Photo

To those who are complaining about Yoga and Cash Cards

107 replies to this topic
CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:53 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 03 February 2014 - 06:10 AM.

This is something I have been meaning to say for a long time, and I was going to say it in a response to a post in a previous topic, but that topic got locked just as I finished typing (just my luck).

GTA V cops a lot of unnecessary hate, it's mainly story related hate but their are two other things that people always complain about which gets annoying to significantly worse flaws in other games, however, the flaws go ignored in the other games because they are story driven games.

First of call, cash cards, I have nothing against them because you can still make money by actually playing the game, but I can see why others dislike them. Now for a flaw that is significantly worse (significantly worse is an understatement as this flaw is much worse), Metal Gear Solid 4's online mode (which is now closed) know as Metal Gear Online made you pay real money for extra's, and even additional character slots (now that is cash grabbing that rivals sports games), yet people still go around acting like Rockstar is comparable to Hitler for adding Cash Cards for those who are too lazy too play the game.

Secondly, yoga, I will be the first to admit that yoga is boring (but it is leaps and bounds better than GTA SA's frustrating dance and hydraulic minigames, and GTA SA was my second faviorute GTA, although the fanboys sometimes make me ashamed to admit that), but Heavy Rain had brushing your teeth, rocking babies to sleep and other boring junk, Beyond: Two Souls (I have not played it, just head about it's features) apparently is no better, the game involes you doing things like cleaning up your apartment and other boring stuff. Apparently that's okay, because those games are about the story, but if GTA V has yoga as a small little insignificant thin in a broad game with loads of other stuff to do, it's the end of the world.

Overall, yes, GTA V may have those little flaws, but it's nothing when you consider the scope of the game, other games such the ones mentioned have comparable flaws which are far worse, yet those games get a free pass because they are story driven.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Metal Gear Solid 4 only has 4 hours of actual gameplay in it's single player mode, so that plus said issues with paying for things online equals a package with poor value for money, regardless of storytelling quality.

• DeafMetal, ten-a-penny, Upggrade and 1 other like this

Souzooka
  • Souzooka

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:15 AM Edited by Souzooka, 03 February 2014 - 06:15 AM.

As for the cash cards, it's pretty demonstrable that it isn't just for people "too lazy to play the game," but that Rockstar made the game much more grindy so that people would buy them.

• Udrift and McGoooo420 like this

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:22 AM Edited by Flexx, 03 February 2014 - 06:22 AM.

Don't you dare bad-mouth Heavy Rain you mother f*ck!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

I fully agree. Other games get passes on so many things but something like Yoga which can easily be ignored and isn't even required for 100% gets treated like a gamebreaker.

• lol232, DeafMetal, SuburbansWorst and 2 others like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:24 AM

I don't have an issue with cash cards, but that's because I have no immediate interest in GTAO to care very much. As for yoga I like to make poke every now and then, but really I don't have an issue with it being in the game. However I think you're overreacting a bit to try and make GTA V seme like it's the innocent victim.

SA got flack for its minigames and so did GTA IV. GTA V getting flack for having a minigame such as yoga shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Those games you mentioned are completely different to GTA V. Environmental interaction is a big part of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls.

if what you're saying is true that these games get away with it because they're story driven why don't people complain that you can do boring and tedious activities such as drinking green juice and mopping floors? (Only mission exclusive obviously).

In a game that's mostly centered around stealing cars, killing etc of course a minigame such as yoga is going to come under the gun. It's nothing new. I guess that's what R* faces when they decide to place these kind of things in a notoriously well known crime game.

• IGhostUlt and Drunken Cowboy like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:42 AM

I gotta say that the cash card thing is pretty stupid to complain about. If you're playing GTA, then you're supposed to be 17 years old or older. Which means that you can get a job. Which means you can buy the stupidly low amount of money they cost if you really care that much. I was bitching about them when they were announced, but when they came out with the price, I just laughed it off.

Yoga's still awful though.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

As for the cash cards, it's pretty demonstrable that it isn't just for people "too lazy to play the game," but that Rockstar made the game much more grindy so that people would buy them.

