tehSpitefulPotato
  • tehSpitefulPotato

meme police

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

gtav_mod_dageron_4_thumb.jpg

WTF, Michael robbed a library...

I actually think Dageron's previous localisations were okay because he didn't even know about this movement, and recently joined it as a part of mainstream, result of brainwashing by active members or like this.

And he deleted 14 missions out of 70 stating it doesn't influence story much. Yeah.

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:38 AM Edited by MarOxq, 03 February 2014 - 11:41 AM.

Rapla_Tt

You even don't know how they hate Europe laws and tolerance, they call Europe as "JEWrope", "GAYrope" and "EuroSODOM". But not all Russians are the same.

• lpgunit likes this

Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

What are the tittles on the building behind Michael and on the road sign? Also about books?

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:47 AM Edited by MarOxq, 03 February 2014 - 11:55 AM.

Yes, still about the same, book is a source of knowledge, videogames is a source of idleness.

• tehSpitefulPotato likes this

tehSpitefulPotato
  • tehSpitefulPotato

meme police

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

On the building (from top to down) :

"Books are source of knowledge, videogames are source of idleness!"

"LIBRARY"

"Read books!"

On the van:

"LITERATURE"

On the road sign:

"HISTORY"

"CULTURE"

And I lol'd at this picture:

rockstar.jpg

Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by Rapla_Tt, 03 February 2014 - 11:53 AM.

My brain
your-head-asplode.jpg

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:57 AM Edited by MarOxq, 03 February 2014 - 01:23 PM.

Returning back to the GTA LCS...
Compare this: http://www.youtube.c...klorFs#t=14m14s
And this: http://www.youtube.c...dMQ06hfI#t=0m1s

In Dageron's version JD is talking with some Sindacco gangster while in original game he talks with a prostiture. Also in Dageron's version subtitles have another meaning, obscenities significantly softened, many of the spoken themes are avoided. Maybe due to the same reasons some cutscenes were removed (for example, Vincenzo one, etc). And such changes are everywhere.

Also... On the top of JD's club there are signs: 'SMOKING KILLS', 'Read books', 'Alcohol is poison, always remember'.

Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Looks like they can't invent anything except this rough 'social advertisement' for kids.
  • lpgunit likes this

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:30 PM Edited by MarOxq, 03 February 2014 - 01:22 PM.

They invented advertising themselves :lol: 

04b44d305697270.jpg

Tittle: "Dageron - cultural localizations"

dageron_lcs_20_thumb.jpg
"Liberty. Freedom is not permissiveness, remember responsibility and mutual respect"

dageron_lcs_22_thumb.jpg 
"Clothes. Fashion is an illusion, the main thing is tidiness."

dageron_lcs_23_thumb.jpg
"Social program: city without drugs, alcohol and smoking"

Tired of the translation, others are the same style.

Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Well enough. An iron curtain like in the USSR times would be a good way to isolate them from the world and the world from them. And let it be no drugs, alcohol, smoking, games, computers in their own North Corea.
  • MarOxq likes this

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:09 PM Edited by MarOxq, 03 February 2014 - 01:21 PM.

As I said, not all Russians are the same. This is just some part of our citizens, who follow nationalist ideology. As well as some follow communist one, pro-Putin one. And sure that there are a lot of people who don't interested in politics, but want to live not worse than in EU or the USA.
By the way, I have found this: http://gtaforums.com...rent-countries/

Looks like Dageron was registred on gtaforums, but got banned.
Some quotes:

I understood what content is often blocked in Germany. And also I understood that it is practically nothing near my level of censorship. During my Vice City Stories Russian localisation I edited lots of missions scripts (by the way, are anybody interested in LCS/VCS scripting tutorial?) - practically all excessively rude or excessively pervert content is blocked (+full blood removing). Have you got censored Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories version (PSP or PS2)? I am also interested in LCS/VCS too because still develop some tools which allows users editing Stories content (and I am making LCS/VCS Russian localisation using my knowledge).

So my idea is creating my own game translation (localisation) with a "little tweak". 
I am making EFLC Russian localisation and want to add in archive such files, which will block all obscene and cruel content.

This is 2010 quotes and I didn't know that GTA VCS was also censored :blink: . I played it and found nothing unusual.

Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

Episodes from Liberty City?

tehSpitefulPotato
  • tehSpitefulPotato

meme police

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:16 PM Edited by tehSpitefulPotato, 03 February 2014 - 01:18 PM.

Wait, VCS was also "tweaked" by him? I thought I was playing the normal localisation! I need to get original version.

P.S. It's good that he is banned on GTAForums, I can imagine how would he flood this topic if he wouldn't.

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:20 PM Edited by MarOxq, 03 February 2014 - 01:21 PM.

