• This topic is locked This topic is locked
142 replies to this topic
Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

The reason I titled this thread for vets specifically is becuase it seems people that didn't play the orginals seem to think it's really revoulutionary and amazing that you can drive around a fictional city shooting at the cops and flying jet planes, they think that's really "funz" and "awesomez", but for someone who has been paying GTA from the very begining even though I'm only 21, this game bores me to death, It's so bad I hadn't played it for a month until today and now it bores me even more, I've tried time and time again to enjoy it but I just can't, there's literally nothing fun to do, I feel like R* wasted 4 years making this game, it seems as though graphics aside they haven't made any real progress since SA it just keeps on regressing and it's a shame because GTA used to be my favorite gaming franchise but now it just seems like its all about yoga, darts, driving cabs and taking pictures of celebrities etc.. so basically what I wanna know is am I the only GTA vet on here that feels this way?

• sqre, MRTrollalot, Immigration and 7 others like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

Sir, I respect your opinion in everyway but embrace yourself. There is actually a lot of fun you can have in GTA V, and going to the gym in my agenda ins't something fun as all you do is button mash.

• John Smith, Katve, Invader_swift and 3 others like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

I like V, but I also like III, Vice City, San Andreas just as much.  IV is only average (Standard IV, no DLC).  The PS2 era games were better imo.  I don't care if the map was smaller in III, Vice City, those will always be my favorite two GTA games, followed by SA, then V, then IV.

• sqre likes this

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Sir, I respect your opinion in everyway but embrace yourself. There is actually a lot of fun you can have in GTA V, and going to the gym in my agenda ins't something fun as all you do is button mash.

I'm guessing you're trying to imply that going to the gym in SA was no more fun than doing yoga in V and that's fine even though I never once mentioned anything about the gyms in SA but anyone who has actually played SA knows that that you went to the gym to either change your appearance or change your fighting whereas yoga is what middle aged women do.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

bizarro starter kit

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

I loved the gym. Why? Because you could bulk up. I got so sick of Niko's pot belly in IV; man, I really wanted to get rid of that. It's nice being able to change the look of your character that way. Michael walks like he has to take a dump; he could use some exercise.

I do agree with the OP; personally I found this game to be a yawn-fest. I could detail each little thing, but I'll just say that as an overall experience, it left me quite disappointed.

• sqre likes this

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

Yeah. Play the f*cking game.

• DeafMetal, Invader_swift, Lowi and 1 other like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

The only thing you did was change your animation and how fast you hitted someone, bulkiing up also added strengh but after that the change was prettey minimal.

In this game you can still get strengh by hitting civies or doing things like Tennis and golf, also Yoga raises your special ability bar as Michael which is really convenient.

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:25 PM Edited by Capitalist Communist, 01 February 2014 - 10:26 PM.

Wow, we got a f*cking badass over here. Go do your homework kid you don't wanna end up in jail getting bent over by big black Deebo with your freind Justin Bieber.

• backfromthestorm likes this

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Wow, we got a f*cking badass over here. Go do your homework kid you don't wanna end up in jail getting bent over by big black Deebo with your freind Justin Bieber.

Hahaha, holy sh*t, call me a kid and then lay out one of the most pathetically childish things I've ever read on here (which is saying a lot). Way to be a hypocrite.

• Invader_swift likes this

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

The only thing you did was change your animation and how fast you hitted someone, bulkiing up also added strengh but after that the change was prettey minimal.

In this game you can still get strengh by hitting civies or doing things like Tennis and golf, also Yoga raises your special ability bar as Michael which is really convenient.

So you would prefer to do yoga over being able to alter your appearance and change your fighting style? Really?

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:32 PM Edited by Officer Ronson, 01 February 2014 - 10:33 PM.

The real problem is that you aren't thinking creatively, GTA is 100x funner if you use your imagination to have a good time.

The problem is that San Andreas, was a very structured game, after you've done it all, there was really nothing else left and you'd get really bored. The game appealed to people who couldn't think for themselves.

The reason why people still play this games today is not because the activities, but rather because they're playing it their own way, the creative way.

@Commie

Well I got three characters, one who is thin, one who is fat and one who is buff, also changing fighting ins't something really appealing as you'll find yourself shooting more rather than fighting.

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

The real problem is that you aren't thinking creatively, GTA is 100x funner if you use your imagination to have a good time.

The problem is that San Andreas, was a very structured game, after you've done it all, there was really nothing else left and you'd get really bored. The game appealed to people who couldn't think for themselves.

The reason why people still play this games today is not because the activities, but rather because they're playing it their own way, the creative way.

LOL So now it's my fault for not using my imagination? Are you serious? Hahaha I guess I'll go play with some Lego then or maybe I'll go down to the beach and build a sandcastle, I mean who the f*ck am I to demand a good game with plenty of replay value after spending my hard earned money on it? I should just use my imagination and pretend to be a cop or a cab driver that does yoga for fun.............yeah sure, good joke though you almost got me there.

• sqre, RyanBurnsRed, IGhostUlt and 3 others like this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

No, in fact, I think it's the most fun GTA ever. I love all of the GTAs. My childhood was defined by endless playing of II, VC and SA. But ultimately, I really struggle to play any of those games on free roam now. I can drive around VC and appreciate the music for a bit. I can drive around SA and have fun in the countryside. But unless I'm doing missions or side missions, I can't enjoy it for more than twenty minutes. IV is even worse in that regard (even if playing missions, that game can really feel like a bore at times). V is the only one where I get a sudden urge to just fire it up and play, no missions - just playing around in the world. I think this is more to do with it still being "new" though. 

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

It has a good replay value, a lot of good replay value. You're just seeing the game superficially, a freaking lot.

