• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic
RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

I'd like to know from mostly PC gamers if you guys have caved in and bought it on console yet.

My reason for asking is because I've held out for this long, but now I find myself watching gameplay and thinking to myself, "man that looks like fun, I'd love to play for myself" but then immediately after I remind myself of the very reasons why I've held out this long in the first place. I've got the money, now I'm just holding out on sheer willpower alone.  

So for those that have caved in, please explain why you did. Do you feel guilty that you caved in? Do you regret it? Or are you satisfied?

For those that didn't cave in, why? How much longer will you wait? And why do you think I shouldn't cave in?

I was going to turn this into a poll, but anyone can vote and it will be anonymous, so trolls will just abuse it. 

And one more thing: For those that already have the game (whether you're primarily a PC gamer or not) do you still enjoy the game today?

My worry with buying this on console is that I won't have the freedom I'm used to on PC: which is my second main reason for holding out for this long. So please, good replies with fully fleshed out responses that makes sense. For as long as the thread stays alive for anyway =)

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:08 AM

Some did. However be like Spongebob, just give it a dry stare saying ''I don't need it'' for several days until they finally decide to announce it.

• DeafMetal likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

El Hoxo

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:12 AM Edited by Xerukal, 02 February 2014 - 09:13 AM.

I caved in, yeah. Back in November. 

Even though I initially had fun and enjoyed playing through the story, I didn't have that same feeling I had with IV when It finally released on PC...  That.... thing. That magic.  

In the long run, though. I regret it. My first experience wasn't a pleasant one although the gameplay itself was fun. The feel of the game on a console with a controller was what ruined it for me, in the end. 

Just wait until the end of February. If we get don't get an announcement by March 1st, go ahead and give in.

• Drunken Cowboy, Aleph-Zero and soudruhger like this

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:33 AM Edited by sjaak327, 02 February 2014 - 11:37 AM.

I caved in at game release, and it was a very conscious decision. I knew before hand that a PC release would take some time and I wasn't prepared to even wait one week for it. For me the game is more important than the platform it runs on.

When the PC release does drop it will be a day one purchase as well.

In any case, I have zero regrets getting this game for Xbox and had loads of fun playing the game. I am currently on a second play through, and still loving it. Whether or not you should get the game on a console, is something you alone can answer. In any case, in my book it isn't caving in, as why would you have to be loyal to one platform only?
  • Blingy and TaviColen123 like this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

I've it for PS3. Frankly, I can easily wait for PC, for I trust Rockstar that they will release quality product. Thanks to Max Payne 3.

But, I do regret having it on the console. Why?
The game although good by all respects, still not complete product. Single-Player feels quite reserved and limiting in accessibility to certain parts in game.
There's an upcoming story mode update but nothing official about it's arrival date. ONLINE is the best part to try something different than prev. GTA's filled with good fun overall.

Overall, for me, the wait hasn't ended yet even by playing on consoles. If Rockstar takes too long to complete the game with promised content as shown in trailers then it would be best for PC Gamers to wait for PC release and enjoy the game with complete bug-free, superior quality packed with smooth ONLINE experience.

Also, in coming months, the wait will clearly help to understand how much potential the game actually succeeded in keeping up with the experience and contents exclusively for Consoles, and how much better it offered on PC. That will make the wait even more worthwhile.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

No f*cking way I would buy a console.

I had my dose of GTA V playing with my cousins' PS3 :^:

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Don't buy a console if you're strictly a PC gamer. I am not surprised half of you didn't enjoy your experience on the PS3 or 360. I mean everyone knew it pushed the old consoles to the limit, pretty much.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

They only want gta 5 for the mods.  I highly doubt that they would want it without mods.

• SuburbansWorst likes this

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

I don't play PC but as for "And one more thing: For those that already have the game (whether you're primarily a PC gamer or not) do you still enjoy the game today?" yes.u still enjoy the game today?"[/size][/background]

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

no.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

Nah.. I can play on a friend's PS3, though I don't do it too much and when I do I mostly drive or just walk around. Apart from sports and racing games I don't like console gaming. Feels too weird to try and aim with a gamepad when you're used to mouse.

