Quantcast

» «
Photo

Official ''Additional Vehicle Modifications List'' Thr

55 replies to this topic
Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:43 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 02 February 2014 - 08:41 PM.

Good afternoon.

So I decided to make this thread to organize all the questions and answers together. 

There are some vehicles which can't have certain modifications and this thread will give you a list of them. 

Usually there's a number of vehicles where you can't modify their wheels, window tints, suspension or even performance options.

In order for this to work, I require the forum members co-operation! Post me the added options that aren't on the list and maybe even add pictures!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way to do it:

(previously I posted some random video on how to do it but it caused too much drama since people took it the wrong way)

- Scoobroid

I'll list the instructions here, as I understand them, having done it with the Sanchez.

1. Go to an invite only session.
2. Set the spawn to last location.
3. Select the vehicle you want to mod and park it outside the Rockford Hills Los Santos Customs next to the LSC door on the yellow marked area sprayed on the concrete.
4. Find a normally moddable NPC vehicle on the street (in the case of a Sanchez, this must be a bike). 
5. Drive NPC vehicle into LSC and select the category of mod you want to apply to your unmoddable vehicle. Say for instance you want to custom wheels, go to the wheels option and have it highlighted at front wheel. Or if you're in a car go to windows and have it highlighted at Limo.
6. Press Start (Xbox) or the PSN button and go to R* gamestore/playstation store, wait for it to load fully.
7. Unplug ethernet cable or sign out. This will kick you from online. Then plug it back in or sign back in.
8. When you are back in single player, make sure you are signed in.
9. Go back to an online invite only session.
10. If you have done things right, you should spawn on/in your unmoddable vehicle right near LSC.
11. Drive in to LSC. You should NOT get the normal cut scene and it should take you straight to the mod option you previously selected. You can then apply it to your normally unmoddable vehicle.

This may not work on the first try. I got it on my third try twice with two different vehicles.

The List:

- Bullet (Window Tints)

- Banshee (Window Tints)

- Injection (Wheel Options, Window Tints)

- Khamelion (Transmission)

- Voltic (Turbo)

- Dilettante (Turbo)

- Surge (Turbo, Transmission)

- Tornado - Rusty Mariachi version (Everything basically)

- Dune Buggy (Wheel Options, Turbo, Engine)

- Sanchez (Wheel Options)

- Faggio (Wheel Options)

- Picador (Suspension)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't come online so I need someone to test if you could customize the licence plate on a Rebel. I know the plate is visible but there isn't an option for it. Also I know there are some where you can lower suspension but like I said... I can't go online to check.

• pokemon4ever, mikezilla2, Vooodu and 2 others like this

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

What makes this so 'official'?

• djmatao likes this

Ibareny
  • Ibareny

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Good afternoon.

So I decided to make this thread to organize all the questions and answers together. 

There are some vehicles which can't have certain modifications and this thread will give you a list of them. 

Usually there's a number of vehicles where you can't modify their wheels, window tints, suspension or even performance options.

In order for this to work, I require the forum members co-operation! Post me the added options that aren't on the list and maybe even add pictures!

The way to do it:

Spoiler

The List:

- Bullet (Window Tints)

- Banshee (Window Tints)

- Khamelion (Turbo)

- Voltic (Turbo)

- Dilettante (Turbo)

- Surge (Turbo)

- Tornado - Rusty Mariachi version (Everything unlocks)

- Dune Buggy (Wheel Options)

- Faggio (Wheel Options)

I can't come online so I need someone to test if you could customize the licence plate on a Rebel. I know the plate is visible but there isn't an option for it. Also I know there are some where you can lower suspension but like I said... I can't go online to check.

Electric cars can't get turbo..

ffs

Nipper
  • Nipper

Beware the 'stache

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

Good afternoon.

The way to do it:

Spoiler

The List:

- Bullet (Window Tints)

- Banshee (Window Tints)

- Khamelion (Turbo)

- Voltic (Turbo)

- Dilettante (Turbo)

- Surge (Turbo)

- Tornado - Rusty Mariachi version (Everything unlocks)

- Dune Buggy (Wheel Options)

- Faggio (Wheel Options)

Electric cars can't get turbo..

ffs

Hence the glitch.

Rented
  • Rented

GTA Vet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

45538708.jpg

• Thespaz9, djmatao and djdest like this

Rico UK
  • Rico UK

The Veteran

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

You can add transmission to the Surge as well. I imagine you can also glitch both of these (turbo works too) onto the Voltic as well as both electric. 

Joe89NUFC
  • Joe89NUFC

NUFC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

tints on my hardtop banshee 

0_0.jpg

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

I can't open the video. Is it the LSc method or save editor?

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:42 PM Edited by CReaper210, 02 February 2014 - 01:42 PM.

Change or remove the spoiler on the Comet.