Yes, looks like they also wanted to censor EFLC on PS3 and Xbox360, but it was "too much content to censor". Here it is an article about this: http://dageron.com/?page_id=4349

Article is only in Russian, I am tired of translations, maybe someone else who know Russian will help if they are interested in (tehSpitefulPotato, for example).

Dageron just calls EFLC project as "failure" :lol: .
  • lol232 likes this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by lol232, 04 February 2014 - 10:30 AM.

^That's hilarious LMAO, the guy probably is related to Jack Thompson in any way most likely.

This dageron in a nutshell:
OM8zBYk.png
Seriously, I wonder what kind of censorship would he add to a game like Manhunt :lol:

If anything I learn a hell ton, and I have a lot of knowledge, yet I also play a lot of video games, but that doesn't mean I'm idle.
  • SensorialGlint10 and tehSpitefulPotato like this

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

As I said, not all Russians are the same. This is just some part of our citizens, who follow nationalist ideology.

Indeed. Even some semi-nationalist Russian I know (dreaming about Russia having the borders of USRR again) calls Dageron an idiot, lol. I guess his ideology is really radical then.
  • lpgunit likes this

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by MarOxq, 03 February 2014 - 07:00 PM.

Do you have such Russian friends? :lol:  Are they pro-soviet nationalists?

Nationalist ideology is seriously radical, but I don't know a lot of details about it, only common things.

Maybe some of them are not so fanatic that others.

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:15 PM Edited by SilentPL, 03 February 2014 - 07:15 PM.

Wouldn't call him my "friend" really, I just know him (and not personally even). And no, he said he's not a communist.
  • MarOxq likes this

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

Thanks, you just confirmed, that not all people from our country are the same.

Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

Dageron's ideology is mostly based on religion as far as I understood, not national identity and superiority one nation (Russian) over others. So maybe that's why some 'nationalist' subviews can be different than his.

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by MarOxq, 03 February 2014 - 07:37 PM.

Black-yellow-white flag tells much. Dageron is typical Russian nationalist, most part of their ideology is based on religion (that is main difference with communists who follow materialism point of views). And what about national superiority... Don't know what is in their brains, seriously. Sometimes nationalists are called as nazis on pro-Putin TV news, but at everytime they answer just it is Putin's propaganda, and they just love Russian nation which doesn't affect respect to other nations.

Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:42 PM Edited by Rapla_Tt, 03 February 2014 - 08:40 PM.

No matter, Jack Tompson could learn a lot from articles of that Russian man wrote.

MarOxq
  • MarOxq

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Btw, I remember some story about one Russian politican who also was called as "Russian Jack Tompson".

In 2009 when Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was released, in Russian version of the game mission where player was able to kill people in the airport, had been removed. One the plot those people were Russian civilians, and whole mission tittle was "No Russian". So, one politican, deputy Seleznev, decided to blame CoD for intolerance to Russians and ability to kill Russian civilians in that game. That mission was already removed, but he wanted to prohibit whole game series. So, that was useless, it is still possible to buy in any Russian DVD shop original version of any CoD and a lot of pirated versions.

And what about Dageron? Sure, there is an article which glorifies Seleznev's ideas.

Here it is, but only Russian.

Rapla_Tt
  • Rapla_Tt

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by Rapla_Tt, 03 February 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Well, I am not surprised... Sorry, but what a mess in your country actually is, if even prohibited games continue be selling everywhere :lol:.

Also about ideologies. In ower conversation with Dageron I noted one thing...

I follow the ideology of Russian Orthodox tsarists and the Black Hundred movement. This is Christian fundamentalism.

What is 'Black Hundred movement', is it radical nationalism one? Sounds very strange.

SensorialGlint10
  • SensorialGlint10

JW GROM General

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

http://en.wikipedia..../Black_Hundreds

MIXAZZZ
  • MIXAZZZ

Prime Minister

• Feroci
  • Russia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

Oh guys - all this censorship is a myth made ​​schoolboy nickname Dageron, and all because it is crying for a psychiatric hospital, he ran out of the room in which Napoleon was lying. Do not pay attention to this nonsense in the LCS.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

This is one hell of a fun mystery, coming from an American.

If this guy is so hell bent on taking down video games and such, why's he modding them in the first place?

• lpgunit likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• GTA Series Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Dageron is messed up but he does create useful stuff for modding.

I wonder what he did to "Dead Meat" mission.

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

Perhaps the sawmill has been replaced with a farm and you have to use CPR to bring a cow back to life after it had a heart attack?

• xrk and WildBrick142 like this

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to sell Shark Cards.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

Perhaps the sawmill has been replaced with a farm and you have to use CPR to bring a cow back to life after it had a heart attack?

silver-spoon-e7-cow-cpr.jpg

Apparently cow CPR is a thing. TIL.

• xrk and universetwisters like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users