentioned over 200 times and was in development since as far back as early 2012 in tandem with with 360/ps3 versions, meaning it's not a port. rockstar confirmed on twitter that when they develop their pc games side by side with consoles its not a port. here so you can im not making this stuff up

https://twitter.com/...590539901972480

there's also the ifruit app files and the rockstar social club files which show the PC version was in development since long ago

http://www.cinemable...sets-59178.html

http://www.rockstarn...lub-files-on-PC

and this..

nu7h8.png

all of this information is from months ago or even a year ago. and more recently there is this line of code in november inside one of the visual files of the ps3 disc, confirming the game for PC yet again, but also for next-gen.

BjqvOMA.png

http://www.reddit.co...proofish_thing/

there's also this discovered way back in august.

gta-v-source-code.png

http://www.cinemable...Code-59102.html

and then a rockstar graphics programmer in october stated on their resume that they were currently working on the next version of a famous ip. key word here is next version  which means its a re-working of a previous version, and not a new game. the listing was removed quickly after it was posted.

Rockstar.png

and lastly, we should never forget about this, from sony themselves.

uGvVyv.png

and if anybody actually believes that was a mistake.....all i can say to you is knfnpned.jpeg

• Skitzo100, Osho, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:06 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 07 January 2014 - 09:09 AM.

Since I'm now the owner of a PS4 I hope GTA V does appear on next gen systems.  Normally I'd say that if something is a sure fire way to make money, and it doesn't conflict with some other profitable endevour then a company listed on the stock market is almost certain to pursue it.  Rockstar isn't like most companies though.  For example they never released Red Dead Redemption for PCs.  They're not predictable in the way companies like EA and Activision are.

Maybe you two are just stupid so I've emboldened two key parts of my previous post that you seem to have trouble comprehending.

To say it's impossible that there will be no PC or next gen release of GTA V is ludicrous.  You'll notice that in the second emboldened section of my comment I say that I think it's likely that GTA V will appear on those platforms.

Just so there's no misunderstanding I'm talking to S1LV3R W0LF and king_tee.

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'm thinking Rockstar will eventually put it on PS4/XBO. The SP version will have slightly better graphics and bonus features like more weapons or special cars or something to give people an excuse to buy it. Yeah, it will sell well, but if they really want to swim in my money they'll offer North Yankton (and maybe LC?) as an exclusive for next gen GTA Online.
I see a PC release as more likely by a little, however.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:49 AM Edited by Osho, 07 January 2014 - 09:50 AM.

I don't think they should waste their time again on next-gen (X1 and PS4) instead start working on GTA 6 and go for all platform releases in future. 

• Dutch Psycho and Syphiroth like this

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:12 AM Edited by poklane, 07 January 2014 - 10:20 AM.

I hope they'll release it on PS4/XB1, but it needs at least these things for me to buy it:

- Everything I've done in GTA Online on the PS3 needs to be carried over the PS4. I don't feel like starting all over again. Also if somehow save files for the SP can carry over, or I can get bonuses for completing the Story on PS3, that'd be nice.

- Increase in maximum number of players. At least 24, but I (and a lot of other people) would like to see 32.

- As an addition to the point above, exclusive content in terms of jobs: big 'maps' for Deathmatches and Captures that suit 32 players, and racing tracks that support 32 players.

- Also have some exclusive content for people who already own the current-gen (PS3/Xbox 360) version. I'd say 1 cool car and 1 gun.

- All (free) DLC released on PS3/Xbox 360 so far needs to come with it, on the disc would be even better. CE/SE DLC should also carry over for free.

- Increase in performance and looks: better graphics, higher definition (900p native bare minimum, but should be 1080p native if possible). Also the frame rate needs to be better obviously, just like loading times.

- Better servers. The servers we have now are f*cking awful.

- It would be nice if I don't have to pay another €60,- for the game. If they somehow could do a upgrade program similar to games like Ghosts and BF4, that'd be f*cking awesome!

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

I would laugh if there was an announcement for the PC version and everybody went crazy and started making topics and sh*t then all of a sudden like a month before release of PC they say:

"We are sorry to inform you that the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V has been delayed. We are sorry for this inconvenience and we hope you won't take this too hard. We have an official release date for the PC version which will be Spring 2016. We want the game to be as good as it can be on PC. We hope you understand as this is something we are truly looking forward to ourselves. 

Yours Truly,

The R* Team

Oh man that would be some f*cked up sh*t. LMAO!

• poklane likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

I don't think they should waste their time again on next-gen (X1 and PS4) instead start working on GTA 6 and go for all platform releases in future. 

HAHAHA, right.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

There will definitely be a PC version so stop arguing about that. 

I'm not sure what will happen regarding next gen versions. I own both a PS3 and a PS4. I have V on PS3 already but I would definitely buy it again for PS4. 

