Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do gamers create clones of movie/video game cars?

48 replies to this topic
mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

It's a status thing.

Plus it's safer? Why not use a car that we know the majority will like rather than risking using our own creativity that we don't know if people will like.

Also it's just more efficient/quicker to copy than to make something from scratch?

jjbinks4
  • jjbinks4

Dammit giantsgiants

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

I grew tired of them after a few days except for the Comet, I had to get rid of that because it kept blowing up whenever I would  hit a tree...

Did you just?

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Rocket Lancha. BO

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Because it just adds fun to the game, finding out new options.  

I just get a little annoyed when they're done wrong, like that JB700 up there.  The shade of paint is WAY too dark.

I'd post mine, but all my GTA pictures are saved onto my other computer.  I also did a Twisted Metal collection and Fast and Furious collection.  Then you have the Stinger being the Ferrari from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and such.  It's just entertaining to discover the ideas, especially when they're not so blatantly obvious like the Phoenix being from Smokey and the Bandit.  

The Twisted Metal collection was the best to make since it really had to make me think.

Phoenix = Spectre

Daemon = Mr. Grimm

Romero Hearse = Shadow

Bifta = Grasshopper

Sandking XL = Darkside (I really miss this one.  The Sandking XL looks menacing in all black, with all attachments so it fit really well)

Hardtop Manana = Thumper

Twisted Metal yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Spectre from TM3

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Spectre from TM Head On

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Totally going to nab a Manana and make Thumper today. I don't know why I didn't think of it, he's my second favorite character.  :^:

• Biohazard Abyss and Viper9502 like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:32 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 02 February 2014 - 06:34 PM.

Never even thought of using the Banshee for his TM3 version :D

Spectre:

Spoiler

Mr. Grimm:

Spoiler

Shadow:

Spoiler

Grasshopper (Driver = Krista Sparks):

Spoiler

Thumper:

Spoiler

Darkside:

(Due to inability to store a Phantom, figured the Sandking XL was the next best thing, and I think it turned out great!)

Spoiler

• Ermac. likes this

BuckScrotum
  • BuckScrotum

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

I has dis one in honor of the greatest man who ever lived.

0_0.jpg

BRIAN O CONNOR RIP BROTHER I WILL MISS U!!
ku-xlarge.png
Brian_O%27Connor.jpg

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

I just get a little annoyed when they're done wrong, like that JB700 up there.  The shade of paint is WAY too dark.

I'd post mine, but all my GTA pictures are saved onto my other computer.  I also did a Twisted Metal collection and Fast and Furious collection.  Then you have the Stinger being the Ferrari from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and such.  It's just entertaining to discover the ideas, especially when they're not so blatantly obvious like the Phoenix being from Smokey and the Bandit.  

The Twisted Metal collection was the best to make since it really had to make me think.

Phoenix = Spectre
Daemon = Mr. Grimm
Romero Hearse = Shadow
Bifta = Grasshopper
Sandking XL = Darkside (I really miss this one.  The Sandking XL looks menacing in all black, with all attachments so it fit really well)
Hardtop Manana = Thumper

F&F

Maibatsu Penumbra = Roman Pierce's Spyder from 2F2F
Karin Sultan = Brian's Lancer EVO from 2F2F
Pfister Comet  = Paul Walker's white Porsche GT3
Declasse Vigero = Toretto's Dodge Charger
Benefactor Surano = Han's Mazda RX7
Anis Elegy = Brian's Nissan GTR from Fast 6

As you can see, I have a massive lady hard-on for Paul Walker :p

It's awesome to just think of the ideas and customize them accordingly.

It's the garage lighting in the pic. The car isn't really that dark

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

as long as it doesnt affect your gameplay, why bother with what other people do with their cars?

lets us enjoy our movie inspired cars, while you play with your dull boring garage...

...and a red Comet that resembled a Porsche GT. I grew tired of them after a few days except for the Comet, I had to get rid of that because it kept blowing up whenever I would  hit a tree...

oooh i see what you did there... really dark joke!

Viper9502
  • Viper9502

仁侠団体

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:45 PM Edited by Viper9502, 02 February 2014 - 08:47 PM.

