Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Metaphors, Philosophy and Hidden Meanings.

13,548 replies to this topic
Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:10 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 01 February 2014 - 02:20 AM.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 12 January 2014 - 04:22 PM.

thanks for the quick response X

just to make sure is this the overall community consensus or does anyone else have anything to add?

also besides the UFO does it to any physical references in the game or at least anything that anyone else has noticed because I found something a moment ago and before I go making an ass out of myself and making a claim I want to know for real has anyone else match this up to any physical locations in the game

General accepted theory? probably not but, i will stand my ground on this one and argue it to the death since i matched 3 actual things together, and every other theory is based off of speculation and "What if's".

When looking at the Hippy Camp straight on, from the NW looking SE(this seems to be the front orientation, yes?)...

"Beam me up" = Up Arrow. Both on the Left.

WOW signal = equj5. Both on the right.

Eye = UFO. Both above.

As for the ZigZag, we know it's called "Mountain" in the other form on Chiliad, so Mountain/Hill, same thing IMHO but, i'm not counting this match since it's not a complete match in the same regards as the others.

So, 3 matches to the layout in the drawing, it's what i'm going with until someone can match at least 2 things to something else. 

• Deadman2112 likes this

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

quick question for everyone
what is the conclusion or at least accepted general consensus of what the sand glyph means and does it match up to anything in the game?

I think the file name is clue_mountain or somthing.

tadd
  • tadd

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gamesmaster2014/

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Big things happening in the files topic...

The openiv guys and .black project member GooD-NTS has kindly found a way to get more sound files extracted...

The hatch morse code (roman) has been found...

The altruist morse played from the radio tower in sandy shores i think it was has also been found...

And 3 new ones we didnt know about!!
  • ParanoiaX and Fran_Halen like this

PrideofofCucamonga
  • PrideofofCucamonga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

The sand glyph is labeled sand glyph though. It's not representing sand. I thought all the mountain clues were labeled as such.

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Here is a copy/paste for you all...

Not sure if it was already known or maybe it is already researched here.
But, yesterday I have found some .MIDI files with Morse code.
This sounds from file audio_misc.rpf:/resident/low_latency.awc
Here is archive of all sounds extracted: https://googledrive....low_latency.zip
You can play it with Windows Media Player.

Wow, strange files. However, I managed to decode the morse codes.
On the left the filename, on the right the decoded message:

0x0D7D48A3: HEY, YOU NEVER CALL, HOW D'YOU FANCY GOING BOWLING

0x06F5206A: THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPED OVER THE LAZY DOG

0x18FAD4AA: SOS

0x080AFB0E: CODEX

0x1812F4D5: BAN CLOTHES. BAN LIES. BAN YOUTH. BAN DECEIT. EAT OF THE FLESH. DRINK OF THE BLOOD. WE SHALL BE FREE ONCE MORE. BECAUSE WE KNOW. ALTRUISM. THE GREATEST GOOD, FOR THE GREATEST GENERATION. WE SHALL BOOM AGAIN

(To the people wondering how, just import the MIDI with Audacity and you'll see the morse code, just transate it with a website.)

The other files are... ringtones? Some are the same tunes as the custom horns. Interesting find. "CODEX" is interesting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex
  • ParanoiaX, Fran_Halen, CanOdope and 3 others like this

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

This doesn't have anything to do with the mural but idk where else to post mysteries anymore besides here. Anyway, is this a hint at some sort of time traveler or maybe future DLC or something? This destroyed truck's licence plate says California instead of San Andreas and the tag was issued in 2015. We know the game takes place in 2013 because the prologue says 'nine years earlier' and we see Michael's grave says 2004. Thoughts?

MnofPWr.jpg

• dAfTpUnK2010 and Deadman2112 like this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 01 February 2014 - 02:17 AM.

• timesteal, ParanoiaX, cerevantis74 and 2 others like this

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:24 PM Edited by LiquidNitrogen, 12 January 2014 - 05:25 PM.

@above That is odd but It could just be an easter egg. Idk at this point. Ready for dlc.

shoky
  • shoky

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Okay something weird came to my mind don't take offence to this what of you fetch a hocker n go to the hippy camp with the space docker

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:45 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 01 February 2014 - 02:17 AM.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:09 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 01 February 2014 - 02:18 AM.