So I'll never buy a console, no need to do so. If they want to they can make it for PC, if not, f*ck them. It won't be the end of the world and I'll just get something good for PC and enjoy.

• im_stoned likes this

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:26 PM Edited by lol232, 02 February 2014 - 05:26 PM.

I had some spare cash so I bought a PS3 and GTA V CE. Money well spent.

I still want it on PC, though.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

I had a PS3 + PC so I just bought it when it came out. Like the console release, I think the graphics + optimization will blow us away and that's why I don't mind the wait.  :santa:

MKIIIX
  • MKIIIX

━═✪═━

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Did not ,will not and never will gtav_pc_by_mk_moex-d721vyj.png

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Yes, I just bought ps3 and xbox 360, i want to experience it on both, so glad i bought it, PC isn't coming till end of year.

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

Be Yourself is best advice anyone can give.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Does pre-ordering it the moment it was announced Caving in? I did the same thing with GTA4 as well.

Drifty1337
  • Drifty1337

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Yes, but no worries i spent all the money on a new hill of clothes, snapbacks, and 4 pair shoes :D.

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

Yes, but no worries i spent all the money on a new hill of clothes, snapbacks, and 4 pair shoes :D.

Isn't capitalism great :D

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for the replies guys :D Some good ones here.

Only reason I'm even considering getting it on PS3 after being mostly a PC gamer for nearly 7 years, is because I have both Vice City and San Andreas on PS2. 

I had a lot of fun playing those on PS2 before I even knew that I could play them on PC (yes there was a time when I didn't know GTA was on PC). 

Some did. However be like Spongebob, just give it a dry stare saying ''I don't need it'' for several days until they finally decide to announce it.

This is what I've been doing since September :/ 

I already have a PS3 for exclusives. Red Dead, Infamous, TLoU, etc. I've bought LA Noire and Dark Souls on PS3 only to have them announced for PC a month later xD 

So maybe I'll wait until the end of Feb. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

I like the PC, but I also have an Xbox 360 I play it on.

Mind you, GTA 5 is the only thing that touched that 360 since I bought it, aside from "New Kids" dvds.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Gta v is the only game I've played in a while. I really want to take a jog on the beach right now. Take a drive through coastal B roads and what not.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

I already had an Xbox 360 gathering dust in one of my draws, and I didn't want to wait so long until the whole game was spoiled, but looking at how many bugs the game has, I should have just waited. If you want some motivation to stop you from caving in, just remember, the console version is filled with bugs that won't be fixed, and has terrible frame rate, texture issues, and aliasing. You won't be able to focus on the game. Not to mention the Xbox 360 is terrible.

Do I still enjoy the game today? I haven't played it in a while, and every time I do, the fun police ruin it for me by spawning 10 police cars every time I go near a pedestrian, or do anything. I can't stand the performance as well, the choppy frame rate that's usually below 30, the texture popping, and the aliasing, the aliasing is so bad the game flickers like crazy everywhere. I can't enjoy the game because of all this, which is why the PC version will help fix all those issues, while mods can fix all the single player bugs Rockstar refuses to fix.

• im_stoned likes this

xreppiz
  • xreppiz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by xreppiz, 02 February 2014 - 08:59 PM.

i don't want to buy ps3/360, first reason because i live in 3rd world country which is i think ps3/360 are majority sells a jailbreak version, also almost there is none local retailer to sale the game legitly.  I don't want to play pirate.

on PC has a steam digital distribution, it is the easiest way to buy a legit game, so i choose pc only. (have internet> buy the game> download> play!)

second reason is because ps3/360 is an old hardware, pc version will be better.

