What the point to leveling up past 120?

61 replies to this topic
codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

Do it for the money, the ranks just happen; for me the game had just begun once I got to 120..and as far as content goes both GTA IV and Red Dead got more support than they ever needed.  Rockstar has a propensity to support their most successful titles and this is thus far the record holder in addition to being their flagship game...on one hand I don't have high expectations; on the other I would be very surprised if they didn't add more than enough content.  

I'm just a couple ranks from 200; while its mostly about cash for me now, I went through a bit of a crisis around 150 where I thought I should stop caring about rp all together as well as aim mode, difficulty and just go where the wind takes me,..however over the ranks I've changed my mind completely and into the 190's I only play free aim with hard difficulty.  I've been hearing about cheater bans, so hopefully the fake ranks are noted in the automated sweeps, because being associated with that gets old when you are legit. 

The good thing is that now if you see someone with a level above 150, you know it's more than likely a legit player. Just looking at someones stats would also confirm that.

Before the big money and RP maintenance that Rockstar did, it was fun messing with players who were clearly RP glitchers. Many a mugger was called and the 'off the radar function' was abused by me to sneak up on them. My baseball bat and shottie were having the time of their lives lol

Sometimes i do miss all those script-kiddies to use as target practice  :devil:  :devil:

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE likes this

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'm rank 246 and I'm just trying to hit 500 so I can buy the Jet pack from Warstock.

And In4 someone says something like "uhh, I hacked my way past 5000 and I didn't get a jet pack". R* only sends the DLC code to ppl that earned their rank legitimately.

• EarthboundMysfit and Juanfartez like this

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:28 PM Edited by SaturdayNight, 02 February 2014 - 11:28 PM.

health bar does not increase

It could only be for people who are in a crew. I've been getting health increases since I've been past 120.. If I wasn't in a crew I would just flat out say that you're wrong but since I'm not, there's still some room to test. Wait f*ck it rank increases health and you're wrong.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

Your health does keep rising regardless so thats the only perk that I can think of. You can't really stop leveling so whats the point of this thread? For me playing missions and everything else past level 120 is just for cash.

didn't realize that health goes up beyond 120. good to know. that is definitely incentive (i'm currently 102). does anyone know at what point health caps?

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

Theoretically your health should continue to increase every lvl, but I'm not sure I see any difference between 120 and 190 actually rank 10 or rank 190 seem about the same when it comes to taking damage.

Also I'm sure they will have DLC in the future with things to unlock for higher lvls so might as well keep it growing for later.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

It gets you the ladies.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:04 AM Edited by H8GodMode, 03 February 2014 - 12:09 AM.

i dont know. i just reached 120 this week. i guess the perk is you dont have to waste time doing stupid missions that the only reason you do them is to farm RP. and what a huge disappointment finally getting the minigun, only to waste over 10k on ammo, only to lose it all when i died. just naturally playing without farming i got up a few levels above that already though.  I really have nothing i can acquire in this game now. i own everything i want and all my stats are maxxed out. just playing for the entertainment now.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:32 AM

The point is to have a number next to your name that shows how long you've played. What a stupid question.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

There will be obviously more things past level 120.

Why would R* add 1000 levels then?

I'm hopping for more cammos, maybe exclusive clothes and rewards.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:53 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 03 February 2014 - 12:54 AM.

Well rank is somewhat indicative, if you were to just surf through social club stats, you might find a rank 25 player that has 4 times the game time of a rank 100 player.  I think in the intended sense, its there to show how much content one has played, and in accordance to the game time..more specifically how Much of that time they spent 'winning' or succeeding, in contrast to failing missions, or placing last in jobs..or just playing free mode (staying busy OR just kicking around.)

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

OK, to be more specific, how much RP you've racked up. Whatever.

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

Maybe there will be some content in DLC that will require you to be past 120. Wait dlc? What was I thinking. We'll all be lvl 1000 before its out

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

what's the point in playing the game period?

