Quantcast

» «
Photo

What do you think Rockstar is doing right now?

127 replies to this topic
Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Can someone just f*cking lock this f*cking thread ? ? ? 

I'm tired of this f*cking sh*t right now. 

I never said i hate GTAO. (infact it's the only game i play)

I never said i knew anything about how to design games, but you all probably do  :sarcasm:

I never said i could do better.

Whatever i do if it's on the internet or IRL i get sh*t on, pissed on and tossed aside like a hankerchief. what does everyone have against me ? ? ? 

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Can someone just f*cking lock this f*cking thread ? ? ? 

I'm tired of this f*cking sh*t right now. 

I never said i hate GTAO. (infact it's the only game i play)

I never said i knew anything about how to design games, but you all probably do  :sarcasm:

I never said i could do better.

Whatever i do if it's on the internet or IRL i get sh*t on, pissed on and tossed aside like a hankerchief. what does everyone have against me ? ? ? 

I think everyone's problem is you make a thread criticizing Rockstar when quite frankly you have no clue what the hell you're even talking about.

• Xyn, am30, UchihaRingo and 1 other like this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:41 PM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 02 February 2014 - 08:42 PM.

lock the thread? huh.. nobody is forcing you to read it.  Just go somewhere else, sh*tdick.

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Request a lock, the mods aren't mind readers :p

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

not really ive owned every gta game made. but how can you not fall for it? at time of release its all you know about a game. if you tell someone hey you can do this then you get it home and none of this is in it how are you supposed to know this ahead of time. r* should sell cars.

yay lets request a lock that way cause we all have to love this game we cant have negative op. the furor loves you.

withonion
  • withonion

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

FFS. GTAO was a free online experience if you bought the game. Now if there is anyone out there who has bought the online GTA, please step up and end this sh*t. 

I bought the game, I expected an online version, just like 99.9999999% of the people who were going to buy it. Yes I was dissapointed when I read GTAO was to be released 2 weeks later (or whenever it was). BUT, and this is a f*cking huge but, I realized from the sh*t we had with GTA4 online when that was released. I could not get online with that game for weeks and stay in a game longer than 5 minutes due to server overloads. 

Rockstar were aware of that as well, so they judged how many bought the game on September 17 and set-up server according to the amount of people that were going to be playing online, they gave it 2 weeks hoping that would be enough, but even they did not have a crystal ball to see that they would sell so many copies. They even tried to rent servers all over the world, but the word was out and server rentals went through the roof (FACT).

Now here we are and there are some (not many), who bitch on forums like this. thinking the world and his dog who bought the game read these posts. WRONG. the vast majority of gamers just play the game, end of. You who bitch about something that costs the same as 2 descent take-aways, please go out there and risk £200 million and your reputation and come back here in 5 years with your kick-ass game that we will try to destroy with little petty unfounded rants, just like you have. Then and only then will you be in a position to hold you own with undoubtedly the greatest game software company there is for over 18's. 

INB4 tl,dr and wall of text troll comments....OK?

• Xyn and Varios Los Aztecas like this

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

its pointless to make conversation about my dislikes. im not ranting im just voicing my op. go risk my 200 mil rep. well if i was game designer that would make sense. if i did something subpar in my job i would surely have ppl complain about it too and prob would be disciplined for it. might as well lock it someone might read this and realize its not all its cracked up to be and then r* might loose a sale or two.

SkunkonToast
  • SkunkonToast

permastoned

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

I love all your clouded views of how businesses work. I'm pretty sure they aren't swimming in their scrooge mcduck money bin. I'm sure once you kids get jobs you will realize that most big companys have things called shareholders. Think about it developers are most likely earning a wage or are commissioned to make the game. Do you think the manager in your local McDonald's gets to keep every pound that goes through the tills?
I think your real targets of jealousy should be the directors and shareholders. I'd love to see any of them make a game anywhere near as good as GTA is, hell they couldn't program a pong clone.
  • iainspad likes this

Dr.Huge Poop
  • Dr.Huge Poop

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

Odds are at least one rockstar employee at this very second is currently using the bathroom.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

I think the developers are sitting and snorting coke they bought with the income from selling this piece of unfinished crap.

The only ideas they come up with is how to make the game even more sh*tty than it is and how to piss their customeres off.

Just look at what they've done in the last weeks, tell me something thats been good about it.

Hell does someone from R* even play the game and see how bad it is ? ? ?  :dontgetit:

or do they hire dimwittted f*cktards to play for them ?