• TrevorsStinkyFingers likes this

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

For anyone that is wondering, in the post i made above...

The bowling morse code has obviously been found at the hatch and the altruist website stuff was found in the previous v1 of this topic (was in or around sandy shores, playing from a radio tower or radio station)

The interesting ones are the SOS and CODEX... would be good to know where the other sentence is used also.

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:18 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 12 January 2014 - 06:19 PM.

@tadd
I D/L'ed them
giving them a listen now
Also to you and the rest of the file guys...
Awesome job!

Druminator
  • Druminator

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

That is pretty interesting Deadman. If the arrow is the airstrip and the WOW signal is the satellites then the glyph would be here. Does that look like the eye to anyone else?

CfrpZR5.jpg

• timesteal, Deadman2112 and LiquidNitrogen like this

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Could the SOS be coming from one of the UFOs ?

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:35 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 01 February 2014 - 02:18 AM.

• TrevorsStinkyFingers likes this

tadd
  • tadd

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Not from what the ufo script has told us... unless there is a separate script for this... also i have never heard of anyone mention hearing the ufos playing morse code.

Scoobysrt
  • Scoobysrt

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:53 PM Edited by Scoobysrt, 12 January 2014 - 06:54 PM.

shoky
  • shoky

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

There's not a single hocker how you like that n thats some kwl stuff above

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:40 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 12 January 2014 - 10:34 PM.

Something strange happened to me, and I wanted to know if it happened to others: jump at text after "SURPRISE" for a fast reading (relevant infos end at "BTW").

If it's not a glitch it might be connected to the mural's mistery someway?

I played GTA V till almost 100%, leaving behind Lester's missions so that I could make money with those as a last thing. Unfortunately the horrible phone/internet glitch (http://gtaforums.com...ulence-mission/) stopped me from doing so, and I'm waiting to have an available pendrive in order to upload a legit 100% save kindly provided by ric4rd094 (http://gtaforums.com...h-space-docker/).

So I played Trevor's mom mission, recovering the needed painkillers van near Franklin's aunt home, at the south of the map.

Then I played out Lester's missions in order to have a no-golf-course temporary 100% save and start some mistery search.

SURPRISE: I later selected Trevor and had him smell some gas at his trailer-home, and he woke up in the parking lot of the clothing shop situated in the western part of Sandy Shore (west of Franklin's own AutoRepair, on the same road, on the right side if you're going west), right beside another painkillers van. I got on the van and the game told me to take that home, exactly as it did when I played Mrs. Phillips' mission! I took the van home and the ending of the mission was repeated completely (i.e. Trevor's mother was not there and the poor little psycho had a nervous collapse), and again the game switched automatically to Franklin going down the steps of the same Cafe and looking at the same girl passing him by, with a complete and perfect deja-vu!

- A glitch?

- Does this happen to all players or is it a bug manifesting only in some games?

- OR: is this supposed to happen every time you take a painkillers van from a parking lot and we're supposed to do something with Franklin starting from the Cafe he's at when the game switches character automatically?

BTW, some additional infos for repeatability:

- My game had no updates, since I cannot connect my xbox to the net.

- I had 100% with all stunts+knifes+bridges+activities when I did this (only not owning the 30000000 Cinema and the Golf Course).

- I still have to try again if this repeats another time or not, and I have a save of the game just before it did to try and doing it from the same conditions (have to check day of the week and exact time, but the sun was up and the following night the moon was around half-full).

- When this happened I went with Franklin to collect the painkillers van near his aunt's place, but no indications from the game. I took the van at Travor's place in Sandy Shores, but nothing happened.

(sorry for my almost-English...)

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Not from what the ufo script has told us... unless there is a separate script for this... also i have never heard of anyone mention hearing the ufos playing morse code.

Yeah I was just thinkin about the Chiliad UFO with all the flashing lights in different colors . I always thought there may be some code in there . 

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by One Poor Fool, 12 January 2014 - 08:09 PM.

Cool info from the file guys. Some helpful info for hunters on the lookout for morse code 

Morse code can be transmitted in a number of ways: originally as electrical pulses along a telegraphwire, but also as an audio tone, a radio signal with short and long tones, or as a mechanical, audible or visual signal (e.g. a flashing light) using devices like an Aldis lamp or a heliograph, a common flashlight, or even a car horn.