I disagree, I find it relativity easy to earn money if you focus and don't waste money, i'm fine without the cash cards, but like I said, I can see why others dislike them, but surely you can admit that optional cash cards are better than the requirement to use real money if you want more content rather than earning it, and having to pay real money for something as simple as an extra character slot, especially considering the fact that all this is in a game which only has 4 hours of single player gameplay.

Don't you dare bad-mouth Heavy Rain you mother f*ck!

Why? because it's story driven game?

@SonOfLiberty: I understand that environmental interaction is a big part of Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, but that is no excuse for boring mundane activities which get zero people complaining about them, yoga is something that is only in one mission and is not required for 100%, anad I know that it is out of place in a crime game, but so is dancing, bowling and dating. As for green juice and mopping, they are simple button presses (green juice is just something to at a touch of detail to Micheal's house, you don't have to sit there repetitively shaking a controller back and fourth.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

First of call, cash cards v. Metal Gear Online

A big difference here is that most people liked MGO2 - GTA:O on the other hand is a huge wasted effort to a ton of people. As for the cash cards vs what MGO2 does, it's the implementation, and with GTA:O mission payouts being reduced and the whole Online experience being limited by online money, so people will buy cash cards - it's an absolutely terrible implementation that drags the whole thing down. To most people GTA games are a sort of havoc simulator, so being restricted in this way goes against the core gameplay.

Secondly, yoga

Which most people find a waste of resources and a poor mini-game. Again, this is a GTA game - not Heavy Rain, or Beyond (which the latter was received horribly BTW) - and most people here who rag on this are GTA fans, they have high expectations and when those expectations aren't met and then there's something like yoga in the game, that's a thing people can point to and say, "Thing X isn't in the game, but yoga is." People complaining about yoga generally aren't just complaining about yoga, but what didn't make it in to the game in-place of yoga. Did San Andreas have some stupid sh*t in it? Sure, but it blew everyone's expectations out of the water, so who cares, it had everything most people wanted and then more - and then some some side content not everyone liked.

TL;DR: First, stop comparing V to different genres. Second, start comparing it to different GTAs.

• Blingy likes this

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

This isn't the first time it's happened, GTA IV got hated on for bowling, and GTA SA got hated on for the dancing and even the lowrider competitions, oddly enough. Some people are just never pleased, that's life.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

I disagree, I find it relativity easy to earn money if you focus and don't waste money, i'm fine without the cash cards, but like I said, I can see why others dislike them, but surely you can admit that optional cash cards are better than the requirement to use real money if you want more content rather than earning it, and having to pay real money for something as simple as an extra character slot, especially considering the fact that all this is in a game which only has 4 hours of single player gameplay.

Don't you dare bad-mouth Heavy Rain you mother f*ck!

Why? because it's story driven game?

@SonOfLiberty: I understand that environmental interaction is a big part of Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, but that is no excuse for boring mundane activities which get zero people complaining about them, yoga is something that is only in one mission and is not required for 100%, anad I know that it is out of place in a crime game, but so is dancing, bowling and dating. As for green juice and mopping, they are simple button presses (green juice is just something to at a touch of detail to Micheal's house, you don't have to sit there repetitively shaking a controller back and fourth.
Yeah, but dancing, bowling and dating still get their criticisms. As I said this is what R* face when they put stuff like this into their games. Also how do you know that Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls don't get criticisms for these elements?

I'm not apart of any official Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls forum , but I find it difficult to believe they get away with no criticisms at all. Infact I think you would've been better off mentioning Mafia II.

That's a story driven game that gets sh*t hung on it for forcing players to scrub toilets and moving boxes around. I know you don't like it when a game focusses story over gameplay, but even story driven games don't always get forgiven for boring and tedious gameplay elements.
  • Drunken Cowboy likes this

Souzooka
  • Souzooka

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

From what I've heard, R* has nerfed cash and experience payouts, likely to sell more cash cards.

But I don't own a console copy so Iunno.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

The Cheesiest of Vaginas

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Who ever said these features ruined the game?

Most people don't find cash cards favorable but they make R* money without having to expend any profit themselves. Yoga is f*cking stupid and utterly boring, but remains in the game as yet another feature added for blatant "modern California satire".