R* needs to hire a new and better developer team and tell the old ones to  :sui:

If you could do better then go ahead.

Instead of being just another whiner on a forum that plays a game they don't like.

Dafuq,, you barely lvl 60.. WTF do you know about this game..lol

SO many whiney kids nowadays.  I expect nothing but perfect games in the next few years then with all the sh*t you guys spew daily. 

• Odesza and x_-_Robski_-_x like this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:36 PM Edited by iainspad, 02 February 2014 - 09:40 PM.

OP is a troll who is clearly ignorant on how difficult it is building a piece of software between several studios while keeping their performance in-sync.

Also, what good have they done? Well let's see...

1. Continuously trying to fix any loopholes that lead to the LSC exploit.
  2. Bringing back the Rat Loader, a vehicle they left in by accident but since people bitched hard enough about it at least they're bringing it back for a limited time.
  3. Removing the counterfeit cash exploit during server maintenance.
  4. Currently banning anyone they've found cheating, and banning in a big way.
  5. Adding new jobs while still developing a major job element in no way did they promise it would be out on release.
  6. Preventing any hacking measures and fighting those hackers hard.
  7. Continuously trying to balance out the game's economy (though this is something I don't think is ever going to work), with the money achievable continuously going up and down.

I'll say this: you are completely ignorant on software development let alone the economics of the matter. How do we know while they're trying to fix GTAO, not only are they working on the Heists but they're not making a PC version and Next-Gen editions as well? GTA V on the PC is huge given as well as next-gen, and they obviously have a release window in mind, so of course if that's the case they're working on 3 major priorities at the same time, which I can assume as the order being thus:

1. Fix GTA Online
  2. Prepare the (possible)next-gen and PC versions for release.
  3. Prepare the Heists for release.

At least two of those things are ongoing, with GTAO being the highest priority. They're not resting on their laurels, they're really busy, and that's possibly while they might be starting work on their next game, which is possibly Agent. To say that they're being lazy and burning their millions in revenue is completely stupid, because what I'm saying is an assumption as is yours, but at least my assumption is much more realistic than just bitching and crying about how certain content I want isn't there or how bad I think the game is, all the while slandering human beings who spent 5 years building it. You need to start living in the real world and not your basement.

Finally, I know what you're going to say: you're going to say I'm a dick, or I kiss Rockstar's ass, or I'm a fanboy or <insert childish comeback here>. Go ahead and do that, but bear in mind that will prove you don't like an opinion that opposes yours no matter how rational it may be, and can't take an argument let alone a bitch-slap.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

They should be working 24/7 on how to improve the game like in those world apocalypse movies  ;)

Well what specifically dont you like about it rather than just saying "Hell does someone from R* even play the game and see how bad it is ? ? ?"   I mean eveyone is entilted to their own opinion but if you dont give reasons to back up your opinion then it seems pretty useless to complain.

They remove stuff from the Online part that doesnt needs to be removed, they verify really crappy jobs, they focus on Fan pics and Crew Recruitments on the SC more than actually posting any news.
Old problems have started to pop up again, Randomly ''Timed Outs'', stats loss, Rockstar Cloud Server Not Available.

Sure they've done a good job on banning people but how long before someone finds a new way to destroy the game?
idk maybe i'm just angry at the people that hack and cheat which is the problem in the first place.

maybe Rockstar is trying to counter the Destroyers which basicly f*cks one thing up after another.

This is the reason why i shouldnt have started a topic, i'm not smart enough to back it up  :blush:

Your lack of examples nullifies your post.

What have they removed?  Other than being able to store a crappy Ratloader in your garage, which is of no importance at all, what have they removed?
Police vehicles, emblems, high payments, the Clean Rebel, and the crappy Ratloader to name a few.

None of these are of any consequence to me.  i just do Survivals and farm Coveted.  I hide in my apartment while in public free-roam and have got pleanty of cash cards.

FIXED IT FOR YOU!

KingReflex
  • KingReflex

Veteran Fighter Pilot and Wall Glitcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

They're probably probably tryin to figure out why I play so damn good at their game and how they can make it tougher.
  • Staten and iainspad like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by Vooodu, 02 February 2014 - 09:43 PM.

Dude... If you walk into a Mc Donalds filled with fattys everywhere sucking back Big Macs. And then you start talking 'sh*t' about how Mc Donalds sucks.  They would devour you.

Same logic here...  Except this is a fan forum so the fans are the fatty's and GTA is the Big Mac.

