Recovering Bought Cars

4 replies to this topic
Pombo22
  • Pombo22

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Yesterday I bought a Vecca (240k) from the specialty store on the in-game phone’s browser. It was delivered to my garage properly and I successfully modded it (all mods were free at Franklin’s owned garage which is nice) and saved it in Franklin’s home garage.

Today I decided that I wanted to take the beast out for a spin. After all I didn’t buy it just to leave it in the garage and drive the default car around. So, I hop in since its still saved properly and head out to do some side missions that I missed in my first play through. After a bit I got going at a nice speed on the highway but got cut off and was sent flying through the windshield. Safe to say Franklin died but I know the car didn’t, 100% armour and definitely no explosion: my Vecca was fine.

Unfortunately, its now gone. It’s not in the home garage where it was saved, it’s not in the Grove Street Garage where it originally spawned and it’s not in the Impound. A car was in there but it was the wrong one. I’m not so much annoyed because of the mods, as I said those were free and I can put them back on. What gets me is that I paid $240 000 and BOUGHT the car legitimately only to have it disappear. I can understand stolen cars vanishing like this, you never actually owned those so it makes sense. However if you BUY a car it should save.

So, my question is this: Am I actually correct and my Vecca is gone even though it was legitimately purchased? If not than how do I get it back? I’m fine re-adding the mods if I have to, they were free, but paying $240 000 for a car I can’t really drive for fear of dying or leaving it somewhere to de-spawn is ridiculous.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:05 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 02 February 2014 - 07:05 PM.

Unfortunaly, the car is gone. You will have to buy it again or reload the save if you saved the game before or after buying it.

If you haven't completed the story/Epsilon missions, then you will be able to get a new Vacca for free.

Pombo22
  • Pombo22

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

I’ve completed the story but not the Episilon missions. Unfortunately those are with Michael so I’ll have to pay for upgrades.

Guess I won’t be wasting any money buying cars then. Why do they bother selling them if you pay a ridiculous amount of the exact same odds of losing it?

What I really don’t understand is why is it not in the impound lot? There was only one car in there so its not like I over-wrote it with something else.

I could basically accept it being gone if it was actually an error on my part and I over-wrote it or something but there’s no logical reason for it not to be there. Effectively the car was abandoned so it SHOULD be impounded but the impound lot seems to just decide what they want to grab and its never what you’re looking for.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:13 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 02 February 2014 - 07:13 PM.

You can give the car to other characters. Just get them both to meet up and scare off one another. If Michael leaves the car, switch to the character that you want to have the car and steal it.

I agree with you. I lost my fully upgraded Adder after the cops decided to kill me for no reason at all. There should be a Tracker/Insurance like in Online.

It can take a while to appear in impound. It's not guaranteed that it will definetly respawn though.

RandomStunt
  • RandomStunt

The freaks come out at night..

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:16 PM Edited by StuntmanDYOM, 02 February 2014 - 07:17 PM.

I’ve completed the story but not the Episilon missions. Unfortunately those are with Michael so I’ll have to pay for upgrades.

Guess I won’t be wasting any money buying cars then. Why do they bother selling them if you pay a ridiculous amount of the exact same odds of losing it?

What I really don’t understand is why is it not in the impound lot? There was only one car in there so its not like I over-wrote it with something else.

I could basically accept it being gone if it was actually an error on my part and I over-wrote it or something but there’s no logical reason for it not to be there. Effectively the car was abandoned so it SHOULD be impounded but the impound lot seems to just decide what they want to grab and its never what you’re looking for.

Wait, i know how to share cars with Other protagonists.

1.Call the protagonist which needs the car(A) as the one who has the car(B) to hang out.

2.switch to Protagonist A

3.Do something, i'd prefer going to the Bar to get it done quickly.

4.after the hangout, the protagonist B will either leave the car and go on foot, or he will drive away with it. if he'll drive away switch around and try to steal the car by getting out of the car and quickly switching to the other to get it.

ah damn. wildbrick was quicker. he posted it when i was still writing the post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users