Photo

What the point to leveling up past 120?

61 replies to this topic
return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

I'm almost there now and I was wondering what's the point in getting to this level or even beyond? I know about the minigun(actually had one for awhile from a crate drop). I mean will Lester ever give you more options, maybe Lamar or merryweather?? Don't get me wrong its still fun playing this online with some chums...

I mean seriously why should I use my couple hours a week to level up for what? As it stands right now I spend almost all my time in FR.

I guess what I'm trying to convey with this post is why should people level their characters for nothing, just for the sake of leveling up?

Its almost to the point now where your level is as useless as your K/D/R...

Please try to keep your "its because of hackers" to a minimum because what you unlock has been set in place since day 1.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

i get flustered at times

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

keeps people busy i guess

• return-to-innocence likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Well I am level 151 at the moment and I have continued to play the game because I enjoy it and also because I want to buy everything avaliable. So for me personally I play for money rather than rank but obviously the more you play the more you are going to level up.

• darkwar854, Distrom, Tabula Rasa and 2 others like this

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

When you get to 120+ then.. that's it. Game Over.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Health bar?

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

If you don't feel obligated to level past 120, then... don't. Seems like a simple solution.

• x_-_Robski_-_x likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

If you dont want to level past 120, once you hit 120, stop playing, its impossible to not level up.

• x_-_Robski_-_x and SaturdayNight like this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

It's pointless, but the rank keeps going up regardless if what you do so meh, why not.

Pretty sure there's never going to be any content unlockables past lvl120. I just don't see most  new players going that far with the game anyway. The hype for GTAO is pretty done and dusted now, maybe if there is a GTAV DLC they might add some extra goodies to online mode, but after the heists I think it;s fair to say that GTAO is done lol.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Your health does keep rising regardless so thats the only perk that I can think of. You can't really stop leveling so whats the point of this thread? For me playing missions and everything else past level 120 is just for cash.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

it makes virtual thugs scared of you

• return-to-innocence and TheWomenBeater like this

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

If you don't feel obligated to level past 120, then... don't. Seems like a simple solution.

do you feel obligated? Never felt obligated to play a videogame in my life lol. Great advice BTW

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

I mean seriously why should I use my couple hours a week to level up for what?

That right there is what I was responding to. No one if forcing you to level, so don't if you don't want to.

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Your health does keep rising regardless so thats the only perk that I can think of. You can't really stop leveling so whats the point of this thread? For me playing missions and everything else past level 120 is just for cash.

if you don't know the point of a thread my advice would be not to comment... I have fun play regardless of my level, was just curious as to the incentives for such a level.

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

I mean seriously why should I use my couple hours a week to level up for what?

That right there is what I was responding to. No one if forcing you to level, so don't if you don't want to.

I asked why should I... Didn't say I felt the need to or was maybe forced to.

• Kinkade likes this

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

And I already gave you your answer. You don't want to level up, so don't. Topic over.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

my point still stands

show them e-bangers who's boss

• return-to-innocence and We Are Ninja like this

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

And I already gave you your answer. You don't want to level up, so don't. Topic over.

and yet here you are crawling back... Were you obligated?

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:52 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 02 February 2014 - 07:53 PM.

getting to 120 takes a lot of time

lot of people aren't even close

they could have just capped it 120 but they decided not to

perhaps because they have plans for the future that will require levels above 120

or perhaps they just did it for the heck of it.

regardless I think the tone of your post is a bit whiney which is quite silly

you sound like there's not enough stuff to unlock or something or how you reached max level way too soon (4 months seems like a pretty long time for any game IMO)

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

if you don't know the point of a thread my advice would be not to comment... I have fun play regardless of my level, was just curious as to the incentives for such a level.

There is no point to your thread because your asking a question as if we have a choice in IF we can level up or not.. You asked "should I" to which implies that there is a choice, there is not. You could have just had your titles, "Incentives past Rank 120, are there any?" Would have had a bit more positive feedback. But I did answer your question about there being incentive. Now that should I part is whats bothering everyone. Also your thread sounds like a rant more than a question. Then when people respond to you you respond with hostility.. you should think before you post remedial threads and then act like a dick after.. 

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Are you trying to be witty? Because it's laughable when you can't even make simple decisions for yourself.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

After 123 your dick grows a milimeter.

Anyway, the OP asked a reasonable question. I'm assuming that no, no new stuff unlocks after awhile.

