Grand Theft Auto: East Coast 1979

69 replies to this topic
Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

Leading by example, Andreas is the man. Great mission.

And I can't let South Boston go by without the obligatory Eddie Coyle mention.

• Blingy likes this

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

Andreas is a real badass motherf*cker... every action of him is "above" brutal, but he is likeable. What really pisses Javier off is that Andy's getting him deep into his sh*t. After all Javier is a wild, dangerous bastard, although he is the king of this town, he would get them all killed... you can never be sure when you get a bullet in your skull. This mission has included lots in my opinion... Javier really wants to do things on his own but is also afraid of Andreas, but I mean who couldn't... Andreas is a clusterf*ck... he may chop Javier into pieces with the machete exactly like how he did on one of his guys who screwed up if he pisses him off. My prediction is that somehow Javier will see a space and start running his own things. On the other hand, that was a hell of enigma Andreas stabbed that guy over and over on the chest because he wanted to tear apart from Andy over a weed beef. 

Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

I like this, dude. This looks promissing. I really loved the part of the vehicles. Looks good. Looking for more updates! Peace

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:31 AM

Hi, I have had a read of your concept thread and I think it sounds good. I am suggesting the following edits in regards to the police wanted levels. I have made edits to your original post in the quote below;

One Star (*)
Gained by committing an offense in front of a police officer, running over a police officer, damaging police property or public property, stealing a car, murdering a pedestrian.
L.E. Level: Local Police/County Sheriff.
Two Stars (**)
Gained by stealing a police vehicle, murdering more than one police officers while wanted, caught while drug dealing, prostitution, blowing up a car when the police are around, illegal street racing
L.E. Level: Local Police/County Sheriff.
Three Stars (***)
Constantly killing police officers, caught while smuggling, caught while robbery, operating heavy machinery (cranes, planes etc) without a license or any sort of permission
L.E. Level: County Sheriff/State Police, SWAT/ESU.
Four Stars (****)
Exceedingly committing murder while wanted, Exploring restricted areas
L.E. Level: State Police, SWAT/ESU.
Five Stars (*****)
Committing WAY too many murders and crimes while wanted, Exploring military bases without stealth
L.E. Level: SWAT/ESU, Universal Agencies, Military Police (while on military bases).
Six Stars (******)
Either you are a terribly unlucky man, or a seriously deranged psychopathic hypocrite. Escaping this wanted level will be a bigger miracle than a Christmas miracle.
L.E. Level: Universal Agencies.

Law enforcement will change dramatically in this edition of the series. Featuring a vast map and a significant amount of countryside, EC79 will have many different law enforcement agencies. Different agencies will have different jurisdiction areas. While in a one or two star wanted level, evading wanted stars is possible by simply getting out of the jurisdiction area. This is not possible in 3 stars as SWAT is then onto the area and this will only result in a drop of the wanted level. Linked law enforcement agencies will allow different agencies to track down a criminal for them outside their jurisdiction. However, Some agencies like the FIB may not always be present for busting but when a crime is rather detected.

I hope you take my suggestions on board, bengalboy_0701. I have further suggestions in regards to LE Agencies/Jurisdictions coming soon. :)

Cheers.

Kamd
  • Kamd

"Robbing banks in Sanandreas"

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 October 2014 - 03:37 PM

Wait are there any screenshots yet

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Loading... Please wait.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:38 PM

@PhilBellic - Thank you very much and yes, I have.
@Kamd - Well, this is a concept thread. They're not really known for screenshots, but the ideas and missions. Also, this isn't a mod, either.

Kamd
  • Kamd

"Robbing banks in Sanandreas"

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:19 AM

Oh wait..okay i thought this was a mod then it would be awsome

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Loading... Please wait.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:14 AM Edited by bengalboy_0701, 12 October 2014 - 08:19 AM.

Yeah... we concept writers get that a lot.

