To those who are complaining about Yoga and Cash Cards

107 replies to this topic
Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

Don't worry, when GTA6 comes out V will be praised for everything, including yoga, because 6 will be the one it's cool to hate.

• golf wang and CantThinkOfOne2013 like this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

This is something I have been meaning to say for a long time, and I was going to say it in a response to a post in a previous topic, but that topic got locked just as I finished typing (just my luck).

Secondly, yoga, I will be the first to admit that yoga is boring (but it is leaps and bounds better than GTA SA's frustrating dance and hydraulic minigames, and GTA SA was my second faviorute GTA, although the fanboys sometimes make me ashamed to admit that), but Heavy Rain had brushing your teeth, rocking babies to sleep and other boring junk, Beyond: Two Souls (I have not played it, just head about it's features) apparently is no better, the game involes you doing things like cleaning up your apartment and other boring stuff. Apparently that's okay, because those games are about the story, but if GTA V has yoga as a small little insignificant thin in a broad game with loads of other stuff to do, it's the end of the world.

Overall, yes, GTA V may have those little flaws, but it's nothing when you consider the scope of the game, other games such the ones mentioned have comparable flaws which are far worse, yet those games get a free pass because they are story driven.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Metal Gear Solid 4 only has 4 hours of actual gameplay in it's single player mode, so that plus said issues with paying for things online equals a package with poor value for money, regardless of storytelling quality.

This.  Ironically, those 2 features may have been excessive for some fan boys.  But I don't think ppl realize how much these mini games added to the diversity/variety of the sandbox activities outside of story mode. With the exception of the hydraulics mini game you had to beat (to pass that mission where you met  Ceasar V. for the first time), all of those mini games were 100% optional.  If you didn't care to pass missions like that the fair way, you could always use cheats or trainers.

The hydraulics mini game was no different from having to race and beat Caesar that first time to continue the game.  Or passing flying school, which is one mini game that killed 100% complete in SA for a lot of fan boys. 

Same for yoga in V.  If you don't like it, you're not required to do it outside of that one story mode mission. R* provided other alternatives like golf, tennis and if you got creative, KO street NPCs and escaping the resulting wanted level. :lol:

• CantThinkOfOne2013 likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

Yoga is only a part of one mission and at the end you get that cool drug trip scene. After that you can completely ignore it and it isn't even required for 100%. Also yoga is a form of exercise so it isn't much different than lifting weights and running on a treadmill.

Don't worry, when GTA6 comes out V will be praised for everything, including yoga, because 6 will be the one it's cool to hate.

Yup. People will complain about too many interiors and will complain about the less aggressive police and say that the wanted levels were dumbed down and scaled back for casual gamers just like they do with driving.

• lol232 and CantThinkOfOne2013 like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

Yoga is only a part of one mission and at the end you get that cool drug trip scene. After that you can completely ignore it and it isn't even required for 100%. Also yoga is a form of exercise so it isn't much different than lifting weights and running on a treadmill.

Yup. People will complain about too many interiors and will complain about the less aggressive police and say that the wanted levels were dumbed down and scaled back for casual gamers just like they do with driving.

This, and like SonOfLiberty said about lifting weights and running on a treadmill, "Atleast you don't get a sore thumb from constantly bashing buttons".

But this topic is not about whether or not yoga is a bad or good addition, it's about how story driven games are doing comparable things which are a lot worse than yoga or cash cards and how they got no criticism, yet GTA V cops the hate.

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:21 PM Edited by Capitalist Communist, 03 February 2014 - 11:25 PM.

Ah, yet another uneducated peasant, allow me to enlighten you, all those games you named are linear games about the "good guys", GTA is an open world crime sim, what aspect of an open world crime sim does yoga fit into?

As for the hydraulics, SA was based around a gangbanger form a fictional LA, a group of people well known for their use of car hydraulics, that aside there is no way that can be used to justify yoga in Grand Theft Auto, your thread is rubbish and unsubstantiated, go away.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

Ah, yet another uneducated peasant, allow me to enlighten you, all those games you named are linear games about the "good guys", GTA is an open world crime sim, what aspect of an open world crime sim does yoga fit into?

