Is it wrong to divulge a random's...

54 replies to this topic
codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

Is it wrong to divulge a random's hiding position by going to passive mode then harass them running around them and calling attention to their position on the radar so the server can kill them? And also, when in passive mode continually running into a player can mess up their aim too is it true?

I ask because I recently found a crew doing this for their tank.

Nah, why would it be wrong?

They should get a better hiding place

You've been here long enough, stop asking silly questions you already know the answer to. And stop seeking attention from the internet, it's pretty sad

wtf is the matter with you? question is valid, everybody knows that,

How dare you ask a question !! Don't you know that is forbidden on here?

• beat_savy_9 likes this

Johnny Applesauce
  • Johnny Applesauce

Porkbelly's #1 Student

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

Is it wrong to divulge a random's hiding position by going to passive mode then harass them running around them and calling attention to their position on the radar so the server can kill them? And also, when in passive mode continually running into a player can mess up their aim too is it true?

You've been here long enough, stop asking silly questions you already know the answer to. And stop seeking attention from the internet, it's pretty sad

Is it especially hard for you to not be a sh*tbag? If you don't like people seeking attention then don't make posts like these, especially in a thread with a question you think is silly, if it's so silly keep your f*ck hole shut. 

awww....she your kindergarden teacher or something???   f*ckhole huh??? you thinking about what you did with you boyfriend last night? dw, it's legal now.

lol, you probably think that by sticking up for someone with a girls face as an avatar on a forum, she or he might give you a virtual kiss...

Hmm...I sense you are also looking for internet attention...

attentionwhorememe3-300x210.png

or or or... mayb,  just mayb

1.he reconized you & immidiately put you in your troll ass place

2.had a valid opinion & feed back to op

3.didn't judge op as any of that since op wasn't doing any of that

4.didn't appreciate your bullying

5.was yelling/cussing at you cause u contributed nothing to & derailed the thread

i might be wrong but that's what it looked like to me :/

Reasons you might have posted what you did:

1.to be a troll(mayb & most likely)

2.you got butthurt over something(probably yeah)

3.you have had a a tough time & bad luck with profiles with girl avatars(mayb your a perv or wanted a Virtual Kiss)

4.mayb YOU are the attention whore & came for you attention(well i guess your a** got it huh)

5.mayb your right,mayb u have seen this stuff too much & know when to call em, mayb if i checked your posts i would find that you are perfectly validated in making that post.  But i won't, cause i don't give 3 sh*ts,2 f*ks, or a G*Dd*m :sneaky:

OP what would add to the fun is if you were able to ragdoll into them like in singleplayer mode lol.

I also tried to mess up someones aming the first couple times i went into passive mode. i think the lobby was glitched or something tho cause it said i was in passive yet i was able to pull out my gun & shoot but couldn't hit/kill the guy who killed me & he couldn't hit/kill me either. wierd lol

• I.haigh and codename_duchess like this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

You're right when you say Beat Savy has been here for long enough. Long enough not to have to put with sh*t posts from morons nobody has ever heard of like you.

If you don't want to contribute please kindly GTFO.

On topic. I don't think its wrong to give away someone's hiding location using passive mode (camping is pretty cheap anyway) but it is a bit of a dog act using it to put people off their aim. I don't really think the passive mode mechanic was really designed for this.
  • I.haigh likes this

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

wtf is the matter with you? question is valid, everybody knows that,

Not trying to be a dick but that sounds like something my kid would ask, "can I go to the bathroom?" Nah dude piss your pants. Its like that. Plus don't worry what anyone else thinks, do ya thang
  • Timely and elless777 like this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

It's a dickish move.. that's why I use it.  Not my fault rockstar made these lobbies as silly as they are.. see RDR:Lobby thread for more info :)

prototypetom
  • prototypetom

purveyor of exasperated sighs

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

have to admit i do find it a bit weird when passives start rubbing up against you and stuff. but i've found you can sometimes pistol whip them, not for harm, just to make some sense of the situation. and although i haven't actually managed to kill one doing it yet, it can be fun jumping off things down to narrow ledges which they can miss. (awning over LSC for example)

haven't had one expose my position yet, but i don't really play like that. and one hasn't got in the way of any aiming yet either... but i expect it'll be annoying when it happens.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:03 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 02 February 2014 - 01:04 AM.

I don't understand the question. There are no hiding spots because everyone is shown on the minimap. If you want the lobby to go after them, place a bounty. Going passive to run circles around them just sounds boring.

• Timely likes this

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:07 AM

Seems impossible unless the victim is a total f*ckwit noob c*ck (c*nt)

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:42 AM

No its stupid. Its passive mode for a reason. Not passive mode for some bits but not for others. 

