Photo

I wish i lived in a world where i could pull up next to player

174 replies to this topic
SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:02 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 04 February 2014 - 07:19 AM.

Learn to read between the lines. Not everything is written in black and white, but the objectives in this game are very obvious.

True or false? Grand theft auto is a game where you have to kill people at some point.

Obviously true. Murder is written into the objectives and the story itself, so part of the game is about murder. As a sandbox, you can choose to make it more or less about whatever you want, but you can't change others choices.

They make the choice to kill you because that's what their game is about. Crying about it is pointless since the game is designed to give them this choice. And seriously, insulting them for making this choice is so ridiculous since they are playing the game the way it was intended to be played.

Perhaps in your fantasy role play, you have other intentions, but that doesn't change anyone else's intent, and your rage will only fuel them to continue their brutal slaughter.

It's a f*cking game. Play it or gtfo.

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:58 AM Edited by Remote Six, 04 February 2014 - 07:59 AM.

They make the choice to kill you because that's what their game is about. Crying about it is pointless since the game is designed to give them this choice. And seriously, insulting them for making this choice is so ridiculous since they are playing the game the way it was intended to be played.

I was with you right up till that last line. Being a spawnkilling dickhole is NOT specifically how the game is "intended to be played". GTAO is about making money and building respect. Killing is a side effect and a means to an end. The truth of the matter is that because the title of the game is Grand Theft Auto then some people think that all it is is a killfest with missions thrown in for flavor. Rockstar was trying to make something new and better with GTAO, but as long as people like you see it only as a freeroam deathmatch that's all it will ever be. Trying to justify your griefing by using the blanket statement "its Grand Theft Auto!" is an excuse, and a weak one at that.

It's a f*cking game. Play it or gtfo.

Who are you to tell these people to get the f*ck out? Your kind bitches and moans about being free to play how you want, yet when people come here and do the EXACT SAME THING you tell them to "gtfo" because they don't agree with you. You're a hypocrite.
  • jessyaudrina likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:03 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 04 February 2014 - 08:08 AM.

For a "sandbox game where you can do anything", you always persist that the game is murder. It's just as much full of murder as it is full of capitalism.

You see me saying it's about money, but hey, I don't go around preaching one thing and another at the same time.

EDIT: I mean, yeah, I agree that it's a game where you cab do anything, but using that same argument to just focus on the killing aspect and shafting literally all other aspects isn't cool.

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

...I assume these losers could not hack it in Unreal Tournament, where it's a fair fight and the only goal is to rack up kills.  Please go back there....

Holy sh*t that's the funniest and most concerning thing I've ever seen. Serious ADHD issues.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

and do in impromptu race or just show off our cars and then be on our way.

NO.....

Instead we get those trigger happy f*cking premi kids that get all nervouse when they see another player 5 ft next to them, so they unload a full clip of AP pistol on you.

Jesus christ...

YOU DONT HAVE TO KILL EVERYTHING YOU SEE PEOPLE! 

You consider image macros to be memes. I would kill you upon sight, too.

The more I think about it, judging from these forums the majority of GTA fans think of image macros as memes. There are many internet sins that can be overlooked and forgiven but the image macro/meme ignorance IS NOT one of them.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:12 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 04 February 2014 - 09:16 AM.

Spawn killing is a flaw on the developers behalf (exactly why I think teleporting is justified), but the OP scenario was when someone drives up to you in a car.

To further my last point, I have put more thought into this and wanted to add...

When you make the choice to go into a public, that means you are choosing to bring you characters fantasy into the realm of the fantasies of any random player who crosses your path. While you make choices for your own character, you have to accept that the choices of others can not be controlled, and you should have known this when you joined.

If the game allows you to do something, expect it to be done. Right and wrong are matters of perspective, and this in not a moral game.

The game is about much more than just murder, but it's fair to say that murder is a big part of the story.

And my statement to play or gtfo was because their isn't a third choice. You either play it, or you don't. I didn't buy COD Ghost for a reason. F*ck that game.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

The game is about much more than just murder, but it's fair to say that murder is a big part of the story.

I agree. I think one of the largest and most enjoyable aspects of the game is tank warfare, which often times just happens to be murder as well. The tank warfare is also a part of the storyline so it's impossible to distance oneself from it (like who would want to!? lol).

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by Remote Six, 04 February 2014 - 09:24 AM.

this in not a moral game.

