Muscle car question

54 replies to this topic
JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Another vote for Vigero. I love the Phoenix, but the Vigero is a better drive for sure.

I love my Phoenix too but damn it loves to spin. Sport tires seem to give it the best grip. For all around performance I say Vig.

• Dopey™ likes this

BlakeAlv
  • BlakeAlv

Admin Yo

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

The phoenix looks cool, thats it. The Gauntlet is HAND DOWN, the best muscle car, and it's the fastest muscle car. I've never lost a race in it, EVER. Well actually, if some dbag whipes me out or crashes into me I may come in 2nd or 3rd, but the gauntlet is hands down the best, and it never has ever spun out on me... i'm not quite sure what OP is talking about :/

Liquid7
  • Liquid7

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

The Gauntlet is the most stable muscle car, if your spinning it out then you're doing something wrong.

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:38 PM Edited by Ballistic Jello, 03 February 2014 - 12:39 PM.

no way the dominator is looser than the sabre or Phoenix.

Uh yeah, I've owned all three, fully modded, at the same time, and have over 200 race wins to support my statement.
The Sabre and Phoenix are both average, in all respects I think. The Dominator fully upgraded has the least traction of any car I can think of behind the Stinger GT, and could be thought of as the Comet of the muscle car class, imo.

DerpCat
  • DerpCat

Cat

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Voodoo-GTA4-Jamaican-front.jpg

Voodoo

• PerceusSOZ and iainspad like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

Gauntlet and Dominator have very good handling; love cruising around in the Dominator, very good modifications for it too.

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Gauntlet and Dominator have very good handling; love cruising around in the Dominator, very good modifications for it too.

No! No, it doesn't!

Cheezypeaz
  • Cheezypeaz

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

I've owned/driven all the muscle cars at some stage and slowly chopped what remains in my garage to the 4 that I prefer to drive and love the look and feel of . The Ruiner handles great and I like to cruise freeroam in that. The Phoenix is a faster car but I do tend to spin the back end a little more than I care for- Dominator too, but I can right the Dominator better than I can the Phoenix- perhaps because I drive it more. I enjoy the Sabre too- the sound of it as it drives through a tunne (nice!)l- again takes a little time to master, but as with the other 3 will probably be in my garage a long time. 

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by PerceusSOZ, 03 February 2014 - 01:17 PM.

Voodoo-GTA4-Jamaican-front.jpg
Voodoo

So much this. The Voodoo may not have the best acceleration or top speed, but it definitely corners the best of all of the muscle cars.

EDIT: also has the most badass engine sound in the entire game.
  • DerpCat likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

No! No, it doesn't!

How? I do know it can oversteer and the tail can spin out, but given your control of the vehicle it's a very good car. Easily my favourite.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

I just had this debate last week on here
Are you using it for races or just to cruise in?
If its for racing watch this guy

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Rubbish.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

They all get a bit sloppy if you stick a turbo on them. I found they all seem to run better without one.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Rubbish.
This from someone named Dopey..:p

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:22 PM Edited by Malibu454, 03 February 2014 - 04:26 PM.

Vigero was my favorite for doing donuts!!
Try changing to sports or other wheels
Can't confirm but there have been rumors if better traction
Gauntlet is the most forgiving and you see it at the front of tge pack most of the time racing
Depending in track Of Course!

lordemperor
  • lordemperor

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Rubbish.

Prove it by posting a video of you doing better in your stock car of choice.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:35 PM Edited by blk95ta, 03 February 2014 - 04:41 PM.

The phoenix looks cool, thats it. The Gauntlet is HAND DOWN, the best muscle car, and it's the fastest muscle car. I've never lost a race in it, EVER. Well actually, if some dbag whipes me out or crashes into me I may come in 2nd or 3rd, but the gauntlet is hands down the best, and it never has ever spun out on me... i'm not quite sure what OP is talking about :/

I have beat many gauntlets and dominators in my phoenix. You just have to know how to drive it. yes it's a little bit tail happy but it's a muscle car, that's what muscle cars do. As for the Ruiner, i own that one too, and i prefer driving the phoenix. i used to run lots of muscle car races in criminal records and other tracks and i would always run better with the phoenix than the ruiner. 

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by Malibu454, 03 February 2014 - 05:35 PM.

Phoenix is awesome I was blasting through the city w/ it last night.
All the Muscles are great.
they each have strengths and weaknesses you just have to test each one solo on your preferred course and see which works for your driving style.
The clock don't lie.
I wouldn't use CR though. It's a f$&king circle!!
Well the Ruiner has some cheap ass sheet metal..
This what happens when you hit a Titan on the runway..:p
F7775910-8DE8-4CA3-82E6-85505101E8D4_zps

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

I have beat many gauntlets and dominators in my phoenix. You just have to know how to drive it. yes it's a little bit tail happy but it's a muscle car, that's what muscle cars do. As for the Ruiner, i own that one too, and i prefer driving the phoenix. i used to run lots of muscle car races in criminal records and other tracks and i would always run better with the phoenix than the ruiner. 

Yes I have no problem believing you have beaten many Gauntlet drivers. Drivers. If you raced a Gauntlet against yourself in the Phoenix the Gauntlet would likely win, agreed? I don't think there's any debate, the Gauntlet has the tightest handling, and the straight line performance of most of them is pretty similar, excepting a couple real dogs.

OT, do you think the Ruiner is fastest straight line? I had one and dumped it, felt similar to the Dominator to me.

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

Rubbish.
This from someone named Dopey.. :p

You would have to assume that he drove each car perfectly - every single turn, every button press, it's simply not possible. So yeah, rubbish. Everyone has a driving style, which is why some folks do better with different cars. meh.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by Malibu454, 03 February 2014 - 06:25 PM.

You didn't watch the whole thing now. Did you?

Its not written in stone.

Just a real test on a real race course.

good data IMO.

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:28 PM Edited by Dopey™, 03 February 2014 - 07:28 PM.

I did watch it, what kind of muppet comments without watching? Anyway, the spread between worst (1:08 or 68 sec) and best (1:06 or 66 sec) is only about 3%. I'd say there's at least that much human error and/or profficiency at play. I bet I could do 2 seconds better in a Vigero than I could in a Dominator, for example.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

I did watch it, what kind of muppet comments without watching? Anyway, the spread between worst (1:08 or 68 sec) and best (1:06 or 66 sec) is only about 3%. I'd say there's at least that much human error and/or profficiency at play. I bet I could do 2 seconds better in a Vigero than I could in a Dominator, for example.

Idk a dopey muppet?

jk.. 

Being serious.. On what track would you do better with a Vigero? Cutting Coroners..?? IDK id like to see it.

I wish the Vigero did perform better. Its my favorite muscle. I had one and I'm looking for another now.

null_zps29e67109.jpg

sorry for the potato pic. its the only one I have of her.. :(

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

On what track would you do better with a Vigero?

Anything with turns and traffic. In a Dominator or a Sabre I'd be all over the place. Gauntlet is good too, obviously, as is the Ruiner. I'm just trying to say that the different handling could be win or fail in different hands. 

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

On what track would you do better with a Vigero?

Anything with turns and traffic. In a Dominator or a Sabre I'd be all over the place. Gauntlet is good too, obviously, as is the Ruiner. I'm just trying to say that the different handling could be win or fail in different hands. 

For sure.. I miss my Vigero. Got quite a few compliments on it and It was great for doing donuts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users