» «
Photo

Looking deeper: Metaphors and Philosophy - GTAF's very own Cult

13,734 replies to this topic
Ins4n1ty
  • Ins4n1ty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:29 AM Edited by Ins4n1ty, 03 January 2014 - 03:31 AM.

checking things with the docker is easy. just hop in and drive arround , witch i cant do cuz i lost mine ^^ but checking out the psych report would pob. mean playing the game over and over again. i had planed to play it over anyways but others wont give it a nother shot.
the idea of letting the files guys check it would prob. be the best idea. maybe they can even see of one report will trigger a event .

krashr
  • krashr

krunk

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

i'm going to estimate the hours spent in space dockers at 1 billion, 1.5 if you count cargobobbing it around

• Macontheweb007 likes this

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:43 AM

So I just saw lightning fork for the first time in GTA 5 and I was at the LS airport with the space docker facing towards the part of the ocean that's in front of the beach. The lightning was striking the ocean in the same spot several times and then it moved to another spot. I just thought that was weird.
  • MrEZmoneymaker and Jonathanmont like this

Macontheweb007
  • Macontheweb007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by Macontheweb007, 03 January 2014 - 03:45 AM.

checking things with the docker is easy. just hop in and drive arround , witch i cant do cuz i lost mine ^^ but checking out the psych report would pob. mean playing the game over and over again. i had planed to play it over anyways but others wont give it a nother shot.
the idea of letting the files guys check it would prob. be the best idea. maybe they can even see of one report will trigger a event .

Good idea.

And you are very right about the docker being easy to jump in and bat about in, and I am sure any self respecting hunter has had a dam good go in this regards, but after months of it, surely we need to start looking elseware apart from the easy route?

as for your comment about loosing your space docker....this is my point exactly, the space docker can be lost, be it by accident, game bug, or distruction (if your garage is full and the inpound has not been emptied for a while) surely this would mean that some users would never get the chane to crack the mystery simply by loosing the docker?

It's got to be about a constant....something we all have and cannot loose.

Interestingly, the Epsilon Tracts cannot be lost once gained, they are stored on an e-mail link that cannot be deleted and does not get lost when other mails are recieved. This is not normal behaviour, other e-mails will be deleted after a certain amount of e-mails are recieved.  perhaps another constant?

We already know that the Psych report cannot be deleted as it is on the socail club site........another constant.

I may be P1ssing in the wind here guys, but it just seems to be something that has not got as much attention as other areas with far less evidence to support them.

BR

M

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

Mac my email is long gone . I cant even access the page anymore and there is no backslash to manually type it in , i dont think 

cerevantis74
  • cerevantis74

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:08 AM

I think the psych report is an oversight. If I was not English, this would do nothing other than annoy me. Why was it not fixed? Look at all the online problems, pretty sure this is way down on the priority list.

But ask why they fixed the glitch that allowed you to spawn North Yankton so fast? I believe it may have been fixed before someone found a way to do this with an undiscovered area that spawns off the map.

timesteal
  • timesteal

Clock Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:37 AM

Just sharing my current hunt idea. There seem to be quite a bit of BTTF references in there so.....the clock tower, which was struck by lightning at 10:04 PM on Saturday, November 12, 1955. This is what I'm looking into at the moment.

timesteal
  • timesteal

Clock Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:49 AM Edited by timesteal, 03 January 2014 - 04:50 AM.

And as for the "1807" perhaps some more BTTF?

In Back To The Future, Marty travels back to the 1950s only to encounter his parents as teenagers. The exterior house shots of his father's home were filmed at 1807 Bushnell Avenue in South Pasadena, California. Today, the house looks exactly the same is it did in the movie. The exterior shot houses for his mother and the bully Biff are also on the street as well. The lawn might be small, but the landscaping around the home makes up for it.

Ok that's all ill post about BTTF.
  • clevertrev and Scoobysrt like this

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:56 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 03 January 2014 - 05:30 AM.

why is every report saying something bad about finishing stuff ??? im reading trough macs old thread about the psych report and everyones report say things like that he is unable to finish stuff, just in a diffrend way. is there something what all didnt finish???

ohh yeah... how do i find my report on the social club page

can someone link me to this old thread? would like to see what sort of reports others may have got.

Was there ever a google doc or sumthing similar so people could add there last 3 lines of the report on? or anything used to make note of them all?

edited: has anyone viewed their report earlier, continued playing & had this report change later?

