Grand Theft Auto: Carcer City

41 replies to this topic
ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

GTA 4 and TLAD are the two most grittest GTA games.TLAD being a 2nd game game in the series after SA,showed a great and dark storyline with Outlaw Biker Gangs,Bloodshed and was even more grounded to Realism than GTA 4.

GTA2!

I don't think GTA 2 was that gritty.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:44 AM Edited by ObsydianRaven, 05 March 2014 - 04:00 AM.

Update: Added in the gameplay section. The next update will be a big one, and will add more content to the characters and gangs sections, as well as location description.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Timewarp Toughguy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Update: Added in the gameplay section. The next update will be a big one, and will add more content to the characters and gangs sections, as well as location description.

Your gameplay update was a big one from where I'm standing! You've added a ton of cool sh*t. The drugs, prostitution, kidnapping, extortion. Warehouse robberies... I could go on. This is great.

I like the drug, prostitution and kidnapping features a lot. You haven't evolved the core mechanics of the first two much (more extended them) but these ideas are quality:

Players may also purchase properties that can be turned into drug labs and drug dens. At first they will be undefended and only make a small amount of profit, however as time goes on the they will make much more money, drug labs will produce more product to be sold onto the streets via dealers they can hire, and the player can hire protection. Occasionally, one of the player's dealers might keep revenue for themselves and require a good intimidation.

there is now Lab Crashing and Lab Defense. Lab Crashing is where players are tasked to destroy a gang's drug lab, while Lab Defense is where the player must defend their own drug labs.

Eventually, as the player gains more revenue from their brothels, they have the option to hire goons to protect their brothels and will have the option to send prostitutes onto the streets for additional revenue. Now of course, the more money the player makes, the more attention they'll receive from law enforcement who will sometimes set up sting operations and raid the player's brothels.

You've done a great job of factoring it all in to gear towards a grittier GTA experience. Bugger boat races and stunt trials, give me this. :^:

• ObsydianRaven likes this

Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

Winning Loser

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

I love this topic. Carcer city NEEDS to happen! Thanks for all the hard work OP

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

@Tyla: If you enjoyed those features you may enjoy the other gameplay features that'll be implemented soon.

@Mikeol1987: Yes it does and thank you for the feedback.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:10 PM Edited by ObsydianRaven, 08 March 2014 - 11:12 PM.

Update: New gangs, location descriptions, new pictures for protagonists and introduction section, new logo, and a new weapon

Ubiquitous
  • Ubiquitous

Occasional Poster...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

You, sir, have created an excellent set-up here. I have been juggling back and forth with this idea for so long now that I ended up putting it aside in favor of another original concept, you can check that out on my page. As a new user here and long-out of the game forum member, it's nice to meet you and keep up the good writing, maybe we can collaborate on a project sometime, I do need some help in the layout, pictures, and the scheme of things in terms of my concepts...

• ObsydianRaven likes this

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

You, sir, have created an excellent set-up here. I have been juggling back and forth with this idea for so long now that I ended up putting it aside in favor of another original concept, you can check that out on my page. As a new user here and long-out of the game forum member, it's nice to meet you and keep up the good writing, maybe we can collaborate on a project sometime, I do need some help in the layout, pictures, and the scheme of things in terms of my concepts...

Thank you very much for the feedback and I'd love to help work on a collab.

• Ubiquitous likes this

Ubiquitous
  • Ubiquitous

Occasional Poster...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

I have also checked out the new and improved Carcer City concept. Absolutely amazing. Well-crafted. In fact, it has inspired me to actually sit down and start writing again. If you could review my concept for GTA 6 I would greatly appreciate. Constructive criticism is what keeps me going guys. Also, if you can lend me a hand, for some reason I cannot paste anything including pictures into my concept, and when I attempt to link it I cannot escape the text box and I end up having to refresh my page. I would love to be able to add pictures and such to my concept, as I have many visuals to help aid the reader.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

I have also checked out the new and improved Carcer City concept. Absolutely amazing. Well-crafted. In fact, it has inspired me to actually sit down and start writing again. If you could review my concept for GTA 6 I would greatly appreciate. Constructive criticism is what keeps me going guys. Also, if you can lend me a hand, for some reason I cannot paste anything including pictures into my concept, and when I attempt to link it I cannot escape the text box and I end up having to refresh my page. I would love to be able to add pictures and such to my concept, as I have many visuals to help aid the reader.

We'll have to discuss this in a PM so we don't take this thread off topic.
  • Ubiquitous likes this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Timewarp Toughguy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Character and introduction sections looking real fly, syd. Enjoyed the pictures and biographies.

Can you point out to me the new gangs you added? I know it's an unusual request but you have so many I've actually lost track. Aweinspiring.

ObsydianRaven
  • ObsydianRaven

Formerly Sethpenguin

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

Character and introduction sections looking real fly, syd. Enjoyed the pictures and biographies.

Can you point out to me the new gangs you added? I know it's an unusual request but you have so many I've actually lost track. Aweinspiring.

• Aces N 187s
  • Wardogs
  • Kelly Street Killerz
  • Pumpkinhedz
  • Schaffer Family
  • Weiss Family
  • Baum Family

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users