Photo

There are no more street racing games?

9 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

The NFS series turned into burnout, where you can't tune cars, and there hasn't been a new midnight club in 6 years.  Where did they all go?

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Agreed. It'd be awesome if someone made a huge open world, put a sh*t ton of cars in it (from crappy to the best of the world) and let them be customizable as sh*t!

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 02 February 2014 - 08:28 PM.

MCLA car customisation + GTA IV driving mechanics + GTAV shooting mechanics

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN DONE YET?

All these years and nobody has ever thought of a sandbox game with actual car customisation.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Ye, prolly will return someday. NFS underground 1 was most fun. Gran turismo allows car tweaks + minor tuning but not more as spoiler or car painting but you prolly want alot tuning options ( then gt not good ).

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

http://www.gameinfor...cing-games.aspx

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:36 AM Edited by ryuclan, 03 February 2014 - 12:37 AM.

I almost bought Hot Pursuit yesterday. I know it's not really a street racing game but it reminds me of Hot Pursuit 2 which is one of my favorite racing games. I would love a new street racing game and I wish I had a PS4 to play the Drive Club on

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Pass The Whiskey

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

MCLA car customisation + GTA IV driving mechanics + GTAV shooting mechanics

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN DONE YET?

All these years and nobody has ever thought of a sandbox game with actual car customisation.

This, except for the shooting mechanics. Needs more bulletspread.
  • lazy. likes this

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:48 AM Edited by TECHN9CiAN, 03 February 2014 - 08:49 AM.

Simple answer: theres a declining interest for street racing in general.

Street racing's popularity peaked in the 90s and early 2000's with Fast & the Furious. Thats when more and more people took interest, gaming companies and developers noticed the trend and cashed on it first chance they could. But after the novelty began wearing out, both by the JDM heads and street racing gamers, the companies that made street racing games stopped making them when they realized the loss of interest and declining sales.

Thats all.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

Simple answer: theres a declining interest for street racing in general.

Street racing's popularity peaked in the 90s and early 2000's with Fast & the Furious. Thats when more and more people took interest, gaming companies and developers noticed the trend and cashed on it first chance they could. But after the novelty began wearing out, both by the JDM heads and street racing gamers, the companies that made street racing games stopped making them when they realized the loss of interest and declining sales.

Thats all.

That's why we need to make street racing cool again. Link it to guns and gangsta sh*t. Next GTA with MCLA car customisation, they see the guns, they see the cars, oh bitches gonna weep. people will buy it cos it's GTA.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 03 February 2014 - 04:05 PM.

My guess would be that Forza and Grand Turismo and other car games,NFS, bought up all the rights to all the cars in there games. Meaning that no one else can have them to use for any other games. This is just a huge guess at most. So someone could actually bring out a new street racing game, but it would have made-up cars in it though and not the real deal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users