& does any of the previous lines of this report differ from other peoples? or is the last 3 lines the only part that changes?

evilmog
  • evilmog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Im still convinced this has something to do with maze bank... the epsilon leader said something about an egg in the water and looking at maze bank water mural from the air a bit of light goes over it at anytime of the day which looks like a crack

http://www.google.co...dMxh-0ONkuzFVM:
  • Fran_Halen likes this

Fran_Halen
  • Fran_Halen

Stand Up Philosopher

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

I remember you saying this about the psych report on the other thread Mac. The last 3 lines of mine after switching languages is:

"Makes friends easily. Poor friends.

Easily distracted.

So this is why I went to medical school."

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

Loves2Spooge90
  • Loves2Spooge90

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

I dunno if this helps but I've played through the game twice and on neither of my psych reports did it say anything about not finishing things or whatever.. Maybe the people who get that have inadvertently started something without knowing it and somehow in my two play throughs I haven't triggered it ? I dunno just spitballin' here
  • MrEZmoneymaker likes this

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

Yeah, mine doesn't say anything about not finishing things either. Here are the last three lines.

Friendly, but terrifying.

Collector - possible obsessive.

Needs a lot of help - as do I!

Haven't really been playing the last few days.

• Fran_Halen and MrEZmoneymaker like this

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:26 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 03 January 2014 - 09:04 AM.

I remember you saying this about the psych report on the other thread Mac. The last 3 lines of mine after switching languages is:

"Makes friends easily. Poor friends.

Easily distracted.

So this is why I went to medical school."

Yeah, mine doesn't say anything about not finishing things either. Here are the last three lines.

Friendly, but terrifying.

Collector - possible obsessive.

Haven't really been playing the last few days.

Great stuff guys! i dont know if there is more to this, but the fact that these 3 lines all difer has me wondering if there could be?

psychiatric%20report%20screenshot.JPG

This is a screenshot of my full report. If anybody else has something different other than the last 3 lines, i would be interested to know.

Also i created a google doc for those who would like to add there last 3 lines with their forum name so we can see if there is a specific pattern? I notice the first line of yours is the same as mine Fran_Halen. also added those who posted already their last 3 lines :)

https://docs.google....UlE&usp=sharing

Here is a link to the mission page to see your report on the socialclub site.

http://socialclub.ro...chiatric-report

you just need to click the top right box with psychiatric report to view it.

• Fran_Halen likes this

Bongwatre
  • Bongwatre

PSN: Bongwater1992

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Maybe the whole thing about not finishing tasks has to do with finding the spaceship parts before you finish the game?
Did anybody finish the Omega mission BEFORE you finished the story?
I know I waited till after and mine says I "find finishing jobs challenging"

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:57 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 03 January 2014 - 09:05 AM.

Maybe the whole thing about not finishing tasks has to do with finding the spaceship parts before you finish the game?
Did anybody finish the Omega mission BEFORE you finished the story?
I know I waited till after and mine says I "find finishing jobs challenging"

I did the spaceship parts before reaching 100%. i completed the spaceship parts, knife flights & stunt jumps & letter scraps all just before i reached 100%. i think i just had the epsilon missions to finish? but not 100% sure on that now tho. but wasnt much to do after i did all those others.

also cheers for adding your info :) im picking it would be something similar, or maybe aligns with your stats? those who have similar lines in the reports (only 2 of us so far) may find certain things in our stats match exactly? just trying to see if its random generated or there is a link somewhere?

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

To be honest, I have no idea what it all means.....after months of trying to crack it.  All i do know is that there is a possible hint to make us consider languages....

1. Goto the film review page on the ingame internet (The one that lists films and gives a description and some "Comments" left by fans.

2. Note that the only film listed that is currently on in the in game cinemas is the strange film Capolavoro, which is in a different language.......

3. look at the other films on the site and look at the comments unerneath the films, you will notice that the comments under Capolavoro are very limited compared to EVERY other movie that is on the site.

4. Note that of the very few messages left under Capolavoro, one states clearly that the film is interesting as it is IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE, Clue?

Seems strange that none of the other films on at the cinema have a review on the site, and the fact that the messages underneath are very limited compared to all the other films reviewed.

might be helpful to hunters that can be bothered to actually look at what is mentioned and research for themselfs.

BR

M

Personally I don't really think that this info can be of any relevance...

But, relating to these ideas, it might be useful for non-Neolatin-languages speakers to know that, despite the fact that "Capolavoro" (= Masterpiece) is an Italian word and that the movie is supposedly a reference/parody of some Italian cinema (Fellini, maybe?), the languages spoken in it are Spanish (male voice) and French (female voice).