You can talk about how you could improve the Big Mac or or what you don't like.  But if you start sh*ttin' on the Big Mac you are bound to get sh*t on back.

Nothing personal at all..   :D

Some advice. If you're gonna sh*t on the big mac... Make sure you walk into a Burger King first.

x_-_Robski_-_x
  • x_-_Robski_-_x

Dislocated Member

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by x_-_Robski_-_x, 02 February 2014 - 09:44 PM.

^ Wot Voodu said in post #60.

Stop, look around, look at the detail of textures and environment, the diversity and complexity, how the AI is autonomous yet instantly interactive, how the multiplayer system works mostly seamlessly, the driving, flying, shooting, and everything else you can do... there is nothing else on current gen consoles that has achieved this level of experience in a sandbox game. It is a masterpiece.

• Vooodu likes this

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

OP is a troll who is clearly ignorant on how difficult it is building a piece of software between several studios while keeping their performance in-sync.

2. Bringing back the Rat Loader, a vehicle they left in by accident but since people bitched hard enough about it at least they're bringing it back for a limited time.
  5. Adding new jobs while still developing a major job element in no way did they promise it would be out on release.
  7. Continuously trying to balance out the game's economy (though this is something I don't think is ever going to work), with the money achievable continuously going up and down.

I'll say this: you are completely ignorant on software development let alone the economics of the matter. How do we know while they're trying to fix GTAO, not only are they working on the Heists but they're not making a PC version and Next-Gen editions as well? GTA V on the PC is huge given as well as next-gen, and they obviously have a release window in mind, so of course if that's the case they're working on 3 major priorities at the same time, which I can assume as the order being thus:

1. Fix GTA Online

At least two of those things are ongoing, with GTAO being the highest priority. They're not resting on their laurels, they're really busy, and that's possibly while they might be starting work on their next game, which is possibly Agent. To say that they're being lazy and burning their millions in revenue is completely stupid, because what I'm saying is an assumption as is yours, but at least my assumption is much more realistic than just bitching and crying about how certain content I want or how bad I think the game is, all the while slandering human beings who spent 5 years building it. You need to start living in the real world and not your basement.

Finally, I know what you're going to say: you're going to say I'm a dick, or I kiss Rockstar's ass, or I'm a fanboy or <insert childish comeback here>. Go ahead and do that, but bear in mind that will prove you don't like an opinion that opposes yours no matter how rational it may be, and can't take an argument let alone a bitch-slap.

Know what i'm about to say you say ?

Here is how my life is

I don't have a job because there are no jobs to take.

I still live at home because where would i go if i don't have any money ?

I don't have a good education.

I can't do the things i want because everyone just stare at me just like in a f*cking movie.

I don't have any friends because no one wants to be my friend, i've tried and tried and tried.

My relatives(whats left of them) doesnt even speak to me, nor would they even say hello.

My parents despise me.

Theres more but that is too f*cked to say here.

someone probably has worser than me but atleast they have something.

If someone of you would live my life for one day, you'd ask yourself how can this person still live this way?!?!

I'll tell you why, i'm afraid of how the afterlife is going to be if this life is so damn wretched.

Don't even bother commenting if it's stupid, just keep it in your skull.

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Nothing apart from acting smug from all of the $$$ they are making from cash cards.

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:48 PM Edited by iainspad, 02 February 2014 - 09:48 PM.

Know what i'm about to say you say ?

Here is how my life is

I don't have a job because there are no jobs to take.

I still live at home because where would i go if i don't have any money ?

I don't have a good education.

I can't do the things i want because everyone just stare at me just like in a f*cking movie.

I don't have any friends because no one wants to be my friend, i've tried and tried and tried.

My relatives(whats left of them) doesnt even speak to me, nor would they even say hello.

My parents despise me.

Theres more but that is too f*cked to say here.

someone probably has worser than me but atleast they have something.

If someone of you would live my life for one day, you'd ask yourself how can this person still live this way?!?!

I'll tell you why, i'm afraid of how the afterlife is going to be if this life is so damn wretched.

Don't even bother commenting if it's stupid, just keep it in your skull.

Kid, I'm gonna say this; I would probably say the same back at you...but I'm unsure if you're trolling here.

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt; you need to talk to someone? Message me. I've had stupid sh*t happen and it's bollocks, but if you're being genuine here then there's no reason we can't talk about serious things as you're describing.

