Quantcast

» «
Photo

Australian-American War

11 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

If you played GTA enough, you must've noticed that they mentioned the Australian-American war a few times, which was evidently a war between Australia and America. What do you guys think about it? Do you think it was legit in the GTA-verse? What years do you think they fought? Why do you think they fought?

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:33 AM

Wait, so in reality the Australian-American to the US is like Hitler to modern Germany? What a f*cking disgrace, I had to grow up with you dirty Americans strapping Kangaroos with explosives, going "Hopping and a killing", knocking out ten guys, but you don't even acklowedge it? No wonder the world thinks America is a braindead country.
  • universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

Wait, so in reality the Australian-American to the US is like Hitler to modern Germany? What a f*cking disgrace, I had to grow up with you dirty Americans strapping Kangaroos with explosives, going "Hopping and a killing", knocking out ten guys, but you don't even acklowedge it? No wonder the world thinks America is a braindead country.

I thought it was the Australians who strapped the kangaroos with the explosives?

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

I thought it was the Australians who strapped the kangaroos with the explosives?
Yep, you're right actually, listened to the Chatterbox segment again.

Either way, there's stranger things I the GTA Universe, so I wouldn't doubt that there was an Australian American war. Since it's mentioned in Vice City, I would say it ended no latter than 1985.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

Yep, you're right actually, listened to the Chatterbox segment again.

Either way, there's stranger things I the GTA Universe, so I wouldn't doubt that there was an Australian American war. Since it's mentioned in Vice City, I would say it ended no latter than 1985.

I keep alluding it to the invasion of Panama in 1989 for some odd reason, even though the date's wrong by about 4 years by then, since they mention in 1986 "USED WHEN WE WHOOPED AUSTRALIAS ASS" in the ammunation ads. But then again, they call Red Dawn a documentary, so the validity could be wrong...

_10-%20Operation%20Nimrod%20Dancer%20Pan

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

Is it mentioned outside of Ammu-Nation ads?

If it isn't, I wouldn't take a gun store as my authority on world studies.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

Yes it is. It's mentioned by a caller on Chatterbox FM in III, and on WKTT in IV. Pretty sure there's a reference to it in San Andreas as well, I just don't remember where.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

It is mentioned in GTA IV too, I believe. So it's probably the "Cold War" of the GTA Universe. Considering the fact that it was mentioned in VC (1986) and IV (2008), the cold war also took place over a significantly long period of time.  So it is probably Rockstar's version of the "Cold War".

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

It is mentioned in GTA IV too, I believe. So it's probably the "Cold War" of the GTA Universe. Considering the fact that it was mentioned in VC (1986) and IV (2008), the cold war also took place over a significantly long period of time.  So it is probably Rockstar's version of the "Cold War".

I wouldn't think that they replaced the Cold War with the Australian-American war. For one, there was no fighting between the Soviets and America directly during the cold war, while they fought directly during the Australian war. Secondly, the Cold War is mentioned a great deal of times throughout the GTA series, so it couldn't have been replaced by the Australian-American war.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:52 AM Edited by Mr Oraange, 04 February 2014 - 12:57 AM.

Grand Theft Auto Wiki has an entire page on the subject: http://gta.wikia.com...an-American_War

From what I can gather from the page, apparently the war either replaced Vietnam or was just fought alongside with 'Nam (….a caller to the Richard Bastion Show says, "This country's going to hell! Ever since we let those damn Australians back into this country, everything has gone to sh*t! What the hell did we go to war with them for in the first place!?' which could be another reference to unpopular wars like the Vietnam War. The host, Richard Bastion, replies "I'll tell you why, we did it for freedom, and for valuable munitions contracts.")

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

"I'll tell you why, we did it for freedom, and for valuable munitions contracts."

Implying every post-WW2 war America gets involved in isn't like that.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Young Filipino Boy Playing Hands-Free Catch-the-Quarter

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

"I'll tell you why, we did it for freedom, and for valuable munitions contracts."

Implying every post-WW2 war America gets involved in isn't like that.

Look out, ladies and gentlemen, we got a hippie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users