Photo

To those who are complaining about Yoga and Cash Cards

107 replies to this topic
TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 06 February 2014 - 08:52 PM.

Drug wars would have made much sense with Trevor.

I whole-heartedly agree. Drug Wars with Trevor (And with the help of Franklin to please everybody, and it also makes sense with the story) would've been much better than the drug runs we can do.

I actually really, really like this idea. Trevor and Franklin (And maybe Michael sometimes) doing drug wars everywhere around Los Santos would be fantastic.

Writing that script would be fun, that's for sure.

• Capitalist Communist likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

@MasterFocker: You did strike me as biased. I wasn't being biased in my original post, I was simply stating why the led-bys points were invalid. He was making justification for the lack of certain features in V by saying that they were irrelevant. But this is GTA and a lot of features are irrelevant.

Also why did you bring up Franklin and gang wars. Did I say that I wanted that? No.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:33 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 06 February 2014 - 09:33 PM.

@MasterFocker: You did strike me as biased. I wasn't being biased in my original post, I was simply stating why the led-bys points were invalid. He was making justification for the lack of certain features in V by saying that they were irrelevant. But this is GTA and a lot of features are irrelevant.

Also why did you bring up Franklin and gang wars. Did I say that I wanted that? No.

How did I strike you as biased? By agreeing with something you didn't agree with? I could say you're biased because you didn't agree with him and I did. But I didn't say that.

Neither of our posts showed bias straight out.

Just curious, what activities are irrelevant in GTA 5? And we're talking about activities here, not features.

I brought up Franklin and gang wars because that was the example Fuzzknuckles used, and I used it as an example of the 'it's a sandbox' logic you were using.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

@ Masterfocker

Come on bro, you're being a bit ignorant and also biased at the same time. It appears Stingray's assessment of you is accurate right now. Like he said, there are many things in GTA that are not always relevant to the story, so your point really holds no weight. On top of that, gang wars were still relevant to the story, because they would have easily fitted into Franklin's story anyway, because Franklin has a gang background, that is that, there is nothing else to it. I struggle to see why you constantly fail to see the clear logic in this. Why not just say you don't like or wanna see gang wars in the game like Lucchese and those guys ? You're better off just saying that rather than make bullsh*t excuses for Rockstar not including a popular feature like gang wars in the game.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

No, it doesnt fit Franklin's story. He said it himself that he doesnt want anything to do with Gangbanging, he did create something with Lamar but that wasnt to fight for territory, Lamar himself says that everything would be fine if people stayed on their own side of the tracks.

Also as the drug market has been doing bad, thats why instead of selling drugs and sh*t people sell weapons so they can kill each other easily. Even Armando says that in one of the Weazel news coverages of the situation.

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Drug wars would have made much sense with Trevor.

I whole-heartedly agree. Drug Wars with Trevor (And with the help of Franklin to please everybody, and it also makes sense with the story) would've been much better than the drug runs we can do.

I actually really, really like this idea. Trevor and Franklin (And maybe Michael sometimes) doing drug wars everywhere around Los Santos would be fantastic.

Writing that script would be fun, that's for sure.

My word MasterFocker, what's got into you? Is this sense I see? This gives me hope for humanity after seeing one of Rockstars staunchest defenders coming to the realization that at LEAST one thing in GTA V was very poorly executed and could have been much improved upon, as a result I shall be rewarding you with a like to wear as a badge of honor, now when you get old and have grandkids you will be able to tell them you were acknowledged by a man with a brilliant mind.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

I bought the game mainly for the yoga practices.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:27 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 07 February 2014 - 01:14 AM.

@ Masterfocker

Come on bro, you're being a bit ignorant and also biased at the same time. It appears Stingray's assessment of you is accurate right now. Like he said, there are many things in GTA that are not always relevant to the story, so your point really holds no weight. On top of that, gang wars were still relevant to the story, because they would have easily fitted into Franklin's story anyway, because Franklin has a gang background, that is that, there is nothing else to it. I struggle to see why you constantly fail to see the clear logic in this. Why not just say you don't like or wanna see gang wars in the game like Lucchese and those guys ? You're better off just saying that rather than make bullsh*t excuses for Rockstar not including a popular feature like gang wars in the game.

I would love drug wars in the story. Why would I not want them in?

Gang wars would not easily fit into the story, because of how the story was told. I just explained this in my last comment to you. The way R* told it, it'd feel piled on just for being in the game. I'd rather have an in-depth Gang War activity, not one just for the sake of being one.

If they just dropped Gang Wars into the story as it is, it'd feel weird, like it's not supposed to be there. Franklin's always saying how he hates this life, and yet he's continuing it!? Why!? Especially when he has it in with Michael! It's the same situation that was with TBoGT (At least to me).

