• South-Africa

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

AssassinLogo.png

Title: Assassin's creed 5 (?)
Genre: Action
Publisher: Ubisoft
Platforms: X360, XB1, PS3, PS4, PC
Release Date: TBA (expected in 2014)

As Ubisoft stated a few years ago, there will be a new Assassins Creed game every year...

...Because the adventures of Edward Kenway sold better on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Ubisoft plans to continue releasing more installments on both generations. This also means that we may see a multi-disc game next year as every installment tries to be bigger and more impressive than the last.

Right now, all publishers are transitioning their development resources. For a game like Assassins Creed Black Flag, most of the sales are still going to be on current generation platforms. We cant make a version for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One thats so wildly different that we cant market them together. So, for now, developers and designers are focused on making a game that works really well on all of the systems but as we transition resources to the next gen, its going to be more difficult to do that because the power of these machines is going to allow so much more creativity.
- Tony Key, Ubisoft senior vice president of sales and marketing.

While the Assassins Creed 5 release date will most likely see it once again on current and next gen consoles, there wont be that dramatic a difference between the two.

http://www.inquisitr...e-set-for-2014/

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

I hope that it is set in India, during the British colonial rule there. 

• Ferocious Banger likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

I think they should just stop assassins creed i'm starting to get bored of the whole assassin templar story, They should continue with the animus thing so they can still make games set in different places and time periods but have their own stories with nothing to do with assassin's creed. also the next one should be set in asia,

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

Been a fan of the series since AC II and have to say that AC Black Flag has been my favourite in the series so far so AC V or whatever it will be called has alot to live up to.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

I don't feel that AC is a series that needs a "next gen boost" and I don't think there is anything to gain if Ubisoft ditched the 7th gen. But then again, I'm a huge sceptic when it comes to next-gen consoles.

Anyway, I'm very, very excited. Black Flag was the best AC since II and restored my faith in the franchise. I assume that AC V will be set, once again, in the 18th century, to complete the Kenway saga in a trilogy (just like the Ezio Trilogy). If so, I hope Haytham will be the protagonist. He was, by far, the best thing about AC III. Of course, the game would be more "Templar's Creed" than, but AC IV wasn't really about assassins either and it worked. As for setting, I don't know, maybe we should leave America (just like Ezio left Italy for Revelations). India or China would be very interesting.

If we don't get Haytham, then do French Revolution already. AC III should have been about that anyway, so why not go full circle?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

Make it in Japan and they got my money.
  • Adler and CatDog96 like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

As for setting, I don't know, maybe we should leave America (just like Ezio left Italy for Revelations). India or China would be very interesting.

Only one game has been set in America (not counting DLC's etc) so maybe there is more to explore on the American front but I personally would like to see it in a brand new location. Asia is a good choice IMO.

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

It can't be for nothing

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Russia is a good location but snow has been done before, so Japan maybe

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Personally, I'm hoping for a London setting based around either the Industrial Revolution or the Victorian era. There's just so much content and many famous figures to work with given that the city was in a state of rapid growth and the connections it has with Templars, such as the Temple Church on Fleet Street, the HQ of the Templar's in the 12th Century. Not to mention that London around that time would make an atmospheric setting that arguably hasn't been seen since Venice in ACII.

Another location I wouldn't mind seeing is France, although not during the Revolution like most suggest. I think basing it from 1290 up to about 1320 would work rather well, given that the period would be a key moment in Templar history, given that the real Knights Templar were hunted for heracy and disbanded around that time.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:43 PM Edited by TaviColen123, 02 February 2014 - 07:46 PM.

DarthShinobi, on 02 Feb 2014 - 6:37 PM, said:DarthShinobi, on 02 Feb 2014 - 6:37 PM, said:

Make it in Japan and they got my money.

China is more my thing, but this could work too . Also maybe a game based in the period of Genghis Khan and the mongolians , that would be awesome .

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

I'm just going to repeat what I say every time we talk about the next AC game.

PLEASE take the adventure to Asia or India. I'm tired of Europe and the Americas are boring.

thanks.

• CatDog96 likes this

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Can it be set in revolutionary France so we can get it over with? 

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

I hope they make it in Antarctica!

Egypt, India, or China would be my top picks. Please, no Japan, this game will be hijacked and deemed 'kawaii' by anime watchers. 

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

I wonder if they will be able to top black flag.

Well I suppose they will have to drop the whole pirate thing since that's been done, ships and traveling the sea was a big part of the gameplay so now they have to have a different feature to replace it.

I don't know if they can top it to be honest.

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:43 AM

ACIV was great but I have my complaints about it and I hope Ubisoft doesn't repeat what I saw as mistakes going forward.

To wit:

• Despite never being trained in how to be a proper assassin, Edward was able to do all of their moves flawlessly. I understand he had to climb masts and freerun across them so that's fine, but being able to do every hidden blade maneuver as good as Connor after Connor was trained? I don't know man, they could have at least made him less efficient/graceful at first.
  • Edward wasn't really an assassin for most of the game. He was mostly a 3rd party who had the same goals as both factions and wore the assassin outfit.
  • Edward basically solves everything in the last sequence. Kills Roberts, Kills the Grand Master, Kills everyone that had been antagonizing him throughout the game. In prettymuch every previous game, every target basically had their own sequence with a few exceptions.
  • While the hacking was great in the modern day parts, I really hope they let you control someone else with personality moving forward. Hell, they could have allowed us to control William since Edward is his ancestor as well.