The being able to be shot in cars/ran over in passive mode is stupid too. 

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:48 AM Edited by TeammateAssist, 02 February 2014 - 01:48 AM.

I do this once. I didn't talk though. I think the fact that they're still trying to shoot me despite being in Passive mode is enough of a marker.

Oh yeah, did you know that kids in GTA think Passive Mode doesn't exist? It's true. I walked past some kids (since my bike crashed) and they started shooting at me. One of them said, "Wow, he's doing the godmode glitch."

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:01 AM Edited by stonedpimpso, 02 February 2014 - 02:03 AM.

I'd say having a spy watching targeted players on tv and feeding info over party chat would be more valuable than a passive troll. Either work and are fair as a game like this can be.

Strength in numbers yo.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

I'd say having a spy watching targeted players on tv and feeding info over party chat would be more valuable than a passive troll. Either work and are fair as a game like this can be.

Strength in numbers yo.

I sniped three guys out of the military base air traffic control tower thanks to my friend watching them on his TV.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

Is it especially hard for you to not be a sh*tbag? If you don't like people seeking attention then don't make posts like these, especially in a thread with a question you think is silly, if it's so silly keep your f*ck hole shut. 

awww....she your kindergarden teacher or something???   f*ckhole huh??? you thinking about what you did with you boyfriend last night? dw, it's legal now.

lol, you probably think that by sticking up for someone with a girls face as an avatar on a forum, she or he might give you a virtual kiss...

Hmm...I sense you are also looking for internet attention...

attentionwhorememe3-300x210.png

I'm not sticking up for anyone, I'm calling you out for being an asshole. Attention seeker? Ha, you f*cking tool bag hypocrite.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:46 AM Edited by I.haigh, 02 February 2014 - 02:47 AM.

Getting into FM battles is pointless and costs $$$

I agree but boy is it fun to get into a good battle in free roam. Especially with that heavy sniper, that sh*t is my favorite weapon. I surprise myself sometimes when I get someone speeding away in a car from way the f*ck out.

EDIT: whoops, double post. My bad!  :catspider:

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I DON'T GIVE A F*CK WHAT YOU THINK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

I agree but boy is it fun to get into a good battle in free roam. Especially with that heavy sniper, that sh*t is my favorite weapon. I surprise myself sometimes when I get someone speeding away in a car from way the f*ck out.

I agree and I have done that but it never ends...I am not the best shooter but I am better than average and as all of us ADULTS know a lot of it depends on your competition.  Last night I was in a FM alone messing around on a bmx a guy joined and came from LS to Paleto Bay to blow me up.  I figured to surely he would not attack me on a bmx and I was wrong.  Long story short...40 insult filled minutes later it was 33 to 8 in my favor...He never stopped so I switched sessions.  

Lesson of the day...YOU CANT FIX STUPID.  

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

You're right when you say Beat Savy has been here for long enough. Long enough not to have to put with sh*t posts from morons nobody has ever heard of like you.

If you don't want to contribute please kindly GTFO.

On topic. I don't think its wrong to give away someone's hiding location using passive mode (camping is pretty cheap anyway) but it is a bit of a dog act using it to put people off their aim. I don't really think the passive mode mechanic was really designed for this.

hahaha Dog act. Very Australian saying there

Been watching Underbelly again and that term gets used a lot.

The Kings Cross area in the Golden Mile kinda made me think that it would be awesome to have that somewhere in L.S

elless777
  • elless777

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:22 PM Edited by elless777, 02 February 2014 - 12:26 PM.

loool I notice a few of you who decided to gun me down for being honest about my thoughts regarding stupid questions and attention seeking, also use this lame ass passive mode tactic on other players.

So....to the idiots that just like to mess up other peoples game (as there are in this thread and they admitted themselves,)  I say go f..k yourself.

There is no need for you to be like that, none what so ever.

One of you accused me of bullying.. hahahaha

So if my opinion is bullying then wtf do you call your trolling of other players in passive mode just to piss them off?

I'M A HYPOCRITE???   lmao.

Anyways, like I said, go f..k yourself. Attention seeking from me?? lmao again. you could not be more wrong but then...you obviously can't think for yourselves and have to use what I said as an arguement against me...oh the drama...oh the psychology....

If I see any of you ingame doing that sh*t to me or other people I will get on your case until you leave.

Hell, I may even video it for evidence to give to rockstar so they can how YOU are bullying others.

Peace to those that are nice to others in this game and I have no time for the rest of you.

Say what you want, your opinion means nothing unless you are a clean player that doesn't abuse others for their personal enjoyment.

