Photo

Game censorship (GTA, etc.)

15 replies to this topic
Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by Rapla_Tt, 01 February 2014 - 09:42 PM.

How do you think, should videogames be censored?

As far as I know, in Germany, Australia and Russia there is a strict censorship.

This question was always important for me, just thought that is stupid to censor games.

Just look this: http://gtaforums.com...ored-in-russia/

I have started that thread because was absolutely surprised of such uncommon and rough censorship done in GTA LCS in Russia.

But just another thread (this one, I started for) - how do you think, is it necessary for some countries to introduce censorship in digital products? And have they got rights to break original author idea?

I am a novice sociologist on specialty, so want to know your opinion.

Games is my hobby.

Vanto
  • Vanto

Ghetto Star

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

I don't think it should be censorship, at least in mature games, except for religion-related things, like the picture from a CoD game, I think MW2.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

I would cry myself to sleep on the day games are censored in the US. Feel really bad for Australia and Germany.

I don't see the point in it.

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

I don't think there should be any censorship in games. Since we pay such a high price for a game, we should get the full games without any cuts. I feel sorry for countries like Australia that have to pay a very high price to receive a game that's been cut.
  • Kalvin likes this

Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

I heard that some US states have laws which restrict videogames distribution, is it truth, or a fake?

But, anyway, I am agree with your opinions, good to see them on gtaforums gaming community.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Games shouldn't be censored. Also, developers shouldn't shoehorn things in just to appeal to certain demographics. I don't see how Germany puts up with it all. Here in America, games aren't censored except by the developers themselves.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

We live in a free country right? no censorship

• DeafMetal likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:32 AM

Games can be censored in America.
Just slap an AO rating on it, and it'll have to be toned down to see a console release. AO games are pretty much restricted to PC's here. There are at least two cases of this happening, with GTA San Andreas and Manhunt 2; both Rockstar products interestingly.

This is due to the idiotic policies Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have on AO games, not to mention the views of many retailers as well. The AO rating seems pointless in this country, other than to effectively ban a game that is.

It's not as bad as how things are handled in countries like Australia or Germany, but still stupid nonetheless.

the young hooligan
  • the young hooligan

Big Evil

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:22 AM

Ever since Australia introduced an R18+ option for games, I haven't heard of any receiving a ban or censorship. I could be wrong though, knowing how retarded our classification board is.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Ever since Australia introduced an R18+ option for games, I haven't heard of any receiving a ban or censorship. I could be wrong though, knowing how retarded our classification board is.

That zombie game on the 360 was censored. I think it is called "State of Decay" or something like that. Saints row 4 was also censored, despite the R18+ rating.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

That zombie game on the 360 was censored. I think it is called "State of Decay" or something like that. Saints row 4 was also censored, despite the R18+ rating.

He's right, Saints Row 4 was banned twice, when it was finally released in Australia, it did not even make the R18+ rating. I purchased my copy of GTA V online just in case there was any unknown censorship.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Censoring is unnecessary for the most part. If a game is rated M, it's blatantly obvious its going to have a lot of violence, swearing, nudity, drug use or mature themes.

The only two things I can think of that it would be best to censor are rape scenes and scenes where kids are murdered.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

People should be replaced by:

Zombies

Aliens

Robots

Dinosaurs

That's what happened to Carmageddon and it was great!

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Absolutely not. I don't think anything should be off limits in video games.

I'm opposed to censorship in general.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:03 AM

Conker's remake on the Xbox was essentially ruined by censorship.

the young hooligan
  • the young hooligan

Big Evil

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:03 AM

He's right, Saints Row 4 was banned twice, when it was finally released in Australia, it did not even make the R18+ rating. I purchased my copy of GTA V online just in case there was any unknown censorship.

Really? Didn't know that. God they really are a bunch of imbeciles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users