Textures dissapearing after 10-15 minutes of play with 2GB Vram

10 replies to this topic
dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

I have about 8 modded cars and every time I add a new one it gets worse, my vehicles.img is about 100mb.

At first I was playing with 100 View Distance and 5 modded cars (good framerate) and a commandline, when I added a few cars and textures were dissapearing so I lowered it to 50 but now after 10-15 minutes they disappear again when the game is using 1300MB out of 2000MB VRAM. How can I fix this? Do I need a Titan with 6GB VRAM To run this game?

My mods are ENB 8 Cars and Lord Neophyte's textures (they don't seem very HD so I doubt they need 3 or more GB VRAM)

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

do you use a traffic script . even with only 8 cars if the traffic mod sends you 4 or 5 high res cars , it's enough to f$µ§ the thing up

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

do you use a traffic script . even with only 8 cars if the traffic mod sends you 4 or 5 high res cars , it's enough to f$µ§ the thing up

No traffic scripts. This happens even If I disable peds/cars from SNT.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

i think the problem is the 2 Gb . your game takes almost 75 % of the ram , i bet background services aren't happy much . try with 4 Gig

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

i think the problem is the 2 Gb . your game takes almost 75 % of the ram , i bet background services aren't happy much . try with 4 Gig

It's 2GB of Vram. I have 4GB of Dynamic RAM.

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:46 PM Edited by lol232, 03 February 2014 - 06:47 PM.

Where did you get your game from? Retail store or Steam?
Try uninstalling the mods...
...O

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:10 PM Edited by theNGclan, 03 February 2014 - 11:35 PM.

It's possible that you don't have enough VRAM. GTA IV is a poor PC port, and you are running Windows. Windows only gives you around 75% of your hardware to play around with most of the time. Plus, those cars could be extremely hi-res.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

Yeah, but is that Shared Vram OR Dedicated Vram? What is the Video card type?

dxivilea
  • dxivilea

the piss lord himself

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Where did you get your game from? Retail store or Steam?
Try uninstalling the mods...
...O

Retail, I don't like steam when it comes to games like GTA, as in the game being connected to something.

Yeah, but is that Shared Vram OR Dedicated Vram? What is the Video card type?

GTX 760

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

Yeah, BUT, Is that 2GB of vram Shared (shared with the system memory) OR Dedicated (stand alone memory)?

Also, as pointed out in the Pinned Troubleshooting topic, as posted by a moderator, Mods can cause problems with the game, so, DO a Complete un-install, delete the rest of the install directory that did not get deleted by the traditional un-install, then re-install and play the game WITHOUT mods and see if problems persists. Also, this section is for UN-MODDED games ONLY-there is a dedicated section for modding related stuff.

PS-the save WILL NOT get deleted by an un-install, as the user files folder (which is where the saves are) does NOT get touched by the un-install process-I have confirmed that with III, VC, and SA. :)

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

What graphic-card do you have and what are the system specifications in general? Have you tried to limit the amount of VRAM the game uses with commandlines, as seen here and here?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users