Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V Metaphors, Philosophy and Hidden Meanings.

13,567 replies to this topic
ana lill
  • ana lill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:54 PM Edited by ana lill, 06 January 2014 - 01:00 PM.

Sorry to sound ignorant but who is Dr Richmann ?

Not ignorant at all. I think that Dr. Richmann is Kraff himself or a metaphor for Kraff. Im sorry to say, but you have to read my really long post on page 40 to get the trail of thought.

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

based on social club 100% checklist, there are 5 missions for each air and ground trafficking. but i havent done it all since it's not required for normal 100%(social club 100%). i didnt mean that youre wrong because it maybe repeatable.

My apologies! i was just on the site myself trying to check another theory & had a quick look & gathered this is where you had got the figure from. Maybe only the first 5 are counted towards completion most likely?

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

@ana lill... nice research there... interesting connections.
  • dAfTpUnK2010 likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:31 PM Edited by stangone50, 06 January 2014 - 02:04 PM.

There are 5 of each trafficking mission . After 5 of each are complete they should repeat randomly . Pretty much same as other property missions . Though the other property missions dont come in any kind of order . 

I have a save under a full moon . Im gonna try a couple of these now . 

Analill   very interesting post . Do you have any ideas for how we can translate it all into gameplay ?

edit ..Ok after the first 5 they do spawn randomly . I just tried one then reloaded and a different one started . These missions are too easy I actually had to let them catch up and I still lost them without even trying 

• MrEZmoneymaker likes this

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Ummm... HUGE news from the files topic...

ok guys.. thanks @reoze for making the detailed list of all the scripts containing our weather + clock triggers! I wanted to go over every trigger in his list and make sense of it for you all (well, only in the interesting scripts, lol, there are too many). @tgascoigne delivered beyond my wildest expectations and made a magical tool that extracts the detailed triggers in a convenient format for me to go over, so I really couldn't do anything without him.

here it goes:

ufo.xsc
Time triggers inside: 3am
Weather triggers inside: single place checks for RAIN,THUNDER

altruist_cult.xsc
Time triggers inside: something complex that examines the full date (sec,min,day,month,year), requires more research
Weather triggers inside: none, the word THUNDER appears with regards to an unknown native 0x386f0d25

comms_controller.xsc
Time triggers inside: something complex that examines the full date (sec,min,day,month,year), requires more research
Weather triggers inside: single place checks for SMOG,OVERCAST,RAIN,THUNDER,SNOW

nigel1d.xsc
Time triggers inside: none
Weather triggers inside: single place checks for THUNDER

re_bus_tours.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 6am-7pm
Weather triggers inside: single place checks for RAIN,THUNDER

martin1.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 6am-9pm
Weather triggers inside: none

paparazzo1.xsc, heli_gun.xsc, re_abandonedcar.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 7am-7pm

traffick_ground.xsc, re_prison.xsc, traffick_air.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 6am-8pm

controller_races.xsc, hunting_ambient.xsc, launcher_racing.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 5am-8pm

re_stag_do.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 3am-3pm

wp_partyboombox.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 4am-10pm

re_accident.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 5am-6pm

bootycallhandler.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 6am-2pm

stripperhome.xsc
Time triggers inside: check for time between 4am-8pm, and some more complex hour related check

mission_triggerer_X.xsc

family_scene_t0.xsc
Time triggers inside: single place that behaves differently for each hour of the day (checks for each separately), another place for 5pm and another for 6pm 

epscars.xsc, epsrobes.xsc, heist_ctrl_docks.xsc
Time triggers inside: some specific check for the month and year, requires more research 

taxiservice.xsc, am_cr_securityvan.xsc
Time triggers inside: some specific check for the hour, requires more research 

shoprobberies.xsc, fmmc_launcher.xsc, blip_controller.xsc

launcher_hunting_ambient.xsc, apporganiser.xsc, launcher_offroadracing.xsc

cellphone_flashhand.xsc
Time triggers inside: some specific check for the minute and hour, requires more research 

appcontacts.xsc
Time triggers inside: some specific check for the hour, requires more research, emphasis on time later than 5pm

golf.xsc, am_armybase.xsc, ambient_ufos.xsc, cablecar.xsc, epsilonX.xsc
Time triggers inside: none