Phoenix = Spectre

Daemon = Mr. Grimm

Romero Hearse = Shadow

Bifta = Grasshopper

Hardtop Manana = Thumper

F&F

Maibatsu Penumbra = Roman Pierce's Spyder from 2F2F

Karin Sultan = Brian's Lancer EVO from 2F2F

Pfister Comet  = Paul Walker's white Porsche GT3

Declasse Vigero = Toretto's Dodge Charger

Benefactor Surano = Han's Mazda RX7

Anis Elegy = Brian's Nissan GTR from Fast 6

As you can see, I have a massive lady hard-on for Paul Walker :p

It's awesome to just think of the ideas and customize them accordingly.

as long as it doesnt affect your gameplay, why bother with what other people do with their cars?

lets us enjoy our movie inspired cars, while you play with your dull boring garage...

JINK77 & Biohazard: I can see what you are saying in regard to adding depth and immersion to the game itself with being able to make these re-creations, some of these movie car recreations look quite interesting regardless of weather you are a movie buff or not. I am interested in seeing what the F&F or Scooby-Doo examples would look like.  :p I can also see how as "mochakaboom" stated is that being "safe" could also be a motive for some people as well. 

CarimboHanky: Have you read this thread? Several users have posted photos or mentioned having "movie cars" So where have I flamed anybody on this thread?

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

its a type of roleplay. who hasnt wanted to be the bandit for a while or frank bullitt.

• Viper9502 and Eddie_INTV like this

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Anyone done Walter White's car and RV?

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

1. It's a challenge to mod a car like a real one when given limited customization

2. More people will notice and admire a replica than they will a car you've customized uniquely. 

TGPomy
  • TGPomy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

I just really wish they would make the Clean Rebel able to be stored.  I had a blacked out one like Marty McFly's and the guy on Page 1, it was awesome.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:37 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 02 February 2014 - 09:38 PM.

I am interested in seeing what the F&F examples would look like.  :p

I don't know what's up with the white background on some of the lettering when I paste into the reply box, lol

2 Fast 2 Furious Paul Walker/Brian O' Connor Lancer Evo

Spoiler

Fast and Furious Vin Diesel/Dominic Toretto Dodge Charger R/T

Spoiler

Fast 6 Paul Walker/Brian O' Connor Nissan GT-R

Spoiler

2 Fast 2 Furious Tyrese Gibson/Roman Pierce Mitsubishi Spyder

(Since the car does not have a convertible version, I did the best I could)

Spoiler

Paul's Porsche GT3

0_0.jpg

• S-M-O-K-E and Viper9502 like this

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:10 AM Edited by JiNX77, 03 February 2014 - 05:48 AM.

Because its fun.

This more than anything.

It's a status thing.

Plus it's safer? Why not use a car that we know the majority will like rather than risking using our own creativity that we don't know if people will like.

Also it's just more efficient/quicker to copy than to make something from scratch?

The Phoenix is the only one that was I did based on any outside influence at all,(besides the source material)the original thread I posted it in. I'm not positive but I think the Rockford area name was influenced by The Rockford Files and Jim. Most of my cars are originals and the recreations usually collect dust and get sold after a couple photos with only a couple exceptions.

1. It's a challenge to mod a car like a real one when given limited customization

2. More people will notice and admire a replica than they will a car you've customized uniquely. 

1. Yes. there was plenty of body work that should not have been on the car if I was really doing a true recreation, like that ducktail spoiler.

2. If by notice and admire you mean seek and destroy then yes. No player in any game I have been in has stopped to admire a car I own unless maybe they did it during my respawn. The appreciation comes on threads here.

Also, Pussy Wagon.

Nwfji2H.jpg

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

It's a status thing.

Your view on this is the exact opposite of mine.

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Also, Pussy Wagon.
Nwfji2H.jpg

Awesome.

Viper9502
  • Viper9502

仁侠団体

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:10 PM Edited by Viper9502, 04 February 2014 - 06:38 PM.

I am interested in seeing what the F&F examples would look like.  :p

I don't know what's up with the white background on some of the lettering when I paste into the reply box, lol

Well done, though i'm not one to pedestalize celebrities I can relate to his passion for cars from having seen various FB pages I liked (geared toward car enthusiasts) sharing countless articles or videos of Paul Walker. I was  :lol: at the bit from 4:40 to 5:40. Ah, language barriers.  :p

As for colorful lettering over the white background is something I wouldn't worry about too much. It's more legible than typing like this.  :cookie: 

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

All I want for Christmas is proper matchmaking. :(

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

Hey Bio, I found Darkside. (;

0_0.jpg

judge dread 24
  • judge dread 24

Peon

• Members