Now, if R* made a Gang Wars DLC, which adds Gang Wars into the game with a story behind it, that'd be awesome, because it would make sense.

Also, there's this idea, courtesy of Woggleman:

"Drug wars would have made much sense with Trevor."

This. This exactly.

And then even better: Drug Wars with Trevor, with Franklin helping along. Now, why would this be any different that Gang/Drug Wars with just Franklin? This actually makes sense.

Franklin's helping Trevor because they're buds. Put Michael in there sometimes and there goes all the complaints about Drug Wars. And the best part? It wouldn't need a DLC, because it already fits into the story.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on bro, you're being a bit ignorant and also biased at the same time."

How? By saying I want activities to make sense with the story? 

Let's say Michael, throughout the story, complains about how much he hates...Bowling.

Would you see Michael bowling as an activity? No, it makes no sense! I mean, Michael was constantly complaining about it, so why is he doing it!?

Same situation with Drug/Gang Wars. (Yes, I know it could happen. Anything can happen. R* should've written the story better).

You could make bowling available, just not with Michael. And that's where the idea I presented (Thanks Woggleman) before comes in.

"Like he said, there are many things in GTA that are not always relevant to the story"

I wouldn't say many. I'm fairly certain, that in GTA 4 at the very least, there's very little, if any, activities that don't relate to the story. (I can't check right now, the map is being recoded).

Also, small activities, such as bowling and darts, don't need a reason. They're a very small activity that's just used to put more activities in the game.

Gang/Drug Wars aren't a small activity like that. They gotta have a reason. They can't just be thrown on, because that would make them stupid.

"On top of that, gang wars were still relevant to the story"

They weren't, though. Could they make sense with Franklin? Maybe. But the only think Franklin does that touches gangs is the first couple of his missions with Lamar dragging him into it. They definitely weren't relevant to the overall story.

"because they would have easily fitted into Franklin's story anyway"

Again, not easy, not unless you don't care about things not making good sense.

"I struggle to see why you constantly fail to see the clear logic in this."

I don't. Just because someone has a gang background, doesn't mean they're gonna get pulled back into it. If someone has a background of smoking crack (And they're getting away from it/got away from it), do you think they're gonna go to a crackhouse because their friend told them to? Probably not, but it could happen. Probably not, though. This is what I'm saying.

Capitalist Communist: I have a bunch of complaints about the game. I hate the story, for one. There's not enough to do in the Desert, for two. I just don't constantly spew it like a lot of people.

Also, I only actually fight people when they're just spewing hate with no rhyme or reason, and are unreasonable. Like the comment you quoted, I have discussions with reasonable people. People like SonofLiberty, Official General, etc.

I mean, God, this game isn't even my GOTY. You people think I love this game more than I actually do.

I only defend it as much as I do because of all the unreasonable hate coming from members.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

The way I see it, the gang war situation could go either way. It's true that Franklin wants nothing more to do with that way of life, apparent in his dialogue with Lamar during the first few missions and also gets into it when they hang out during that time. But, similar to Luis getting sucked into drug wars with Armando & Henrique, he can't bring himself to say no when helping Lamar. So I don't doubt this could have been included, at least before Franklin makes enough dough with the heists and moves to Vinewood hills. However it's not an issue for me either way. Same goes for Michael doing yoga...it might as well not exist once I did it in the required mission, but I understand why it's there even though I don't personally feel it's necessary as an activity.
  • TheMasterfocker likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

The way I see it, the gang war situation could go either way. It's true that Franklin wants nothing more to do with that way of life, apparent in his dialogue with Lamar during the first few missions and also gets into it when they hang out during that time. But, similar to Luis getting sucked into drug wars with Armando & Henrique, he can't bring himself to say no when helping Lamar. So I don't doubt this could have been included, at least before Franklin makes enough dough with the heists and moves to Vinewood hills. However it's not an issue for me either way. Same goes for Michael doing yoga...it might as well not exist once I did it in the required mission, but I understand why it's there even though I don't personally feel it's necessary as an activity.

That's how I see it, except I think it's more in favor of not happening than being dragged into it. Especially when Franklin starts getting heist money.

Which is why Woggleman's idea is fantastic. It solves all the problems.

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:20 AM Edited by Capitalist Communist, 07 February 2014 - 01:20 AM.

Capitalist Communist: I have a bunch of complaints about the game. I hate the story, for one. There's not enough to do in the Desert, for two. I just don't constantly spew it like a lot of people.

Also, I only actually fight people when they're just spewing hate with no rhyme or reason, and are unreasonable. Like the comment you quoted, I have discussions with reasonable people. People like SonofLiberty, Official General, etc.

I mean, God, this game isn't even my GOTY. You people think I love this game more than I actually do.

I only defend it as much as I do because of all the unreasonable hate coming from members.