others probably not interesting
Weather checks are very rare, but many scripts use the full date (sec,min,day,month,year).. they all do so in a very similar manner, which is very different from the explicit 3am test in ufo.xsc. to make this shorter here is a list of all of them: agency_heist1.xsc, replay_controller.xsc, mrsphilips2.xsc, re_yetarian.xscdocks_prep2b.xsc, michael1.xsc, fbi4_prep1.xsc, freemode.xsc, fbi4_intro.xsc, assassin_valet.xsc, assassin_valet.xsc, fbi4_prep3.xsc, heist_ctrl_agency.xsc, lester1.xsc, pb_prostitute.xsc, tattoo_shop.xsc, bailbond3.xsc, re_homeland_security.xsc, finale_heist_prepa.xsc, controller_trafficking.xsc, trevor4.xsc, me_tracey1.xsc, vehicle_gen_controller.xsc, launcher_omega.xsc, re_muggings.xsc, charactergoals.xsc, launcher_paparazzo.xsc, re_border.xsc, tasklist_1.xsc, re_rescuehostage.xsc, re_paparazzi.xsc, am_vehicle_spawn.xsc, wardrobe_sp.xsc, re_stag_do.xsc, re_atmrobbery.xsc, agency_heist3a.xsc, armenian1.xsc, re_arrests.xsc, altruist_cult.xsc, am_mission_launch.xsc, player_scene_f_lamtaunt.xsc, taxi_procedural.xsc, bailbond2.xsc, taxi_deadline.xsc, assassin_bus.xsc, re_drunkdriver.xsc, launcher_minute.xsc, savegame_bed.xsc, fbi1.xsc, shop_controller.xsc, friendactivity.xsc, epsrobes.xsc, docks_heistb.xsc, spmc_preloader.xsc, launcher_darts.xsc, agency_heist3b.xsc, startup.xsc, finale_heist_prepb.xsc, launcher_abigail.xsc.. and some others (got tired of typing them here)

* notice that these are all the clock and weather triggers from ALL the scripts, there are no others.

Excellent work from our file guys!! :)
  • Crimie Marston, neku_neku, CanOdope and 1 other like this

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:10 PM Edited by SHARKEM, 06 January 2014 - 02:21 PM.

remember the acult phone contact? turns out it was an icon to represent the altruists on the dialogue screen. busted.

http://www.reddit.co...eresting_found/

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:22 PM Edited by stangone50, 06 January 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Awesome work on the triggers . Wish i had all this info before I started the game . Might have saved me a few weeks lol 

The one I and im sure all of you find interesting is the thunder at the Altruist camp . 

I cant even remember the last time I saw thunder/lightning in my game . 

X--our resident thunder xpert .. Have you ever got it to thunder while in the camp or has anyone ?

@Tadd . has anything been found pertaining to it raining after visiting Ursula ?

Also I cant believe not one trigger mentioning Moon phases . I really thought moon phases may have been part of the mystery .It would have explained why so many people trying things are not working because they are trying on the wrong day but I guess not . 

evi1pimp
  • evi1pimp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Yeah I tried but as soon as the cutscene ends their gone.. 're loaded a save from before I completed the "altruist clear out" and the music etc has all returned.

I'm sat on the alter in the spacedocker as we speak, waiting for the storms lol.. they don't seem to attack you if you enter in the s.d, untill you get out and wander too close to them that is

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

@stan

their are still precise date / time triggers so i wouldn't rule out moon phase.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by tadd, 06 January 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Yeh this isnt all the info... just triggers for time date and weather...

And i believe the thunder at the altruist camp is to do with a thunder storm starting after you deliver the last person and start the cutscene.

Edit: not seen anything about ursula as yet.

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:51 PM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 06 January 2014 - 02:56 PM.

Yeh this isnt all the info... just triggers for time date and weather...

And i believe the thunder at the altruist camp is to do with a thunder storm starting after you deliver the last person and start the cutscene.

Edit: not seen anything about ursula as yet.

