Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why didn't Franklin die in Ending C and get replaced by Lamar?

60 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

A lot of people say that Ending C originally involved Franklin being killed and Lamar taking his place. Now, ending C is where all three of them live. Why did Franklin have to live at the end? Think about it, he was pretty much useless once he moved into the mansion in Vinewood Hills and only showed up to help the protagonists out of their sticky situations. Hell, as much as I hate the gangbanging "culture", I'd much rather play as Lamar. Hell, Franklin whined way more than Lamar.

• theGTAking101, thatGuyyy and Daenerys like this

Vanto
  • Vanto

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

I think because Rockstar wanted to, at least, one protagonist live, without dying in any ending.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

Because Lamarr is one of the dumbest, most annoying characters in any GTA ever.

• Loxley, Dяno, Deus Ex and 1 other like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

So much hate for Franklin. Leave the poor man alone.  :cry: 

• SuburbansWorst, atsjoonas, Dяno and 1 other like this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:41 PM Edited by jarredxmorris, 01 February 2014 - 10:41 PM.

I think they wanted an option where everyone lives, though in my opinion, it would have been better if every option resulted in a dead character. 

Still, that Lamar replacement thang is clearly a load of bullsh*t. One article plucks it out of thin air and everyone believes it.  People believe too easy I guess. For about two years people were convinced that GTA V would be a single protagonist game starring a man called Adrian...

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

Logical reasons why replacing Franklin with Lamar in ending C is impractical.

1. They would have to give him his own animations and assets (unless Franklin transfers over the mansion and all his cash to Lamar)

2. They would have to model each and every clothing option, every hair style, every tattoo to a character you only unlock in 1/3 of the endings. This isnt like Jack Marston where they could just reuse all of John's assets.

3. Lamar would have to have his own special ability as Franklin is a better driver than Lamar as he even references this in the mission "Chop" again, totally useless to program a special ability that would probably never be used.

4. He would also have to have new sound clips and voice clips, again pointless seeing as they would probably never be used.

5. And most importantly, if Michael and Trevor didn't get replaced when they died, why should Franklin? 

• epoxi, Staten, DeafMetal and 7 others like this

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

Lamar should have replaced Franklin throughout the whole game

Franklin f*cking sucks

• man dragon, Daenerys and soudruhger like this

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

They should've had an ending where Lamar replaces Franklin, Jimmy Replaces Michael and Wade replaces Trevor.

• orbitalraindrops, DeafMetal, HUGOHL and 3 others like this

Weazur
  • Weazur

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

I honestly went into the end thinking that Franklin WAS gonna die when i picked "deathwish", and was surprised when he didn't.

• epoxi, Loxley and Daenerys like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• V Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

For about two years people were convinced that GTA V would be a single protagonist game starring a man called Adrian...

Hey, that's true, I wonder what happened to Brother Adrian!

I recall that before GTA SA was announced, it was rumoured to be set in Bolivia!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Videospiele sind meine Lieblings Videospiele.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

I recall that before GTA SA was announced, it was rumoured to be set in Bolivia!

Wait, really? Never knew that. Crazy conspiracies.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

For about two years people were convinced that GTA V would be a single protagonist game starring a man called Adrian...

Hey, that's true, I wonder what happened to Brother Adrian!

Haha yes, I heard Bogota, Tokyo and San Diego. I guess that latter one was only a couple hundred miles out. I'm looking forward to the crazy rumours we'll get for the next GTA over the next few years

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

I also believed in death of Franklin, but as i didn't want to betray my 'homies', i chose the deathwish and really expected him to die until the end.

"Here he goes, a Merryweather sniper will take him out...no?"

"The Triad Scripted Sequence Attack!!!...no?"

"I think Trevor is gonna bust his ass...no?"

Titles.

Oh, a happy ending...

BeLikeMike
  • BeLikeMike

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Because Lamarr is one of the dumbest, most annoying characters in any GTA ever.

Truth.

Plus it's the last mission. What can Lamar do? He served his purpose which was being Franklin's damsel in distress.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

n00b irritant

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 01 February 2014 - 11:18 PM.

I wasn't sure if Franklin would die or not in Ending C.  I went into it thinking he could, but also thinking that was the actual option Franklin would take.  

I don't really believe the stories that Lamar was supposed to replace Franklin originally.  I've seen absolutely no evidence of this besides "he shoots people during friend activities, and only the main characters do that."  which is some of the most stupid bullsh*t reasoning I've ever heard.  

He shoots people because he's a crazy gang banger, not because he was supposed to replace Franklin.  Everyone else wouldn't logically shoot anyone.

Plus, the dynamic wouldn't make any sense at all.  Lamar was the Trevor to Franklins Micheal.  So now we got Micheal and two crazy guys?

Nah.  If this was ever planned it was scrapped before anything major was done.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

Because Franklin is the youngest of the trio and the least experienced, so he's naturally the POV character. In the other two endings, he lost a friend from his choices which would impact him in a different way. Michael's death was obviously the most painful for him because after doing so he realizes that he made a really stupid decision. Killing Trevor makes sense, but Trevor is still his friend.