This is my problem with you and those who are like you, I and many others feel as though the hate is completely justified, you even said yourself that you were not exactly overwhelmed with the whole exprience, so why do you constantly defend it? Did you create it? No. Do you work for R*? No. So as far as I'm concerned the only one being unreasonable is the people like you who will defend a lacklustre, overhyped, unfinished game that the developers had at least 5 years to make with a budget just shy of claming the title for the most expensive production in all entertainment in the entire history of the universe as we know it, and what do we get? Yoga and a B-script storyline but according to you the hate it receives is unwarranted, if anything the game doesn't receive nearly as much hate as it truly deserves.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:48 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 07 February 2014 - 03:16 AM.

This is my problem with you and those who are like you, I and many others feel as though the hate is completely justified, you even said yourself that you were not exactly overwhelmed with the whole exprience, so why do you constantly defend it? Did you create it? No. Do you work for R*? No. So as far as I'm concerned the only one being unreasonable is the people like you who will defend a lacklustre, overhyped, unfinished game that the developers had at least 5 years to make with a budget just shy of claming the title for the most expensive production in all entertainment in the entire history of the universe as we know it, and what do we get? Yoga and a B-script storyline but according to you the hate it receives is unwarranted, if anything the game doesn't receive nearly as much hate as it truly deserves.

I didn't say the hate is unwarranted. I said the people who constantly spew stuff like:

"OMG Cockstar sucks this game is sh*te"

"Why?"

"f*ck you"

^^Actual conversation, shortened down. Then there's the people who blatantly lie:

"f*ck R* for promising us all these things that never came true!"

"What did they promise us that didn't come true?"

" *Incoherent hate that has nothing to do with the topic at hand* "

^^Also an actual conversation.

Oh, my favorite is AtomicPunk. Boy, he was a riot.

"This game is sh*t. There's only one lawnmower. We can't customize tractors. I'm stupid (I added this)"

"...I don't even..."

^^Oh boy, that was a fun conversation.

Like I said, the people who spew unreasonable hate (I think you may misunderstand what I mean by unreasonable. I don't only mean hate that shouldn't be hate because it's either wrong or just plain retarded *cough*lawnmower*cough*, I also mean hate that's presented by a 3 year old. "OMG f*ck Cockstar, those lazy bitches blah blah blah." When you discuss hate respectfully, and present it in a good manner, and actually discuss it instead of being a f*cking douchebag, it helps get your point across a Hell of a lot better than screaming and being retarded) are retarded and need to be argued with. Some come to their senses. Some don't.

It's not my problem.

You, from what I've seen (I could be wrong because I don't remember perfectly), kinda fall into a new hate category. You say you hate the game, yet I've never seen you discuss what you hate about it (Or you do, but then insult and berate people who disagree and try to discuss it), and then you yell at and berate members for absolutely no reason (I remember that topic where you called Blood-In-Diamond names with literally zero provocation, and I remember other cases too).

If you discussed what you didn't like in a  respectful manner, it'd be a lot better.

Read this: http://kotaku.com/i-...-fro-1500603631

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

I liked the story tho. Golf and Tennis were awesome and probably my favorite activities in the game. Yoga was cool, i think it was a joke to see some fat dude struggle to bend which i found funny. ohtu.png

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

Some people just don't agree that the game deserves all this hate. People have different opinions. 

• TheMasterfocker likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

Woggleman: I don't see anything wrong with you liking the jet pack or anyone else for that matter. To me it was nothing special, but I don't see what the fuss about it not being including in GTA IV. Personally I think those complaining about GTA V's driving being more casual friendly hold more weight than the SA fanboys who complained about GTA IV not having a jet pack.

I guess some GTA IV fans have made some ridiculous complaints, but generally speaking most seem to be annoyed at features that were in GTA IV and were excluded or have been included, but in a half assed way. I'd consider this to apply to GTA V's friends system for example.

I do think removing a beloved vehicle is a bigger deal than tweaking the driving a bit so that people so that your average player can enjoy it more than IV. It's not even that arcadey. I can slide and drift just fine. 

IV was a much bigger departure from SA than V is from IV. As much as I liked IV I can understand why a SA fan would first play it and go WTF is this?

I don't really hate GTA V's driving per say, but I still prefer GTA IV's and I've loved the driving in GTA IV since it came out. Can't you at least understand why some people don't like the change from GTA IV's to GTA V's?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

Woggleman: I don't see anything wrong with you liking the jet pack or anyone else for that matter. To me it was nothing special, but I don't see what the fuss about it not being including in GTA IV. Personally I think those complaining about GTA V's driving being more casual friendly hold more weight than the SA fanboys who complained about GTA IV not having a jet pack.