Also, I've been meaning to bump this thread anyway, but I really hadn't gone ahead with it 'cause I had nothing to post. I got 3 missions ready and written up but I am not sure which one I should have gone through with, so currently I'm rehashing them, maybe post all 3 of them when my pc connection is working again. Last time it did I only managed to sort out some of the links and that was it.

bengalboy_0701
  • bengalboy_0701

Loading... Please wait.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:39 PM

Mission 10: Convoy Invasion
Protagonist: Javier de Costa
This mission is triggered by a marker in front of Nathan's house.
~Cutscene 1~
Javier arrives in Nathan's garage, like the countless other times, and finds a black pickup with a mounted machine gun in the back, with 4 ammo crates.
"Hey, man! How's it going?" Nathan greets Javier.
"What's this truck for, a job or something?"
"Sort of. I was just gonna call over to talk about it."
"What is it?"
"I'm gonna rescue my brother from jail. He's a genius! Acted like a retard and got himself to transfer to an asylum somewhere in the Midwest, called Darkwoods or something like that, convoy's en route. We're gonna hit that bus and get him out."
"Let me guess, I'm the gunner?"
"That's exactly what I was gonna talk to you about. You coming with?"
"Sure, man. I haven't got too many thrills since working for that greek gimp Andreas anyway, so what the hell."
"Great! Get in, you drive."
Javier and Nathan get inside of the pickup. Getting in the truck, Javier makes a remark about the contraption in the back.
"The gun must've cost you a fortune, though."
"I don't care. My brother was like my father to me, man. Didn't know my real dad, but he didn't let me feel it. There's nothing I won't do for him."
You now play as Javier. Take Nathan to the prison convoy en route to Darkwoods on the highway carrying his brother.
Driving Conversation:
"So, what's with your dad?"
"Don't like to talk about it, man."
"That's odd."
"What's odd?"
"The fact that you can talk about your wet dreams in a heartbeat and not about your daddy issues. Must be a serious one."
"Don't know much about him, Jason say he abandoned us, never had foster parents, mom died shortly after I was born."
"Sorry."
"It's alright."
"Your brother, his name Jason?"
"Yeah."
When you approach the convoy, the second cutscene will be triggered.
~Cutscene 2~
The convoy consists of 3 cars, the main bus in the middle, and two state troopers out back and front.
"Javier, try and get on the back, we need to get rid of that trooper if we want to get through to Jason! Go back and use the gun!"
<end>
Now, as Javier, you must use the special controls to get through to the back of the truck and use the mounted gun to destroy the trooper.
"Okay, I'll try and get you closer to the bus, there's probably a crowbar back there somewhere, take it and when you get on it, use that to open the doors!"
"How do I get on?"
"JUMP!"
Nathan will get you closer to the bus. In the meantime, look for the crowbar and pick it up. When you are close enough, Jump. Use the special controls to open the door using the crowbar.
"Who here is Jason Hunter?"
A man in his mid-to-late thirties announces "That's me."
By now Nathan has aligned the pickup with the bus. Jason, without asking, jumps straight on in a heartbeat. Now you have to do the same. Align yourself with the Truck and jump.
"Take the road through the woods, Nathan. Much easier to not get attention that way." Jason says to his brother.
~Final Cutscene~
The pickup pulls up at an abandoned house in the woods. Nathan, Jason and Javier get off.
"Thanks, man. For the help." Jason shows his gratitude to Nathan.
"Don't mention it, big brother! I'm always there!"
Nathan goes inside the abandoned house, while Jason talks to Javier.
"So, we never got to introduce ourselves. I'm Jason Hunter."
"Javier de Costa."
They shake hands as Jason shows Javier the way to civilization.
"Now, Nathan and I will have to lay low for the night so we're staying here. You can go back, this looks like the middle of nowhere, but it ain't. East Carcer's a stone's throw, just keep following the road through there."
"Sure. Thanks."
"Pleasure."

MISSION PASSED

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Fantastic mission! Some punchy dialogues in there, really felt like something straight out of the games.

Did I hear right that you've written two or three more missions after this one? I hope your connection straightens out so we can see more soon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users