• Narratorjuan and WBaker like this

jessyaudrina
  • jessyaudrina

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

1. Fix GTA Online

At least two of those things are ongoing, with GTAO being the highest priority. They're not resting on their laurels, they're really busy, and that's possibly while they might be starting work on their next game, which is possibly Agent. To say that they're being lazy and burning their millions in revenue is completely stupid, because what I'm saying is an assumption as is yours, but at least my assumption is much more realistic than just bitching and crying about how certain content I want isn't there or how bad I think the game is, all the while slandering human beings who spent 5 years building it. You need to start living in the real world and not your basement.

disagreed. You clearly have no idea how business works.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

They should be working 24/7 on how to improve the game like in those world apocalypse movies  ;)

Well what specifically dont you like about it rather than just saying "Hell does someone from R* even play the game and see how bad it is ? ? ?"   I mean eveyone is entilted to their own opinion but if you dont give reasons to back up your opinion then it seems pretty useless to complain.

They remove stuff from the Online part that doesnt needs to be removed, they verify really crappy jobs, they focus on Fan pics and Crew Recruitments on the SC more than actually posting any news.
Old problems have started to pop up again, Randomly ''Timed Outs'', stats loss, Rockstar Cloud Server Not Available.

Sure they've done a good job on banning people but how long before someone finds a new way to destroy the game?
idk maybe i'm just angry at the people that hack and cheat which is the problem in the first place.

maybe Rockstar is trying to counter the Destroyers which basicly f*cks one thing up after another.

This is the reason why i shouldnt have started a topic, i'm not smart enough to back it up  :blush:

What have they removed?  Other than being able to store a crappy Ratloader in your garage, which is of no importance at all, what have they removed?
Police vehicles, emblems, high payments, the Clean Rebel, and the crappy Ratloader to name a few.

None of these are of any consequence to me.  i just do Survivals and farm Coveted.  I hide in my apartment while in public free-roam and have got pleanty of cash cards.

FIXED IT FOR YOU!

Go away you poor attempt of a troll.  There is no need to farm and I don't hide in my apartment and I have not yet bought a single cash card, but if I did, you'd be the first to know so I can bask in your outrage at something that does not affect you in anyway.

Haven't you got a 9 year old to spawn kill 40 times to make you feel like a big man rather than troll in on here?

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:50 PM Edited by iainspad, 02 February 2014 - 09:51 PM.

1. Fix GTA Online

disagreed. You clearly have no idea how business works.

You're right, I don't, but I have a general grasp as to what their potential priorities are.

You seem to have forgotten my post was an assumption, don't act like I wrote it as gospel. Hell, your post is vague; enlighten me.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Tossing each others salads.

• iainspad likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Tossing each other off.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.  :sui:

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Probably playing "Seal Team Six" and realizing what a POS it is.

Or laughing about the fact that they don't GAF and verified such lousy custom content. 

"We verified this! Hahahahaha! No wonder people are pissed!"

(Jackie Martling voice) "Got your money, suckers!" (/Jackie Martling voice.)

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

You're a good 'un, Iainspad.

• iainspad likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

You're a good 'un, Iainspad.

Thanks narratorjuan! :)
Cat-High-Five-GIF.gif

• Narratorjuan likes this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

Being Sunday evening, they're probably all at home.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:46 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 02 February 2014 - 10:49 PM.

I agree with OP, I'd fire a bunch of f*cking idiots over there over design decisions.  The weapon wheel is completely retarded having everyone carrying an arsenal, pulling weapons out of their f*cking ass.  It's f*cking Wile E. Coyote type ridiculous sh*t.

They should have concentrated on the gameplay mechanics, BALANCED classes for everyone, and especially focused on stealth gameplay.  Don't f*cking get me started on tanks in f*cking every server, immersion is f*cked because of idiot developers thinking this was cool.  f*cking dumbasses have no idea what BALANCE is.  Way too much military weaponry and it should have been a more street oriented game.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

FIXED IT FOR YOU!

Go away you poor attempt of a troll.  There is no need to farm and I don't hide in my apartment and I have not yet bought a single cash card, but if I did, you'd be the first to know so I can bask in your outrage at something that does not affect you in anyway.

Haven't you got a 9 year old to spawn kill 40 times to make you feel like a big man rather than troll in on here?

why so mad bro?

i just fixed your post.

btw im not a troll in this forum, everybody know that...

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

Probably working on a number of new games as well as trying to improve GTA in a way that will benefit them and their customers. Oh, and wiping their asses with hundred dollar bills...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users