Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why do gamers create clones of movie/video game cars?

48 replies to this topic
Viper9502
  • Viper9502

仁侠団体

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:12 AM Edited by Viper9502, 02 February 2014 - 08:15 AM.

I am just wondering why creating clones of movie or video game cars is so popular and generates as much attention as it does?

I personally don't understand it where in a video game we are given several different options of customization that makes it that much more unlikely that your vehicle will look the same or even identical to another gamers especially when we wouldn't have to worry about real world monetary ramifications. 

• GRINCH ASS BITCH likes this

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:17 AM Edited by G37, 02 February 2014 - 08:18 AM.

Customization isn't mandatory, it's a choice.

We have certain ties and emotions to things we can already relate to. It's a distinct separation from reality, but it draws inspiration from it to hopefully lure us in further with what we're already familiar with - in an attempt to form a bond or link between us and what we're doing.

Just makes it a more immersive experience in some respects.

• TimmyM56, Ermac, Magick and 13 others like this

RussianCommie
  • RussianCommie

Trying to think of a member title but my mind keeps Stalin.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

I have a Bifta in my character's garage that is based on the RC car from Toy Story. Problem? :blink:

• al_balmer likes this

xNinjaStarfishx
  • xNinjaStarfishx

Happy Happy Joy Joy

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Obligatory hater post: Cuz we liek movies, watch a moovy or sumpthin!

Seriously though, G37 nailed it, Dropped the mic and walked off stage.
  • G37 likes this

judge dread 24
  • judge dread 24

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

I have a phoenix in my garage matte black, 1st and secondary, limo Windows maxed out. Looks exactly like the car from mad max. Even has The blower sticking out the hood. Add me on Xbox. I'll show u my rides. Gt Judge Dread24

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

I did my Phoenix to look like Jim Rockford's Firebird from the show for a thread on here. I have never seen any other player in another classic gold Phoenix or any other car for that matter, so I left it.

• Eddie_INTV likes this

Viper9502
  • Viper9502

仁侠団体

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Obligatory hater post: Cuz we liek movies, watch a moovy or sumpthin!

Seriously though, G37 nailed it, Dropped the mic and walked off stage.

My thread wasn't intended to be obligatory for in-game modification, flame anybody nor in anyway discredit those who make recreations of movie/video game cars.  :)

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

I did my Phoenix to look like Jim Rockford's Firebird from the show for a thread on here. I have never seen any other player in another classic gold Phoenix or any other car for that matter, so I left it.

I have a phoenix in my garage matte black, 1st and secondary, limo Windows maxed out. Looks exactly like the car from mad max. Even has The blower sticking out the hood. Add me on Xbox. I'll show u my rides. Gt Judge Dread24

Post pics!

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Here ya go Jello

6Xv9l7B.jpg

• lol232, Eddie_INTV, Zondar and 1 other like this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

OP, because the game has Vinewood, silly

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

Here ya go Jello
6Xv9l7B.jpg

Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiit, just seeing that car has the theme music playing in my head!

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 02 February 2014 - 11:21 AM.

I used to keep my Tailgater all-black.

Transporter 1-3, and the TV series. :D

EDIT: I made it gray to match a classic Audi look. I'm thinking of making it all black again to redo the Transporter. Thoughts?

• Governator likes this

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

EDIT: I made it gray to match a classic Audi look. I'm thinking of making it all black again to redo the Transporter. Thoughts?

Sell it and get a Felon. :p

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

v4bfvc.jpg

r6wlra.jpg

I've had this car twice now and twice said goodbye. Perhaps if a secondary garage comes along it'll find it's place with me again. OT: use those mods (maybe minus the spoiler + black) and I think you have some dice. Mine was done up to look like an S6 of that particular model year I knew someone who had - in a candy blue of sorts much like this.

Chesse_cz
  • Chesse_cz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

Why not ? If you are fan of these cars, so why dont own one of them in game :) ?

judge dread 24
  • judge dread 24

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Post pics!
I'll post a pic later on

Viper9502
  • Viper9502

仁侠団体

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

OP, because the game has Vinewood, silly

Right, as I just read in the GTA: V digital manual it's a famous neighbourhood that "is nothing but a desperate fakers trying to break into the entertainment industry" I should've known better before my plane landed in GTA: O  :p

I haven't watched many movies or TV series so I just don't got that connection...Don't even get enough of a connection of vehicles from other video games or previous installments of GTA enough to recreate them. meh  :/

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

^it's just one of the minecraft-y make your own fun things, like making my character look like Kurt Cobain or lately Fry from Futurama. For a while I had a red Tornado to look like the car from Christine and did nothing but run down people in it.

