» «
Photo

Anyone like taking road trips?

37 replies to this topic
thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:54 AM Edited by thatGuyyy, 03 February 2014 - 08:55 AM.

The thing I loved about this game is the realistic freeways. The vehicles flow smoothly and they drive at the right speeds. I occasionally like taking road trips around San Andreas using the outermost freeway that wraps around the whole map. Sometime I stop and take pics. Driving around sunset is the best time, the scenery is just amazing. Driving at night is fun too, just gotta be more careful of hitting deers. I try to keep it realstic so I usually use Michaels main sedan for my adventures

Oh and sometimes I steal a semi and pretend I'm a trucker

• Parky., Doland J. Trump, MagzGTA and 2 others like this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

I do the same thing as you. I just take a car that has enjoyable handling and then drive around the outer freeway which circles most of the map

• Osho likes this

DaJeroen
  • DaJeroen

Beep Boop

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

Remember the trucking mission back in SA? Good times :lol: !

• epoxi, lizardman563 and im_stoned like this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

I challenge you to a duel! :evilgrin:

OT: Yeah, freeway's are a lot more enjoyable in V rather than IV. Listening to the engine as you speed down the freeway making Vapid Stainer drivers sh*t their pants and giving you the finger. :^:

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Oh gawd.. the freeways in iv! Get on. Accellerate. The freeway ends. Yes I know. I hyperbolize. ..but it's nice to have a good flowing freeway system to play with.

Can't wait to see them do the SF freeways as well. Those are some great interchanges.

Sometimes I'll have a destination on the other side of the map and on my way will get distracted by playing "tag" with those on the road by hitting them, pitting them or otherwise trying to provoke the AI reactions.

Giles Flaggot 1
  • Giles Flaggot 1

Giles Flaggot 1

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Absolutely!!!

Customized my Vigero, metalic maroon, added spoiler,black star sport rims, highest acceleration, best engine, left the suspension as is and most importantly no turbo (I don't like the hissing sound on muscle cars)

The game-world is so incredibly detailed which makes road trips an absolute pleasure to drive around for hours, plus the car handling is a massive improvement :)

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

For me its all about the dirt roads of zancudo canyon. Most fun I have had driving on any game.
  • thatGuyyy likes this

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

"Danger zonnnne".

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hell yea! Sometimes I go on a boys road trip with all 3 protags in a station wagon, radio blasting as we thunder down the highway :)

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

I love doing this...on my western bagger though...

Turn off the radar and you will really find yourself immersed in the beauty of the map

• fac316 and SingularSoul like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

I drive as Trevor cos I like his comments.

I set off from Sandy Shores about 6pm, hit the freeway and head on up to Paleto Bay to watch the sunset. Maybe hit the Group Six van if its there, and then top up my armour with the free pickup from behind the sheriffs office, then into the forest for a cruise down to Chumash.

If its a nice evening I might take a stroll on the pier at chumash and listen to the hipsters practicing their british accents before heading down to LS.

I don't go in the city, I run up by the cemetary at Pacific Bluffs and up and over Tongva Valley pass (there are often some fine automobiles parked near the White Water Rafting place if mine is a bit battered) and then back to Harmony and Sandy Shores.

Awesome.

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

The freeways can be very relaxing, and I would do this more often but the radio songs all make me feel tired

I wish we could add custom mp3s to keep the radio interesting. Playing my stereo in my room isn't quite the same

• sSphInXx and Mr Pickles like this

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

ahhh the spirit of GTA is alive and well in this thread :]

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

I also like to pretend I`m a trucker but the distinct lack of prostitutes at the truck stops breaks the immersion.

• RememberToTaper likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Oh f*cking yes I did! :)

Doing this made me enjoy the game when there weren't nuisances. I loved taking Michael's pimpin' silver Benefactor Schwartzer (equipped with a carbon fiber roof, a tint, a street tranny, a badge grill, and smoked Bene. rims) on a freeway cruise where I barely had to steer. I tuned the SFX down and relaxed listening to Los Santos Rock as I cruised in my Schwartzer. It is amusing to just sit back, relax, stay on the freeway, and slowly watch the Los Santos Metropolitan slip away to a more pristine countryside with mountains in the distance.

I wish there was a freeway that just looped around the whole map with no stop signs and no cops. That would be hot.

