Quantcast

» «
Photo

Zynga buys NaturalMotion (Euphoria engine)

7 replies to this topic
The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:51 PM Edited by The__Phoenix, 01 February 2014 - 05:52 PM.

Social gaming firm Zynga has announced the purchase of UK game-maker NaturalMotion for $527m (£320m).

Oxford-based NaturalMotion has had a string of mobile game hits, such as CSR Racing and Clumsy Ninja. Its purchase gives Zynga an entry into the lucrative mobile games market.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-25973764

Interesting news. I have no idea if/how it will affect to Rockstar though.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

It isn't any competition to R*, as R* make sandbox games, and Zynga social games.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

It isn't any competition to R*, as R* make sandbox games, and Zynga social games.

NaturalMotion developed Euphoria, a physics engine that R* use in their games.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Ah, yes, I remember now Euphoria. Sorry for the previous comment, I forgot NaturalMotion helped making GTA V.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

Vanto, on 01 Feb 2014 - 8:41 PM, said:

Lazyboy., on 01 Feb 2014 - 8:39 PM, said:

Vanto, on 01 Feb 2014 - 8:04 PM, said:

Ah, yes, I remember now Euphoria. Sorry for the previous comment, I forgot NaturalMotion helped making GTA V.

Not only GTA V, but the whole RAGE engine games including RDR and Max Payne 3 i think, so now basically everytime Rockstar needs to use NaturalMotion they have to pay these assholes who dont deserve anything because they did not build the damn thing but i guess when you buy something for hundreds of millions of dollars and firing a sh*t on of employees along the way you can do anything .

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

Not only GTA V, but the whole RAGE engine games including RDR and Max Payne 3 i think, so now basically everytime Rockstar needs to use NaturalMotion they have to pay these assholes who dont deserve anything because they did not build the damn thing but i guess when you buy something for hundreds of millions of dollars and firing a sh*t on of employees along the way you can do anything .

Just because Zynga or whatever own NaturalMotion doesn't mean they have the rights to Euphoria. Euphoria might still belong to NM.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

When they buy it, they have to agree to the contracts. It doesn't mean whoever buys it, they can do anything. It's most likely NM have got the rights/license to it still.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Just because Zynga or whatever own NaturalMotion doesn't mean they have the rights to Euphoria. Euphoria might still belong to NM.

It pretty much does though. I'll give you another example, when EA bought Criterion Games, they also got the rights to Renderware, aka the game engine rockstar used before RAGE. Everything NaturalMotion owned at the time of purchase is now own my Zynga,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users