Awesome work guys!!!! hopefully something in there can be found regarding the ufo abduction scene? also helps confirm the basis of many of my theories, been saying for quite a while that all the weather & time related things i have observed are not just coincidence. And my idea involving lightning/thunder that i have stated many times is on the mural so never understood why so many kept dismissing it?
We have a way forward!

edited: personally i will be surprised if there is a moon phase in there. I tried everything i could in different moon phases & never noticed anything, but weather & time i have posted many times my findings regarding them.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Stay tuned to the files topic, other interesting things happening also.
  • MrEZmoneymaker likes this

Barnumbir
  • Barnumbir

Random wierd dude

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:07 PM Edited by Barnumbir, 06 January 2014 - 03:11 PM.

@tadd

First, i didn't get a chance to say it, but congrats, you're a hero ( as talkol, tgascoigne etc etc, you f*ckin rock dudes )

I just finished the altruist mission yesterday, there isn't a thunderstorm when you escape from the camp. Actually, it was sunny in my game, so it should be something else. 

Edit : Just found out that lot of people claimed a thunderstorm is ALWAYS triggered by the last altruist mission, and they could replicate it as much as they want. Wierd, as I'm 100% sure it wasn't even cloudy for me.

evi1pimp
  • evi1pimp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

If you hit the horn on the spacedocker and go through the various sound effects it plays, the selection changes depending on where in the altruist camp your parked at the time.. I.e sound effects given while parked at the alter are different than those given at the gate, or water tower and even the main building. Interestingly I've not noticed any of these "new" sound effects anywhere else on the map..

I also read somewhere that somebody found a hidden message on a wall by shining the s.d headlights on it, somewhere in what they described as the "north west west" of the map. They didn't give a precise location or any clues other than that but claimed this triggered a contact that once you met, a mission was downloaded that introduced the jet pack.. not sure if there was any truth in this as it was disregarded on the most part and the guy didn't post anything else

jp9865
  • jp9865

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

Regarding this ufo abduction, I think I've seen what u are taking about. I was Trevor and I saw a car driving and hit a tree after having a light shine down on it. It was a police helicopter, it was dark so really hard to see it especially with the light shining from it! :) sorry guys I could be wrong and there could be a random abduction but I honestly think this is what ur referring to. It was by the lighthouse area on Gordo so I really think it s then same thing.

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Regarding this ufo abduction, I think I've seen what u are taking about. I was Trevor and I saw a car driving and hit a tree after having a light shine down on it. It was a police helicopter, it was dark so really hard to see it especially with the light shining from it! :) sorry guys I could be wrong and there could be a random abduction but I honestly think this is what ur referring to. It was by the lighthouse area on Gordo so I really think it s then same thing.

Well i hope its not that, just so i dont sound crazy lol cant remember it hitting a tree? & also the ufo noise im sure i heard doesnt quite match a helicopter. But i will keep an open mind as i said many times, it happened so many months ago i cant give any real solid facts on it apart from character & what i was doing at the time (trafficking mission). Hence why i never mentioned it til recently.

neku_neku
  • neku_neku

hunterXhunter

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

@tadd

First, i didn't get a chance to say it, but congrats, you're a hero ( as talkol, tgascoigne etc etc, you f*ckin rock dudes )

I just finished the altruist mission yesterday, there isn't a thunderstorm when you escape from the camp. Actually, it was sunny in my game, so it should be something else. 

Edit : Just found out that lot of people claimed a thunderstorm is ALWAYS triggered by the last altruist mission, and they could replicate it as much as they want. Wierd, as I'm 100% sure it wasn't even cloudy for me.

yes there is no thunder storm after you finished the altruist mission. but

after you delivered the last person, a thunderstorm will be triggered before the shooting started. you can choose to run away from the camp or shooting all the altruists. 

MrMunchs
  • MrMunchs

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

The abduction was before or after 100%? If was before the chances of been an ufo are low... I'm doing traffic missions by night with trevor with no luck for now.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:36 PM Edited by XMarqstheSpot, 06 January 2014 - 03:50 PM.

Awesome work on the triggers . Wish i had all this info before I started the game . Might have saved me a few weeks lol 

The one I and im sure all of you find interesting is the thunder at the Altruist camp . 

X--our resident thunder xpert .. Have you ever got it to thunder while in the camp or has anyone ?

@Tadd . has anything been found pertaining to it raining after visiting Ursula ?

Also I cant believe not one trigger mentioning Moon phases . I really thought moon phases may have been part of the mystery .It would have explained why so many people trying things are not working because they are trying on the wrong day but I guess not . 