Be able to add or remove a hardtop/convertible top on a car. The Banshee, for example. I bought it THREE times trying to get the regular hardtop version and it kept giving me the convertible version, so I gave up on buying the Banshee.

You can change it for the Buccaneer, so why not other cars?

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

So let me get this straight. This is apparently "official", you posted a Youtube video instead of a text guide so you could whore likes and subs, AND you expect this to take off over our IN-DEPTH modding thread that thoroughly discusses this same exact thing with much more in-depth information?

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

• Argonaut, Hoosierdaddy76, djmatao and 1 other like this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:33 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 02 February 2014 - 06:00 PM.

Picador does not have a suspension option. It should have MANY more mod options available.

Here are the instructions i was given by a member here for tinting the Banshee windows. This method should work with other mods as well.

First you get your banshee out the garage and drive to LSC, park it in the yellow striped zone next to the opening door, and press start, options and set spawn location to last location.

Now get out of your car and just grab a random car that does have the option to taint the windows.

Drive that car into LSC, go to the menu to buy the tained roof and highlight limo tint for windows, but don't buy it.

Now you leave it highlighted, press start, tap right all the way and go into the Playstation store for the cash cards and press X to go to the store. 'same on xbox'

Wait untill the store is fully loaded. Now press the PS button on your controller, go to your account and log out.

Single player/ofline will load into a new game, now log in again, and again press start, start invite only session and you should spawn in or near your Banshee.

Now just drive the Banshee into LSC

And it should teleport you a few feet in and the menu to chose the tinted glass should be open, and you can buy it.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:17 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 02 February 2014 - 03:19 PM.

So let me get this straight. This is apparently "official", you posted a Youtube video instead of a text guide so you could whore likes and subs, AND you expect this to take off over our IN-DEPTH modding thread that thoroughly discusses this same exact thing with much more in-depth information?

Who whoa whoa whoa... That isn't even my video, I only posted it so people know how to do it. 

I found a lot of threads regarding this and they were all mixed so I decided to make this one to gather everything here. I'm not ''whoring'' anything, I'm trying to help others find this in one place. You think I only posted this for likes..? What??? I've seen this video around threads on these forums which is why I picked it, why would I want to ''whore likes and subs'' for someone I don't even know, you're not making any sense here.

I didn't know there was a modding thread already with this inside...

Fu*k.... I take my time to make a thread to help others and this is what I get in return. Unbelievable.

• vipermedic, lunaticz0r, S-M-O-K-E and 1 other like this

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

E34 FANATIC!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

according to this everyones been able to mod the mariachi tornado but how come its not not letting me change the color of it? i can only add turbo i've tried engine, transmission, exhaust , bumpers, and none of em work.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Glitches like this are useful.

Thanks OP.

Finally got a banshee with tinted windows :D

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:38 PM Edited by Scoobroid, 02 February 2014 - 04:49 PM.

I don't think Zorvaine deserves flaming for making this. There have been several posts recently where people have asked about using the LSC glitch to put mods on things that don't normally have the option. For example, after seeing two threads about it, I put some street rims on a Sanchez yesterday.

In order to keep things organised (thus doing the forum community a favour), Zorvaine said in one thread that he'd bring this all together. I don't think he is trying to usurp another thread (isn't the other big thread about legit "standard" mods?), this thread is different as it is specifically addressing things like Bullet window tints that can't normally be done with a simple visit to LSC. He's not trying to get likes or subs on his own video either.

Apologies if I'm wrong about the other thread, I haven't looked at it, but I don't think Zorvaine deserves any anger directed at him for this...

• Chuck Finley and Zorvaine like this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by MantisFang, 02 February 2014 - 04:44 PM.

Cool.. this will be a great start for a comprehensive list of vehicles with unlockable options.

Good idea

BF Dune Buggy  (Tires,Engine,Turbo)

• Vooodu likes this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Agreed. Having all the vehicles & their missing options at LSC should all be in one place.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:55 PM Edited by MantisFang, 02 February 2014 - 04:57 PM.

Since it requires knowledge of which option to choose for the first part of the trick:

Perhaps we should list each option specifically, as you need to find a vehicle with that option available as well.

ie: Mariachi Tornado (Engine, Front/Back Bumper, Hood etc..)

Another helpful companion list might be cars to use as dummy vehicles with those options ready to choose for the unlock part of the trick.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

/\ This is a good point. It took me a while to realise that you have to take a bike into LSC if you want to do the rims on a Sanchez, a car won't work. This can make it problematic as some of the more common NPC bikes (Hexer, Bati) can't be taken into LSC.

I went to YT and found a guide that told me to take a (moddable) bike in and highlight the "front/rear" section of bike rims, then found another YT vid showing me where I could get a guaranteed Daemon spawn to do the glitch (you can get one by doing the gang attack at the small trailer park just southwest of the quarry).

