Photo

The Best Flag!

132 replies to this topic
Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Never put text on a flag.  Particularly text that describes what the flag represents.  That's like explaining a joke while you're telling it.  Don't do that.

I think it's okay as long as it is a mottos (such as Brazil's Ordem e Progresso) but I'll never understand the US states' obsession with writing the name of the state on their own flag.

see Montana, Arkansas, Oregon etc.

It looks very silly.

Fun fact: the flag of California was originally supposed to have a pear on it, but the guy who designed the flag misread the instructions, (I like to think he realized how stupid a pear on a flag would have looked) and instead put a bear on the flag. 

Fun fact: The above 'fact' is untrue.  The Californian Republic (independence flag, rather) has always bore a bear, from its original version from 1846 (when California was a part of Mexico) to the current version today.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Lord of the Nipples

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Somalia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

Never put text on a flag.  Particularly text that describes what the flag represents.  That's like explaining a joke while you're telling it.  Don't do that.

I think it's okay as long as it is a mottos (such as Brazil's Ordem e Progresso) but I'll never understand the US states' obsession with writing the name of the state on their own flag.

It looks very silly.

Fun fact: the flag of California was originally supposed to have a pear on it, but the guy who designed the flag misread the instructions, (I like to think he realized how stupid a pear on a flag would have looked) and instead put a bear on the flag. 

Fun fact: The above 'fact' is untrue.  The Californian Republic (independence flag, rather) has always bore a bear, from its original version from 1846 (when California was a part of Mexico) to the current version today.

http://www.snopes.co...st/bearflag.asp

Snopes doesn't lie. 

Los Santos Police Department
  • Los Santos Police Department

Autosaving...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

You can find more here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...gazine-25222891

this

_71534906_350727.jpg

or this

_71557957_350551.jpg

I personally liked this one the most :p

_71534082_350632.jpg

• ten-a-penny likes this

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

It looks very silly.

http://www.snopes.co...st/bearflag.asp

Snopes doesn't lie. 

http://www.insidebay...news/ci_3205362

http://nl.newsbank.c...ackval=GooglePM

Or maybe they do.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Lord of the Nipples

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Somalia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Well, I guess I was wrong. 

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

Well, I guess I was wrong. 

It was a sad moment for me too.  I learnt today that I cannot trust Snopes.  I guess it's only as good as the people who write it.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

Some of my personal favorites are Sri Lanka:

Flag_Sri-Lanka.jpg

and Mongolia:

Flag_Mongolia.jpg

Mongolia's in particular because they include my favorite symbols of yin/yang, crescent moon, press play, and fast forward. 

• BnB likes this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

sclarge.gif

I know a lot of people think this is one of the worst flags, but honestly, I really like the design of Seychelles' flag.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:24 AM

Pretty partial to my home city's flag:

flag-of-cincinnati2.png

Mad_Maxine
  • Mad_Maxine

ʇnɥʍ

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

Yay flags,

Here ya go,

us-1nj.gif

ivpanzer
  • ivpanzer

assassin

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:58 AM

benin empire

4sbkea.jpg

friesland (netherlands)

28ifd.jpg

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:08 AM

:lol: ^^^
looks like Friesland let a cow walk across their flag...

• Linc. and ivpanzer like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:38 PM Edited by SouthLand, 05 February 2014 - 02:40 PM.

THE BEST FLAG EVER:

750px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png

and this one:

bandera%2Bsabadell.jpg

The ones i hate:

675px-Estelada_blava.svg.png

euskal-presoak.jpg

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

THE BEST FLAG EVER:

Eh, this one is better:

1000px-Flag_of_Spain_%281931_-_1939%29.s

• BnB and RoadRunner71 like this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

THE BEST FLAG EVER:

Eh, this one is better:

No way. I wouldn't mine having a republic but the violet color is a NOT for me.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

THE BEST FLAG EVER:

Eh, this one is better:

F'n right.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

euskal-presoak.jpg

Why do the Basques feel the need to advertise that they presoak their laundry? I am a cock gobbler and I like to gobble cock.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

THE BEST FLAG EVER:

Eh, this one is better:

F'n right.

I prefer this one in case of a Republic:

200px-Flag_of_Spain_%25281981_civil_vari

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:16 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 05 February 2014 - 03:17 PM.

euskal-presoak.jpg

That's not even a flag... Anyway, I wonder what do the Navarrese think about the Basque nazionalists including Navarra as part of that territory, "Euskal Herria", they claim as their.