As for the hyrdolics, SA was based around a gangbanger form a fictional LA, a group of people well known for their use of car hydrolics, that aside there is no way that can be used to justify yoga in Grand Theft Auto, your thread is rubbish and unsubstantiated, go away.

Ah, yet another one who did not fully read my post, this is not a topic about defending yoga or saying that it belongs in the game, I said that I would be the first to admit that yoga is boring, and just because those games are linear games about 'good guys', that doesn't make brushing your teeth in a game enjoyable, and people may find this hard to believe, but every game has to be enjoyable regardless of genre.

What this topic is about is how GTA V can have certain flaws (in this case, Yoga and Cash Cards), but other games are getting away with comparable but worse flaws because story driven games get a free pass and there is no excuse for Metal Gear Solid 4 being a cash grabber, when a game has only 4 hours of gameplay in it's single player mode and the online mode requires you to pay real money for content rather than unlocking it, and requiring you to pay real money for something as simple as a new character slot, that is not okay in a game whether it's linear or open.

• PeriodZeroHero likes this

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

As for the hyrdolics, SA was based around a gangbanger form a fictional LA, a group of people well known for their use of car hydrolics, that aside there is no way that can be used to justify yoga in Grand Theft Auto, your thread is rubbish and unsubstantiated, go away.

Ah, yet another one who did not fully read my post, this is not a topic about defending yoga or saying that it belongs in the game, I said that I would be the first to admit that yoga is boring, and just because those games are linear games about 'good guys', that doesn't make brushing your teeth in a game enjoyable, and people may find this hard to believe, but every game has to be enjoyable regardless of genre.

What this topic is about is how GTA V can have certain flaws (in this case, Yoga and Cash Cards), but other games are getting away with comparable but worse flaws because story driven games get a free pass and there is no excuse for Metal Gear Solid 4 being a cash grabber, when a game has only 4 hours of gameplay in it's single player mode and the online mode requires you to pay real money for content rather than unlocking it, and requiring you to pay real money for something as simple as a new character slot, that is not okay in a game whether it's linear or open.

"every game has to be enjoyable regardless of genre." After seeing this line of thought, I must apologize for previously labelling you as an uneducated peasant, you are now a young noble but you are not yet a king, why are you not yet a king? You seem unable to differentiate between not only a linear game and an open world game but games that actually have brilliant stories unlike GTA V that are themselves worthy of an Oscar regardless of gameplay, fans of linear games wish to see brilliant story telling and while I haven't played Beyond Two Souls, I have played both Heavy Rain and MGS4 and they are both amazing games both in and out of the cutscenes, what you get is what you payed for so you can't really complain, whereas GTA is supposedly an open world crime sim but the most memorable feature is yoga, this is why yoga is constantly lambasted.

DaltonVirago
  • DaltonVirago

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

WHO.CARES? Some of you guys act like Rockstar changing things or adding news things you don't like is the end of the world. Guess what? We are still free to say "f*ck you rockstar, and your questionable practices". And then, that's it, you don't have to worry about it ever again. I work (f*cking hard) for a living, and I have at least ten games on my shelf I've never spent more than 3-4 hours on. I've never tried to return them or trade them in or, worst of all whine about how bad they are online. I've accepted that they're bad games that I was dumb enough to believe the hype about (XCOM mean anything to anyone?), and moved on. If you don't like what you have, just wait for something better. Is spending your time saying why THIS game sucks going to do anything for you? You don't like GTAV, or how Rockstar laid it out? Get rid of it or stick it on a shelf somewhere to never be played again.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

"every game has to be enjoyable regardless of genre." After seeing this line of thought, I must apologize for previously labelling you as an uneducated peasant, you are now a young noble but you are not yet a king, why are you not yet a king? You seem unable to differentiate between not only a linear game and an open world game but games that actually have brilliant stories unlike GTA V that are themselves worthy of an Oscar regardless of gameplay, fans of linear games wish to see brilliant story telling and while I haven't played Beyond Two Souls, I have played both Heavy Rain and MGS4 and they are both amazing games both in and out of the cutscenes, what you get is what you payed for so you can't really complain, whereas GTA is supposedly an open world crime sim but the most memorable feature is yoga, this is why yoga is constantly lambasted.