There is no morality in this. It's only a videogame. Your statement CAN be classified as just another attempt to justify your actions though.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

There is no morality in this. It's only a videogame. Your statement CAN be classified as just another attempt to justify your actions though.

SFBryan18 physically threatens people with violence over PM. It's probably best you just ignore anything he has to say in regards to morals as he clearly he no idea what that word means.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:30 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 04 February 2014 - 09:30 AM.

I agree. I think one of the largest and most enjoyable aspects of the game is tank warfare, which often times just happens to be murder as well. The tank warfare is also a part of the storyline so it's impossible to distance oneself from it (like who would want to!? lol).

Some ways of killing are much less respectable, legit as they might be. Although, the only way someone can kill me these days is jet to jet. I love tanks because I have practically perfected sniping them. If they patched this, I might be more against them.

Successful attempt.

Why do I need to justify anything? Isn't it obvious how this game is supposed to be played? Every single mission we do points us in the direction of how we are supposed to play. Anyone who cries about these objectives is playing the wrong game.

SFBryan18 physically threatens people with violence over PM. It's probably best you just ignore anything he has to say in regards to morals as he clearly he no idea what that word means.

Hahaha. The PM said to come see me in real life if you're so badass. It never issued a specific threat.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:31 AM Edited by Bongsquirrel, 04 February 2014 - 09:32 AM.

Your wish

0_0.jpg

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Always Dapper

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

and do in impromptu race or just show off our cars and then be on our way.

NO.....

Instead we get those trigger happy f*cking premi kids that get all nervouse when they see another player 5 ft next to them, so they unload a full clip of AP pistol on you.

Jesus christ...

YOU DONT HAVE TO KILL EVERYTHING YOU SEE PEOPLE! 

You consider image macros to be memes. I would kill you upon sight, too.

The more I think about it, judging from these forums the majority of GTA fans think of image macros as memes. There are many internet sins that can be overlooked and forgiven but the image macro/meme ignorance IS NOT one of them.

nobody cares what the difference is but you!. Have a meme

264.jpg

this not a meme ??

264.jpg

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Isn't it obvious how this game is supposed to be played?

No it's not and that is the root of the issue. It's just ambiguity. Everyone plays it differently but the problem is that those of you who think that all this game is is constant chaos tell those of us who want something else that we are playing the game "wrong". We don't appreciate that just like you don't appreciate us preaching at you. The bad thing is that you guys attack us personally by calling anyone who doesn't agree with you "fags" and "pussies" and tell us to stop playing. See the problem?
  • 8up local likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

IMO The game is about stealing cars and making scratch. For Me..

Getting killed and killing is just and added bonus.

Ya'll do know your character is a murderous car thief. Some just choose to be more murderous than others. Los Santos and Blaine County is a very very violent place.

Hell, the f*cking police shoot you up  for looking at someone while your getting damn soda.. :miranda:

The sh*t on here, just seems to be an extension of the game. :blink:

.Fiik?

• ll Noble 6 ll likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:05 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 04 February 2014 - 10:09 AM.

Isn't it obvious how this game is supposed to be played?

No it's not and that is the root of the issue. It's just ambiguity. Everyone plays it differently but the problem is that those of you who think that all this game is is constant chaos tell those of us who want something else that we are playing the game "wrong". We don't appreciate that just like you don't appreciate us preaching at you. The bad thing is that you guys attack us personally by calling anyone who doesn't agree with you "fags" and "pussies" and tell us to stop playing. See the problem?

I never said it's "wrong" to play your way, I said the other players are playing correctly. There can be more than one way to play, of course.

What there can't be is an expectation that other players will all make the same choices you do. Crying about the choices they make is pointless.

And I never insulted anyone. I prefer to stay civil so we can have a conversation and reach an understanding. The ones who choose to throw insults usually can't figure out how to make their point without doing so.

Here's the general point:

You like to drive around and race. That's fine. Others like to kill. That's also fine. You get mad when they kill you. Understandable. You want a game where this won't happen. This isn't it. When you join freemode, expect to get shot at because everyone is making their own choices, and most of them will be to shoot on sight.

For those who say "Go play deathmatch". I say, I wish I could, but the matchmaking is terrible. Likewise, you should go play races.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

I'm just saying, money also has a big part in the game as well. That's the point of why everything costs so much and why people even waste their time on cash cards.