(..."Pedone Rosso" is "Red Pawn" in Italian)

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:44 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 03 January 2014 - 10:11 AM.

I have noticed atleast 4 modded ufo images over the golf course have shown up in the ' most recent' images on the R* socialclub site in the last 24 hours? hope we dont have 100 utube vid claims of newly found ufo's from this? :(

0_0.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/pnwhljb

http://tinyurl.com/nuarkoe

http://tinyurl.com/pqytg7c

http://tinyurl.com/orskbw6

They are still being posted http://tinyurl.com/qd63mgu just thought id mention it so people were aware of this.

Skorge
  • Skorge

I Completed the GTA V story, in 28 hours! (Option C)

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

It's so Fustrating!

POWA
  • POWA

Grindin

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:17 AM Edited by POWA, 03 January 2014 - 10:37 AM.

Great stuff guys! i dont know if there is more to this, but the fact that these 3 lines all difer has me wondering if there could be?

Also i created a google doc for those who would like to add there last 3 lines

https://docs.google....UlE&usp=sharing

Going off of that, I would guess the first line represents if you kill random peds, give peds their wallets back, pickup strangers (maybe taxi missions), do property missions, and if you hangout with friends a lot.

Second line would most likely be related to collecting stuff like the collectables and random weapons or body armor around the map among other things. I did a lot of that especially with the body armor which could indicate the obsessive remark in my report. It could also depend on how long it took you to collect the collectibles. 

Third line would be your overall playing style. So far, they all have been negative reviews. It would be interesting to see one that's positive.

Of course, each of the report lines could be based on only a couple of those things listed, all of them, or maybe none at all. Who knows.

As far as singling out those 3 lines goes when changing languages, I'd say it would be too hard to figure out what actually matters and how you're supposed to play. Unless you have time to play dozens of playthroughs doing different scenarios. Is that Brian territory?

• Fran_Halen likes this

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

I have noticed atleast 4 modded ufo images over the golf course have shown up in the ' most recent' images on the R* socialclub site in the last 24 hours? hope we dont have 100 utube vid claims of newly found ufo's from this? :(

0_0.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/pnwhljb

http://tinyurl.com/nuarkoe

http://tinyurl.com/pqytg7c

http://tinyurl.com/orskbw6

They are still being posted http://tinyurl.com/qd63mgu just thought id mention it so people were aware of this.

Oh no, here we go...

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:29 AM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 03 January 2014 - 10:52 AM.

Going off of that, I would guess the first line represents if you kill random peds, give peds their wallets back, pickup strangers (maybe taxi missions), and if you hangout with friends a lot.

Second line would most likely be related collecting stuff like the collectables and random weapons or body armor around the map among other things. I did a lot of that especially with the body armor which could indicate the obsessive remark. It could also depend on how long it took you to collect the collectibles. 

Third line would be your overall playing style. So far, they all have been negative reviews. It would be interesting to see one that's positive.

Good observations! i did alot of hangouts, to test different attacks on zancudo. also gave every ped their wallet etc back. Didnt shoot many peds either.

I did collect abit of body armour & weapons at the start, but bought most from ammunation later when i had the cash almost religiously. I also didnt collect or complete most collectable stuff till nearly 100%

Not sure how to define my playing style tho? i used alot of hand weapons is about the most i could think i did? mainly to kill stealthy around the fort, maybe why the 'im scared' comment for me? lol

edited: also remembered i did taxi missions for about 2-3 days (real time) trying to find a clues from customers. or jobs like the heist job you do for the armed robber you take to the airport.

Oh no, here we go...

That was nearly the words i also used when i saw the first one, then another & another.... then went "oh cr*p!" :D

backfromthestorm
  • backfromthestorm

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:05 AM Edited by backfromthestorm, 03 January 2014 - 11:54 AM.

So maybe a stupid question but is the psychiatric report intended to diagnose Michael the character based on my answers and actions in the game or is it intended to analyse me as a video game player based on my actions as all 3 characters?

If the GTA wiki on this subject is to be believed, it is an amalgamation of all your actions throughout the game.  The sexual activity line seems to be affected by the number of prostitutes you sleep with throughout the game.  the answer to your question however, is still unknown as there simply is not enough data to establish what text would be written in different circumstances.

This fact in itself should raise a few questions.....