But cruising and going on trips is one of the few things that really make me admire V. I remember doing that with the Zion too, I have pictures of my trips with it on GTA Wikia. I cannot imagine how I would feel doing my own road trip in real life in a decent car. That would be lovely.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:10 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 03 February 2014 - 08:42 PM.

A carbonizzare and Los Santos Rock Radio. For those epic moments.  :cool:

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

I challenge you to a duel! :evilgrin:

A duel with your semi's? Oh boy this is turning awkward pretty quickly.  :panic:

Anyway, yeah I used to like that. Nowadays, I only head up to Grapeseed. It kinda feels like the map ends there. Also, I'm pretty tired of the road as soon as you pass Chumash. Too easy to drive full speed, too little to see. 

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Every once in awhile but there's nowhere really to go (Paleto Bay blows), and nothing to do when I get there.

Oh, and cops. Nothing ruins a a nice cruise faster.  

• Deadly Target and fac316 like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hey, we're only doing our job. ;)

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

Indeed. I thought I was the only one who felt this way. One minute I am enjoying a cruise and pass a sitting highway patrol. Next thing you know, you hear those irritating sirens and one of those scripted cop chases begins. And I know it sounds silly but it is annoying because either the car being chased will hit me and f*ck up my car, the cop will run into me and a god awful cop chase starts with me, or the dumb cop starts shooting and the even dumber drivers will speed up and might even ram you with irritatingly strong force. It just got old and was one of the reasons why not even relaxing could make me fully enjoy V.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

I love the highways in V as well, particularly how nice they look. The lines actually look painted on and you can actually see texture in the road. Its fantastically done. 

• Invader_swift and Scaglietti like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

The freeways are lovely. That's why I wish there were more. I don't know why but I have always loved freeways in games. GTA had never satisfied me when it came to them until V came out. III era freeways were a joke and a nightmare (SA), and IV had the Plumber's Skyway but it was too narrows, short, and flowed too slow with traffic.

I like what we have in V but I wish there was an extra rural freeway with more scenic surroundings and curves. With these curreny textures, that could be extraordinary.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Indeed. I thought I was the only one who felt this way. One minute I am enjoying a cruise and pass a sitting highway patrol. Next thing you know, you hear those irritating sirens and one of those scripted cop chases begins. And I know it sounds silly but it is annoying because either the car being chased will hit me and f*ck up my car, the cop will run into me and a god awful cop chase starts with me, or the dumb cop starts shooting and the even dumber drivers will speed up and might even ram you with irritatingly strong force. It just got old and was one of the reasons why not even relaxing could make me fully enjoy V.

I rarely see chases when I'm on freeways, if they happen they never hit me. Cops in this game are surprisingly good at avoiding your vehicle

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

I do like to drive in GTA V although I wouldn't say I take road trips as pretty much all the time I drive its to go somewhere rather than to just drive around the city.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

I set off from Sandy Shores about 6pm, hit the freeway and head on up to Paleto Bay to watch the sunset. 

I'm sure you've already seen it, but check out the sunset from route 68, roughly around the los santos customs. Its awe inspiring when bright orange/pink and Mt. Josiah in the background. As beautiful as the sunset on RDR from Armadillo.

jaspas
  • jaspas

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

I like road trips. Sometimes I take a road trip to the end of a cliff.

• Gutslab likes this

Hakosuka
  • Hakosuka

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:24 AM

I don't like it personally because if you're going at a constant speed of ~60 mph, the car stays in 3rd gear and doesn't shift into a higher gear for "cruising" purposes. It gets annoying because the car backfires every second and I hear the engine sound at a loud pitch for a long amount of time. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of a good engine/exhaust, but it gets irritating if the car stays at a higher RPM and all you're hearing is a loud exhaust without any change in tone. I would enjoy it more if the game had the automatic transmission of GTA IV, which actually acted as an automatic transmission (switches to higher gears as you're cruising, drops gears upon acceleration) or if the game had a manual transmission mode :(

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

I love GTA5 highway system But *R should improve the Train and bus system as well, Why every subway station is copy and past all train stations need to be different/unique

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

I love GTA5 highway system But *R should improve the Train and bus system as well, Why every subway station is copy and past all train stations need to be different/unique

LA has sh*tty public transit so I'm not really concerned with buses/trains

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by sexboxlive, 04 February 2014 - 06:29 PM.

Nm

JKenny615
  • JKenny615

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

I usually enjoy taking my Coquette and cruising down Route 68 starting from the East end, love the scenery.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users