Altruist camp is too high up to see lightning bolts, you'll just see white flashes in the sky :(

I did get the mast in the camp to get struck by lightning once(90% positive it hit the mast) while at sea level with a clear view of the camp but, nothing new or noticeable when i went to the camp immediately after, so?.... no ideas on what to do after it hits, and i have only had it hit once but, another time it seemed to hit but could have been behind it, so i'm only going w/the one positive hit so far.

On the day of the week thing idea...

the four colors of the characters(Red/Blue/green/Purple) also represent days of the week, which happen to be 4 days in consecutive order(Tuesday - Friday) seems a bit odd that not one color represents a day not connected to the other days not represented(Sat - Mon)..... merely coincidental?

WE have to use Franklin on this, not Franklin the character but, what he represents.(Intuition)

MrEZmoneymaker
  • MrEZmoneymaker

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:43 PM Edited by MrEZmoneymaker, 06 January 2014 - 03:52 PM.

The abduction was before or after 100%? If was before the chances of been an ufo are low... I'm doing traffic missions by night with trevor with no luck for now.

Unfortunately i believe it was before i reached 100% so i do understand how limited the chances are of it being a ufo. But i also had seen the michael ufo abduction prior to this & why i turned & drove away when i saw this. Was expecting to get zapped or something & having to start those trafficking missions again didnt appeal to me. (did not realize at this time that i only needed 5 completed to pass as i wasnt even on the R* social club site then)

edited: grrr its nearly 5am here now & its just getting really interesting to :( need sleep tho as things to do today. hopefully get to read some good info when i wake up :) nite people!

Barnumbir
  • Barnumbir

Random wierd dude

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:45 PM Edited by Barnumbir, 06 January 2014 - 03:46 PM.

@neku_neku

You mean before they force you to come with them? You can runaway at this moment ? It seemed as a cutscene to me, I could only move when the shooting started...

If you can, PM me on how it works, so we don't waste space one the forum.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

@neku_neku

You mean before they force you to come with them? You can runaway at this moment ? It seemed as a cutscene to me, I could only move when the shooting started...

If you can, PM me on how it works, so we don't waste space one the forum.

He meant instead of shooting them, you can run away or jump off the cliff.

No idea if the altruists are there afterwards or if they are permanently gone either way, killing or not.

Has anyone tried to run to the Radio Mast while the shootout is going? i never thought of it until now, so...

TrevorsStinkyFingers
  • TrevorsStinkyFingers

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

You are very wrong! I will admit at first when i heard all the screeches etc i half expected to see a heli. Until i saw the ufo as clear as anything. Oh and it was at night guys.

What i saw was unmistakable.

tadd
  • tadd

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

I feel if the altruist shoot out is related then so is the last one (bigfoot mission) since we get the same mission complete screen as the altruist shoot out... just saying.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

I feel if the altruist shoot out is related then so is the last one (bigfoot mission) since we get the same mission complete screen as the altruist shoot out... just saying.

What would M's mission be, does he have one with the same Mission Complete screen?

Barnumbir
  • Barnumbir

Random wierd dude

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Yup, with epsilon tracts.

XMarqstheSpot
  • XMarqstheSpot

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Yup, with epsilon tracts.

I haven't done either the Altruist or Tract last missions, maybe i should get on that, lol

thatdavekid
  • thatdavekid

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

This is bugging me, i keep thinking the SpaceDocker needs to be "charged up" by the plug in the front of it.. This has probably been mentioned before, but haven't seen it :p

vObPEN6.jpg

Well, there is a term called space docking.

I can't help but to wonder now.

I think you are on to something.

I have been trying to "charge" this thing for over a week. Ever since I was on the back to the future train of thought a while ago.  Anyway I always have my eyes open regarding applying electricity to this thing.  If anyone has any ideas or comes across anything let me know and I'll try it.  Lightning is def not possible as far as I can tell.

shoky
  • shoky

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by Andreas, 07 January 2014 - 05:52 AM.

Whos crew can I join

Edit: This is not what the topic is for.

Delin__
  • Delin__

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

I've got thunder right after altruist shootout, then went to mount chiliad, saw the ufo. First time involving no cheats at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users