• SkunkonToast, Viper9502 and statistic like this

Frostee
  • Frostee

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

I made my Youga as close to the A Team van as I could... Love it

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:32 PM Edited by blk95ta, 02 February 2014 - 02:33 PM.

I have a bunch of them. I like movies and tv shows

Marty's truck from back to the future before R took it

0_0.jpg

The Ferrari from Ferris buellers day off and the truckster from national lampoons vacation
0_0.jpg

James bond - its my bait car with a remote bomb
0_0.jpg

The buick from my cousin vinny. I sold it sometime ago but i have a white one on my second character that looks like boss hoggs car.
0_0.jpg

I don't have a good pic right now but the ruiner is KITT from knight rider
0_0.jpg

And last but not least, my favorite of them all. My phoenix from smokey and the bandit
0_0.jpg
  • Omnifarious, Viper9502 and JiNX77 like this

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

HA! I thought about doing the Manana as Boss Hogg's caddy, but It's just not right without the bull horns. It's dangerous but you could put a row of stickies on the front to do the sweeping light effect.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

I used to have a Virgo which I didn't do too much to except paint it metallic black, engine mods and armour.

I tried to copy Dean and Sams car from Supernatural. I used to use it all the time to go 'huntin'
Wish I had never got rid of it.
  • iBUCKEYE likes this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

I agree I think it's much more fun to create something yourself than trying to copy something.

statistic
  • statistic

not running for anything.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

it's fun, that is all.  I've made a few copy cars (Dukes of Hazard, Smokey, Terminator, etc.) and also created cars to look as much like my real life cars (past and present) as I could.  GTAO is expansive, there's lots of stuff to do.  Modding cars is one of the things I enjoy about it.  Believe it or not, there's more to do in Los Santos than just running around killing people...

• djdest likes this

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:24 PM Edited by KiTTYReCkless, 02 February 2014 - 04:26 PM.

I used to have a Mystery Machine Surfer van, a white Rancher with a "SIMPSON" plate and a red Comet that resembled a Porsche GT. I grew tired of them after a few days except for the Comet, I had to get rid of that because it kept blowing up whenever I would  hit a tree...

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Only problem is the car from mad max wasnt a firebird.....
  • Eddie_INTV likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:46 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 02 February 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Because it just adds fun to the game, finding out new options.  

I just get a little annoyed when they're done wrong, like that JB700 up there.  The shade of paint is WAY too dark.

I'd post mine, but all my GTA pictures are saved onto my other computer.  I also did a Twisted Metal collection and Fast and Furious collection.  Then you have the Stinger being the Ferrari from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and such.  It's just entertaining to discover the ideas, especially when they're not so blatantly obvious like the Phoenix being from Smokey and the Bandit.  

The Twisted Metal collection was the best to make since it really had to make me think.

Phoenix = Spectre

Daemon = Mr. Grimm

Romero Hearse = Shadow

Bifta = Grasshopper

Sandking XL = Darkside (I really miss this one.  The Sandking XL looks menacing in all black, with all attachments so it fit really well)

Hardtop Manana = Thumper

F&F

Maibatsu Penumbra = Roman Pierce's Spyder from 2F2F

Karin Sultan = Brian's Lancer EVO from 2F2F

Pfister Comet  = Paul Walker's white Porsche GT3

Declasse Vigero = Toretto's Dodge Charger

Benefactor Surano = Han's Mazda RX7

Anis Elegy = Brian's Nissan GTR from Fast 6

As you can see, I have a massive lady hard-on for Paul Walker :p

It's awesome to just think of the ideas and customize them accordingly.

• Ermac likes this

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

Customization isn't mandatory, it's a choice.

We have certain ties and emotions to things we can already relate to. It's a distinct separation from reality, but it draws inspiration from it to hopefully lure us in further with what we're already familiar with - in an attempt to form a bond or link between us and what we're doing.

Just makes it a more immersive experience in some respects.

/thread

no more input needed :p

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

Because its fun.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Because they are awesome.  In midnight club la, I have the fast and furious eclipse that I made.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users