People still play games like IV because they do whatever the hell they want, not because a f*ckign missions tells them what to f*cking do or having to annoyingly go to a restaurant and having to eat otherwise during a mission their character would starve and die for the sake of it.

Caninepack10
  • Caninepack10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:25 PM Edited by Caninepack10, 01 February 2014 - 11:29 PM.

Gather a group of people, go to highway, try to cross it. Thats 1 thing you wont need a mission for and it will be at least 3x as funny compared to some missions, now why not try to high five in a plane, by using the wing? Im sure you´re a smart guy and these were really simple. Maybe, just maybe you can come up with something better... sigh..

Basically use your brain, I believe in you.

This is if you play online, offline you are f*cked.

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

LOL So now it's my fault for not using my imagination? Are you serious?

...who else's fault could that be?

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

All credibility lost.

• Meekail, lazy., Invader_swift and 1 other like this

llllI1llllI1
  • llllI1llllI1

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

I think a lot of people started with San Andreas. And that's what their idea of GTA is. 

Damn, I feel sorry for those people. 

:r*:

• sqre, golf wang and John Smith like this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Well, this thread sure is going places. 

• Ottomatic46 likes this

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

Gather a group of people, go to highway, try to cross it. Thats 1 thing you wont need a mission for and it will be at least 3x as funny compared to some missions, now why not try to high five in a plane, by using the wing? Im sure you´re a smart guy and these were really simple. Maybe, just maybe you can come up with something better... sigh..

Guess I'm f*cked then becuse last time I checked GTA sells it's self as a single player game I didn't become a fan of GTA by playing online this is GTA not COD, San Andreas didn't sell 30million copies becuase people wanted to play high five in a f*cking virtual plane like a little childish dickhead.

thatGuyyy
  • thatGuyyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Well, this thread sure is going places. 

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:37 AM Edited by Invader_swift, 02 February 2014 - 12:45 AM.

Guess I'm f*cked then becuse last time I checked GTA sells it's self as a single player game I didn't become a fan of GTA by playing online this is GTA not COD, San Andreas didn't sell 30million copies becuase people wanted to play high five in a f*cking virtual plane like a little childish dickhead.
edgy.
OT: In my opinion this is the most fun GTA ever. I just like to walk around the City or small towns and listen to the quirky citizens just babble. The dialogue is quite hilarious and I hear something new everyday. I also love to go boating in this big beautiful area and just listen to Radio Los Santos and relax for a bit taking in the sights.
  • I Am NADA likes this

I Am NADA
  • I Am NADA

Formaldehyde Face

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

In my opinion this is the most fun GTA ever. I just like to walk around the City or small towns and listen to the quirky citizens just babble. The dialogue is quite hilarious and I hear something new everyday. I also love to go boating in this big beautiful idea and just listen to Radio Los Santos and relax for a bit taking in the sights.

One of my favorite things about L.A. Noire was walking around the station house and hearing all the chatter and sounds that made it feel so alive. Rockstar carried this over perfectly to GTAV.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

but now it just seems like its all about yoga, darts, driving cabs and taking pictures of celebrities etc.. 

That's all this GTA is to you? Are your eyes closed?

• golf wang, Invader_swift, CantThinkOfOne2013 and 1 other like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

There is plenty of fun to be had but I won't waste time arguing with people.

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

but now it just seems like its all about yoga, darts, driving cabs and taking pictures of celebrities etc.. 

That's all this GTA is to you? Are your eyes closed?

No, this isn't all "GTA" is to me, this all GTA V is to me, like I said in my original post I feel since 2004 when SA came out on the PS2, graphics aside there hasn't been any progress whatsoever, am I saying SA is a better game than V, yes I am, do I still play SA? No, I don't, the controls feel alien to me now and it just seems weird playing it but if they were to have released SA instead of V with the same visuals on September 17th people would have quit their jobs just to play it all day everyday, am I asking for every GTA to be a SA clone no, I just want GTA to go back to being a crime game and build on what made GTA into the behemoth it is today instead of giving us family problems, yoga and ten thousand mountains.

My overall feeling of GTA now is that it used to be my wife but now we've had to seperate after she decided to have a sex change operation without even informing me, sad times.

• Lil_B_The Basedgod likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

I don't think GTA and other open world games are intended for those who need to be spoon fed their gaming fun. I prefer them to give me a playground and tools and leave the rest of the details up to me. That to me is what Sandbox gaming is about. I didn't even do most of the side things in SA and the only reason I did them in V was access to certain rare vehicles. That is why I love open world games but I don't know about anybody else.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

This is a crime game, you can still do whatever the hell you and, steal whatever the hell you want thats on wheels or has wings or blades and kill whoever the hell you want.

I wouldn't say this is a family game as you have to save your goddamned fatass cod playing son from a boat being highjacked by a known latin gang nor a Yoga game when you take a laptop and smash it up a frenchie instructor with an anal fixation.

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

I know....Listen to this revolutionary idea........

Rockstar should label the game box or case with >>DOES NOT INCLUDE IMAGINATION OR MOTIVATION<<

Just for people like you who make threads on how the game sucks and makes you bored...

There are many threads on here now and its always the same story...YOU LACK IMAGINATION and maybe a HDTV to enjoy these wonderful graphics on an XBOX 360.

I wonder if you get bored with call of duty ? now that there is repetition ....I will admit..I play cod but I get bored of if quickly because it lacks thought and is always the same story...GTA 5 Always has different scenarios and most of them you create yourself.

Your 21 also....? Its time to grow up and realise what you are saying and what you sound like........................................ A CHILD

• Jimbatron likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:21 AM

In most crime movies they also have families but nobody whines yet a crime game is suppose to features robots with no roots or connections. SA also dealt with CJ's family as well but nobody whined.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users