Can't agree on that, games that have brilliant stories mean absolutely nothing if the gameplay is sh*t, take Mass Effect 2 for example, I could not stand to play that game for more than 30 minutes - 45 minutes at the most, it had a great story, but the terrible gameplay made it's entertainment value rival waiting for a bus. You still don't seem to be reading my posts, i'm not talking about MGS4's cutscenes (apart from when I say it only has 4 hours of gameplay), i'm talking about how it is a cash grabber, and I fail to see how yoga is the most memorable feature, or even memorable at all, when i'm having fun in GTA V, I forget that the game even has yoga.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by Officer Ronson, 04 February 2014 - 02:09 AM.

NVM, Wrong topic.

DaltonVirago
  • DaltonVirago

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:00 AM

Ah, yet another uneducated peasant, allow me to enlighten you

Can you stop being an arrogant cocksucker for two f*cking seconds? Jesus christ, if you were any more in love with yourself you'd customize a Real Doll to look just like you and ass f*ck it all day.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

Since when was it considered 'cool' to simply dislike or be disappointed with a highly anticipated video game ? How does the process of looking or feeling cool in this instance even work ? Who's gonna see this coolness ?

You make no sense at all.

Did it ever occur to you that it's probably nothing to with being 'cool', it's to do with not liking the game as much as they believed they should have ?
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

The next will involve drug smuggling, not taking scores..... ;)

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

that aside there is no way that can be used to justify yoga in Grand Theft Auto, your thread is rubbish and unsubstantiated, go away.

lolwat?

Tell me you're joking...

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

Official General: Agreed. It's like when people say on here everyone all of sudden started loving GTA IV due to the short comings of GTA V which isn't true because the same old GTA IV haters still hate it generally speaking.

It'll be the same with GTA VI. I doubt the people criticising GTA V will change their minds unless some SP DLC rejuvenates their interest in it. I think some need to understand that most people who criticise a game or a part of it don't necessarily do it to be "cool".

It's mostly because they're genuinely disappointed. I know for a fact when GTA VI releases eventually I'm not going to forgive/forget some of the decisions R* made with GTA V by sweeping it under a rug so to speak. Although in saying that I do like GTA V and consider it to be a fun game in its own right however that's just me.

Jack_Kane
  • Jack_Kane

Grove Street Muscle

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:01 AM

I completed GTA V a month ago, and GTA IV today. I have come to the conclusion that the progress made with GTA V is incredible. The graphics are so good it is fantastic, completing GTA IV has made me realise how amazing a game GTA V is they corrected all the problems, the check points is a brilliant bonus, but the graphics and story line of GTA V for me is sweet and I have played nothing better and struggle to belive that I ever willplay again a game as good as GTA V. How can GTA 6 possibly live up to it?

The online experiemnt of GTA V has went well I think too, sure the hackers can be annoying, as well as people going too far with tanks but generally it gives the game a great extra addition. WELL DONE ROCKSTAR.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:06 AM

Official General: Agreed. It's like when people say on here everyone all of sudden started loving GTA IV due to the short comings of GTA V which isn't true because the same old GTA IV haters still hate it generally speaking.

It'll be the same with GTA VI. I doubt the people criticising GTA V will change their minds unless some SP DLC rejuvenates their interest in it. I think some need to understand that most people who criticise a game or a part of it don't necessarily do it to be "cool".

It's mostly because they're genuinely disappointed. I know for a fact when GTA VI releases eventually I'm not going to forgive/forget some of the decisions R* made with GTA V by sweeping it under a rug so to speak. Although in saying that I do like GTA V and consider it to be a fun game in its own right however that's just me.

Spot on bro.