The pangram about the fox and the lazy dog is apparently the default testing phrase to test data coimmunication equipment for accuracy and reliabilty ensuring each letter is working correctly. Not much help but any info better than none.

A SOS is usually a broadcast from ships....just sayin

As for the CODEX, Ive always found the library in Los Santos a rather suspect looking structure, and it wasnt until I remembered reading up about  the real one in LA that has some mystery around it when playing LA Noir a long time ago I realised this Los Santos library must be the must be based off the  freemason one also.

http://vigilantcitiz...entral-library/

Interesting tidbit for those interested.

Just some speculation and ideas to get the ball rolling on the new info going to have another look at the hippy mound and on the lookout for some morse code!

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:12 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 12 January 2014 - 08:16 PM.

(...) Morse code can be transmitted in a number of ways (...)

Just a reminder, before we start looking at flashing lights and other similar things:

those are translations of extracted AUDIO FILES in morse codes, i.e. only SOUNDS produce those messages in the game, as far as we know.

(I use capitals for easier reading: not meant to be screaming something or being mad or showing any other kind of bad mood)

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

@Pedone Ahh ok sorry was excited and jumping the gun a bit and wasnt thinking properly sorry lol,

well that narrows it down to audible dits and dahs we are on the lookout for then, cheers for the clear up there mate

• PedoneRosso likes this

allbusinesseveryday
  • allbusinesseveryday

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by allbusinesseveryday, 12 January 2014 - 08:35 PM.

BEST THEORY YET: 99% sure I've got it...

Where do I begin? After staring at the mural for months, baffled by the "egg" and everything we

see... I'm EXTREMELY confident I've stumbled upon the correct mural interpretation...

*NOTE: My theory was developed by analyzing theories of the past... If it wasn't for the

dedication of ALL OF US, I never would have stumbled upon what I truly believe is the answer...

SO HERE IT IS:

I read a theory recently about the mural "representing Easter eggs from all of the GTA games

collectively," and the x's "representing the GTA titles with NO Easter eggs". In reference to

the space ship, egg and jetpack on the mural:

The space ship = GTA V

The egg = Vice City

The jetpack = San Andreas

-> Such an incredible idea, but red flags emerge immediately because GTA fans know "the jetpack

was NOT an Easter egg". Additionally, the "heart of the city" from GTA IV is nowhere to be

found... and one could even argue that GTA III technically DID have Easter eggs (e.g. "You're

not supposed to be here you know".)

So where does this leave us?

*Before reading any further, I need you to *temporarily* remove your tinfoil hat and accept

some 'inconvenient truths'...

1. The literal "egg" in Vice City was one of the best hidden objects in video game history.

Rockstar gave NO clues or indications of the egg's existence - and gamers loved it.

- However, GTA IV was the last actual GTA release (omitting expansions) and the 'heart of the

city' Easter egg was DELIBERATELY easy to find/discover... As if Rockstar were saying, "we

don't want to hide the Easter egg SO well that it takes an eternity to find".

2. With this being said, Rockstar isn't stupid. GTA titles may have an 'adult' content rating,

but there are just as many adolescents playing GTA titles as adults. (I know my friends were

playing GTA III at 13 and our parents didn't care... So logic would entail that the scope of

GTA fans are not merely "18 and older". *By this new logic: an Easter egg shouldn't be SO

cryptic that a 12 or 13 year old couldn't invesitgate and figure it out...

3. We have the latest installment of Grand Theft Auto with a UFO on top of Chiliad. On the

observation deck, "Come back when your story is complete" is written in legible English - and

we have a mural (20ft away) depicting an 'egg' connected to an 'object on top of a mountain'.

(Even if the object doubles as an 'all seeing eye/illuminati reference', it is undoubtedly the

UFO as well). We also have clues/glyphs spread around the map/mountain outling the conditions

that must be met to see the UFO. Low and behold: you complete your story, come back when the

conditions are met and you witness an object on top of the mountain.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

DO NOT JUST SIFT THROUGH.

- The FIRST part of my theory is nothing new. I'm pointing out the obvious... The center of the

mural is SIMPLY stating "an Easter egg will be found at the top of the mountain"... The

lightning bolts are intended to vaguely depict the "rain" conditions - and the lines at the

bottom of the mural are nothing more than space-fillers. In essence, the UFO Easter egg at the

top of Chiliad (combined with the mural/"come back when you story is complete") is INTENDED to

be SIMPLE to decipher.  