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:20 AM

Your health does keep rising regardless so thats the only perk that I can think of. You can't really stop leveling so whats the point of this thread? For me playing missions and everything else past level 120 is just for cash.

didn't realize that health goes up beyond 120. good to know. that is definitely incentive (i'm currently 102). does anyone know at what point health caps?

I'm 152 and I've been getting health increases, they don't happen every rank up. But I remember getting one when I was on rank 140s too.. Possible check every 5 to 10 levels to make sure. 

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

I'm rank 260 and I stopped focusing on ranking up when I hit 120, I've been helping friends rank up and it naturally happened.

Just think of it as helping others rank up and think of the money you get.  :lol:

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:26 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 03 February 2014 - 01:34 AM.

I'm 152 and I've been getting health increases, they don't happen every rank up. But I remember getting one when I was on rank 140s too.. Possible check every 5 to 10 levels to make sure. 

Your health maxes out at level 100. When you rank up, it shows your health maxed out. It's glitched. I am absolutely certain of this. At rank 180, I take the same amount of damage from a heavy sniper as I did at rank 100 and have the same amount of health left over (if it was a body shot).

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE, z0etr0pe and LBxFinalDeath like this

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

I don't think anything will happen with future dlc for higher levels. I have noticed ranking up after level 120 is a hell of alot faster. It took me exactly 60 days playing 2-4 hours each to get to 120. I am now at 167 and that took only 9 days.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

lol.

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

My main character slot is Rank 145, second character slot is still being ranked up, it's currently sitting at Rank 63.

I guess we'll have content added that requires you to be a higher rank.

120 isn't really that hard to achieve, just time consuming.

Going to be tedious as f*ck when they add stuff for Rank 300+. Maybe even a crown for Rank 1000.

Welshlad
  • Welshlad

Too much hate in the world

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

lol ur right theres not that much point unless rock* bring out options of more garages or missons, content  that are rank specific etc im just going to aim for 1000 wish me luck! :lol:

EarthboundMysfit
  • EarthboundMysfit

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

By the time you reach lvl 120, you should have your 2nd character around lvl 40-60.

If not then returning to an ultra-lowbee character can seem like too much of a grind or just too weak/much of a headache (w/ bad wepoons) to really want to "get into".

OT: being past 120 is all but pointless right now, which is why i suggest working on toon #2.

But i figure in the future, DLC will most likely feature something over 120 to access a part of it(ie. Heist at lvl 140, Mansions at lvl 175, etc... just for examples, per say).

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:20 PM

Everything over 120 is just for show.
Rank seems to be an E-peen size.

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

The whole thing is pointless, it's a f*cking computer game....if you're having fun, play on, if not, trade it in.

The sheer levels of retardation on this forum are truly mind-blowing.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

This thread is going to turn into a discussion about nihlism...or image macros.It's a crap shoot really.

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetish Monster

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

This thread is going to turn into a discussion about nihlism...or image macros.It's a crap shoot really.

sounds like every thread here

• codename_duchess likes this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

I'm level 99 and when I reach 120 I'm going to level up my second character so I can have 20 cars.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

The only reason I play GTAO is to race. What level I've aquired while racing is of little relevance to me except of course for the ability to upgrade my cars.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

There is not currently any reason to go above 120. There probably never will be either since they didnt bother to cap the RP and levels. I don't play the game just to level...though I do level up while playing the game. There is a difference. Try it.

Jeffers123
  • Jeffers123

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

I mean seriously why should I use my couple hours a week to level up for what?

That right there is what I was responding to. No one if forcing you to level, so don't if you don't want to.

What he's trying to say is, what is the point in going past 120, why has rockstar not bothered to put anything after it? Why do people like you have to jump on everyone and try be clever?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

health bar does not increase

It could only be for people who are in a crew. I've been getting health increases since I've been past 120.. If I wasn't in a crew I would just flat out say that you're wrong but since I'm not, there's still some room to test. Wait f*ck it rank increases health and you're wrong.

Just because the stupid system keeps popping up 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 messages every time you rank does not mean anything is actually happening.

Level 100...I assure you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users