Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Metaphors, Philosophy and Hidden Meanings.

13,552 replies to this topic
Loveint
  • Loveint

they are good business, but good business tends to be horrible p

• Members
  • France

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:32 PM

Spoiler

Who is he fighting? The FIB?

"Merryweather Security Consulting? Private army of the New World Order? The folks waging outsourced shadow wars in twenty countries around the globe, and recently cleared to operate on US soil?"
―Trevor Philips asking Floyd Hebert about Merryweather.

• dAfTpUnK2010 and chilliadas1 like this

Tconzz22
  • Tconzz22

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:10 PM Edited by Tconzz22, 09 November 2014 - 05:11 PM.

Yea I thought so. I didn't recognize the area tho. You took the fight to someone's back yard lol

Or was it devin Weston's house

Loveint
  • Loveint

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:37 AM

Yea I thought so. I didn't recognize the area tho. You took the fight to someone's back yard lol

Or was it devin Weston's house

Last mission, Devin Weston kidnap, i lost 3 times in that section before getting this dialogue.

cyaninternetdog
  • cyaninternetdog

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

http://www.new-age-o...ian-agenda.html

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:08 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 22 November 2014 - 09:09 PM.

Honestly, I know you're talking about the "B" word correct? Lol I've heard a lot about him on here but I honestly never even saw his posts I must've been following a different thread or something.

I don't know what "his" theories or idea are, but I'm just trying to point out that the tracts must lead to something, just on the basis of the amount of time that was spent writing them and mapping them out. I know it's a shallow basis to have, but when you read them you know something is up. WE created this whole Epsilon thing back in SA. This is rockstar giving them to us for real, they know the hunters back then who were 12-15 years old and coming up with this hunt in SA are older and smarter now and would be investigating Epsilon the moment we saw it. They throw epsilon right into your face throughout the end of the game basically telling you to look further into them. All of that money was given to them, we have to get somethig back in return almost like an incentive to keep looking for wherever epsilon is trying to lead us.

I'm not trying to sound like epsilon is the right rock to flip, but it's just been a while since anyone has mentioned it. I'm not saying run around to the top of gordo in the blue robe and do yoga at 11:32 pm while it's raining on a half moon, I'm just saying epsilon tracts are trying to tell us (the player) something directly, and we look at it, see it as gibberish just because it's difficult to follow. The tracts are hard to understand, but there's blatant consistencies telling me that it has to be something that makes sense not just jumbled sentences.
It mentions that doves come from fire, which comes from peach trees in like the first chapter or verse or whatever. Doves coming from fire is a consistent image mentioned throughout the script. If it's just textual nonsense, then it wouldn't repeat go into such metaphoric detail to throw what it wants to into your face over and over again.

The Tract you say?...

If you have questions i shall break it down for you. My version is the most complete compared to any other breakdown, guaranteed.

If you are stronger than lettuce than you will probably find it interesting to say the least. 

Of course, i'm no official Rstar rep so it's all just opinion and fun stories. BUT these are based not only on my own interpretations, but interpretations of someone who's work obviously influenced The Tract, almost word for word. 

I don't think they want it to clog up the thread so PM me if you want.

• CanOdope and chilliadas1 like this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

So uh... should we get an old school online hunter group together for a time or two to share ideas over mic's and show others the stuff we think is interesting to the mysteries?

I'm free on Tuesday and Thursday night this week if anyone wan't to get together for some "Gunting", hehe.

SO, here's my first WTF... The beach structure isn't the original again. I was sure it would start over as the original and change over again for the next gen consoles on the same timeline as previous gen.  

So, does that mean the GTAV on new gen consoles is on the same timeline as previous gen? 

And thank Kraff i got some good Snapmatic shots of the original structure before they changed it!

• dAfTpUnK2010 and CanOdope like this

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

I <3 Brian

• Members

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:54 PM

Is all this still going on? I totally forgot... 

Loveint
  • Loveint

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:16 AM

Pay atenttion to his eyes.

http://youtu.be/yFOPiuphY_g?t=20s

• LeeH1989 and NoSignal666 like this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:59 AM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 01 December 2014 - 09:03 AM.

F.I.B.

F... I... B...

Fib - A small or trivial lie; a falsehood.

and a second thought. Formage doesn't seem to care about what people think of him. can't remember him ever pondering if his life is going the wrong direction, in a sense, or letting the haters sway his judgement or feelings.

Dude is legit.

cyaninternetdog
  • cyaninternetdog

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

Pay atenttion to his eyes.

http://youtu.be/yFOPiuphY_g?t=20s

Reptilian eyes!!!! Well spotted.

• LeeH1989 likes this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:41 AM

@XMarqstheSpot Welcome back! I was beginning to wonder how long it would be until you returned. Lol

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

Gone? Never.

In fact I've been flying my Jetpack around, looking at all the new-gen players, and waiting for the next wave of Gunters to which I can help to guide.

CanODope, always good to see a familiar name around.

• dAfTpUnK2010 and CanOdope like this

EramVerdes
  • EramVerdes

...- . -

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:43 AM Edited by EramVerdes, 08 December 2014 - 02:46 AM.

Good to see you back on posting X.

The lightning storms on the new game are pretty impressive, as the "Lightning Master" you should be able to get some nice pics for us :)

Not sure if you're playing the new game or not but, if so, did you noticed any changes on the height limit where the lightning are no longer watchable?  