1.  Is there any other game data that provides us with situations that we control to give us a specific text output that is individual to each player?  Answer: No

2. Is there another area of the game that has been overlooked as much as the Psych report? Answer=No.

3. If an easter egg was going to be epic, it would probably require a community effort to crack it.  What better way to slow progress than make a specific item completely individual, that would require a fair amount of organisation to get any comparable data (screenshot postings of lots of reports) 

After all the effort that has been put in by hunters thus far, I find it almost unfathomable as to why this very unique and taylorable report has not got way more attention.........that said I am bias ;)

I have an idea..

When do you get the report? After the last story mission!

But anyway, I doubt many people have completed every strangers mission, random events etc first.. leaving the last story mission LAST.  So the report is calculated AFTER everything has been completed.  So the report is calculated  on how you

really have played the entire GAME... Not JUST up until the end of the story missions.

Hence the 'not good at finishing things'.  That really makes a whole lo of sense to me. I'm gonna make sure I do the last story mission LAST.  And maybe get complete report on how I played the game, not just the part of it I completed until I finished the story.

The great scorer marks us on how we played the game,  but if the game wasn't truly complete when get our report....... 

It wouldn't be the first time in this game that you have to do things in the right order..  

Sorry for the caps, it's hard to get my point clear lol

That's actually given me a warm fuzzy feeling lol.... 

Ungreth
  • Ungreth

haemorrhoidal maniac

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

I've never been able to view my psyche report on R* Social Club. It always says "unavailable, try back later".

Anyone else got this problem?

• MoJo_cy likes this

MrMunchs
  • MrMunchs

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

I've never been able to view my psyche report on R* Social Club. It always says "unavailable, try back later".

Anyone else got this problem?

I can see it but in English, and my settings are in Spanish.

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

Glad you guys brought the report back up as i always thought there was more to it. If there wasn't more to it then why even give it to us in the first place. Also the fact that we can produce different outcomes has to be a hint that we must go back and do things differently in order to produce the correct outcome. Sorry i can't share my report as i am not online with my xbox so can't view it.

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

The part of the report that mentions "Makes friends easily, not a good friend" sounds like it could be about the special peds and whether we killed any of the protagonists?

Beard monster
  • Beard monster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Can't find anything that can tell what the circles mean..

http://i.imgur.com/T7UvkNS.jpg

On the old thread someone posted up a Japanese or Chinese etc watch/clock that uses the same symbols to tell the time. I thought it was a great find and could tell us certain times but it wasn't followed up too much I'm guessing because it would require some working out on paper to see.
I'm not reading back the old thread on my phone but maybe a quick search of the thread will bring it up.

This is the link from the old thread. The symbols are very similar. 
http://blog.tokyofla...-alien-symbols/

Wow those symbols are super easy to remember just really rounded versions of the numbers they represent.
  • xMotive likes this

Stipeyy
  • Stipeyy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

Just to add a few things that may help others after my last post....

1.  Goto your Psych report on the social club
2.  Goto the bottom of the page and change the language to any other language apart from English.
3.  report back here if you see the last 3 lines in the report in English no matter what language you change the report to.

Dall'ufficio del dottor Isiah Friedlander
Note clienti - Strettamente confidenziali
Tremendo. Un soggetto illuso, solitario, disperato e vanesio.
Cerca di trovare qualcosa di buono in tutti, con risultati disastrosi.
Giustifica il pessimo comportamento con un'adolescenza cronica e fin troppo prolungata.
Difetta nel condividere.
Estremamente sprezzante.
Sessualmente represso. Ottimo...
Pigro ed egocentrico, ma esigente.
Spesso preda di piani per arricchirsi rapidamente e altre facili vie d'uscita.
Incapace di dare valore alla sofferenza degli altri.
Criminale recidivo.
Pensa che lo yoga sia stupido. Preferisce piuttosto l'omicidio.
Poco interessato alla forma fisica.
Friendly, in a way.
Not obsessive about some things.

That's italian for those who don't know

First post here, been following you since a month or so but got nothing new to say

And sorry for my english! ;)
  • Macontheweb007 likes this

Stipeyy
  • Stipeyy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:26 PM Edited by Stipeyy, 03 January 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Some guys were looking for those doors named t1 and t2 i think it was tadd but i may be wrong
so i was trying to get into the fib building with the glitch someone posted a couple of pages ago and i noticed that on the roof there are 2 T2, went on the roof of iaa and, of course, there are 2 T1.
Don't know if someone noticed it before

http://rsg.ms/1crbeQE
http://rsg.ms/1crbOO4
http://rsg.ms/1crbTS6
http://rsg.ms/1crc1ko

Edit: how can i post direct images instead of urls?

2nd edit: is it common to find unaccessible rooms that you can see on the map but you cannot enter?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users