*But again: Rockstar isn't stupid. Rockstar knows how devoted egg hunters can be - so the

"3am/rain" conditions were implemented to make the egg SLIGHTLY harder to obtain (even if they

told you WHERE the egg would be located.) Keep in mind: despite the odd conditions, CLUES were

still provided so the mystery/"prize" could be discovered by any player. I.E. The mystery is

MORE than "stand here when you beat the game", but not SO intense that a 10 year old couldn't

eventually figure it out. (Correlating with what I said earlier... "Not SO cryptic an

adolescent couldn't find the "prize" after beating the game.)

Even with certain conditions: It's safe to say Rockstar underestimated what the GTA community

is capable of deciphering/figuring out. But DID they underestimate us?

My answer is no, based on everything I just shared. It's easy to live on GTAForums, hunt every

day and 'hate' Rockstar for making the Easter eggs simple to find. But from a corporation

standpoint (selling GTA to the masses): THE 'REWARDS' AT THE END OF THE GAME CAN NOT BE TOO

COMPLEX FOR THE COMMON GAMER TO FIND. All ages must be considered and things must be relatively

fair to the player...

ON TO MY ACTUAL THEORY:

Based on everything I mentioned above, let's dig deeper. If the "egg" connected to the "eye"

(combined with "come back when your story is complete") is Rockstar blatantly saying "an object

appears on Chiliad after you beat the game"... then what does the rest of the mural depict?

1. What are the red x's?

2. Why is there a drawing of an ACTUAL UFO if the 'eye' is a UFO?

3. Why are the UFO's above Sandy Shores and Zancudo not depicted?

4. Why does the righthand picture depict a man with a jetpack?

5. What are the lines connecting the red x's? Why do some have dead ends?

*I wanted to list these questions because my theory answers nearly all of them.

QUITE SIMPLY: The mural depicts ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS in the GTA universe...

And it is really is that simple! For the most part...

Think about it guys...

The mural does NOT depict 'Easter eggs' from all of the other GTA titles... but I mentioend

this theory earlier because it sparked a series of thoughts for me: I wouldn't have stumbled

upon this without it...

MY EXACT THOUGHT CHAIN TO CONCLUSION:

1. We've been digging through game files and the jetpack is seeming less and less like a

physical, obtainable object... Why is it drawn?

2. Game files are also implying there is NO flyable UFO...

3. Why does the mural depict a drawing of a UFO... AND an 'eye' at the top of Chiliad that ends

up BEING a UFO? This never made sense to me... Why imply a UFO twice?

*From here, older thoughts sank in - and community findings...

4. Didn't Rockstar say "the HD GTA universe is separate from the 3d universe"? Isn't this the

explanation for Grove Street existing - but CJ's house being completely gone?

5. Hmm... We're in San Andreas for the second time... but another dimension/universe?

6. WAIT A MINUTE. The mural isn't depicting ALL of the other GTA titles/Easter eggs... so what

connection is the mural trying to make?

7. What was the original San Andreas best remembered for? The Jetpack...

8. What will GTA V be best remembered for? The UFOs...

9. Wow. There's a LINE connecting the UFO to the Jetpack... and both games took place in the

exact same state.

10. The egg isn't attached at all, because it's simply implying where to find the Easter egg

after completing the game...

So what does this all mean!?

Friends: you can now put your tinfoil hats back on...

*Because I can honestly say: I have no explanation for the red x's/lines connecting them.

However, I am 1000000% convinced the idea of the mural and the jetpack/UFO depiction are

connecting GTA V to San Andreas exclusively - implying alternate dimensions. Now we tie in

aliens/UFOs/illuminati and the mystery thickens even more...

It is my belief Rockstar is TOYING with the idea that there ARE alternate dimensions in the GTA universe - and the illuminati/alien conspiracy ties the dimensions together. (As in the aliens or FIB know about the other dimension/dimensions). In a sense, Rockstar is ambiguously suggesting "this is the same state of San Andreas... Mt. chilad included... but where you were previously with CJ is in another dimension"... Does that make sense?