• CanOdope likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

Actually, I have had GTAV Next-Gen since release day... 2013, but that's a horse of a different color.

Coincidentally I have the next two days off and was planning on actually sitting down and getting into this next-gen, next-gen version of GTAV specifically to test out some lightning stuff and get some photo's, since I haven't seen one lightning picture from the Re-release version as of yet.

Now that I can record video from the PS4 I got a list of things to do...

1. Lightning video.

2. Chiliad UFO shadow video.

3. Merryweather Heist match with Mural lines and X's video.

4. The Tract Explained video.

Etc etc.

It's whimsical to me how seemingly the hunt never took off again now that we have the availability of video proof. where is all the video's of the supposed UFO abductions around the "Welcome" alien house, for example?

just like real UFO sightings, as soon as everyone got good recording devices they cease to exist...

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

To be fair, there was only , what, 3 people who claimed to have witnessed that abduction.
  • EramVerdes and MTBB47 like this

forthebeanbag
  • forthebeanbag

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:13 AM

I posted this over at the Hunting forum too, but I see that it has been picked up over here too:

I see my video of Cris Formage and his curious eye color change has made its way here and some of you seem interested in the find. I originally posted it to r/chilliadmystery over at reddit and some of the feedback has been mixed, saying lighting issue or glitch of some kind. Here is the original night time video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFOPiuphY_g

And here is the clip during the day. Both on new gen Xbox One. Notice only the iris changes color and not the whole eye in both video, leaving me, and possibly some of you to believe that this was intentional. During any other moment of Fromage and his gestures, there could have been a "bug" with the color of his eyes. When he gets serious with Michael about being on his paradigm, and the camera is right on his face, Cris asks him if he is ready to write the Tract and there we see a flicker of Epsilon Blue wash over the iris of both eyes.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSrtx4QXkn8

Of course there is no in game concrete evidence of Cris formage being a supernatural being, aside from maybe the GTA online first death sequence where he comes to you in a vision. It is kind of up to interpretation as is any interesting thing like this. However, as a reader of the tract and listener of Rons radio show, signs do point to something supernatural included in the lore, at least. Whether it manifests itself into actual game content is left to the future.

I have 100%, everything collected, and every achievement on 360. 100% on Xbox one, all items collected, all murder mystery missions solved, only missing Solid Gold achievement at this time.

My logical guess is this find is lore related, but naturally adds more depth to the leader of the Epsilon Program.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

"Cogito ergo sum" .

"I think, therefore i am".

Translated better to "I am thinking, therefore i am alive".

"One cannot doubt their existence while doubting".

These are the best translations and official meaning of this famous quote... Seriously?

XMarqsTheSpots translation: Believe in yourself. You think of yourself who you are today, therefore you are that person. It has nothing to do with existing or not, it's about becoming the person you really believe you are. 

It goes back to the question "If you had amnesia and couldn't remember who you were a week ago and someone from the military  came to you and told you that you used to be apart of a special forces team, and they want you back when you heal up... How would you conduct yourself differently and how would your life change from what it is right now?"

Believing that you are something special is the most powerful thing in the world.

Cogito ergo sum. Suck on that, "Scholars".

• CanOdope and chilliadas1 like this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

Doubters are weaker than lettuce, according to The Tract. 

Translation: It's about evolution. The lettuce evolved from another, less useful plant form. The lesser plant form saw it's potential to be something greater than it was currently, belived in itself, and evolved in to lettuce.

The doubter doesn't believe in themself. They only see what they are now and don't look to what they could become someday, if they just believed.

Ergo, the doubter is weaker than a head of lettuce.

Would anyone like to know more?...

• chilliadas1 likes this

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:59 AM

Did lettuce evolve from Brussel sprouts?
  • EramVerdes likes this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:27 AM

No idea, google it. Hehe.

Just consider what im doing as fan fiction.

What's  the morale of the story? As long as people get the message is how i see it.

Read at your own risk, lol.

• EramVerdes and CanOdope like this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

Can't seem to find anywhere that the "Hunt" really picked back up again with the New Gen re-Release... Has it been confirmed that there is no hunt at all, or?...

Seems nobody really re-started to check to facts against the older gen version. For example, i don't see that anyone has posted that they have gone around to the Chiliad symbols to confirm they are the same an unchanged.

I guess people are satisfied and convinced that nothing has been changed and/or added and deleted.

Secondary observation, EVERYBODY is complaining about missing the snow, but nobody is complaining about missing the Original Beach Structure. The structure was not replaced by the original version that the old gen started with, but the new structure was simply carried over.  So, Old Gen got something that New Gen versions doesn't have.(and IMHO, looks way better than what we have to look at now)

Maybe someone should ask themselves "Why was the Original structure placed and then replaced and the same not repeated with the Re-Release?"  

R* is trying to tell you something, guys.

CanOdope
  • CanOdope

Troll hunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:10 AM Edited by CanOdope, 01 January 2015 - 11:13 AM.

Not sure how you missed it...

NG Hunt

Some of the old gang is there, some are still occasionally posting on the previous mystery hunt thread as well.
  • Wanderer800 and EramVerdes like this

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:10 AM

How in the hell did i miss that?, WTF...

I was wondering where it all was.

thx

• Wanderer800 and CanOdope like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users