There's good aspects and bad aspects to GTA V. The "ruiners" are what you said, length, story, characters, plot line, mission structure, etc, etc.

Generally, people like me who (quite openly) lament GTA V's story additionally dislike yoga and cash cards. Consequently, I dislike GTA V, yoga, and cash cards.

There's a good deal of people who dislike yoga and cash cards, and don't take it out on GTA V

And then there's those complete WEIRDOS who like yoga, buy cash cards, and like GTA V.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

As much as I hate yoga, it's nowhere as annoying as the stupid dancing mini game from SA.

So yeah, I guess yoga is not that bad after all.

ArchKnight
  • ArchKnight

Dodge Chargerô

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

I think Yoga and Cash card are an unique addition. People just create unnecessary drama about unfamiliar features.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

As much as I hate yoga, it's nowhere as annoying as the stupid dancing mini game from SA.

So yeah, I guess yoga is not that bad after all.

I didn't really care for the dancing mini game, but at least it was somewhat challenging.  Yoga can't even really be considered a game.  They should have made it require some skill to make it interesting.

• Blingy and im_stoned like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:17 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 03 February 2014 - 09:23 AM.

Funny thing about Yoga is, people are complaining about it just like they complained about the friend system in GTA IV.

Then the next GTA comes out and replaces Yoga with something else, people will complain about that too. Personally I wish there was air hockey, pool, or maybe even drinking games from TBOGT.

Rockstar did it right with the activities in that game. I feel like they perhaps took a step back. Micheal and Trevor don't seem like the nightclub type, but Franklin could totally fit in going to a night club and get drunk or dance with a girl and do her in the restroom, then take her number and hit her up every now and then for a booty call. They should have kept that, especially since this is based on LA.

Don't know what they were thinking during the planning phase of this game. I feel that TBOGT was a real work of art. But then again, I don't even own GTA V. I just played it on my cousin's 360 a few times. So don't mind my opinion  :sui:

• Blingy likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

Yeah, but dancing, bowling and dating still get their criticisms. As I said this is what R* face when they put stuff like this into their games. Also how do you know that Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls don't get criticisms for these elements?

I'm not apart of any official Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls forum , but I find it difficult to believe they get away with no criticisms at all. Infact I think you would've been better off mentioning Mafia II.

That's a story driven game that gets sh*t hung on it for forcing players to scrub toilets and moving boxes around. I know you don't like it when a game focusses story over gameplay, but even story driven games don't always get forgiven for boring and tedious gameplay elements.

I had a look around before posting this to make sure I had my facts right, the only stuff on criticims for Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls and all I could find was one user of a forums starting a post about how they disliked the game, and everyone else going, "story this", "story that", "who cares about gameplay".

As I mentioned before, I really liked Mafia II as the mechanics were (in my opinion perfect), yes there were mundane activities, but they were often button presses rather than QTE's and they felt were far in between, the only reason Mafia II got criticized is because everyone was expecting a game like GTA, which I absolutely hated because if it was like GTA, then everyone would start going on about 'GTA Clones' (an ignorant term). Other story driven games get no criticism for much larger issues, Metal Gear Solid 4 had only 4 hours of single player gameplay as well as the online payment issues that I mentioned, it gets no criticism at all, same goes for Mass Effect 2, a game with awful level design and poor combat.

@SonofUgly: editing my posts to make it look like i'm saying something else, real mature, i'm not comparing cash cards to the quality of Metal Gear Online, i'm comparing cash cards to the fact that Metal Gear Solid 4 + Metal Gear Online is a cash grabber (prove me wrong) as Metal Gear Solid 4 only has 4 hours single player gameplay and an online mode where you had to pay real money for something as simple as a new character slot.

I agree with you 100% here, GTA San Andreas's dancing was the worst mini game in the entire series IMO, so is the hydraulic mini game since it was just a re-skinned version of dancing.

• lol232 and ten-a-penny like this

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:07 AM Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP, 03 February 2014 - 11:07 AM.

As for yoga, people seem to fail to draw a parallel line towards yoga in GTA V and the body building minigames in SA. THINK ABOUT IT! Both of them are tedious and boring minigames, both of them build up your characters stats (Michaels special ability with yoga) and both are controlled by boring button prompts and stick movements.