I mean, yeah, murder's a big part, but seeing as there's absolutely no intended way to play his game whatsoever (the whole point of calling it sandbox, meaning), this means that OP can use GTA Online as a glorified racing game (with horrid driving mechanics *cough*).

Yes, OP is wrong to say that killing is wrong on a game like this. But then it's also wrong to say he can't use GTA as some racing game.

But seriously if you're planning to start an impromptu race, you invite peeps FROM ONE BLOCK AWAY. That way you don't get killed so easily. Who the hell drives up to someone?

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

i think this thread is getting away from what the OP had in mind i think. it's not "stop killing everyone" it's "stop killing me i want to do something else instead of killing/be killed" i'm pretty sure.

for you people that want to just kill kill kill or blow up peoples stuff all the time, your either being very narrow minded about it or conditioned to think this is the right/only way to play. i have no problem with battling it out with people (even knowing i'm going to get my a$$ handed to me most of the time), but i'm not going to do it constantly and as it's been said countless times, not everyone plays the same. so why not let those people be that are not wanting to PvP, instead of douche bagging them?

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:09 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 04 February 2014 - 12:42 PM.

The other night, I joined a lobby where two British guys came from two blocks away, chased my car and shot me. When I spawned, they came around the corner and lagged past my RPG shot to run me over. This annoyed me, so I spent the next couple hours blasting them with the jet. When they complained about it, I told them they had no right to complain when they are double teaming random people. After their first two kills, they didn't kill me again, but I murdered them several times. Felt pretty badass to exploit the jet like this, but I really wanted them to go grab their own jet so I could fight in the sky. Instead, they had about 5 crew members camp with them and hold down some block by the walk of fame in tanks. I took to the rooftops and sniped them several times out of their tanks and the original two players eventually left the game. Point of the story? Don't get mad, get even. You can't stop them from driving up and shooting you, but you can get revenge in whatever way you wish. That's what happens in freemode.

• rampage08 and Malibu454 like this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by TeammateAssist, 04 February 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Last time I drove up to a parked Sabre Turbo (looked fully modded) with my Buffalo MkII. I challenged him to an impromptu race. Won that. Duh.

Next lobby I spot someone in a Futo, so I did the rational thing and challenged him with the Buffalo. Won while driving in reverse.

Depends on your experience.

EDIT: I mean yeah they're outclassed, but $50 cash prize is a $50 cash prize.

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

After their first two kills, they didn't kill me again, but I murdered them several times. Point of the story? Don't get mad, get even.

Any guesses on what's wrong with that statement?
  • 8up local likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Yeah its hard finding non trigger happy players. I always do a test by driving around and passing by other players to see if they shoot me first or not. Usually if they're cool, i give em a lift or help them if they got griefed. However if they provoke me, well they just failed the test and i will kill them at least twice. If they're being an annoying dick by the mid then usually i mute them and kill them again and again and again lol

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:15 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 04 February 2014 - 02:16 PM.

After their first two kills, they didn't kill me again, but I murdered them several times. Point of the story? Don't get mad, get even.

Even in my book isn't the score card. It's the satisfaction of delivering revenge for starting sh*t with me. That revenge is complete when I feel satisfied. Sometimes after one kill, sometimes after they rage quit. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing. These guys were double teaming and talking sh*t. Enough for me to continue for hours.

Remote Six
  • Remote Six

I am Quantum

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

Even in my book isn't the score card. It's the satisfaction of delivering revenge for starting sh*t with me. That revenge is complete when I feel satisfied. Sometimes after one kill, sometimes after they rage quit. Don't start nothing, won't be nothing. These guys were double teaming and talking sh*t. Enough for me to continue for hours.

I don't know man. I have a friend that thinks like that and I just cant get behind it. For me once the books are even then its done. Going bananas on them is just douchey.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:04 PM Edited by Rezard, 04 February 2014 - 11:05 PM.

Someone accidently kills someone else, misunderstandings occur, and people often send a vengeful volley of bullets your way instead of a question.

I just love when you try to text a guy "sry.  I didn't mean to...", and you hear the "Wasted" sound effect in the background...

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:14 PM Edited by Malibu454, 04 February 2014 - 11:12 PM.

Those dudes sucker punched him and he punched them back harder. Sounds good to me.
That's how it works where I come from.
East coast west coast it's all the same..
The Lazer is f*cking awesome!!
Death from above!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users