Replacing him with Lamar would be a bad choice, honestly. Sure, Lamar is hilarious, but he's also a bumbling idiot with very little depth (well, he doesn't have enough depth to be a protag).

TL;DR, Franklin was the POV character and the key role in each ending.

• epoxi, Alec Skorpio, Schismatist and 3 others like this

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

They should've had an ending where Lamar replaces Franklin, Jimmy Replaces Michael and Wade replaces Trevor.

Naw. Amanda replaces Michael. She's more of a man than Jimmy will ever be.
  • Sprue and universetwisters like this

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Naw. Amanda replaces Michael. She's more of a man than Jimmy will ever be.

I don't know, Jimmy shows a little bit of Michael in him in "Reuniting The Family". When Fabian is on the ground moaning, Jimmy stomps his face and tells him to shut the f*ck up.

ihavcandygetinthevan
  • ihavcandygetinthevan

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:10 AM Edited by Wesinator, 02 February 2014 - 01:10 AM.

Because then you would have made a topic of you bitching "why did they kill Franklins and get replaced with Lamar, and not just have them all live?"

• Staten likes this

Sborges91
  • Sborges91

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

I always assumed that nobody dies in Ending C so people can still go for 100% after completing the main story missions. 

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:10 AM Edited by Schismatist, 02 February 2014 - 04:15 AM.

1. They would have to give him his own animations and assets (unless Franklin transfers over the mansion and all his cash to Lamar)

2. They would have to model each and every clothing option, every hair style, every tattoo to a character you only unlock in 1/3 of the endings. This isnt like Jack Marston where they could just reuse all of John's assets.

3. Lamar would have to have his own special ability as Franklin is a better driver than Lamar as he even references this in the mission "Chop" again, totally useless to program a special ability that would probably never be used.

4. He would also have to have new sound clips and voice clips, again pointless seeing as they would probably never be used.

5. And most importantly, if Michael and Trevor didn't get replaced when they died, why should Franklin? 

I understand your argument, but one of the points of evidence as to why Lamar may have replaced Franklin after the ending is that Lamar has notably more animations and voice clips than the other non-playable characters. Modeling different clothing options wouldn't have been that big of a detail, as Trevor and Michael share plenty of the same clothing.
I'm hoping that because of the supposed data for a playable Lamar being left in the game, that we'll see modders make him playable shortly after the PC version is out. Rockstar may just do us a favor and make Lamar playable in a Franklin and Lamar DLC.

Because Franklin is the youngest of the trio and the least experienced, so he's naturally the POV character. In the other two endings, he lost a friend from his choices which would impact him in a different way. Michael's death was obviously the most painful for him because after doing so he realizes that he made a really stupid decision. Killing Trevor makes sense, but Trevor is still his friend.

Replacing him with Lamar would be a bad choice, honestly. Sure, Lamar is hilarious, but he's also a bumbling idiot with very little depth (well, he doesn't have enough depth to be a protag).

TL;DR, Franklin was the POV character and the key role in each ending.

I totally agree.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

LOL!!

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:35 AM

I picked death wish because I wanted Franklin to die as he is a character I will never use in free roam.  Replacing him with Lamar would also be terrible idea because Lamar is just a terrible and annoying character overall.

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

It should have/could have been set up where, if you choose ending C, whether Franklin lived or died was up to you as a player, and the shootout in the foundry would have two outcomes: you fail and Franklin dies, then whatever ending they had for that would have played out, or you go with how we have it now, where it's the so-called "good" ending because the protagonists all live.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

Wait, really? Never knew that. Crazy conspiracies.

It was from an alleged leak but pretty much everyone called bs on it.

Next time in The Three Stooges...

OP: I think they finally listened to some of their fans that were tired of tragic endings in their games after so many (LA Noire, GTA IV, TLAD) and wanted a 3D era-esque happy ending.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

It would be annoying to hear nigga in almost every sentences. Example:

''Nigga gimmie' dem' ride''

''sh*t nigga here comes the one time''

''Sorry nigga''

''Ayo One time nigga keeps us safe!''

''Nigga how yo doin'?''

''NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA''

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:34 AM Edited by theNGclan, 02 February 2014 - 07:34 AM.

It would be annoying to hear nigga in almost every sentences. Example:

''Nigga gimmie' dem' ride''

''sh*t nigga here comes the one time''

''Sorry nigga''

''Ayo One time nigga keeps us safe!''

''Nigga how yo doin'?''

''NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAA''

So... you're comparing him to this?

• Officer Ronson and DeafMetal like this

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

So they could have at least one character whose side missions are required for 100%. Although they could be playable with Lamar, they would require extra coding, and it wouldn't necessary worth it if it happened just in one ending. Also what TheTechPoTaToCHIP said.

And R* possibly wanted to avoid the "Jack Fiasco" again.

(Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Jack)

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

NG, you actually know hes part of the song, right? Right?

RIGHT?!

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

This. All of it!

Plus Lamar is an idiot and is annoying...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users