The only reason why people aren't bitching about how annoying and tedious the body building minigame in SA was is because it was more masculine than yoga!

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

I completely agree with you, I also agree that gameplay is more important than storytelling, but let's face it, Niko, Johnny and Luis > Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Although IV still has its upsides of gameplay that people always miss.

But yes, people have gone too autistic when Yoga was announced It's really only needed in 1 storyline mission, it's useful for increasing your lung capacity and special ability, and it's just fun to do it for the f*ck of it.
Cash cards are for the people too lazy to play the game.
At least it's not as bad as Metal Gear Solid 4.
  • CantThinkOfOne2013 likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:35 AM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 03 February 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Most people don't find cash cards favorable but they make R* money without having to expend any profit themselves. Yoga is f*cking stupid and utterly boring, but remains in the game as yet another feature added for blatant "modern California satire".

There's good aspects and bad aspects to GTA V. The "ruiners" are what you said, length, story, characters, plot line, mission structure, etc, etc.

Generally, people like me who (quite openly) lament GTA V's story additionally dislike yoga and cash cards. Consequently, I dislike GTA V, yoga, and cash cards.

There's a good deal of people who dislike yoga and cash cards, and don't take it out on GTA V

And then there's those complete WEIRDOS who like yoga, buy cash cards, and like GTA V.

Sooo....... Let me get this straight, if people like Gta V, yoga and cash cards, they're regarded as weirdos? But, if people like Johnny, bowling and darts, they're considered as logical people? That's some very nice logic you got there.

People have OPINIONS. That's what people in this forums NEED to realize. The reason why these forums are filled with bickering is because people don't know how to respect others' opinions and learn that they're entitled to them.

What about bowling? That's another COMPLETELY USELESS feature but still, IV fans tell me that "Oh noooooooo it isn't useless! Waaaaaaah!" Bowling and yoga are the same except bowling (I think) takes up a bigger space than yoga.

• EDSTEROK, Jacob-B and CantThinkOfOne2013 like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

Sooo....... Let me get this straight, if people like Gta V, yoga and cash cards, they're regarded as weirdos? But, if people like Johnny, bowling and darts, they're considered as logical people? That's some very nice logic you got there.

People have OPINIONS. That's what people in this forums NEED to realize. The reason why these forums are filled with bickering is because people don't know how to respect others' opinions and learn that they're entitled to them.

What about bowling? That's another COMPLETELY USELESS feature but still, IV fans tell me that "Oh noooooooo it isn't useless! Waaaaaaah!" Bowling and yoga are the same except bowling (I think) takes up a bigger space than yoga.

Neither of them are really useless. IMO bowling provides mild levels of fun considering you can compete against opponents and yoga helps to build up Michael's special ability although I think it would be better if it built up strength instead.

Although yoga isn't my favourite minigame it's better than the damn gym in SA. Atleast you don't get a sore thumb from constantly bashing buttons.
  • CantThinkOfOne2013 and Gta_V_Fan_101 like this

Souzooka
  • Souzooka

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

I have no problem with bowling and the minigames in GTA IV.

Unless they're played with a mouse (erghhasda)

EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

This is something I have been meaning to say for a long time, and I was going to say it in a response to a post in a previous topic, but that topic got locked just as I finished typing (just my luck).

GTA V cops a lot of unnecessary hate, it's mainly story related hate but their are two other things that people always complain about which gets annoying to significantly worse flaws in other games, however, the flaws go ignored in the other games because they are story driven games.

First of call, cash cards, I have nothing against them because you can still make money by actually playing the game, but I can see why others dislike them. Now for a flaw that is significantly worse (significantly worse is an understatement as this flaw is much worse), Metal Gear Solid 4's online mode (which is now closed) know as Metal Gear Online made you pay real money for extra's, and even additional character slots (now that is cash grabbing that rivals sports games), yet people still go around acting like Rockstar is comparable to Hitler for adding Cash Cards for those who are too lazy too play the game.