IF there is a next gen version I think it will be released at the same time as PC version (whenever that is gonna happen). They could easily be working on all three versions at once (PC/PS4/XB1) as I believe the PS4/XB1 have similar architecture to that of a PC. 

The next gen consoles haven't even been out for 2 months yet and they already have a combined total of at least 5.1 million owners. A huge game like GTA will attract more people to pick up a NG console. Not a lot though since of course many will have already played it on a PS3/360. Only a small percentage of gamers will be waiting on a PC/PS4/XB1 version having not played it on a PS3/360. Also, many people will be more than happy to purchase the game again. There is definitely money to be made for Rockstar.

I don't see any reason for them not to release a NG version but what do I know? I'm not Rockstar/TakeTwo. We're just going to have to wait and see what happens but yes I would buy the game again for my PS4. 

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

If they were going to release it on next gen, they might as well just wait 2 years nad make a new game. Start from scratch, or even keep the same everything but on a map that has more than a city and a wasteland. Wouldnt buy it for xbone because it didnt really last very long on 360. Even GTA IV lasted a couple of years and held some surprises.

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

Creative Genius

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Right now I'm watching Bad Boys 2, such a classic film. The scenery and action makes me miss Vice City even more. Liberty City & Los Santos have had the HD remake, I think Rockstar need to reboot probably the most popular GTA game ever and get us back in Miami!

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:09 PM Edited by alex3, 07 January 2014 - 01:10 PM.

I think they will release a new edition of GTAV with the upcoming DLCs on next gen and PC. (Like IV's ''Episodes from Liberty City'')

• king_tee likes this

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Right now I'm watching Bad Boys 2, such a classic film. The scenery and action makes me miss Vice City even more. Liberty City & Los Santos have had the HD remake, I think Rockstar need to reboot probably the most popular GTA game ever and get us back in Miami!

R* talked about Vice City returning in GTA before, but they said that one huge part about Vice City as a location was the era it was in. I doubt Miami would work in a modern setting, and I rather see LC, SF or LV.

• matajuegos01 likes this

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

Regarding GTA VI, I've always thought that it'd be a HD remake of Vice City but I'm not sure. The only other cities are San Fierro or Las Venturas. My vote would go to Las Venturas.

Anyway, I don't think they should just ignore PS4/XB1. They are obviously working on a PC version so it wouldn't be hard to bring it out on PS4/XB1. If there is a PS4/XB1 version it will have been developed alongside PC so it'll be nearly finished. 

Don't worry about GTA VI. A next gen version of V won't get in the way of it. 

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 07 January 2014 - 02:05 PM.

Regarding GTA VI, I've always thought that it'd be a HD remake of Vice City but I'm not sure. The only other cities are San Fierro or Las Venturas. My vote would go to Las Venturas.

Anyway, I don't think they should just ignore PS4/XB1. They are obviously working on a PC version so it wouldn't be hard to bring it out on PS4/XB1. If there is a PS4/XB1 version it will have been developed alongside PC so it'll be nearly finished. 

Don't worry about GTA VI. A next gen version of V won't get in the way of it. 

Only those two cities? You are no true GTA fan. Go away.

Lukezordz
  • Lukezordz

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

I'd buy a more polished copy with content that was cut put back into the game.

Otherwise, I'm not going to spend £50 for what will essentially be the exact same game.

king_tee
  • king_tee

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:52 PM Edited by king_tee, 07 January 2014 - 09:00 PM.

I think they will release a new edition of GTAV with the upcoming DLCs on next gen and PC. (Like IV's ''Episodes from Liberty City'')

^^ this guy, he's actually smart. 

i also thinks its hilarious how many people in this thread and other places are STILL say things like "IF" theyre going to release on ng", or "i doubt theyll release it on ng", despite having concrete proof of plans for NG directly from rockstars files and right in your faces. you guys wouldnt know facts if you tripped on them. smh

• alex3 likes this

king_tee
  • king_tee

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'd buy a more polished copy with content that was cut put back into the game.

Otherwise, I'm not going to spend £50 for what will essentially be the exact same game.

your sig is mesmerizing. where is this whore from?

• TheTruthOnly and Lukezordz like this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

I am undecided. I do have a PS4. I think mostly for me, it will have to depend on if the SP DLC has been released or not. If the SP DLC is released prior to the next gen version and if they have no other SP DLC coming out, then i would not buy it. But if they release the DLC at the same time as they put out a next gen version i would. 

The only game i have for PS4 is AC4 which i do have also for PS3 and the game is a night and day difference. For me it will be hard to go back to the PS3 

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

I don't understand why Rockstar didn't release the PC version if they were working on a PC version at the same time they were working on the PS3/Xbox 360 versions. That's strange. Did they do it just to piss people off?

king_tee
  • king_tee

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

I don't understand why Rockstar didn't release the PC version if they were working on a PC version at the same time they were working on the PS3/Xbox 360 versions. That's strange. Did they do it just to piss people off?

pacmoney.jpg

milking-fracking.jpeg

• RyanBurnsRed, theGTAking101, Lamborghini1335 and 2 others like this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 07 January 2014 - 11:38 PM.