I've read countless theories - and I know some will want to bash me... But I don't care. Compiling tons of theories and really analyzing what's in front of us, nobody can tell me this isn't the most logical solution for AT LEAST the bottom 3 images on the mural. It doesn't represent secret items in the game... It doesn't represent Michael, Frank and Trevor...

It represents GTA V on one side - and GTA San Andreas on the other... connected by a line etc...

Again, it is my belief the entire concept of the illuminati in GTA is related to this: the alternate dimensions that exist (even with  GTA IV/III being in Liberty City). And what a perfect way to tie 're-using' cities together - when fans why CJ's house was gone etc...

If we can accept the egg is merely the UFO on top of Chiliad - simply depicted... We can now use our tinfoil hats to discover what the x's are for either game/world and continue on...

The jetpack isn't an object to find.

The alien egg/asteroid are unused items (like the old skateboard weapon icon etc)... Or items coming in a DLC.

I guess the x's COULD be other GTA games/worlds, but utilizing this theory: any ideas??? If you considert the UFO to be GTA V and the Jetpack to be San Andreas - do the lines and x's make any more sense now?

Based also on the theory of "simplicity", there is still a very good chance the x's are simply the glyph locations and it was ONE more way Rockstar hinted at finding the weather conditions.

With your tinfoil hats on... Go wild. Although doubtful:

- Does it mean there's a way to get to the other dimension? Or is it simply Rockstar providing awesome, 'alien/FIB' reasoning for how CJ's San Andreas and Franklin's San Andreas exist...

AND TIME TRAVEL. UFOs.

Again, nobody can tell me this mural interpretation doesn't make the most sense... There's nothing to find - but something is certainly implied and I believe I've narrowed it down to what Rockstar was implying...

Via UFOs/time travel (San Andreas in the 90s and Vice City etc) - Rockstar has made an awesome, creepy way to reuse the old cities - leave out what they want, and have an explanation for doing so.

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:41 PM Edited by HakatoX, 12 January 2014 - 08:45 PM.

allbusinesseveryday, 

You could have linked to your reddit post.

Why is there an "S" missing on this?

Otherwise it would have the whole alphabet within it. 

S is the 19th letter in the alphabet.

food for thought.

• ParanoiaX, cerevantis74, dAfTpUnK2010 and 4 others like this

ParanoiaX
  • ParanoiaX

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

@allbusiness, from your interpretation of the mural, the UFO on the left represents the UFOs, the egg represents the chiliad UFO and the UFO at the top represents the UFO, besides all  that its  really not a bad theory, multiple universes observed by the aliens or whatever, and one i would believe  but why is the San Andreas Jetpack as you say connected to what we know are the glyphs?

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:44 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 12 January 2014 - 09:23 PM.

To me the most logical and straightforward explanation seems that the mural answers just one question, i.e. "When?"

It orders the red Xs in a sequence through the connecting lines and it gives a weather condition through the glyph's correspondence to the red Xs. Meaning that we have to satisfy certain conditions, each while the indicated weather is happening (otherwise the conditions are not available to complete someway), in the correct sequence, and at the end we will get the prize in the box.

The problem we have is to figure out answers to two more questions: "What?" and "Where?", meaning that we have to understand Where we have to be when the related glyph's conditions are met in order to do What we will have to do.

This also seems to be how most of the mistery-solver-wannabe-s here understand it (or variations of this kind of interpretation).

But also, because of this, are we sure we're supposed to start our post-100% quest with seeing the three UFOs and never look at them again afterward? Maybe we're supposed to go and see each UFO, and the Mount Chiliad's one in particular (since it seems to have its own glyph), after we did something and before we do something else?

----------------------------------------------------------------

allbusinesseveryday, 

You could have linked to your reddit post.

Why is there an "S" missing on this?

Otherwise it would have the whole alphabet within it. 

S is the 19th letter in the alphabet.

food for thought.

"DOGS" seems to be the only place where an "S" could be, I guess?

If so, and considering it's just at the end of the sentence, are we sure the absence ot it is not a copy/paste mistake? Or a file extraction/traslation problem?

It might be useful to double check that one. I'll try and ask about it in the File Hunters' thread (done: http://gtaforums.com...try1064506085).

• ParanoiaX likes this

PedoneRosso
  • PedoneRosso

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by PedoneRosso, 12 January 2014 - 09:13 PM.

I don't seem to find a way to delete this post: sorry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users