You nicely elaborated on my last comment. Seriously, it makes you wonder the very strange ways of how people define things in this world.

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

Odd, gona say it tho,

Cash cars, yoga, cops, interiors.. (seriusly ive checked some peopels history and its actully quite scary how obsessed some are with interiors)

anyway All these problems, issues, Bits of the game that are difficult, minigames that nobody really plays. I only ever hear about them Here, On this patch of the internet. you never talk to someone whos a GTA fan, whos like.. 'GTAV had f*cking yoga they f*cking ruind the game!' then proceeds to flip a table over while making chimp noises.

What im saying is... Whys everyone so Full of hate here? But the real world seems to accept this game?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:11 AM

I will admit you have been a IV lover since the start but there are many people who did a 180. I love the game too but R did what any smart company would do when a product if received poorly like IV was.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

I will admit you have been a IV lover since the start but there are many people who did a 180. I love the game too but R did what any smart company would do when a product if received poorly like IV was.
Compared to most people who frequent this section that have been here a couple of years I was here when GTA IV released and I pretty much remember every person (notably anyway) who was critical of GTA IV at the time. Some are still here while others left a long time ago, but most of them would still most likely still have the same sentiments towards GTA IV as they did back then.

I know prior to GTA V's release the GTA IV bashing was pretty bad, but I can't say most have made a 180. GTA IV still gets mindless hate like it did almost 6 years ago.

Most of the people who I've noticed who praise GTA IV are long time GTA IV fans, but then there are others who put aside their biases even they're not fans of it passionately and praise it in areas. Whether it's directly because of GTA V's shortcomings who knows.

Anyway I guess the point I'm making is this sweeping generalization that people who didn't like the previous game all of a sudden start thinking it's a god because the new one isn't as good as they thought is a bit silly.
  • Official General likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:14 AM Edited by Officer Ronson, 04 February 2014 - 04:15 AM.

In all honesty its not because they liked it back then, its because the game has grown over them and they learned to like it and so people dont like change. GTA V was change and so thats why its getting bashed, then the same thing will happen with the next game, and the next.. and the next.. and Niko bellic sucks... and the next.. and the next, a vicious cycle really.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

If it`s keeping on-line in the pink and is generating cash for Rockstar I don`t see the problem with cash cards some people don`t wanna grind eternally for a super car or a tank.I just find it funny that over here in South Africa the Great White Card is R359.900 ($35) for 1.25 000 000 in game and the Great Whale Card is R405.00 ($40) for 3.5 000 000 in game dollars.How many stupid f*cks are buying the slightly cheaper one and getting a third of in game cash instead of paying a little more for way more in game money.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Can't agree on that, games that have brilliant stories mean absolutely nothing if the gameplay is sh*t, take Mass Effect 2 for example, I could not stand to play that game for more than 30 minutes - 45 minutes at the most, it had a great story, but the terrible gameplay made it's entertainment value rival waiting for a bus. You still don't seem to be reading my posts, i'm not talking about MGS4's cutscenes (apart from when I say it only has 4 hours of gameplay), i'm talking about how it is a cash grabber, and I fail to see how yoga is the most memorable feature, or even memorable at all, when i'm having fun in GTA V, I forget that the game even has yoga.

I fully agree. Despite the fact that it outsells every other entertainment medium games are so desperate to be considered art and excepted by the mainstream that many of them have become slightly interactive movies. I am glad GTA is not going down that route. 

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:01 AM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 04 February 2014 - 11:05 AM.

Sadly SOL, I don't agree with you, as always.  :p

It seems that, since V's release, people have been loving IV more than ever. Suddenly there were people who want IV's handling and hate V's and people mysteriously preferred IV's selection of music even though they said it was awful. People started preferring story over gameplay and started liking bowling and said it was fun.

And yes, I believe that they are the same people.

Unfortunately, there is a never-ending cycle which causes players nowadays to prefer predecessors instead of successors. Honestly, the only person I see who originally and still likes IV is you, no one else. 

Trust me, when VI comes out, people will praise V more than ever. It's the way these forums work. 