Maybe you two are just stupid so I've emboldened two key parts of my previous post that you seem to have trouble comprehending.

To say it's impossible that there will be no PC or next gen release of GTA V is ludicrous.  You'll notice that in the second emboldened section of my comment I say that I think it's likely that GTA V will appear on those platforms.

My main language isn't English but far as I know I still understand it and you wrote "It's entirely possible" when far as it goes it's not possible at all unless they like to waste money, time and resources. There is NOTHING but the past with RDR that makes that a possibility, it's the opposite.

What we said was that your first sentence it's impossible to happen at all, and it's not just the "idea of Rockstar for online..." that makes it a possibility, it's way more then that.

So before insulting someone for correcting you, you should look at a mirror first.

bluekingskin
  • bluekingskin

Gone fishin'

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:16 AM Edited by bluekingskin, 08 January 2014 - 12:20 AM.

I bought the Collectors Edition for Xbox, and I'd happily buy it again (standard ed obviously) for my PS4, if they even do make it for it. GTA is my favourite game series, I await every game from the moment I've completed the last one. All I'm thinking is that if Rockstar don't release GTAV on PS4 and Xbone, we're in for a probable 4 or 5 years until we have a current-gen entry. I'll nearly be 30. Maybe even 30. :(

edit: I'd love another "spin off" entry like VC and SA, set in VC in the HD universe, on PS4 and Xbone, as an engine tester and foundation builder for Rockstar like IV was, released in late 2015 maybe?

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

pacmoney.jpg

milking-fracking.jpeg

That doesn't make sense though. Rockstar would have made a bunch of money if they released a PC version from the get go. I don't think they would make MORE money for a PC version by delaying it heavily. They're going to make a lot of money regardless. The only thing they accomplished by delaying a PC version is pissing off people. But, I guess PC fanboys can be happy that more work has probably went into the PC version than the console versions and will be the "best" version of the game you can play.

• DeafMetal likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:44 AM Edited by Xerukal, 08 January 2014 - 07:46 AM.

pacmoney.jpg

milking-fracking.jpeg

That doesn't make sense though. Rockstar would have made a bunch of money if they released a PC version from the get go. I don't think they would make MORE money for a PC version by delaying it heavily. They're going to make a lot of money regardless. The only thing they accomplished by delaying a PC version is pissing off people. But, I guess PC fanboys can be happy that more work has probably went into the PC version than the console versions and will be the "best" version of the game you can play.

Careful with the fanboy generalization. The PC version is the only version, for some. Because "some" don't have a console, or are not comfortable with one, for whatever reason.  

At this rate, considering talks of a PC version are pretty much everywhere at this point, the sales would explode if the game hit Steam within the coming months. Although, they would've exploded even harder if the PC version was released alongside the consoles. 

It's funny how Rockstar kind of convinced themselves, or rather, people convinced themselves, that the PC version would hurt sales so drastically. Please, the console sales would still be of gargantuan proportions within the first day, let alone the "1 bil in 3 days" mark everyone loves to brag about. 

How Rockstar thought that PC gamers with confident machines will somehow just give into the hype and buy a (dying) old-gen console to play ONE game, is absolutely f*cking beyond me. And how they thought this would be more profitable than general PC sales on launch day, is even further beyond me. Oh, sure, there's the people that own both consoles and PCs, but those people would've given in back in November (like me, lol). It's January now. There's noone left on the PC side to care about giving in, except for buying the inevitable PC version. 

Judging by build logs leaked in September/October of 2013, the PC version ran into some issues. The delay is most likely due to those issues + implementing new stuff that is going into the console versions as updates. 

• 1987_EC likes this

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

My main language isn't English but far as I know I still understand it and you wrote "It's entirely possible" when far as it goes it's not possible at all unless they like to waste money, time and resources. There is NOTHING but the past with RDR that makes that a possibility, it's the opposite.

What we said was that your first sentence it's impossible to happen at all, and it's not just the "idea of Rockstar for online..." that makes it a possibility, it's way more then that.

So before insulting someone for correcting you, you should look at a mirror first.

I say it's possible that there won't be a next gen or PC release of GTA V.  You're saying that's impossible.  I think you need to check the definition of "impossible."

From the Oxford Dictionaries website:

not able to occur, exist, or be done

Rockstar not releasing GTA V on PC or next gen may be an unlikely scenario but it's not impossible.   RDR is a perfectly valid example that demonstrates that Rockstar has overlooked the PC in the past.

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

^^ this guy, he's actually smart. 

i also thinks its hilarious how many people in this thread and other places are STILL say things like "IF" theyre going to release on ng", or "i doubt theyll release it on ng", despite having concrete proof of plans for NG directly from rockstars files and right in your faces. you guys wouldnt know facts if you tripped on them. smh

LOL, thanks :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users