Secondly, yoga, I will be the first to admit that yoga is boring (but it is leaps and bounds better than GTA SA's frustrating dance and hydraulic minigames, and GTA SA was my second faviorute GTA, although the fanboys sometimes make me ashamed to admit that), but Heavy Rain had brushing your teeth, rocking babies to sleep and other boring junk, Beyond: Two Souls (I have not played it, just head about it's features) apparently is no better, the game involes you doing things like cleaning up your apartment and other boring stuff. Apparently that's okay, because those games are about the story, but if GTA V has yoga as a small little insignificant thin in a broad game with loads of other stuff to do, it's the end of the world.

Overall, yes, GTA V may have those little flaws, but it's nothing when you consider the scope of the game, other games such the ones mentioned have comparable flaws which are far worse, yet those games get a free pass because they are story driven.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Metal Gear Solid 4 only has 4 hours of actual gameplay in it's single player mode, so that plus said issues with paying for things online equals a package with poor value for money, regardless of storytelling quality.

These are not "flaws" and shouldnt be called flaws. These are just a couple of things that some people don't like.

Also, comparing games that did things worst is an arbitrary way of making a point since one can point to other games that did things better.

End of the day you're trying explain away people's opinions. As for my opinion, I could care less if people buy cash cards or glitch for money. It doesn't affect me. I have no idea what the deal with Yoga is, I don't like it, but I don't do it and it doesn't bother me at all.

Uncle Cletus
  • Uncle Cletus

IRRITABLE

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

I think that San Andreas is the greatest game of all time and I still hate Rockstar a little bit for making me make CJ dance on a beach.

• SonOfLiberty and CantThinkOfOne2013 like this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:39 PM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 03 February 2014 - 12:48 PM.

Although yoga isn't my favourite minigame it's better than the damn gym in SA. Atleast you don't get a sore thumb from constantly bashing buttons. 

I think that San Andreas is the greatest game of all time and I still hate Rockstar a little bit for making me make CJ dance on a beach.

GTA San Andreas is my second favorite GTA, but it had some truly awful minigames, the dancing mini game being the worst (I hated Rockstar for it too).

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Hustler

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:39 PM Edited by gtarules_95, 03 February 2014 - 12:41 PM.

WTF man how can you even compare heavy rain to GTA its like a f*cking movie and sometimes you can interact a bit and Metal Gear Solid is a stealth game with a lot of cutscenes

but GTA is supposed to be a fun openworld crime game

so please stop licking Rockstars ass and just admit Yoga along with some other things is bullsh*t

btw I actually like GTA V but it has some flaws and I find it hilarious how you fanboys always try to justify Rockstar

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

I still hate Rockstar a little bit for making me make CJ dance on a beach.

I'm glad we can both agree on something.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

WTF man how can you even compare heavy rain to GTA its like a f*cking movie and sometimes you can interact a bit and Metal Gear Solid is a stealth game with a lot of cutscenes

but GTA is supposed to be a fun openworld crime game

so please stop licking Rockstars ass and just admit Yoga along with some other things is bullsh*t

btw I actually like GTA V but it has some flaws and I find it hilarious how you fanboys always try to justify Rockstar

Did you even fully reed my post?, because it doesn't sound like it. I said that I would be the first to admit that Yoga is boring, I compared it to Heavy Rain because that game has you repetitively shake a controller back and forth to simulate teeth brushing, but no one complains about that the way people complain about yoga, I understand that Heavy Rain is a completely different game to GTA, but gameplay should be enjoyable regardless.

As for Metal Gear Solid 4, I was not talking about it's cutscenes in the comparison, I was talking about how it is a cash grabber (like I said before, prove me wrong) as it's online mode had you pay real money for content, and you even had to pay real money for something as simple as a new character slot, and all this is in a game with only 4 hours of actual gameplay in the single player mode, yet people still complain about cash cards which are not required for any additional content.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

I dont mind cash cards, its not like when I connect to online R* slaps then tells me to go buy some nor does yoga bother me, the DLC might have something better when it comes to it.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

i think it's funny the yoga place mat on mt. Chilliad is conveniently close to a pack of mountain lions so soon as you're done stretching it out you'll have your face chewed off.

Never bought cashcards I reached level 100 on my own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users