Photo

ROCKSTAR MASS BANNING TO YOUTUBERS!

199 replies to this topic
Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:34 PM Edited by Ch4071C, 02 February 2014 - 03:35 PM.

It's is against the Terms of Use from Rockstar and also against the law because they used a fake DNS to alter their network traffic in a way Rockstar didn't mean it to be altered.

Finally, a sentence where you didn't call it illegal.

It is not against the law to set up or use your own DNS server.  To suggest that it is is beyond stupidity.  Doing so allows you to do things that *are* against the law, but the actual DNS server itself is not.
There is a difference between running and using a FAKE DNS server. Running FAKE DNS is illegal. Using FAKE DNS not. Using FAKE DNS to alter traffic is illegal. I did never call it not illegal.

There is a difference between DNS and FAKE DNS.

I highlighted the words so also you can see the differences.

@_d3xt3r_: You're the worst lawyer ever

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:37 PM Edited by _d3xt3r_, 02 February 2014 - 03:38 PM.

It's is against the Terms of Use from Rockstar and also against the law because they used a fake DNS to alter their network traffic in a way Rockstar didn't mean it to be altered.

It is not against the law to set up or use your own DNS server.  To suggest that it is is beyond stupidity.  Doing so allows you to do things that *are* against the law, but the actual DNS server itself is not.
There is a difference between running and using a FAKE DNS server. Running FAKE DNS is illegal. Using FAKE DNS not. Using FAKE DNS to alter traffic is illegal. I did never call it not illegal.

I'm still waiting for you to quote the ACTUAL law that is being broken by using a DNS server.

Computer Misuse Act 1990 does not cover it.

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm still waiting for you to quote the ACTUAL law that is being broken by using a DNS server.

Computer Misues Act 1990 does not cover it.

Because you don't know the technical background.

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

<3 Boxxy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

"Go ahead and hit that like button, it really helps me out"

Good to see that backfiring.
  • Khaos89 likes this

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:46 PM

In germany it is called the hacker-paragraph. You can google it.

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

This is quite possibly the most entertaining thread I've read.

Still trying to get my head round how someone entering numbers into their xbox or playstation settings can be punished by law and recieve a jail sentence.

It's a Scottish company. So Rockstar reserve the right to malky ye, heidbutt ye, stab ye, or pump yer bird.
  • Deasy, Dave Rizza and _d3xt3r_ like this

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Paragraph 303 Stgb in germany.

In one country kicking a tin can more than 3 times is illegal trash transport.

This law is more stupid than illegally altering data. Using a hanmer to destroy a smartphone is illegal. So why is it so funny that using a fake dns for altering data is illegal too?

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by _d3xt3r_, 02 February 2014 - 04:07 PM.

Still trying to get my head round how someone entering numbers into their xbox or playstation settings can be punished by law and recieve a jail sentence.

It's a Scottish company. So Rockstar reserve the right to malky ye, heidbutt ye, stab ye, or pump yer bird.

I proper laughed out loud.

People are looking at me funny.

Though, by way of an edit - it should read "Pump yer maw".

• SAUL_SILVER likes this

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

I proper laughed out loud.

People are looking at me funny.

Though, by way of an edit - it should read "Pump yer maw".

Haha or pump yer gran. Chances are she will still be in her 30's
  • _d3xt3r_ likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Hacking the game gives Rockstar the legal authority to brick your console.

Painmak3r
  • Painmak3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Banning for DNS and modding? good.

Banning for glitching?  Hell f*cking no.

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

Banning for DNS and modding? good.

Banning for glitching?  Hell f*cking no.

So..different methods of cheating = different punishments?

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

What goes up, must come down.

helresa
  • helresa

Public Security Section 9

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

By redirecting the traffic using a fake DNS you are intercepting network communications meant for Rockstar servers, this is covered by the computer misuse act. I don't have access right now to thw full act or I would quote you the paragraph. The person using the dns could be as guilty as the owners of the dns, however I doubt that any criminal case would be brought unless There was a serious interruption of business or loss of earnings.

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

LMFAO off at this...

and btw, that isn't an English accent..

It's English but with an accent...  an educated accent but not English nonetheless

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

OK. Rockstar should spend more time doing their job like creating some real DLC. Create more jobs, heists or fix the small bugs like the draw distance when looking through the scope of the sniper rifle.

They are starting to act like the obama administration by spending more time and money going after people that make them look bad rather than fixing the real issues at hand.