I hope that Connor and Haytham both share the spotlight in the next AC game as dual leads. How would that work, you ask? Remember how Revelations had you controlling Ezio as he hunted for Masayf keys that forced him to replay memories of Altair's life? They could have an older, more jaded but still idealistic Connor moving through Europe wanting to learn more about his father's life through similar artifacts. Considering he was trained in France by Reginald, there could be parts where he nearly gets involved with the French Revolution. If Ubisoft really releases 2 AC games this year, they could even have one starring Connor and the other starring some new Assassin that's actually deeply involved with the French and there could be a crossover sequence or two. It'd be awesome to see Connor telling someone that shares traits with his younger self how revolutions go for people like them.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

Haytham was such an interesting character.

God, AC3 could have been much better if they did better character developement on Connor.

All I remember about him was being half Indian and Bristish. That's it.

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

The ending was pretty boring at the end of Black Flag. I suggest they continue the story from kenway like 10 years on.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

The ending was pretty boring at the end of Black Flag. I suggest they continue the story from kenway like 10 years on.

There's not much need to really. The events were all captured in the novel Assassin's Creed: Forsaken. They should move on from the Kenway's, given that there's no major loose ends.

• Hodgey. likes this

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

My deal choices would be:

* Ancient Central Africa

* India, either during the Mughal Empire or the Brtish Raj

* Aztecs around the Spanish Invasion

* Ancient Mesopotamia

* Medieval South East Asia (Cambodia/ Vietnam)

* Ancient China

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

No! No more Kenway! It's time for India, revolutionary France, or the Russian revolution!

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:44 PM Edited by RedBull FM, 09 February 2014 - 04:45 PM.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

ACIV was great but I have my complaints about it and I hope Ubisoft doesn't repeat what I saw as mistakes going forward.

To wit:

• Despite never being trained in how to be a proper assassin, Edward was able to do all of their moves flawlessly. I understand he had to climb masts and freerun across them so that's fine, but being able to do every hidden blade maneuver as good as Connor after Connor was trained? I don't know man, they could have at least made him less efficient/graceful at first.
  • Edward wasn't really an assassin for most of the game. He was mostly a 3rd party who had the same goals as both factions and wore the assassin outfit.
  • Edward basically solves everything in the last sequence. Kills Roberts, Kills the Grand Master, Kills everyone that had been antagonizing him throughout the game. In prettymuch every previous game, every target basically had their own sequence with a few exceptions.
  • While the hacking was great in the modern day parts, I really hope they let you control someone else with personality moving forward. Hell, they could have allowed us to control William since Edward is his ancestor as well.
I hope that Connor and Haytham both share the spotlight in the next AC game as dual leads. How would that work, you ask? Remember how Revelations had you controlling Ezio as he hunted for Masayf keys that forced him to replay memories of Altair's life? They could have an older, more jaded but still idealistic Connor moving through Europe wanting to learn more about his father's life through similar artifacts. Considering he was trained in France by Reginald, there could be parts where he nearly gets involved with the French Revolution. If Ubisoft really releases 2 AC games this year, they could even have one starring Connor and the other starring some new Assassin that's actually deeply involved with the French and there could be a crossover sequence or two. It'd be awesome to see Connor telling someone that shares traits with his younger self how revolutions go for people like them.

But Connor has been the worst character by far. AC3 has even stopped me from continuing he series. But it seems as if 4 is good? So I only may pick it up later in the year.
I don't know yet.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hopefully Ubisoft will come up with a better name by release time.

​As for ideas, maybe something along the lines of Genghis Kahn….? Or Feudal Japan. Too many revolutions and guns in the series by now, me thinks.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

I will put aside my hate against Ubisoft for how have they milked Assassins Creed series and say that in the next game, as it's pretty much confirmed they will continue milking the series, they should do a place with a good amount of tall building where to climb and spend a good time doing it and less wilderness, unlike the sh*tty small cities of AC3 and IV.

Also, make the controls 'harder', like in the old games. Now they seem designed for idiots, everything is so automatic that is boring to do anything...

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

The game may take place in Russia (Protvino, near Moscow - famous for it's proton accelerator program)

http://www.onlysp.co...lace-in-russia/

Modern day setting (Soviet Russia)?

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

Cold War!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:36 AM Edited by iNero, 25 February 2014 - 03:36 AM.

Why should it be modern? only because its in russia?!
Theres alot of history too.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:11 AM

That's the first thing that came to mind. :p When I think Russia I think WW2, and the Cold War.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

If AC4 had a completely different title, i wouldnt mind, because it certainly didnt feel like an AC game to me. Too much pirate.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:01 PM

I actually hope for more Open World Features.

More Sidemissions/Activities and so on. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users