Quantcast

» «
Photo

Lotta People Got Banned B/C Of a DNS Given Out Yesterday

58 replies to this topic

Poll: Lotta People Got Banned B/C Of a DNS Given Out Yesterday (136 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Those People Be Banned For Using DNS?

1. Yes (99 votes [72.79%])

Percentage of vote: 72.79%

2. No (10 votes [7.35%])

Percentage of vote: 7.35%

3. I Don't Care (27 votes [19.85%])

Percentage of vote: 19.85%

IMO: How Many People Got Banned?

1. 1-100 (25 votes [18.38%])

Percentage of vote: 18.38%

2. 100-1000 (40 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

3. 1000-10,000 (37 votes [27.21%])

Percentage of vote: 27.21%

4. 10,000 + (34 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

The number of level 2's and level 3's suddenly exploded today. Now I know why Lmao

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

The number of level 2's and level 3's suddenly exploded today. Now I know why Lmao

Maybe they'll actually learn how to play the game this time around.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

@Odesza (Chain was getting long.)
Yes, I did make a thread. As R* themselves said it was their fault for an exploit in RDR. (I could find the article if you want)
I don't see glitching as cheating, and R* had that same view. I was wondering if they'd hold up to it.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:19 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 February 2014 - 08:19 PM.

Yes, I did make a thread. As R* themselves said it was their fault for an exploit in RDR. (I could find the article if you want)
I don't see glitching as cheating, and R* had that same view. I was wondering if they'd hold up to it.

RDR isn't GTAV and chances are the situation was a lot different and the benefits the cheaters gained was a lot different.  Glitching is cheating, the glitching being done in this game is exploiting aspects of the game itself that is literally one of the definitions of cheating in regards to video games.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:19 PM Edited by Bozzah, 02 February 2014 - 08:24 PM.

I would say that Rockstar wouldn't even notice all these glitches, but people are so f*cking stupid and think/hope they might become a second Pewdiepie or whatever on Youtube :,) And those guys just ruin it for everyone including themselves.

BTW: some of the glitches are so f*cking impossible to discover, I am really wondering how people do that... Maybe it's some Rockstar employee :D

Anyway, I think glitching is not as bad as those godmode fags using an other DNS ,  but should still be punished. I myself did the LSC glitch and to be honest, I was glad that I didn't get punished, but I know I would have deserved it :) but: the extend of someone's glitching should be taken into weighing IF they would ever punish glitchers.

Everyone who is using wall glitches or godmode-like things should be console banned forever

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

I would say that Rockstar wouldn't even notice all these glitches, but people are so f*cking stupid and think/hope they might become a second Pewdiepie or whatever on Youtube :,) And those guys just ruin it for everyone including themselves.

You think Rockstar wouldn't notice someone having 1 trillion GTA$?  Or that people wouldn't report someone in god mode to Rockstar? lol.

The getting to North Yankton thing might be the only glitch so far Rockstar might not notice if nobody said anything.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

RDR isn't GTAV and chances are the situation was a lot different and the benefits the cheaters gained was a lot different.  Glitching is cheating, the glitching being done in this game is exploiting aspects of the game itself that is literally one of the definitions of cheating in regards to video games.
Nope, I was their. It was an XP exploit (which pretty much runs RDR MP).
It was very similar (except you couldn't get Franklin's Buffalo which is a very minor glitch IMO).
Very similar. I WAS THERE.

You Are All V1rgins
  • You Are All V1rgins

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

Why are you asking us how many people got banned.
Like anyone here knows

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by WBaker, 02 February 2014 - 08:27 PM.

Looks like it's a two week temporary ban. The original post has been deleted but here is the cache:http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=ca

"So can you tell me if this ban is permanent I promise I won't do it again. :,("

You know that's one of the same kids that probably came on here and went "lol R* wont do sh*t you legits mad?"
They really aren't having much done to them. Two week temp ban and R* leaves you with money.

molly_popper.jpg

Edit: But I'm actually happy they're at least being punished for god mode. I can't stand that one.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

It was very similar (except you couldn't get Franklin's Buffalo which is a very minor glitch IMO).

I'm not sure why you said you were there twice and in caps, I didn't imply you weren't lol.  XP pretty much runs an aspect of GTAO considering the weapon unlocks that can give you a big advantage over low level players that aren't cheating.  Regardless of that glitching is still cheating for the reason I stated above, if you're abusing an exploit in the game and manipulating some part of the game you are cheating, it's really as simple as that.  And that's not just my opinion or anything it's what cheating actually means lol.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

I'm not sure why you said you were there twice and in caps, I didn't imply you weren't lol.  XP pretty much runs an aspect of GTAO considering the weapon unlocks that can give you a big advantage over low level players that aren't cheating.  Regardless of that glitching is still cheating for the reason I stated above, if you're abusing an exploit in the game and manipulating some part of the game you are cheating, it's really as simple as that.  And that's not just my opinion or anything it's what cheating actually means lol.
I'm not arguing what cheating means.
I'm arguing the fact that people would be punished for something R* put into the game.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 February 2014 - 08:33 PM.

I'm not arguing what cheating means.
I'm arguing the fact that people would be punished for something R* put into the game.

They are cheating by exploiting something Rockstar put into the game with the intent it would be used legitly.  Cheating should be punished.

There you go.

