Quantcast

» «
Photo

Remove GFWL from GTA 4 and EFLC petition.

48 replies to this topic
nopenope2
  • nopenope2

Player Hater

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:06 PM Edited by nopenope2, 15 March 2014 - 11:07 PM.

I did not know that; thank you! But still, you have to admit Steam us not as great as it looks. I really prefer the RGSC system that works well with MP3. Furthermore, R* would not depend on another platform like GFWL.

Well I don't think we specifically want Steamworks integration. We just want GFWL to be removed, and RGSC to be used instead, like in, you said, MP3.

Btw, why don't you think Steam is as great as it looks?

I liked GfWL but it should be removed before it gets shut down. Signed.

Wat. Who likes GFWL?

But thanks for you signature.

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

I did not know that; thank you! But still, you have to admit Steam us not as great as it looks. I really prefer the RGSC system that works well with MP3. Furthermore, R* would not depend on another platform like GFWL.

Well I don't think we specifically want Steamworks integration. We just want GFWL to be removed, and RGSC to be used instead, like in, you said, MP3.

Well, even though I have a great internet connection, updates generally takes much more time to be downloaded with Steam. Also, I would like my R* games to be listed only on the Social Club.

nopenope2
  • nopenope2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Well, even though I have a great internet connection, updates generally takes much more time to be downloaded with Steam. Also, I would like my R* games to be listed only on the Social Club.

Did you set your local area on your Steam download settings?

CookinSmoke
  • CookinSmoke

PC Gaming FTW

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

I have offical GTA IV (PC) but my stupid Games for Windows Live account can't connect Live. I can't play GTA IV - Multiplayer since 3 months. I opened ticket. Still no answer.

nopenope2
  • nopenope2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

I have offical GTA IV (PC) but my stupid Games for Windows Live account can't connect Live. I can't play GTA IV - Multiplayer since 3 months. I opened ticket. Still no answer.

Sign the petition. It takes a while for them to answer.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

• nobum62 and nopenope2 like this

Not From Russia
  • Not From Russia

^ Is best

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:28 AM

Is this thing even still active .-.

SlaveZer0
  • SlaveZer0

Perveyor of Destruction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

do you think rockstar cares about a 5 yr old game? they are working on GTA V for pc and next gen consoles,,, they are not going to be wasting the time it would take to mod the game to work online elsewhere. so think what you like, but your requests make no sense, especially business sense.

MisterFR3SH
  • MisterFR3SH

Liberty is Love, Liberty is Life.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:37 AM Edited by MisterFR3SH, 17 April 2014 - 10:38 AM.

I signed the petition but I am not really bothered if multiplayer for GTA IV will still be around or not (Still happy that GfWL is shutting down). I know this will replace GTA 4's buggy multiplayer - http://www.multiv-mod.com/ , it will allow people to run their own servers, which is nice.

nopenope2
  • nopenope2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:53 AM

Is this thing even still active .-.

Yes.

do you think rockstar cares about a 5 yr old game? they are working on GTA V for pc and next gen consoles,,, they are not going to be wasting the time it would take to mod the game to work online elsewhere. so think what you like, but your requests make no sense, especially business sense.

Proof of the PC version? I don't see it coming any time soon.

I think it does. A lot of people play this game still.

I signed the petition but I am not really bothered if multiplayer for GTA IV will still be around or not (Still happy that GfWL is shutting down). I know this will replace GTA 4's buggy multiplayer - http://www.multiv-mod.com/ , it will allow people to run their own servers, which is nice.

Nobody plays on that mod, though. And what is buggy about the original MP?

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

I know we aren't allowed to discuss piracy here but I suppose a little bit of discussion (without linking anything) wouldn't hurt. :)

Pirated copies do not require GFWL right? So people will pirated copies will still be able to save and play IV even when the service shuts down?

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Die Hoodrat DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:14 AM

i haven't used steam in a year or so, when my portal 2 install wanted me to connect to the internet to validate after not playing it for a  while (computer hadn't been used in months either). the steam update kept failing, went to steam forums and steam technical support was just being lazy idiots "yes, we know its a problem - too bad"

nopenope2
  • nopenope2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

I know we aren't allowed to discuss piracy here but I suppose a little bit of discussion (without linking anything) wouldn't hurt. :)

Pirated copies do not require GFWL right? So people will pirated copies will still be able to save and play IV even when the service shuts down?

I don't know. I don't pirate.

i haven't used steam in a year or so, when my portal 2 install wanted me to connect to the internet to validate after not playing it for a  while (computer hadn't been used in months either). the steam update kept failing, went to steam forums and steam technical support was just being lazy idiots "yes, we know its a problem - too bad"

Ok.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:21 PM

Has anyone in the modding community tried to emulate R* servers and Multiplayer like some people did with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3?

Better than making things from scratch.

nopenope2
  • nopenope2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Has anyone in the modding community tried to emulate R* servers and Multiplayer like some people did with Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3?

Better than making things from scratch.

There's that mod up above.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:53 PM

I ment multiplayer identical to the one made by R* (enter through phone, same game modes, free mode with traffic, pedestrians, weapon pickups all over the map and stuff) but without the GFWL bullsh*t.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:39 PM

I ment multiplayer identical to the one made by R* (enter through phone, same game modes, free mode with traffic, pedestrians, weapon pickups all over the map and stuff) but without the GFWL bullsh*t.

GfWL isn't that bad, I've never had a single issue with it, except for one time when I couldn't connect on a R* Livestream, but the all the MS servers, along with XBOX LIVE didn't work then.

That MP mod though, is horrible, I prefer the actual MP much more.

nopenope2
  • nopenope2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

I doubt it. 

nopenope2
  • nopenope2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:30 AM

It's happening! 

http://www.rockstarg...29gamespyupdate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users