If one lands in a lobby that has cheaters you simply pick another lobby.

I actually had fun in the lobbies with cheaters. Killing on another was more of a challenge than playing the same missions over and over again.

You try running Rockstar let alone any company with multiple priorities.

Anyway, who's to say they aren't currently developing the DLC? Chances are they are busy working on them, but banning cheaters is the top priority right now. Also, what is everyone's obsession with the draw distance? I think the fact I can see all the way to the city from the mountains is phenomenal! I don't notice a dramatic change when viewing through a scope, but there shouldn't need to be.

As for the 'Obama administration' simile it should be remembered it's part of their job on this service to ban people. Also fixing the loopholes they've left isn't just going to be as simple as fixing it and that's it; they need to catch people promoting this information as well as exploiting the game so they don't try and kill it later. As well as that, they've been caught cheating, so it makes sense to catch them all and throw them out.

It's actually good that they've kept to their word and started punishing those caught. It must suck to be a YouTuber who flashes their fancy glitches and cheats right now.

I should have clarified what I meant by draw distance.

When one is on top of Maze building and they are looking down at the street the players do not show up unless they are in a vehicle. Once in a while a player does appear but it rarely happens.

• iainspad likes this

GTAO_Playerrr
  • GTAO_Playerrr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

OK. Rockstar should spend more time doing their job like creating some real DLC. Create more jobs, heists or fix the small bugs like the draw distance when looking through the scope of the sniper rifle.

They are starting to act like the obama administration by spending more time and money going after people that make them look bad rather than fixing the real issues at hand.

If one lands in a lobby that has cheaters you simply pick another lobby.

I actually had fun in the lobbies with cheaters. Killing on another was more of a challenge than playing the same missions over and over again.

You try running Rockstar let alone any company with multiple priorities.

Anyway, who's to say they aren't currently developing the DLC? Chances are they are busy working on them, but banning cheaters is the top priority right now. Also, what is everyone's obsession with the draw distance? I think the fact I can see all the way to the city from the mountains is phenomenal! I don't notice a dramatic change when viewing through a scope, but there shouldn't need to be.

As for the 'Obama administration' simile it should be remembered it's part of their job on this service to ban people. Also fixing the loopholes they've left isn't just going to be as simple as fixing it and that's it; they need to catch people promoting this information as well as exploiting the game so they don't try and kill it later. As well as that, they've been caught cheating, so it makes sense to catch them all and throw them out.

It's actually good that they've kept to their word and started punishing those caught. It must suck to be a YouTuber who flashes their fancy glitches and cheats right now.

I should have clarified what I meant by draw distance.

When one is on top of Maze building and they are looking down at the street the players do not show up unless they are in a vehicle. Once in a while a player does appear but it rarely happens.

Pls no. I love 1 hitting people half a city over whilst they're chillin in their car.

• hsthompson and Doktor Gott like this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Pls no. I love 1 hitting people half a city over whilst they're chillin in their car.

This.

Some of the sounds coming over the mic channel are unforgettable.. :D

• hsthompson and GTAO_Playerrr like this

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

I make people moist with my bad-assery.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

I especially love the tragic music the video plays that's supposed to evoke some kind of emotion for this guy. Pardon me while I cry for him...cry from the laughter from enjoying this too much. He and everyone like him are getting what they deserve. f*ck 'em all, and f*ck anyone else who's got a problem with being penalized for glitching, cheating or whatever it is that you've done to try to get over on the game's system of play. You're wrong and you deserve whatever punishment R* levies upon you, no matter how severe. Don't think for one second that people are supposed for feel sorry for you.

• Doktor Gott likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

WTF are you on about?  You really sound like you don't have a clue what you're saying.  There is no such thing as fake DNS.  A DNS server is a DNS server - end of.

Using a DNS server to modify internet traffic *without the end user's knowledge* can be illegal, but it all depends on context.  If you were to get someone to use your DNS server and then used that to capture personal information so you could steal from their online banking then that would be illegal, clearly.  If, however, you got your mate to use your DNS server and you set it so that every Youtube video he looked at was Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up', that would not be illegal and to suggest it would be is ludicrous.

Stop viewing things as either the most extreme possibility or a zero occurrence.  There is an infinite amount of middle ground here and you just don't seem capable of even admitting that.

• _d3xt3r_ and GTAO_Playerrr like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users