Phoenix_Shit
  • Phoenix_Shit

First rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about fight club.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

As much as I am a console guy, its the console that did not let R* give GTA V amazing graphics.. Sure it did have some awesome graphics in Console, but it PC, its gunna be much better. Even though I have it for console since it came out, I will still buy it for PC. 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

I already had an Xbox 360 gathering dust in one of my draws, and I didn't want to wait so long until the whole game was spoiled, but looking at how many bugs the game has, I should have just waited. If you want some motivation to stop you from caving in, just remember, the console version is filled with bugs that won't be fixed, and has terrible frame rate, texture issues, and aliasing. You won't be able to focus on the game. Not to mention the Xbox 360 is terrible.

Do I still enjoy the game today? I haven't played it in a while, and every time I do, the fun police ruin it for me by spawning 10 police cars every time I go near a pedestrian, or do anything. I can't stand the performance as well, the choppy frame rate that's usually below 30, the texture popping, and the aliasing, the aliasing is so bad the game flickers like crazy everywhere. I can't enjoy the game because of all this, which is why the PC version will help fix all those issues, while mods can fix all the single player bugs Rockstar refuses to fix.

Yeah I noticed these things when I first tried it on my cousin's Xbox. Now I'm watching this playthough on Youtube. The system this guy is playing on is also Xbox, and the textures pop in like crazy. Sometimes they even disappear altogether. They flicker and load in slow. The LOD is very poor and the aliasing is atrocious. Even sitting back in my chair watching full screen on my monitor and I can see how low res the textures are.The game lags heavily in certain areas. I've seen numerous videos on Youtube of GTA Online on PS3 and cars and other vehicles would just disappear in front of the player, and traffic would stop spawning for a while.

Yet I'm still getting impatient. I guess the more I remind myself of these things the console version suffers, the longer I can hold out.

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:26 AM

photo-thumb-534693.png?_r=1389846916

• Sting4S likes this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:12 AM Edited by Loxley, 03 February 2014 - 04:17 AM.

Yeah I noticed these things when I first tried it on my cousin's Xbox. Now I'm watching this playthough on Youtube. The system this guy is playing on is also Xbox, and the textures pop in like crazy. Sometimes they even disappear altogether. They flicker and load in slow. The LOD is very poor and the aliasing is atrocious. Even sitting back in my chair watching full screen on my monitor and I can see how low res the textures are.The game lags heavily in certain areas. I've seen numerous videos on Youtube of GTA Online on PS3 and cars and other vehicles would just disappear in front of the player, and traffic would stop spawning for a while.

Yet I'm still getting impatient. I guess the more I remind myself of these things the console version suffers, the longer I can hold out.

My copy ran (Xbox) fine good fps, looked great, not many bugs at all other than the whole disc 2 installation draw pop in problem. Which is easily remedied.

Though I decided to sell it because it has a lack of replayablity, and I needed the money.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:33 AM

I caved in at game release, and it was a very conscious decision. I knew before hand that a PC release would take some time and I wasn't prepared to even wait one week for it. For me the game is more important than the platform it runs on.

In any case, I have zero regrets getting this game for Xbox and had loads of fun playing the game. I am currently on a second play through, and still loving it. Whether or not you should get the game on a console, is something you alone can answer. In any case, in my book it isn't caving in, as why would you have to be loyal to one platform only?

^This is a fine example of a PC gamer I can respect.

^This is a fine example of a PC gamer who ruins the perception of other PC gamers.

• Sting4S likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

My copy ran (Xbox) fine good fps, looked great, not many bugs at all other than the whole disc 2 installation draw pop in problem. Which is easily remedied.

Though I decided to sell it because it has a lack of replayablity, and I needed the money.

Can you explain a little when you say lack of replayability?

I'm not loyal to one platform. I just prefer one over another. I love my PS3, don't get me wrong. It's my second baby, but I don't use it that much. 

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

^This is a fine example of a PC gamer I can respect.

^This is a fine example of a PC gamer who ruins the perception of other PC gamers.

What exactly have I done? All I'm saying is that the console version has issues that affect the immersion, you think sub-30 frames per second, texture pop-ins, and flickering visuals due to bad aliasing is okay? It's not, I don't care if gamers play on console, but for me, it just doesn't feel like it should, I don't care about how a game looks, so long as it runs fine, is that a crime or something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users