Also....moderators should probably lock this thread before it turns into an all out banana fest.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

I agree and I have done that but it never ends...I am not the best shooter but I am better than average and as all of us ADULTS know a lot of it depends on your competition.  Last night I was in a FM alone messing around on a bmx a guy joined and came from LS to Paleto Bay to blow me up.  I figured to surely he would not attack me on a bmx and I was wrong.  Long story short...40 insult filled minutes later it was 33 to 8 in my favor...He never stopped so I switched sessions.  

Lesson of the day...YOU CANT FIX STUPID.  

Yeah sometimes it gets old real fast, especially when the person who started the battle has to ruin it by bring out tanks, then everyone busts out their tanks and it turns into a sh*t storm,

loool I notice a few of you who decided to gun me down for being honest about my thoughts regarding stupid questions and attention seeking, also use this lame ass passive mode tactic on other players.

So....to the idiots that just like to mess up other peoples game (as there are in this thread and they admitted themselves,)  I say go f..k yourself.

So if my opinion is bullying then wtf do you call your trolling of other players in passive mode just to piss them off?

Anyways, like I said, go f..k yourself. Attention seeking from me?? lmao again. you could not be more wrong but then...you obviously can't think for yourselves and have to use what I said as an arguement against me...oh the drama...oh the psychology....

If I see any of you ingame doing that sh*t to me or other people I will get on your case until you leave.

Hell, I may even video it for evidence to give to rockstar so they can how YOU are bullying others.

Peace to those that are nice to others in this game and I have no time for the rest of you.

Say what you want, your opinion means nothing unless you are a clean player that doesn't abuse others for their personal enjoyment.

Also....moderators should probably lock this thread before it turns into an all out banana fest.

Lol you mad? By the way no one is saying that they are using it to troll, I personally was saying that you can use passive mode to your advantage, yes you can mess up someones shot, I know this because it's been done to me and it's f*cking annoying, doesn't mean I would do it. If the situation arose where it would be beneficial to be in passive mode you better believe I'm going to use it. You tool.

• Jolly SWAGman likes this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:29 PM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 02 February 2014 - 01:30 PM.

You sound pretty upset. Screaming about how we should listen to your opinion, when your opinion is basically "everyone shut up, this doesn't interest me personally so therefore its stupid and no one else should talk about it".

Why the hell should this thread be shut? You're the only one sh*tting on it, so wouldn't it be easier if you just didn't log in and give us your oh so important opinion?
  • I.haigh likes this

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Demanufacture

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

It's only wrong if you think it's wrong.

Luvythicus
  • Luvythicus

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

I actually love doing this. Not so much to have other people attack em directly, but more to bug people. If they're nice, I just salute em and leave. If they're dickheads, I'll follow em for at least the next 20 to 30 minutes. WHO NEEDS GUNS WHEN YOU CAN f*ck OVER ALL THE TRIGGERHAPPY ASSHOLES BY BEING IMMORTAL!

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by fish61324, 02 February 2014 - 03:49 PM.

So stupid.... first of all IT'S A VIDEO GAME... second of all.. IT'S GRAND THEFT AUTO.  Why do people continually think there should be "unwritten rules"..... do whatever you want. If this was Princess Glitters Puff Puff Adventure Time and you were acting like a "jerk" online, then yeah... some thing would be wrong with you. But it's Grand Theft F'n Auto...... why even ask is something is "WRONG" or "OK" to do?!??????

The more someone acts like an a** online.. the better Grand Theft Auto player they are.... that's the point. It's a game with guns and drugs and gangs..... Co-Op missions exist for a reason.  If someone wants to get online in free roam and play around with their friends... then they need to use invite only session

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

So stupid.... first of all IT'S A VIDEO GAME... second of all.. IT'S GRAND THEFT AUTO.  Why do people continually think there should be "unwritten rules"..... do whatever you want. If this was Princess Glitters Puff Puff Adventure Time and you were acting like a "jerk" online, then yeah... some thing would be wrong with you. But it's Grand Theft F'n Auto...... why even ask is something is "WRONG" or "OK" to do?!??????

The more someone acts like an a** online.. the better Grand Theft Auto player they are.... that's the point. It's a game with guns and drugs and gangs..... Co-Op missions exist for a reason.  If someone wants to get online in free roam and play around with their friends... then they need to use invite only session

wasn't a moral/immoral inquiry, was about waste of space taking up a slot type of thing, whatever, besides...

tumblr_lj22cv6Yfj1qe11kdo1_400.jpg

• Jolly SWAGman likes this

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Mmmmm.. Yummy!! Bunny Tacos!! ;)

CalderThePirate
  • CalderThePirate

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

As long as they are playing legit-like, then it is fine. I personally don't indulge myself in such activities but I know many that do. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users