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

You think Rockstar wouldn't notice someone having 1 trillion GTA$?  Or that people wouldn't report someone in god mode to Rockstar? lol.

The getting to North Yankton thing might be the only glitch so far Rockstar might not notice if nobody said anything.

didn't express myself correctly:

If someone found out a new money glitch and didn't tell ANYONE beside his best friends who STFU aswell, Rockstar wouldn't really think something strange as long they don't farm billions of dollars...

But if there are hundreds of videos of the same glitch on Youtube, it's obvious that Rockstar would fix the glitch, but "luckily" they cannot track down people who did it, and therefore they tell people that they don't consider money/rp glitching as cheating (but actually, they do, but just can't do that much about it)

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:34 PM Edited by Odesza, 02 February 2014 - 08:34 PM.

didn't express myself correctly:

If someone found out a new money glitch and didn't tell ANYONE beside his best friends who STFU aswell, Rockstar wouldn't really think something strange as long they don't farm billions of dollars...

But if there are hundreds of videos of the same glitch on Youtube, it's obvious that Rockstar would fix the glitch, but "luckily" they cannot track down people who did it, and therefore they tell people that they don't consider money/rp glitching as cheating (but actually, they do, but just can't do that much about it)

Depends on how much they check, if someone gains like 2million in ~10minutes they'll obviously investigate the account/activites.

But yeah if someone found some new glitch and was abusing it to gain money at a legit rate I doubt they would notice at first or at all.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Is this kid serious. Glitching is abusing an unintended game mechanic. What about that doesnt sound like cheating?

• Odesza and djdest like this

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

Is this kid serious. Glitching is abusing an unintended game mechanic. What about that doesnt sound like cheating?
The fact that they put it into the game and one never had to change it to achieve itm

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

The fact that they put it into the game and one never had to change it to achieve itm

If you're exploiting some aspect of the game for personal gain then you are cheating, that's the only way to look at it logically.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

i used the dns to see if it really worked, it did, i don't think the money saved cause i got off gta right after i did it the second time, came back next day and no ban. personally idgaf if they do decide to ban me. 

BMW1992
  • BMW1992

GTAForums member since Jan 2005

• BUSTED!
  • Brazil

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

I do not care at all

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

It's just a video game. The people that got banned will get over it and the people whining in this thread about those who haven't been banned will get over it as well.

MAR10HD
  • MAR10HD

Legit Business

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

No sympathy for anybody foolish enough to try this again after 2+ weeks of the message "Taking Aim at GTA Online Cheaters" in every loading screen. Got to have dust in your skull.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Did you?

So i have been looking around on other gaming sites and i've noticed there are a lot of people talking about either themselves or other people they know who got banned after using a DNS that some slupt had been posting he even posted it here yesterday morning for like 100K to completely a mission or so but i saw it on here on Sev7nSins and bunch of other sites so you know a whole lotta people got the axe.

I wonder how many people got banned for using this DNS

Translation - I used the DNS and made this poll to see what you think the likelihood of me being banned is.

djdest
  • djdest

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

I love the juxtaposition of cheaters and hackers giving it the big one about how cool they are because they're above grinding for cash, and that they're invincible etc.
Yet as soon as the threat of being caught or banned appears they turn into begging, snivelling spoilt brats trying to claim their mate tricked them or their baby brother did it while they were out!

Too funny.....
  • KimberJane likes this

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:41 PM Edited by GTARACER93, 02 February 2014 - 10:41 PM.

If you're exploiting some aspect of the game for personal gain then you are cheating, that's the only way to look at it logically.

It would mean they would have to ban or punish 3/4 of the population 

Mostly everyone I know has used glitches for personal gain. 

Be it replaying missions over and over or using LSC. 

I very much doubt they can bothered to do that. 

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

I don't know sh*t about DNS, but I got plenty of DNF in GTA0.  :bored:

SD361
  • SD361

The Professional

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:49 PM Edited by SD361, 02 February 2014 - 10:51 PM.

What a moment of "derp."

If you still thought it was a good idea to use a DNS cheat after the moneypocolypse, you deserve what you get.

IMO, a 2 week ban is weaksauce. Unlike previous hacks, where rockstar's stance was fluid, we know the stance  on cheating now. We've all seen the loading screens. Should have been a lifetime ban.

• djdest likes this

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:49 PM Edited by codename_duchess, 02 February 2014 - 10:50 PM.

YAY!!! Lotta People.

129157543070178916.gif

Best GIF i've seen in a long time. Bolo on drums. YES !!! YES !!! YES !!!!

Realise it's totally off topic but it had to be said :lol:  :lol:

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

I love the juxtaposition of cheaters and hackers giving it the big one about how cool they are because they're above grinding for cash, and that they're invincible etc.
Yet as soon as the threat of being caught or banned appears they turn into begging, snivelling spoilt brats trying to claim their mate tricked them or their baby brother did it while they were out!

Too funny.....

Don't forget the popular 'my cousin was over at my house at the weekend' story, that seemed to be used a lot lol

• djdest likes this

Comandante-Olle
  • Comandante-Olle

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

Come on. Really.
A DNS that change a mission I never played or got an invite too. I don't think it is that populare.
A guy with no weapons in front of you that you have to kill to complete the mission giving 100k... and 5k RP.
Anybody else than me that think this is a R* created DNS used as bait for players to ban?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users