What most piss me off is that even at the school they taught us the  "Euskal Herria" concept including Navarra ("the 7 basque provinces", as they call). A real shame how they try to indoctrinate kids with their distorted vision of reality.

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Lord of the Nipples

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Somalia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

THE BEST FLAG EVER:

Eh, this one is better:

F'n right.

Use this sh*t.

p6979_Cross%20of%20Burgundy.gif

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

euskal-presoak.jpg

That's not even a flag... Anyway, I wonder what do the Navarrese think about the Basque nazionalists including Navarra as part of that territory, "Euskal Herria", they claim as their.

What most piss me off is that even at the school they taught us the  "Euskal Herria" concept including Navarra ("the 7 basque provinces", as they call). A real shame how they try to indoctrinate kids with their distorted vision of reality.

That's cute... Move to Cataluña and you will sh*t your pants when you see how they indoctrinate kids here...

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:22 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 05 February 2014 - 03:22 PM.

euskal-presoak.jpg

That's cute... Move to Cataluña and you will sh*t your pants when you see how they indoctrinate kids here...

I've heard is worse there but I don't think it's too different than here in the Basque Country.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:24 PM

Which is also your current flag.  The one with the emblem is the state flag, that one is the civil flag.  I can't believe you don't know these things.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

euskal-presoak.jpg

I've heard is worse there but I don't think it's too different than here in the Basque Country.

Imagine you are a Dad and you want to have your kid to have an education 50% in Spanish and 50% in Catalan... Impossible. Schools are 90% in Catalan, 5% in English and 5% in Spanish. You CAN'T have your kids study in Spanish unless you pay for a private school. Which many parents can't afford. It's just illegal.

Which is also your current flag.  The one with the emblem is the state flag, that one is the civil flag.  I can't believe you don't know these things.

I know. But our flag shouldn't change. The "bird" used when Franco is gone it should stay like this.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Some people would keep it without the current shield as it has been the Spanish flag since the XVIII century, and also since the tricolor one has leftist connotation (even if during the II Spanish Republic when it was adopted both the left and right were in the Government).

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Some people would keep it without the current shield as it has been the Spanish flag since the XVIII century, and also since the tricolor one has leftist connotation (even if during the II Spanish Republic when it was adopted both the left and right were in the Government).

Yes. Therefore to make everyone happy, it should be kept this way. The Republic-Monarchy issue its very tense debate. Personally, I just want the best for my country at all times that's it.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Ireland! I mean look at that sexy Tri-Colour

Ireland_flag%5B1%5D.gif

You bastards copied us. :p

No. India adopted that flag in 1931. Ireland had that in 1919 if I'm not mistaken.

• Ciaran and Los Santos Police Department like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:44 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 05 February 2014 - 03:46 PM.

euskal-presoak.jpg

Imagine you are a Dad and you want to have your kid to have an education 50% in Spanish and 50% in Catalan... Impossible. Schools are 90% in Catalan, 5% in English and 5% in Spanish. You CAN'T have your kids study in Spanish unless you pay for a private school. Which many parents can't afford. It's just illegal.

I heard about that. It really piss me off to be honest. Fortunately, up here, we can choose between studying completely in Basque/Basque-Spanish (the one I did, which was a total bullsh*t as we only did a couple subjects in Spanish)/or completely in Spanish.

Even so, the ones who aren't studying in the complete Basque model suffer discrimination. During the high school years, we always had the worst and oldest material, had less field trips, even I was told in more than an occassion that I couldn't go to 'X' place cause I wasn't in the Basque language group (even if I spoke Basque relatively fluently).

I hate how the nationalist always try to play the role of the victim when they are actually the opressor.

• lol232 likes this

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

THE BEST FLAG EVER:

Eh, this one is better:

F'n right.

Use this sh*t.

p6979_Cross%20of%20Burgundy.gif

Was about to post this.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

euskal-presoak.jpg

I heard about that. It really piss me off to be honest. Fortunately, up here, we can choose between studying completely in Basque/Basque-Spanish (the one I did, which was a total bullsh*t as we only did a couple subjects in Spanish)/or completely in Spanish.

Even so, the ones who aren't studying in the complete Basque model suffer discrimination. During the high school years, we always had the worst and oldest material, had less field trips, even I was told in more than an occassion that I couldn't go to 'X' place cause I wasn't in the Basque language group (even if I spoke Basque relatively fluently).

I hate how the nationalist always try to play the role of the victim when they are actually the opressor.

So right my friend.

• lol232 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users