I guess some GTA IV fans have made some ridiculous complaints, but generally speaking most seem to be annoyed at features that were in GTA IV and were excluded or have been included, but in a half assed way. I'd consider this to apply to GTA V's friends system for example.

I do think removing a beloved vehicle is a bigger deal than tweaking the driving a bit so that people so that your average player can enjoy it more than IV. It's not even that arcadey. I can slide and drift just fine. 

IV was a much bigger departure from SA than V is from IV. As much as I liked IV I can understand why a SA fan would first play it and go WTF is this?

I don't really hate GTA V's driving per say, but I still prefer GTA IV's and I've loved the driving in GTA IV since it came out. Can't you at least understand why some people don't like the change from GTA IV's to GTA V's?

I do to a point but before the game out they greatly exaggerated how arcadey it was.  

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:16 PM Edited by Official General, 07 February 2014 - 08:38 PM.

I would love drug wars in the story. Why would I not want them in?

Gang wars would not easily fit into the story, because of how the story was told. I just explained this in my last comment to you. The way R* told it, it'd feel piled on just for being in the game. I'd rather have an in-depth Gang War activity, not one just for the sake of being one.

If they just dropped Gang Wars into the story as it is, it'd feel weird, like it's not supposed to be there. Franklin's always saying how he hates this life, and yet he's continuing it!? Why!? Especially when he has it in with Michael! It's the same situation that was with TBoGT (At least to me).

@ Masterfocker

And I've just explained myself to you too. It looks like I'm gonna have to do so again. Bro, gang wars would easily fit in the story for Franklin, because it is already in the story. It just was not not expanded upon. Franklin is still gang affiliated and he still helps out Lamar during their gang troubles. Lamar got into beef with the Ballas, and Stretch was secretly double-crossing the Families and helping the Ballas - that is more than enough to drop gang wars in the story for Franklin. For the last time, Franklin's distancing himself from gang activity does not automatically mean that he would never ever have anything to do with gangs, that's just not always the case. You cannot always use that as a reason to say gang wars don't make sense in the story. Franklin's side of the story was supposed to cover gangs in the first place, there is no argument against that - the only thing that is not clear here is why Rockstar made such a sh*t job of it. 

And in my view, there were many things about GTA V's story that just did not really make much sense. And if somethings in the story did make sense, they still felt out of place and too far-fetched. Let me just say FIB/IAA/Merrywether and end it right there. And this pursuit of the dollar theme was totally lost on me. Don't wanna go into all that again, because it's not the main focus here, but that's the kind of bullsh*t in the story I'm referring to. If anything gang wars has more relevance and is much more suited to the story than that stupid, boring government agent stuff - that's just my opinion of course.

Now, if R* made a Gang Wars DLC, which adds Gang Wars into the game with a story behind it, that'd be awesome, because it would make sense.

I'd have even settled for this, if it had been included in the main game as a side mission feature that was continuously replayable. I would not have been to bothered about the tiny amount of gang and hood action in the game had this feature been included in the game.

@ woggleman

I'm not too fussed about the driving in GTA V, it was the least of my gripes with the game, but even I will admit that it felt too arcadey compared to GTA IV. I don't think that fact can be ignored or denied. You cannot surely say the driving was not arcadey in V, when it's clearly the case. It would have been better for the cars in V to have had more realistic handling like IV's, because the cars in V look f*cking supreme, so it's a shame really. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

@ Masterfocker

because it is already in the the story. It just was not not expanded upon.

Franklin is still gang affiliated and he still helps out Lamar during their gang troubles.

Lamar got into beef with the Ballas, and Stretch was secretly double-crossing the Families and helping the Ballas - that is more than enough to drop gang wars in the story for Franklin. 

1) And there's the problem. It wasn't expanded upon. That's why just throwing it on would feel out of place. At least to me.

I'm not denying gang warfare isn't in the story. It is. But it's just such a small part, and the more Franklin does things with Michael, the less he wants to do with Lamar. The only reason Franklin helped out Lamar near the end is because he is his best friend, and even then he took his time to choose whether or not to do it.

2) Yes, he does. But that stops after he and Michael start spending more time together and doing more things.Gang/Drug Warfare would've worked great before we met Michael, and in the early stages of it, but it wouldn't really fit later in the game.

3) Like #2, that was before Franklin really distanced himself from everyone.

However

Let's just end it there, alright? It's obvious we're not gonna agree on this. So, let's move onto this:

Woggleman's idea, with mine added onto it:

Trevor is the one that does Drug Wars. It makes sense with the story, and it's Drug Wars. On top of it, he can get Franklin and sometimes Michael to help him, because they are the '3 musketeers' and it makes sense within the story. I know I certainly would've preferred this over the drug smuggling or whatever Trevor's drug thing was.

And then we always have possible DLC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users