• MantisFang likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Great thread, I knew of this glitch but never owned a vehicle that had 'locked' mod options. Good to know when I get a banshee I need to do this trick for tints.

Every other vehicles locked mods are meh.... Turbos on non turbo vehicles is kinda cool too.

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

For the record the game actually does let you put Turbo on the Khamelion without glitching, what it doesn't let you mod is the Transmission. Doesn't make sense that I can see but I've got the CE so I'd know. Actually I was just asking in the other thread, anyone have thoughts on whether R* is likely to punish people for glitching performance mods onto electric cars? I know the Voltic may likely be too good with the mods and cheap in races but all the other cars are so slow that even with these upgrades they'd still only barely be race worthy, if that.

I'd just love to have a Transmission on my Khamelion, but it's not worth it to me if I'll get in trouble for it. I already used this glitch a little while back to put tinted windows on my Banshee, I can't imagine there being a problem with that, but I'm wondering if I'd be crossing the line with the performance mod even though for me it wouldn't be giving any unfair advantage that I can see.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

No one can say if R* will view this as punishable or not, they can only give an opinion. Mine is that these glitches may be patched out at some point but I doubt people will be punished for it.

AnalInvader
  • AnalInvader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Wait, you have to purchase the modifications you want in the other car or just select it?

Does somebody have a picture of a modified Mariachi? Do you really can change everything?

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

That's why I asked for thoughts, unless anyone had already heard of oeople being banned I didn't expect them to know for sure, I'm just really tempted to make my Khamelion actually drivable in free roam without feeling I'm in a clunker, but don't think it's worth time in the cheater pool, even a day would be more of an annoyance than having the mod would be worth.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

they're not banning for duping adders, they didn't ban for storing pv tanks and police vehicles I highly doubt they'll ban you for putting a tranny in your khamelion.

Run a modded DNS server giving hundreds of thousands dollars away for completing a mission. Oh yo gonna get banned son.

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by Scoobroid, 02 February 2014 - 05:50 PM.

Wait, you have to purchase the modifications you want in the other car or just select it?

Does somebody have a picture of a modified Mariachi? Do you really can change everything?

I'll list the instructions here, as I understand them, having done it with the Sanchez.

1. Go to invite only session.

2. Set spawn to last location.

3. Select vehicle you want to mod and park it outside LSC (I parked in the marked bays near the wall on the left as you exit the central LSC).

4. Find normally moddable NPC vehicle on the street (in the case of a Sanchez, this must be a bike).

5. Drive NPC vehicle into LSC and select the category of mod you want to apply to your unmoddable vehicle.

6. Press Start (Xbox) and go to R* gamestore, wait for it to load fully.

7. Unplug ethernet cable or turn off router (not sure if signing out of XBL works or not). This will kick you from online. Then plug back in/switch router back on.

8. When you are back in single player, sign back in.

9. Go back to online invite only session.

10. If you have done things right, you should spawn on/in your unmoddable vehicle right near LSC.

11. Drive in to LSC. You should NOT get the normal cut scene and it should take you straight to the mod option you previously selected. You can then apply it to your normally unmoddable vehicle.

Got that? Good, it took a surprisingly long time to write. Hope it's helpful.

AnalInvader
  • AnalInvader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

1. Go to invite only session.

2. Set spawn to last location.

3. Select vehicle you want to mod and park it outside LSC (I parked in the marked bays near the wall on the left as you exit the central LSC).

4. Find normally moddable NPC vehicle on the street (in the case of a Sanchez, this must be a bike).

5. Drive NPC vehicle into LSC and select the category of mod you want to apply to your unmoddable vehicle.

6. Press Start (Xbox) and go to R* gamestore, wait for it to load fully.

7. Unplug ethernet cable or turn off router (not sure if signing out of XBL works or not). This will kick you from online. Then plug back in/switch router back on.

8. When you are back in single player, sign back in.

9. Go back to online invite only session.

Got that? Good, it took a surprisingly long time to write. Hope it's helpful.

Thanks dude, gonna try with my mariachi.

Also I think you don't really need to disconnect, just leaving the game store should work, I'm not sure tho.

Thisguyherenow
  • Thisguyherenow

Happy Halloween !!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Ive tried the mariachi with the lsc glitch and save editor. No visual changes can be made using the lsc glitch aside from bpt, cant respray. Need save editor to respray and change plates and tire smoke but everything else stays the same, cant even change wheel type.

Not sure about performance upgrades but the turbo doesnt stick.
  • Chuck Finley likes this

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

At so I actually just tried the glitch and it brought the menu up for the Transmission upgrade but there were no options to select, just an empty menu that said "Selection Invalid" if I clicked on it.

NomadRider
  • NomadRider

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Dislike! Hate these loser u-tubers who try to use this forum to promote their lame videos.  Did not watch do not intend to watch. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users