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

getting to 120 takes a lot of time

lot of people aren't even close

they could have just capped it 120 but they decided not to

perhaps because they have plans for the future that will require levels above 120

or perhaps they just did it for the heck of it.

regardless I think the tone of your post is a bit whiney which is quite silly

you sound like there's not enough stuff to unlock or something or how you reached max level way too soon (4 months seems like a pretty long time for any game IMO)

first time my text has ever been called whiny lol. I do have fun playing this game I was just hoping that once I finally reached 120 there would be something more to it.

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

My guess is that Rockstar will add stuff later that requires that higher rank. There's a whole wall at Ammunation begging to be filled.

• return-to-innocence and Xyn like this

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

My guess is that Rockstar will add stuff later that requires that higher rank. There's a whole wall at Ammunation begging to be filled.

we have a winner... Why has nobody else wondered the same thing

Are you trying to be witty? Because it's laughable when you can't even make simple decisions for yourself.

and yet here you are right back... again.

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

Your health does keep rising regardless so thats the only perk that I can think of. You can't really stop leveling so whats the point of this thread? For me playing missions and everything y else past level 120 is just for cash.

There is no point to your thread because your asking a question as if we have a choice in IF we can level up or not.. You asked "should I" to which implies that there is a choice, there is not. You could have just had your titles, "Incentives past Rank 120, are there any?" Would have had a bit more positive feedback. But I did answer your question about there being incentive. Now that should I part is whats bothering everyone. Also your thread sounds like a rant more than a question. Then when people respond to you you respond with hostility.. you should think before you post remedial threads and then act like a dick after.. 

my apologies. But my topic is 'what the point to leveling past 120'. I probably should have responded with more tact. BTW what's wrong with having a ranting question? Sorry for my remedial thread.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

There is no reason to go past 120. Even if more content is added you need a higher level for if you go ahead and get that now you will suddenly find yourself with nothing to progress towards later.

I just play for fun and don't try to level up with one character at 120 and another getting close.

wigwam
  • wigwam

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

health bar does not increase

Bestin_theWorld
  • Bestin_theWorld

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

I just ranked up to a legit 200 lol

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

I'm almost there now and I was wondering what's the point in getting to this level or even beyond? I know about the minigun(actually had one for awhile from a crate drop). I mean will Lester ever give you more options, maybe Lamar or merryweather?? Don't get me wrong its still fun playing this online with some chums...

I mean seriously why should I use my couple hours a week to level up for what? As it stands right now I spend almost all my time in FR.

I guess what I'm trying to convey with this post is why should people level their characters for nothing, just for the sake of leveling up?

Its almost to the point now where your level is as useless as your K/D/R...

Please try to keep your "its because of hackers" to a minimum because what you unlock has been set in place since day 1.

There is no reason to go past 120. Even if more content is added you need a higher level for if you go ahead and get that now you will suddenly find yourself with nothing to progress towards later.

I just play for fun and don't try to level up with one character at 120 and another getting close.

Good question and i think it differs for most. It's frustrating that there's nothing else to unlock when you reach that level. I'm lvl 109 and was more than happy to reach 100 as i love the RPG, but after that, it's really only the mini gun thats left. 

Kinda hoping that they're gonna add some more PV's and properties soon. I noticed a few construction sites looking like they're more complete than when when i first started playing. Saw another thread on here where someone else mentioned that, but can't seem to find it. Think it's in the SP section

I do think in hindsight that Rockstar should have staggered the PV and apartment availability, just like the weapons, clothes and warstock vehicles. Think that would have mad it more challenging and fun as you levelled up. This also becomes totally redundant after all the DNS and RP glitchers levelled up to silly levels.

Saying that, i personally still enjoy it and when i play, i just try and make as much money in-game as possible. Hoping that they'll increase the property limit so we can have a second garage

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

Do it for the money, the ranks just happen; for me the game had just begun once I got to 120..and as far as content goes both GTA IV and Red Dead got more support than they ever needed.  Rockstar has a propensity to support their most successful titles and this is thus far the record holder in addition to being their flagship game...on one hand I don't have high expectations; on the other I would be very surprised if they didn't add more than enough content.  

I'm just a couple ranks from 200; while its mostly about cash for me now, I went through a bit of a crisis around 150 where I thought I should stop caring about rp all together as well as aim mode, difficulty and just go where the wind takes me,..however over the ranks I've changed my mind completely and into the 190's I only play free aim with hard difficulty.  I've been hearing about cheater bans, so hopefully the fake ranks are noted in the automated sweeps, because being associated with that gets old when you are legit. 

• return-to-innocence and codename_duchess like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users