• golf wang and ten-a-penny like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Honestly, the only person I see who originally and still likes IV is you, no one else. 

Linc(Linki)
Aceray
The Nameless Footsoldier
Secura (Lightning Strike)
Gtaghost22
Tycek
AceKingston
StingrayX

And this is just off the top of my head are all guys who liked GTA IV before GTA V's release and still do now. I can't blame you for thinking I'm the only one since I stand out so much, but I have been here a lot longer and I know my way around fairly well and who likes what.;)

I have no doubt this applies to some people, but not everyone hated GTA IV's physics, music, bowling etc before GTA V's release.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Honestly, the only person I see who originally and still likes IV is you, no one else. 

Linc(Linki)
Aceray
The Nameless Footsoldier
Secura (Lightning Strike)
Gtaghost22
AceKingston
StingrayX

And this is just off the top of my head are all guys who liked GTA IV before GTA V's release and still do now. I can't blame you for thinking I'm the only one since I stand out so much, but I have been here a lot longer and I know my way around fairly way and who likes what. ;)
Yeah. You definitely stand out. Out of all these, you, Ace and (maybe) Stingray are the people who (at least) like V. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

GTA V has yoga as a small little insignificant thin in a broad game with loads of other stuff to do, it's the end of the world.

You're forgetting that this is only a problem for men at the mercy of their machismo, men that feel it makes them less of a man if they engage in a virtual representation of a pasttime that's been enjoyed by countless people for thousands of years - in fact, it pre-dates many organised religions. 

Yoga - it is what it is.  A device that drives the story.

Think about it like this - if it had only been available in a mission then never available after that, people would have thrown sh*t-fits. WHADDAYOUMEANICAN'TDOYOGAOUTOFMISSION???

People will never be satisfied. There are people on here that would complain if you gave them a million dollars, then asked to borrow 10 bucks from them.  

• Osho and Captain Arthur like this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

GTA V has yoga as a small little insignificant thin in a broad game with loads of other stuff to do, it's the end of the world.

You're forgetting that this is only a problem for men at the mercy of their machismo, men that feel it makes them less of a man if they engage in a virtual representation of a pasttime that's been enjoyed by countless people for thousands of years - in fact, it pre-dates many organised religions. 

Yoga - it is what it is.  A device that drives the story.

Think about it like this - if it had only been available in a mission then never available after that, people would have thrown sh*t-fits. WHADDAYOUMEANICAN'TDOYOGAOUTOFMISSION???

People will never be satisfied. There are people on here that would complain if you gave them a million dollars, then asked to borrow 10 bucks from them.  

And what's even worse is that some people believe that yoga is the reason why V didn't have gang wars or drug wars. 

People like that just make me wanna facepalm through my damn face. Like this:

n4fe60bc32e6bd.gif

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Indeed. Yoga didn't 'replace' anything. It was decided by the devs that it was more appropriate than activities from other games that bear NO relevance to the available stories. 

Had Franklin wanted to continue gang-banging, I'm sure there would have been activities that suited that story thread. But that story thread isn't there, so those activities weren't added.

REPEAT : WERE NOT ADDED. 

They weren't replaced with something else. They weren't taken out to make room for another activity. They just weren't added, as they weren't relevant.

I just don't understand why that's so hard for some to grasp. They can't see the bigger picture, they just see disappointment in the lack of things that were never, ever mentioned as being available. Just because it was in an old game, it doesn't mean it SHOULD be in the new one. 

And just because some people don't like yoga, doesn't mean it had no place in the game. 

• CantThinkOfOne2013 and Captain Arthur like this

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:05 PM Edited by Uncle Cletus, 04 February 2014 - 01:36 PM.

@SonOfLiberty - I'm about to say the same thing in kind. I agree that people haven't done a 180 on liking or hating GTA4 because of GTAV. Their opinions have remained fairly constant.

Here I am agreeing with you now. Now I can't tell which of us is the gag account.

For the record - I'm a GTA4 hater. The only one in the series I would not consider playing a second time.

• MiamiViceCity likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users